One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five/Twenty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Katherine go home?
(a) She isn't given her usual five escorts, just three
(b) She doesn't have either enough money or an escort for the journey
(c) Hugh has banned her from Kettlethorpe
(d) She is sick with a bad cold
2. As Katherine regains her memory of the moments before Brother Williams' death, she tells Dame Emma that it wasn't the friar's blood that drove Blanchette away, but probably:
(a) The size of the mob approaching them
(b) The revelation that he believed Katherine had murdered Hugh
(c) That he believes Katherine is a witch
(d) Madness, for she had been showing signs of it beforehand
3. Whose husband leads the angry mob?
(a) Philippa's husband, Geoffrey
(b) Jack, Hawise's husband
(c) Emma's husband, Guy le Pessoner
(d) Costanza's husband, the duke
4. The Earl of March envies John, but thinks he has one strength and advantage that John does not:
(a) He has fathered many bastard children
(b) He is expecting children with several royal women
(c) He is a better swordsman
(d) The Earl is about to father a child who is closer to the throne than any of the Lancaster children
5. Why is Costanza eager to make a pilgrimage to Canterbury?
(a) She hopes St. Thomas will help her become more fertile
(b) She hopes St. Thomas will make Katherine magically disappear
(c) She hopes St. Thomas will make her beautiful, like Katherine
(d) She hopes St. Thomas will help her get more sleep
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Oswald suggest for Katherine?
2. How does John suddenly strengthen his political position?
3. The Duke goes into seclusion after Blanche's burial, permitting only this person to see him:
4. At the Pessoners, Geoffrey calls the hatred of the duke senseless and unjust. What does Katherine say about that?
5. All of the duke's men are happy except for Baron de la Pole. The Baron gets sent away for openly expressing his concerns to the duke. On his way to Havering, he meets Brother William Appleton who tells him something interesting about the duke. What does he tell Baron?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)