|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did Gichin's wife follow?
2. Karate was known in what Islands?
3. What rule number was missing from karate-do?
4. Where was Gichin's sick wife?
5. Gichin took his wife's ashes by train to where?
Essay Topic 1
How did Matsumura illustrate the lesson of vanity? Describe in relation to his reaction to the attack launched by the engraver.
Essay Topic 2
Gichin discussed both patriotism and war vividly in Karate-Do. Find some examples of each and discuss the effect of these topics on Gichin.
Essay Topic 3
Violence appeared throughout Karate-Do. Who was violent? In what ways were individuals violent or abusive? What was their effect on other individuals and their lives? Did these individuals change over time?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)