Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What earthquake struck on September 1, 1923?
2. From where did Gichin get students?
3. On the way to the last train to Tokyo after a party, who did Gichin encounter?
4. What did Gichin say that trainees used karate for?
5. Mastery of one kata could take how long?
The author mentioned some stereotypes associated with karate. How were stereotypes often based in myth? What aspects of stereotypes seemed real? With karate, many myths abounded in relation to strength and ability. What were they? Were they believable?
The role of women in Karate-Do took on very different forms. For example, Gichin's wife and his mother appeared quite traditional, yet the women in Gichin's class were not. Compare these differing roles of women.
How did Matsumura illustrate the lesson of vanity? Describe in relation to his reaction to the attack launched by the engraver.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)