Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What earthquake struck on September 1, 1923?
2. From where did Gichin get students?
3. On the way to the last train to Tokyo after a party, who did Gichin encounter?
4. What did Gichin say that trainees used karate for?
5. Mastery of one kata could take how long?
Essay Topic 1
Gichin's wife practiced Buddhism in a traditional way. How was her practice of religion different from that of Gichin? What traditions did Gichin's wife follow? Did they seem rigid to you?
Essay Topic 2
The role of women in Karate-Do took on very different forms. For example, Gichin's wife and his mother appeared quite traditional, yet the women in Gichin's class were not. Compare these differing roles of women.
Essay Topic 3
How does karate relate to Buddhist philosophy as described by Gichin? Do you find this comparison accurate? Which followers of Buddhist philosophy mentioned in the book were significant in terms of karate?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)