|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Okinawan dormitory that Gichin stayed at?
2. What was Gichin's favorite food?
3. What might contribute to the appearance and health of girls and young women?
4. From where did Gichin get students?
5. How did Gichin eat his food in the summer?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness in Karate-Do. Which of the individuals were lonely? Were they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Gichin emphasized the importance of training in karate. What was an example of a kata described by Gichin? How long did it take to master a kata? What was necessary for mastery? Who could do it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Sueyoshi. What was his role in Karate-Do? What was Gichin trying to accomplish by describing Sueyoshi?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)