Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What earthquake struck on September 1, 1923?
2. From where did Gichin get students?
3. On the way to the last train to Tokyo after a party, who did Gichin encounter?
4. What did Gichin say that trainees used karate for?
5. Mastery of one kata could take how long?
What was the importance of avoiding conflict according to Gichin? How did Gichin illustrate this in the example with the thieves entering his house? Did he respond in a similar way to Isotu? Were there any differences?
The role of women in Karate-Do took on very different forms. For example, Gichin's wife and his mother appeared quite traditional, yet the women in Gichin's class were not. Compare these differing roles of women.
Describe Sueyoshi. What was his role in Karate-Do? What was Gichin trying to accomplish by describing Sueyoshi?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)