|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gichin took his wife's ashes by train to where?
2. What might contribute to the appearance and health of girls and young women?
(a) Bosu training.
(b) Karate training.
(c) Jijutsu training.
(d) Tug of war training.
3. How old was Gichin when he performed for the crown prince?
(a) Over 70.
(b) Under 40.
(c) Over 50.
(d) Under 30.
4. Where did an earthquake strike on September 1, 1923?
5. What did karate training require as a student progressed levels?
(a) An opponent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gichin warn against becoming when learning kata?
2. In 1945, Gichin's dojo was destroyed by what?
3. Mastery of one kata could take how long?
4. Who was the Russian war hero that supported Funakoshi?
5. What did popular wrestlers use that could kill a man instantly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gichin get started with his new school?
2. Why was Gichin so healthy?
3. What was the public bathhouse tale told by Seiji?
4. How did Gichin plan to impress viewers at the demonstration in Tokyo?
5. What did Gichin realize about his wife as she died?
6. Why did Gichin's wife not live with him?
7. What did mastery of karate-do require according to Gichin?
8. Describe the book collaboration that Gichin had with the painter.
9. How did Gichin explain that a karate blow can be fatal years later by comparing the body to boards?
10. Describe the altercation Gichin had with the thief in the rain.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)