|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Gichin and his wife in Kyushu?
2. The victim of a karate blow often died when?
(a) 6-7 years later.
(b) 1-2 years later.
(c) 5-10 years later.
(d) 3-5 years later.
3. What new role had the crown prince taken on as the war commenced?
4. What Judo master asked Gichin to teach him some basic kata?
(a) Shinkin Gima.
(b) Meisei Juku.
(c) Master Azato.
(d) Jigoro Kano.
5. On the way to the last train to Tokyo after a party, who did Gichin encounter?
(a) A woman in red.
(b) A man in black.
(c) A ghost in white.
(d) A child in blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gichin was dismayed by popular press notions of what in karate?
2. Where was Gichin's sick wife?
3. Who was the naval man that became a student of Gichin?
4. Who encouraged and warned Gichin of the difficulties of starting a school in Tokyo?
5. Gichin claimed the mastery of Karate-do required being what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the book collaboration that Gichin had with the painter.
2. Why did the children call Gichin "snake gourd?"
3. What did Gichin realize about his wife as she died?
4. What were some benefits for women from taking karate according to Gichin?
5. What did Gichin teach his students about karate that kept them from forming illegal gangs?
6. What did mastery of karate-do require according to Gichin?
7. How did Gichin explain that a karate blow can be fatal years later by comparing the body to boards?
8. Why was Gichin so healthy?
9. Describe the altercation Gichin had with the thief in the rain.
10. Why did Gichin's wife not live with him?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)