|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gichin's wife live?
2. What did Gichin like to do in the afternoon that he did as a child?
3. Karate was known in what Islands?
4. What did Gichin show containing photographs of karate stances, kata, and movements?
5. What did popular wrestlers use that could kill a man instantly?
(b) Tug of war.
(d) Karate chop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bowls of soup did Gichin have a day?
2. Why was Gichin ashamed of himself after confronting the thief?
3. Despite fears of war, where did Japan remain peaceful?
4. Gichin urged students to practice what in public and private daily life?
5. What did karate teach women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the public bathhouse tale told by Seiji?
2. Why did many women like karate according to Gichin?
3. What were some benefits for women from taking karate according to Gichin?
4. What did Gichin teach his students about karate that kept them from forming illegal gangs?
5. How did Gichin get started with his new school?
6. Why did Gichin's wife not live with him?
7. Why did the children call Gichin "snake gourd?"
8. Why did Gichin warn against arrogance in training?
9. How did Gichin approach karate training?
10. What did mastery of karate-do require according to Gichin?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)