|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gichin was moved by His Majesty's memory of a demonstration that he did many years ago at what location?
(a) Kyushu Castle.
(b) Funakoshi Castle.
(c) Nua Castle.
(d) Shuri Castle.
2. How many rules were essential to understanding Karate-do?
3. Who began to join the karate dojo when Gichin was 80?
4. What might contribute to the appearance and health of girls and young women?
(a) Karate training.
(b) Bosu training.
(c) Jijutsu training.
(d) Tug of war training.
5. From where did Gichin get students?
(a) Car repair stores.
(b) Military academies.
(c) Pawn and drug shops.
(d) Cafes and bookstores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the naval man that became a student of Gichin?
2. What made kata similar to dance?
3. On the way to the last train to Tokyo after a party, who did Gichin encounter?
4. Gichin urged karate students to train with the eyes of what?
5. Gichin was dismayed by popular press notions of what in karate?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)