|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gichin postpone a visit to when Kano wanted a demonstration?
2. Where did an earthquake strike on September 1, 1923?
3. The victim of a karate blow often died when?
(a) 6-7 years later.
(b) 1-2 years later.
(c) 5-10 years later.
(d) 3-5 years later.
4. What was Gichin's wife sick from?
(a) Chronic asthma.
(b) Heart disease.
(c) Gall bladder.
(d) Stomach infection.
5. Who encouraged Gichin to write a reference book on Karate-do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule number was missing from karate-do?
2. Gichin took his wife's ashes by train to where?
3. Karate was known in what Islands?
4. What might contribute to the appearance and health of girls and young women?
5. Gichin was on the faculty of a school near what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gichin approach karate training?
2. How did karate stand out according to Gichin?
3. Why did Gichin name his dojo Shoto?
4. How did Gichin plan to impress viewers at the demonstration in Tokyo?
5. How did the earthquake affect Gichin's trade?
6. Describe the book collaboration that Gichin had with the painter.
7. Why did Gichin's wife not live with him?
8. Why was Gichin so healthy?
9. Describe the altercation Gichin had with the thief in the rain.
10. What did mastery of karate-do require according to Gichin?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)