|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gichin's wife live?
2. How many weapons did Gichin identify from the wrist down?
3. What were Gichin and his wife in Kyushu?
4. Gichin urged karate students to train with the eyes of what?
5. Why was Gichin ashamed of himself after confronting the thief?
(a) Taking the offensive.
(b) Giving up so quickly.
(c) Losing to a thief.
(d) Needing the help of the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Gichin's favorite food?
2. Gichin's book was published in what year?
3. Who encouraged and warned Gichin of the difficulties of starting a school in Tokyo?
4. How many bowls of soup did Gichin have a day?
5. Karate was known in what Islands?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the book collaboration that Gichin had with the painter.
2. Why was Gichin so healthy?
3. How did karate stand out according to Gichin?
4. What were some benefits for women from taking karate according to Gichin?
5. Why was Gichin ashamed of how he reacted to the thief?
6. What did Gichin learn from his students?
7. How did Gichin get started with his new school?
8. Why did many women like karate according to Gichin?
9. Why did Gichin name his dojo Shoto?
10. How did Gichin plan to impress viewers at the demonstration in Tokyo?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)