|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion did Gichin's wife follow?
(a) A Writer.
(b) A Buddhist.
(c) A Singer.
(d) A Priestess.
2. Former students of Gichin who were unable to carry a rifle or sword were told to do what to the enemy during the war?
(a) Scalpel them.
(b) Beat them.
(c) Run away from them.
(d) Karate charge.
3. What did the painter do for Gichin's book?
(a) Screen it.
(b) Design it.
(c) Publish it.
(d) Pay for it.
4. Who encouraged and warned Gichin of the difficulties of starting a school in Tokyo?
(a) Rudo and Kano.
(b) Kosugi and Kano.
(c) Gima and Juku.
(d) Azato and Itosu.
5. What is the Japanese word for knapsack?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did an opponent allow a karate student to do?
2. What made kata similar to dance?
3. What painter sought instruction for his organization, the Tabata Poplar Club?
4. What did popular wrestlers use that could kill a man instantly?
5. Who encouraged Gichin to write a reference book on Karate-do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did karate stand out according to Gichin?
2. How did Gichin get started with his new school?
3. Why was Gichin so healthy?
4. Why did Gichin's wife not live with him?
5. What did mastery of karate-do require according to Gichin?
6. How did Gichin explain that a karate blow can be fatal years later by comparing the body to boards?
7. Why did Gichin name his dojo Shoto?
8. Why did the children call Gichin "snake gourd?"
9. What was the true meaning of karate?
10. What was the public bathhouse tale told by Seiji?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)