|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did an opponent allow a karate student to do?
2. Gichin was on the faculty of a school near what?
3. What did Gichin show containing photographs of karate stances, kata, and movements?
4. Gichin urged students to practice what in public and private daily life?
5. Where did Gichin's wife live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Gichin's sick wife?
2. What new role had the crown prince taken on as the war commenced?
3. What might contribute to the appearance and health of girls and young women?
4. What did Gichin say that trainees used karate for?
5. What painter sought instruction for his organization, the Tabata Poplar Club?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Gichin ashamed of how he reacted to the thief?
2. Why did many women like karate according to Gichin?
3. Why did Gichin name his dojo Shoto?
4. What did Gichin realize about his wife as she died?
5. What did Gichin learn from his students?
6. Why was Gichin so healthy?
7. Describe the altercation Gichin had with the thief in the rain.
8. What did mastery of karate-do require according to Gichin?
9. Why did Gichin's wife not live with him?
10. How did Gichin plan to impress viewers at the demonstration in Tokyo?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)