|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told the public bathhouse tale that Gichin repeated?
2. Where was Gichin's sick wife?
3. Mastery of one kata could take how long?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 months.
4. Gichin was on the faculty of a school near what?
5. Gichin urged karate students to train with the eyes of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What offered a karate group of faculty and students that Gichin visited regularly to give instruction?
2. Who was a first-rate karateka?
3. What rule number was missing from karate-do?
4. Gichin took his wife's ashes by train to where?
5. Where did an earthquake strike on September 1, 1923?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the altercation Gichin had with the thief in the rain.
2. Why did the children call Gichin "snake gourd?"
3. Describe the book collaboration that Gichin had with the painter.
4. What did mastery of karate-do require according to Gichin?
5. What were some benefits for women from taking karate according to Gichin?
6. Why was Gichin so healthy?
7. Describe Gichin's concern for his former students as the war with China began.
8. Why was Gichin ashamed of how he reacted to the thief?
9. What did Gichin realize about his wife as she died?
10. What did Gichin learn from his students?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)