|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Gichin's favorite food?
2. What did an opponent allow a karate student to do?
3. What did karate teach women?
4. Gichin claimed the mastery of Karate-do required being what?
(a) A strong heart and willpower.
(b) A desire for new experiences and people.
(c) A good and honest member of society.
(d) A willingness to give in to higher power.
5. Who began to join the karate dojo when Gichin was 80?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encouraged and warned Gichin of the difficulties of starting a school in Tokyo?
2. What was Gichin's wife sick from?
3. Why was Gichin ashamed of himself after confronting the thief?
4. What is the Japanese word for knapsack?
5. How many weapons did Gichin identify from the wrist down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did many women like karate according to Gichin?
2. Describe the altercation Gichin had with the thief in the rain.
3. How was karate-do a way of life?
4. What did Gichin realize about his wife as she died?
5. Why did Gichin name his dojo Shoto?
6. Why did the children call Gichin "snake gourd?"
7. How did Gichin plan to impress viewers at the demonstration in Tokyo?
8. Why was Gichin so healthy?
9. How did the earthquake affect Gichin's trade?
10. What did mastery of karate-do require according to Gichin?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)