|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gichin like to do despite offers of assistance?
2. What did children in the garden call Gichin for his smooth, ruddy-skinned complexion?
(a) Snake gourd.
(b) Tan man.
(c) Dancing pole.
(d) Spy man.
3. Where did Gichin's wife live?
4. Gichin was on the faculty of a school near what?
5. What were the police afraid would happen with karate students?
(a) They fight all the time.
(b) They win by default.
(c) They beat the police.
(d) They form hoodlum gangs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What painter sought instruction for his organization, the Tabata Poplar Club?
2. What Judo master asked Gichin to teach him some basic kata?
3. Who was the Grand Champion that trained with Gichin?
4. Gichin claimed the mastery of Karate-do required being what?
5. What did Gichin compare a man's body to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gichin realize about his wife as she died?
2. What were some benefits for women from taking karate according to Gichin?
3. How was karate-do a way of life?
4. What did Gichin learn from his students?
5. How did karate stand out according to Gichin?
6. Why did Gichin's wife not live with him?
7. Describe the book collaboration that Gichin had with the painter.
8. What did mastery of karate-do require according to Gichin?
9. What was the public bathhouse tale told by Seiji?
10. Why did Gichin warn against arrogance in training?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)