|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told the public bathhouse tale that Gichin repeated?
2. What did children in the garden call Gichin for his smooth, ruddy-skinned complexion?
(a) Spy man.
(b) Snake gourd.
(c) Dancing pole.
(d) Tan man.
3. What did karate teach women?
4. Serious Karate-do pupils were _____________ to maintain interest and training over the long term.
(a) Speedy and critical.
(b) Feisty and vigorous.
(c) Considerate and purposeful.
(d) Energetic and lively.
5. Gichin's book was published in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gichin like to do despite offers of assistance?
2. What is the Japanese word for knapsack?
3. What rule number was missing from karate-do?
4. What did Gichin sleep on?
5. Where did Gichin postpone a visit to when Kano wanted a demonstration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the public bathhouse tale told by Seiji?
2. What did mastery of karate-do require according to Gichin?
3. What did Gichin realize about his wife as she died?
4. Describe the altercation Gichin had with the thief in the rain.
5. How did karate stand out according to Gichin?
6. How was karate-do a way of life?
7. How did the earthquake affect Gichin's trade?
8. Why did Gichin warn against arrogance in training?
9. How did Gichin get started with his new school?
10. Why was Gichin so healthy?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)