|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gichin was dismayed by popular press notions of what in karate?
(a) Use of equipment.
(c) Superhuman feats of strength.
(d) Northern vertigo.
2. Despite fears of war, where did Japan remain peaceful?
(a) Manchuria and Mongolia.
(b) Shuri and Nua.
(c) Okinawa and Kyushu.
(d) Kyoto and Suri.
3. What did children in the garden call Gichin for his smooth, ruddy-skinned complexion?
(a) Tan man.
(b) Dancing pole.
(c) Spy man.
(d) Snake gourd.
4. How many bowls of soup did Gichin have a day?
5. Karate was known in what Islands?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gichin urged karate students to train with the eyes of what?
2. Where did Gichin live with his oldest son in 1945?
3. What were Gichin and his wife in Kyushu?
4. What could trainees develop from karate?
5. How many weapons did Gichin identify from the wrist down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gichin learn from his students?
2. What did Gichin realize about his wife as she died?
3. How did karate stand out according to Gichin?
4. How did Gichin approach karate training?
5. How did Gichin explain that a karate blow can be fatal years later by comparing the body to boards?
6. Why did Gichin name his dojo Shoto?
7. Describe the book collaboration that Gichin had with the painter.
8. Why did Gichin's wife not live with him?
9. Why did many women like karate according to Gichin?
10. How did Gichin plan to impress viewers at the demonstration in Tokyo?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)