|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rules were essential to understanding Karate-do?
2. What did karate training require as a student progressed levels?
(b) An opponent.
3. What made kata similar to dance?
4. Where was Gichin's sick wife?
5. How did Gichin eat his food in the summer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gichin's wife live?
2. In 1945, Gichin's dojo was destroyed by what?
3. Gichin's book was published in what year?
4. Who was a first-rate karateka?
5. What new role had the crown prince taken on as the war commenced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the children call Gichin "snake gourd?"
2. How did Gichin explain that a karate blow can be fatal years later by comparing the body to boards?
3. What was the public bathhouse tale told by Seiji?
4. Describe the altercation Gichin had with the thief in the rain.
5. What were some benefits for women from taking karate according to Gichin?
6. Why did many women like karate according to Gichin?
7. What was the true meaning of karate?
8. What did Gichin teach his students about karate that kept them from forming illegal gangs?
9. How did Gichin plan to impress viewers at the demonstration in Tokyo?
10. Why was Gichin ashamed of how he reacted to the thief?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)