|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the painter do for Gichin's book?
(a) Design it.
(b) Pay for it.
(c) Publish it.
(d) Screen it.
2. What did Gichin say that trainees used karate for?
(a) To build strength.
(b) To calm the mind.
(c) To fight enemies.
(d) To see weakness.
3. What was Gichin's wife sick from?
(a) Stomach infection.
(b) Heart disease.
(c) Chronic asthma.
(d) Gall bladder.
4. In 1921, who held a demonstration of ancient Japanese martial arts?
(a) Ministry of Education.
(b) Ministry of International Affairs.
(c) Ministry of Health.
(d) Ministry of Trade.
5. Where did Gichin postpone a visit to when Kano wanted a demonstration?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Gichin's sick wife?
2. Gichin was asked to introduce karate to what Japanese capital?
3. Despite fears of war, where did Japan remain peaceful?
4. Gichin's book was published in what year?
5. What did Gichin warn against becoming when learning kata?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the altercation Gichin had with the thief in the rain.
2. What did Gichin learn from his students?
3. What did mastery of karate-do require according to Gichin?
4. What did Gichin teach his students about karate that kept them from forming illegal gangs?
5. How did Gichin get started with his new school?
6. Describe the book collaboration that Gichin had with the painter.
7. Why was Gichin ashamed of how he reacted to the thief?
8. How did Gichin plan to impress viewers at the demonstration in Tokyo?
9. Why did Gichin warn against arrogance in training?
10. Why was Gichin so healthy?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)