|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offered a karate group of faculty and students that Gichin visited regularly to give instruction?
(a) The ministry.
(b) The dojo.
(c) The academy.
(d) The university.
2. What did Gichin say that trainees used karate for?
(a) To see weakness.
(b) To build strength.
(c) To calm the mind.
(d) To fight enemies.
3. In 1921, who held a demonstration of ancient Japanese martial arts?
(a) Ministry of Education.
(b) Ministry of International Affairs.
(c) Ministry of Health.
(d) Ministry of Trade.
4. Where did Gichin postpone a visit to when Kano wanted a demonstration?
5. What might contribute to the appearance and health of girls and young women?
(a) Tug of war training.
(b) Bosu training.
(c) Karate training.
(d) Jijutsu training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new role had the crown prince taken on as the war commenced?
2. Who was the Russian war hero that supported Funakoshi?
3. How many rules were essential to understanding Karate-do?
4. What did Gichin compare a man's body to?
5. What were Gichin and his wife in Kyushu?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the children call Gichin "snake gourd?"
2. What did mastery of karate-do require according to Gichin?
3. Why was Gichin so healthy?
4. Why did Gichin name his dojo Shoto?
5. What did Gichin learn from his students?
6. How was karate-do a way of life?
7. What did Gichin teach his students about karate that kept them from forming illegal gangs?
8. How did the earthquake affect Gichin's trade?
9. How did Gichin approach karate training?
10. How did Gichin plan to impress viewers at the demonstration in Tokyo?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)