|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gichin claimed the mastery of Karate-do required being what?
(a) A desire for new experiences and people.
(b) A strong heart and willpower.
(c) A willingness to give in to higher power.
(d) A good and honest member of society.
2. How many rules were essential to understanding Karate-do?
3. What were Gichin and his wife in Kyushu?
4. How many weapons did Gichin identify from the wrist down?
5. What did the person Gichin met in Tokyo want from him?
(b) A cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gichin warn against becoming when learning kata?
2. Where did Gichin postpone a visit to when Kano wanted a demonstration?
3. What offered a karate group of faculty and students that Gichin visited regularly to give instruction?
4. What did Gichin compare a man's body to?
5. What Judo master asked Gichin to teach him some basic kata?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gichin get started with his new school?
2. How did Gichin explain that a karate blow can be fatal years later by comparing the body to boards?
3. What were some benefits for women from taking karate according to Gichin?
4. What was the true meaning of karate?
5. What did Gichin realize about his wife as she died?
6. Why did Gichin name his dojo Shoto?
7. What was the public bathhouse tale told by Seiji?
8. Why did Gichin's wife not live with him?
9. What did Gichin learn from his students?
10. Describe the altercation Gichin had with the thief in the rain.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)