|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gichin urged karate students to train with the eyes of what?
2. How many rules were essential to understanding Karate-do?
3. Who told the public bathhouse tale that Gichin repeated?
4. Gichin took his wife's ashes by train to where?
5. How old was Gichin when he performed for the crown prince?
(a) Over 50.
(b) Under 30.
(c) Over 70.
(d) Under 40.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mastery of one kata could take how long?
2. What did Gichin like to do in the afternoon that he did as a child?
3. What made kata similar to dance?
4. How many bowls of soup did Gichin have a day?
5. What did Gichin compare a man's body to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was karate-do a way of life?
2. What were some benefits for women from taking karate according to Gichin?
3. What was the public bathhouse tale told by Seiji?
4. How did Gichin explain that a karate blow can be fatal years later by comparing the body to boards?
5. What did Gichin learn from his students?
6. How did Gichin approach karate training?
7. Why did Gichin warn against arrogance in training?
8. What did Gichin realize about his wife as she died?
9. How did Gichin plan to impress viewers at the demonstration in Tokyo?
10. What did Gichin teach his students about karate that kept them from forming illegal gangs?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)