|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Japanese word for knapsack?
2. The victim of a karate blow often died when?
(a) 6-7 years later.
(b) 5-10 years later.
(c) 1-2 years later.
(d) 3-5 years later.
3. What offered a karate group of faculty and students that Gichin visited regularly to give instruction?
(a) The dojo.
(b) The academy.
(c) The ministry.
(d) The university.
4. What might contribute to the appearance and health of girls and young women?
(a) Jijutsu training.
(b) Tug of war training.
(c) Karate training.
(d) Bosu training.
5. Gichin was asked to introduce karate to what Japanese capital?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was exercised in karate that could improve marital relations?
2. What painter sought instruction for his organization, the Tabata Poplar Club?
3. What were the police afraid would happen with karate students?
4. On the way to the last train to Tokyo after a party, who did Gichin encounter?
5. What did Gichin say that trainees used karate for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did mastery of karate-do require according to Gichin?
2. Describe the book collaboration that Gichin had with the painter.
3. What did Gichin teach his students about karate that kept them from forming illegal gangs?
4. Why did Gichin name his dojo Shoto?
5. Describe the altercation Gichin had with the thief in the rain.
6. How did the earthquake affect Gichin's trade?
7. How did Gichin get started with his new school?
8. How was karate-do a way of life?
9. How did karate stand out according to Gichin?
10. What was the public bathhouse tale told by Seiji?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)