|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The victim of a karate blow often died when?
(a) 1-2 years later.
(b) 5-10 years later.
(c) 6-7 years later.
(d) 3-5 years later.
2. What did Gichin say that trainees used karate for?
(a) To fight enemies.
(b) To calm the mind.
(c) To see weakness.
(d) To build strength.
3. What were Gichin and his wife in Kyushu?
4. What was the Okinawan dormitory that Gichin stayed at?
(a) Shinkin Gima.
(b) Jigoro Kano.
(c) Kano Rudo.
(d) Meisei Juku.
5. Where did Gichin postpone a visit to when Kano wanted a demonstration?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way to the last train to Tokyo after a party, who did Gichin encounter?
2. What were the police afraid would happen with karate students?
3. Where did Gichin's wife live?
4. Who told the public bathhouse tale that Gichin repeated?
5. What was exercised in karate that could improve marital relations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Gichin ashamed of how he reacted to the thief?
2. How was karate-do a way of life?
3. How did karate stand out according to Gichin?
4. What was the public bathhouse tale told by Seiji?
5. Describe the altercation Gichin had with the thief in the rain.
6. What were some benefits for women from taking karate according to Gichin?
7. Why did Gichin's wife not live with him?
8. Why did Gichin name his dojo Shoto?
9. What did Gichin teach his students about karate that kept them from forming illegal gangs?
10. How did Gichin get started with his new school?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)