|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did children in the garden call Gichin for his smooth, ruddy-skinned complexion?
(a) Spy man.
(b) Dancing pole.
(c) Tan man.
(d) Snake gourd.
2. Who was the Russian war hero that supported Funakoshi?
(a) Admiral Rokuro Yashiro.
(b) Admiral Gichin Onishiki.
(c) Admiral Isamu Takeshita.
(d) Admiral Azato Meisei.
3. What was deadly serious where an opponent must always be in one's mind to survive and avoid failure?
4. What did Gichin like to do in the afternoon that he did as a child?
5. Where did Gichin postpone a visit to when Kano wanted a demonstration?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Gichin's favorite food?
2. Who was the naval man that became a student of Gichin?
3. How old was Gichin when he performed for the crown prince?
4. What religion did Gichin's wife follow?
5. Who was the Grand Champion that trained with Gichin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gichin teach his students about karate that kept them from forming illegal gangs?
2. How did the earthquake affect Gichin's trade?
3. What did Gichin learn from his students?
4. What did Gichin realize about his wife as she died?
5. Why did Gichin warn against arrogance in training?
6. Describe the book collaboration that Gichin had with the painter.
7. What was the true meaning of karate?
8. How did karate stand out according to Gichin?
9. How was karate-do a way of life?
10. How did Gichin plan to impress viewers at the demonstration in Tokyo?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)