|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gichin urged students to practice what in public and private daily life?
2. What was exercised in karate that could improve marital relations?
3. Where was Gichin's sick wife?
4. Despite fears of war, where did Japan remain peaceful?
(a) Shuri and Nua.
(b) Manchuria and Mongolia.
(c) Kyoto and Suri.
(d) Okinawa and Kyushu.
5. What Judo master asked Gichin to teach him some basic kata?
(a) Shinkin Gima.
(b) Meisei Juku.
(c) Master Azato.
(d) Jigoro Kano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gichin postpone a visit to when Kano wanted a demonstration?
2. What did the person Gichin met in Tokyo want from him?
3. Where did Gichin live with his oldest son in 1945?
4. Who told the public bathhouse tale that Gichin repeated?
5. What religion did Gichin's wife follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the book collaboration that Gichin had with the painter.
2. What did Gichin teach his students about karate that kept them from forming illegal gangs?
3. Why did Gichin's wife not live with him?
4. What were some benefits for women from taking karate according to Gichin?
5. How did Gichin explain that a karate blow can be fatal years later by comparing the body to boards?
6. Why was Gichin ashamed of how he reacted to the thief?
7. What did mastery of karate-do require according to Gichin?
8. How did Gichin approach karate training?
9. How did Gichin plan to impress viewers at the demonstration in Tokyo?
10. How was karate-do a way of life?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)