|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was old and bedridden that Gichin knew and was related to?
2. Why did Gichin violate the spirit of karate-do after his hand wrestling bouts?
(a) He was persistent.
(b) He was scared.
(c) He was unkind.
(d) He was over confident.
3. Where in Okinawa was Gichin born?
4. What did thieves take from Gichin's house?
(a) Karate clothes.
5. How long did the poisonous snakes in Okinawa grow?
(a) 8-9 feet.
(b) 4-5 feet.
(c) 6-7 feet.
(d) 10-12 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the body had to be cut off to join the medical practice in 19th century Japan?
2. After what birthday did Gichin see a hand wrestling bout?
3. Why did the policemen arrest Gichin?
4. Karate was linked to what religious tradition?
5. Within how many years did karate men from Okinawa introduce and teach the art?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the origins of karate.
2. Why did the children call Gichin "snake gourd?"
3. How did Gichin rescue the man running from the police initially?
4. Describe the habu mentioned in Training for Life.
5. Why did Gichin admire Azato and Itosu?
6. How did the makiwara and seiken work together?
7. Describe the book collaboration that Gichin had with the painter.
8. What did mastery of karate-do require according to Gichin?
9. What was the goal of karate?
10. How did Gichin practice the spirit of karate when thieves visited his home?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)