|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This book covers the period of the life of the author from 1868 to what?
2. What did Matsumura want the engraver shop owner to work on for him?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A letter.
(c) A gun.
(d) A pair of boots.
3. What did Gichin practice with Azato secretly?
(d) Kung fu.
4. What did karate forbid doing/having?
5. What did thieves take from Gichin's house?
(b) Karate clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gichin cut off that made his father angry?
2. A nukite describes penetrating what with five fingers to tear out bones?
3. Within how many years did karate men from Okinawa introduce and teach the art?
4. What was Gichin planning to use the items stolen from his house for?
5. Why did Gichin sway a lantern to and fro as he is walking on the road with his son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the habu mentioned in Training for Life.
2. What was the goal of karate?
3. Why did Gichin admire Sueyoshi?
4. How did Matsumura defeat the engraver?
5. Why did Gichin admire Azato and Itosu?
6. What was the premise and history of Karate-do: My Way of Life?
7. How did Gichin interpret what karate means?
8. How was Gichin described as a child?
9. How was Gichin described in the first section of the book?
10. What was the meaning of the syllables "te" and "kara" in karate?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)