|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Matsumura learn was the only obstacle to life?
2. This book covers the period of the life of the author from 1868 to what?
3. Okinawa had a poisonous snake named what?
4. At what age did Gichin become a teacher?
5. Why did the policemen arrest Gichin?
(a) They thought he has broken the karate-do law.
(b) They thought he is violent.
(c) They wanted his cakes.
(d) They thought he is the man from the cesspool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a small kingdom with no weapons that Napoleon commented on?
2. How old was the owner of the engraver shop that Matsumura visited?
3. Wutang was named after what mountains?
4. Itosu showed the meaning of karate by avoiding what with the untrained men?
5. Whose house did Gichin and his son go for karate practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the makiwara and seiken work together?
2. Why did Gichin warn against arrogance in training?
3. What did Matsumura and the engraver want from each other?
4. How did Gichin explain that a karate blow can be fatal years later by comparing the body to boards?
5. Why did Gichin's wife not live with him?
6. How did Gichin get started with his new school?
7. Describe what Gichin learned about hand wrestling and karate-do.
8. What was the premise and history of Karate-do: My Way of Life?
9. Describe tegumi as mentioned by Gichin.
10. Why was Gichin so healthy?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)