|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the poisonous snakes in Okinawa grow?
(a) 10-12 feet.
(b) 6-7 feet.
(c) 8-9 feet.
(d) 4-5 feet.
2. Where in Okinawa was Gichin born?
3. When did the Meiji Restoration begin?
4. Azato met the famous Okinawan swordsman called what?
5. Who said that karate was one of the most refined martial arts in Tokyo?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who praised Gichin for understanding the true spirit of karate?
2. Gichin received a promotion to principal of an outlying school but chose to do what?
3. In what social class was Gichin?
4. The people of what area trade with southern China where boxing was practiced?
5. What did Gichin cut off that made his father angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gichin move up in his teaching practice?
2. Describe the habu mentioned in Training for Life.
3. Why did Gichin admire Azato and Itosu?
4. Why was the publisher surprised when he saw Gichin?
5. How did Gichin get involved with Americans?
6. What had Gichin accomplished through his schools and training for the world?
7. How did Gichin plan to impress viewers at the demonstration in Tokyo?
8. Why was it hard to learn karate initially in 19th century Japan?
9. What was one reason that Gichin skipped medical school?
10. How did Gichin approach karate training?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)