|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is used in progressive training for nukite?
(a) Full casks of tea, sand, granite, and finally water pellets.
(b) Full casks of beans, sand, pebbles, and finally stone pellets.
(c) Full casks of tea, sand, granite, and finally lead pellets.
(d) Full casks of beans, sand, pebbles and finally lead pellets.
2. What did the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts advance?
(c) Tug of war.
3. Conflict developed between the coastal village of Motobe and the hamlet of what?
4. Where did the Meiji Restoration begin?
5. What were Okinawa's two schools of kata?
(a) Nawate and Shurite.
(b) Wutang and Shiri.
(c) Meiji and Azutu.
(d) Gichin and Azato.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matsumura entered a shop of an engraver located where?
2. Who was one of Gichin's trainers?
3. When Gichin participated in hand wrestling, how many bouts did he enter?
4. Gichin Funakoshi is a karate master and scholar of what kind of classics?
5. What were karate experts known for apparently according to the public?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the habu Gichin encountered understand the spirit of karate?
2. How did Gichin rescue the man running from the police initially?
3. How did Itosu teach his students the meaning of karate?
4. How did Matsumura defeat the engraver?
5. Describe the origins of karate.
6. What was the premise and history of Karate-do: My Way of Life?
7. How did Gichin interpret what karate means?
8. Why did Gichin stay in the Okinawa area of Shuri despite his promotion?
9. What did Matsumura and the engraver want from each other?
10. What did Matsumura learn about life after his experience at the engraver shop?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)