|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After what birthday did Gichin see a hand wrestling bout?
2. What did Gichin cut off that made his father angry?
3. Who was one of Gichin's trainers?
4. When Gichin participated in hand wrestling, how many bouts did he enter?
5. What party opposed the topknot rule?
(a) Matsumura Party.
(b) Obstinate Party.
(c) Toono Party.
(d) Meiji Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used in progressive training for nukite?
2. Within how many years did karate men from Okinawa introduce and teach the art?
3. What did thieves try to steal from Gichin?
4. Where did Gichin die?
5. Who did Gichin meet in school that was the son of a famous karate expert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Gichin admire Azato and Itosu?
2. How did Matsumura defeat the engraver?
3. How did Itosu teach his students the meaning of karate?
4. What was a myth about karate practitioners?
5. Why did Gichin admire Sueyoshi?
6. How was Gichin described as a child?
7. How did Gichin practice the spirit of karate when thieves visited his home?
8. How did Gichin interpret what karate means?
9. What did Matsumura learn about life after his experience at the engraver shop?
10. Describe what Gichin learned about hand wrestling and karate-do.
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)