|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What martial art's origin was unknown according to Gichin?
(d) Tug of war.
2. Gichin admired Azato and Itosu for their lack of what about other masters?
3. What did Gichin practice with Azato secretly?
(a) Kung fu.
4. In what social class was Gichin?
5. Gichin's school was visited by who?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who praised Gichin for understanding the true spirit of karate?
2. Who was old and bedridden that Gichin knew and was related to?
3. Who was one of Gichin's trainers?
4. Where did Gichin die?
5. Okinawa had a poisonous snake named what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gichin practice the spirit of karate when thieves visited his home?
2. How did Gichin interpret what karate means?
3. How did the habu Gichin encountered understand the spirit of karate?
4. Why did Gichin admire Sueyoshi?
5. Describe the habu mentioned in Training for Life.
6. Describe the origins of karate.
7. Why was it hard to learn karate initially in 19th century Japan?
8. What did Matsumura and the engraver want from each other?
9. What did Matsumura learn about life after his experience at the engraver shop?
10. How was Gichin described in the first section of the book?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)