|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Gichin's school, the commissioner watched what kind of demonstration?
(b) Tug of war.
2. Who were two admirals that supported martial arts in 1921?
(a) Yashiro and Dewa.
(b) Maitri and Ogawa.
(c) Ogawa and Shuri.
(d) Gichin and Maitri.
3. Why did Gichin sway a lantern to and fro as he is walking on the road with his son?
(a) To scare away the habu.
(b) To scare away vampires.
(c) To scare away ghosts.
(d) To scare away priests.
4. Karate became a part of what education in schools and colleges in Japan?
(a) Life sciences.
(b) Physical education.
(d) Military training.
5. The people of what area trade with southern China where boxing was practiced?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Gichin also train with in addition to Azato?
2. What is used in progressive training for nukite?
3. Who viewed a demonstration in 1921 in Shuri Castle?
4. Who was one of Gichin's trainers?
5. The island of Okinawa experienced what that regularly devastated it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gichin move up in his teaching practice?
2. How did the habu Gichin encountered understand the spirit of karate?
3. What was the goal of karate?
4. What was the meaning of the syllables "te" and "kara" in karate?
5. What did Matsumura learn about life after his experience at the engraver shop?
6. Describe the habu mentioned in Training for Life.
7. How was Gichin described as a child?
8. How was Gichin described in the first section of the book?
9. How did karate spread in Japan?
10. How was the son of Azato that Gichin met described in the first section of the book?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)