|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did karate forbid doing/having?
2. How did Matsumura repel the owner of the engraver shop?
(a) With a karate chop.
(b) With his eye.
(c) With a noose.
(d) With a gun.
3. When did the Meiji Restoration begin?
4. Gichin's school was visited by who?
5. Who were classified in four teaching groups as elementary classes, higher grades, special courses and assistants?
(a) Tertiary school instructors.
(b) Secondary school instructors.
(c) Quarterly school instructors.
(d) Primary school instructors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only student of Azato?
2. Where did the Meiji Restoration begin?
3. A serum was injected into a person as soon as possible after being bitten by Okinawa's poisonous snake to avoid what?
4. What did Matsumura learn was the only obstacle to life?
5. Who praised Gichin for understanding the true spirit of karate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gichin rescue the man running from the police initially?
2. How did Matsumura defeat the engraver?
3. Why was it hard to learn karate initially in 19th century Japan?
4. Describe the young confident man mentioned during the typhoon in Okinawa.
5. What was the premise and history of Karate-do: My Way of Life?
6. Why did Gichin admire Azato and Itosu?
7. How did the habu Gichin encountered understand the spirit of karate?
8. How were Gichin's karate teachers described in the first section of the book?
9. What did Matsumura learn about life after his experience at the engraver shop?
10. Why did Gichin stay in the Okinawa area of Shuri despite his promotion?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)