|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Gichin was walking past the top of what forest, did a man rush past him into a field of sugarcane?
2. Who were classified in four teaching groups as elementary classes, higher grades, special courses and assistants?
(a) Primary school instructors.
(b) Secondary school instructors.
(c) Quarterly school instructors.
(d) Tertiary school instructors.
3. At what age did Gichin become a teacher?
4. Gichin Funakoshi is a karate master and scholar of what kind of classics?
5. Who was the only student of Azato?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of eyes did Matsumura have?
2. Matsumura entered a shop of an engraver located where?
3. Who praised Gichin for understanding the true spirit of karate?
4. What did Gichin cut off that made his father angry?
5. What were karate experts known for apparently according to the public?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the kata called "nukite" that Gichin mentioned in the first section of the book.
2. What was one reason that Gichin skipped medical school?
3. How was Gichin described in the first section of the book?
4. How did Gichin interpret what karate means?
5. How did Gichin rescue the man running from the police initially?
6. Describe the origins of karate.
7. How did Itosu teach his students the meaning of karate?
8. Why did Gichin admire Azato and Itosu?
9. How was the son of Azato that Gichin met described in the first section of the book?
10. How did Matsumura defeat the engraver?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)