|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gichin practice a martial art with Azato secretly?
(a) Because he was underage.
(b) Because it was fun.
(c) Because he was a prisoner.
(d) Because it was illegal.
2. Who was the Jinriksha driver Gichin met?
3. Gichin believed what event influenced his life?
(a) Braid ban.
(b) Topknot ban.
(c) Nail ban.
(d) Mustache ban.
4. Why did the policemen arrest Gichin?
(a) They wanted his cakes.
(b) They thought he has broken the karate-do law.
(c) They thought he is the man from the cesspool.
(d) They thought he is violent.
5. What part of the body had to be cut off to join the medical practice in 19th century Japan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who started as an assistant but quickly moved to a higher grade instructor?
2. Why was Matsumura pale and dejected when he entered the engraver's shop?
3. Who was the only student of Azato?
4. After what birthday did Gichin see a hand wrestling bout?
5. What was Gichin planning to use the items stolen from his house for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Matsumura learn about life after his experience at the engraver shop?
2. Why did Gichin stay in the Okinawa area of Shuri despite his promotion?
3. What was one reason that Gichin skipped medical school?
4. How did karate spread in Japan?
5. What did Matsumura and the engraver want from each other?
6. How did Gichin move up in his teaching practice?
7. How did Gichin rescue the man running from the police initially?
8. How did Itosu teach his students the meaning of karate?
9. How did Gichin interpret what karate means?
10. What was a myth about karate practitioners?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)