|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gichin's school was visited by who?
2. What was Gichin planning to use the items stolen from his house for?
(a) To buy clothes.
(b) As a pet.
(c) An offering.
(d) To fight in.
3. Karate was linked to what religious tradition?
4. The goal of karate and all the martial arts was what?
5. How old was the owner of the engraver shop that Matsumura visited?
Short Answer Questions
1. At Gichin's school, the commissioner watched what kind of demonstration?
2. What did Gichin see floating in stinking muck in the sugarcane field?
3. Gichin Funakoshi is a karate master and scholar of what kind of classics?
4. Who was one of Gichin's trainers?
5. Okinawa had a poisonous snake named what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gichin rescue the man running from the police initially?
2. What did Matsumura and the engraver want from each other?
3. Describe the habu mentioned in Training for Life.
4. Describe the young confident man mentioned during the typhoon in Okinawa.
5. How did Gichin interpret what karate means?
6. What was the premise and history of Karate-do: My Way of Life?
7. Describe the kata called "nukite" that Gichin mentioned in the first section of the book.
8. How did Itosu teach his students the meaning of karate?
9. Why did Gichin stay in the Okinawa area of Shuri despite his promotion?
10. How was Gichin described as a child?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)