|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A serum was injected into a person as soon as possible after being bitten by Okinawa's poisonous snake to avoid what?
2. Who was one of Gichin's trainers?
3. When Gichin participated in hand wrestling, how many bouts did he enter?
4. What martial art's origin was unknown according to Gichin?
(c) Tug of war.
5. Who started as an assistant but quickly moved to a higher grade instructor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only student of Azato?
2. Gichin went with Master Itosu on what kind of viewing party?
3. What did karate forbid doing/having?
4. Karate was linked to what religious tradition?
5. What was Gichin planning to use the items stolen from his house for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the premise and history of Karate-do: My Way of Life?
2. Why did Gichin admire Sueyoshi?
3. What was the meaning of the syllables "te" and "kara" in karate?
4. What did Matsumura learn about life after his experience at the engraver shop?
5. How did Itosu teach his students the meaning of karate?
6. How was Gichin described in the first section of the book?
7. What was one reason that Gichin skipped medical school?
8. How did Gichin practice the spirit of karate when thieves visited his home?
9. How was the son of Azato that Gichin met described in the first section of the book?
10. How did Gichin move up in his teaching practice?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)