|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On their way back from the viewing party to what city/town did Gichin and Itosu's group find themselves under attack?
2. Gichin received a promotion to principal of an outlying school but chose to do what?
3. Gichin admired Azato and Itosu for their lack of what about other masters?
4. Whose house did Gichin and his son go for karate practice?
5. Why did Gichin sway a lantern to and fro as he is walking on the road with his son?
(a) To scare away ghosts.
(b) To scare away vampires.
(c) To scare away priests.
(d) To scare away the habu.
Short Answer Questions
1. After what birthday did Gichin see a hand wrestling bout?
2. Gichin believed what event influenced his life?
3. Who was the only student of Azato?
4. Who said that karate was one of the most refined martial arts in Tokyo?
5. What did Matsumura want the engraver shop owner to work on for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was a myth about karate practitioners?
2. Describe what Gichin learned about hand wrestling and karate-do.
3. How did Gichin practice the spirit of karate when thieves visited his home?
4. Describe the habu mentioned in Training for Life.
5. How was Gichin described as a child?
6. Describe the kata called "nukite" that Gichin mentioned in the first section of the book.
7. Describe the young confident man mentioned during the typhoon in Okinawa.
8. What did Matsumura and the engraver want from each other?
9. How was the son of Azato that Gichin met described in the first section of the book?
10. How were Gichin's karate teachers described in the first section of the book?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)