|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offered a karate group of faculty and students that Gichin visited regularly to give instruction?
(a) The university.
(b) The academy.
(c) The dojo.
(d) The ministry.
2. What did Gichin warn against becoming when learning kata?
3. Despite fears of war, where did Japan remain peaceful?
(a) Shuri and Nua.
(b) Kyoto and Suri.
(c) Okinawa and Kyushu.
(d) Manchuria and Mongolia.
4. Where was Gichin's sick wife?
5. Who when trained in karate might be more obedient?
6. Where did Gichin postpone a visit to when Kano wanted a demonstration?
7. Gichin took his wife's ashes by train to where?
8. What did the person Gichin met in Tokyo want from him?
(d) A cigarette.
9. What did Gichin like to do despite offers of assistance?
10. What is the Japanese word for knapsack?
11. Why was Gichin ashamed of himself after confronting the thief?
(a) Needing the help of the police.
(b) Giving up so quickly.
(c) Taking the offensive.
(d) Losing to a thief.
12. How old was Gichin when he performed for the crown prince?
(a) Over 70.
(b) Over 50.
(c) Under 40.
(d) Under 30.
13. Gichin was dismayed by popular press notions of what in karate?
(a) Northern vertigo.
(b) Superhuman feats of strength.
(d) Use of equipment.
14. Where did Gichin's wife live?
15. What was Gichin's favorite food?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the naval man that became a student of Gichin?
2. Where did Gichin live with his oldest son in 1945?
3. What did Gichin grab of the thief that made him yell?
4. Gichin claimed the mastery of Karate-do required being what?
5. Who encouraged Gichin to write a reference book on Karate-do?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)