|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gichin was asked to introduce karate to what Japanese capital?
2. What could trainees develop from karate?
(a) Real speed.
(b) Real muscles.
(c) Real courage.
(d) Real height.
3. Where was Gichin's sick wife?
4. Who told the public bathhouse tale that Gichin repeated?
5. What did popular wrestlers use that could kill a man instantly?
(b) Karate chop.
(c) Tug of war.
6. Where did Gichin live with his oldest son in 1945?
7. Gichin urged students to practice what in public and private daily life?
8. What did Gichin like to do despite offers of assistance?
9. Former students of Gichin who were unable to carry a rifle or sword were told to do what to the enemy during the war?
(a) Beat them.
(b) Run away from them.
(c) Karate charge.
(d) Scalpel them.
10. What was exercised in karate that could improve marital relations?
11. What is the Japanese word for knapsack?
12. Who began to join the karate dojo when Gichin was 80?
13. What did Gichin show containing photographs of karate stances, kata, and movements?
14. Karate was known in what Islands?
15. What did children in the garden call Gichin for his smooth, ruddy-skinned complexion?
(a) Dancing pole.
(b) Snake gourd.
(c) Tan man.
(d) Spy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gichin was dismayed by popular press notions of what in karate?
2. What was the Okinawan dormitory that Gichin stayed at?
3. Why was Gichin ashamed of himself after confronting the thief?
4. What offered a karate group of faculty and students that Gichin visited regularly to give instruction?
5. How many weapons did Gichin identify from the wrist down?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)