|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did an earthquake strike on September 1, 1923?
2. What made kata similar to dance?
3. Gichin was moved by His Majesty's memory of a demonstration that he did many years ago at what location?
(a) Kyushu Castle.
(b) Shuri Castle.
(c) Nua Castle.
(d) Funakoshi Castle.
4. Who was the naval man that became a student of Gichin?
5. From where did Gichin get students?
(a) Pawn and drug shops.
(b) Car repair stores.
(c) Military academies.
(d) Cafes and bookstores.
6. What did Gichin say that trainees used karate for?
(a) To calm the mind.
(b) To fight enemies.
(c) To see weakness.
(d) To build strength.
7. What was the Okinawan dormitory that Gichin stayed at?
(a) Shinkin Gima.
(b) Meisei Juku.
(c) Kano Rudo.
(d) Jigoro Kano.
8. Serious Karate-do pupils were _____________ to maintain interest and training over the long term.
(a) Speedy and critical.
(b) Considerate and purposeful.
(c) Energetic and lively.
(d) Feisty and vigorous.
9. What did karate training require as a student progressed levels?
(c) An opponent.
10. Where did Gichin's wife live?
11. What was deadly serious where an opponent must always be in one's mind to survive and avoid failure?
12. What religion did Gichin's wife follow?
(a) A Singer.
(b) A Priestess.
(c) A Writer.
(d) A Buddhist.
13. Who encouraged and warned Gichin of the difficulties of starting a school in Tokyo?
(a) Gima and Juku.
(b) Rudo and Kano.
(c) Kosugi and Kano.
(d) Azato and Itosu.
14. How many weapons did Gichin identify from the wrist down?
15. What did the painter do for Gichin's book?
(a) Pay for it.
(b) Screen it.
(c) Design it.
(d) Publish it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bowls of soup did Gichin have a day?
2. What did Gichin compare a man's body to?
3. The victim of a karate blow often died when?
4. Karate was known in what Islands?
5. Gichin urged karate students to train with the eyes of what?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)