|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gichin's wife live?
2. What painter sought instruction for his organization, the Tabata Poplar Club?
(a) Master Azato.
(b) Shinkin Gima.
(c) Hoan Kosugi.
(d) Jigoro Kano.
3. Who was the Russian war hero that supported Funakoshi?
(a) Admiral Azato Meisei.
(b) Admiral Gichin Onishiki.
(c) Admiral Isamu Takeshita.
(d) Admiral Rokuro Yashiro.
4. What earthquake struck on September 1, 1923?
(d) Grand Kanto.
5. What religion did Gichin's wife follow?
(a) A Singer.
(b) A Writer.
(c) A Priestess.
(d) A Buddhist.
6. The victim of a karate blow often died when?
(a) 3-5 years later.
(b) 6-7 years later.
(c) 5-10 years later.
(d) 1-2 years later.
7. In 1945, Gichin's dojo was destroyed by what?
(b) Air raid.
8. What is the Japanese word for knapsack?
9. Gichin claimed the mastery of Karate-do required being what?
(a) A willingness to give in to higher power.
(b) A desire for new experiences and people.
(c) A good and honest member of society.
(d) A strong heart and willpower.
10. Why was Gichin ashamed of himself after confronting the thief?
(a) Taking the offensive.
(b) Losing to a thief.
(c) Giving up so quickly.
(d) Needing the help of the police.
11. Gichin was on the faculty of a school near what?
12. What did Gichin sleep on?
(a) A big bed and box spring.
(b) A long table.
(c) A floating waterbed.
(d) A thin mat with a quilt.
13. Who encouraged Gichin to write a reference book on Karate-do?
14. What did the painter do for Gichin's book?
(a) Screen it.
(b) Design it.
(c) Pay for it.
(d) Publish it.
15. What were Gichin and his wife in Kyushu?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gichin eat his food in the summer?
2. What did popular wrestlers use that could kill a man instantly?
3. What was Gichin's wife sick from?
4. What did karate teach women?
5. What was the Okinawan dormitory that Gichin stayed at?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)