|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gichin was moved by His Majesty's memory of a demonstration that he did many years ago at what location?
(a) Shuri Castle.
(b) Funakoshi Castle.
(c) Nua Castle.
(d) Kyushu Castle.
2. How old was Gichin when he performed for the crown prince?
(a) Under 40.
(b) Over 70.
(c) Over 50.
(d) Under 30.
3. Why was Gichin ashamed of himself after confronting the thief?
(a) Losing to a thief.
(b) Needing the help of the police.
(c) Giving up so quickly.
(d) Taking the offensive.
4. Who was the naval man that became a student of Gichin?
5. Who was the Russian war hero that supported Funakoshi?
(a) Admiral Azato Meisei.
(b) Admiral Rokuro Yashiro.
(c) Admiral Gichin Onishiki.
(d) Admiral Isamu Takeshita.
6. What did Gichin like to do in the afternoon that he did as a child?
7. What did the person Gichin met in Tokyo want from him?
(a) A cigarette.
8. Karate was known in what Islands?
9. How many weapons did Gichin identify from the wrist down?
10. What painter sought instruction for his organization, the Tabata Poplar Club?
(a) Hoan Kosugi.
(b) Shinkin Gima.
(c) Master Azato.
(d) Jigoro Kano.
11. Who when trained in karate might be more obedient?
12. What did Gichin grab of the thief that made him yell?
13. Who began to join the karate dojo when Gichin was 80?
14. What religion did Gichin's wife follow?
(a) A Priestess.
(b) A Singer.
(c) A Buddhist.
(d) A Writer.
15. On the way to the last train to Tokyo after a party, who did Gichin encounter?
(a) A woman in red.
(b) A ghost in white.
(c) A man in black.
(d) A child in blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What earthquake struck on September 1, 1923?
2. What new role had the crown prince taken on as the war commenced?
3. What was deadly serious where an opponent must always be in one's mind to survive and avoid failure?
4. What did karate training require as a student progressed levels?
5. Where did Gichin live with his oldest son in 1945?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)