|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gichin urged students to practice what in public and private daily life?
2. In 1921, who held a demonstration of ancient Japanese martial arts?
(a) Ministry of Health.
(b) Ministry of Trade.
(c) Ministry of Education.
(d) Ministry of International Affairs.
3. What did Gichin compare a man's body to?
(a) A pulsing wave.
(b) A strong gale.
(c) A stack of boards.
(d) A temple.
4. Gichin was on the faculty of a school near what?
5. What was exercised in karate that could improve marital relations?
6. What did an opponent allow a karate student to do?
7. Gichin's book was published in what year?
8. Who was the Grand Champion that trained with Gichin?
9. Where did Gichin live with his oldest son in 1945?
10. What could trainees develop from karate?
(a) Real speed.
(b) Real courage.
(c) Real muscles.
(d) Real height.
11. Who encouraged Gichin to write a reference book on Karate-do?
12. Why was Gichin ashamed of himself after confronting the thief?
(a) Needing the help of the police.
(b) Losing to a thief.
(c) Taking the offensive.
(d) Giving up so quickly.
13. What did children in the garden call Gichin for his smooth, ruddy-skinned complexion?
(a) Tan man.
(b) Dancing pole.
(c) Spy man.
(d) Snake gourd.
14. The victim of a karate blow often died when?
(a) 6-7 years later.
(b) 1-2 years later.
(c) 3-5 years later.
(d) 5-10 years later.
15. What did Gichin like to do despite offers of assistance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did karate training require as a student progressed levels?
2. How many rules were essential to understanding Karate-do?
3. What did Gichin like to do in the afternoon that he did as a child?
4. Karate was known in what Islands?
5. What did popular wrestlers use that could kill a man instantly?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)