|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1945, Gichin's dojo was destroyed by what?
(a) Air raid.
2. Gichin was asked to introduce karate to what Japanese capital?
3. What did Gichin show containing photographs of karate stances, kata, and movements?
4. What did karate training require as a student progressed levels?
(b) An opponent.
5. What religion did Gichin's wife follow?
(a) A Buddhist.
(b) A Singer.
(c) A Writer.
(d) A Priestess.
6. Former students of Gichin who were unable to carry a rifle or sword were told to do what to the enemy during the war?
(a) Beat them.
(b) Karate charge.
(c) Run away from them.
(d) Scalpel them.
7. What new role had the crown prince taken on as the war commenced?
8. How old was Gichin when he performed for the crown prince?
(a) Under 40.
(b) Over 70.
(c) Over 50.
(d) Under 30.
9. What was Gichin's favorite food?
10. What did children in the garden call Gichin for his smooth, ruddy-skinned complexion?
(a) Dancing pole.
(b) Tan man.
(c) Snake gourd.
(d) Spy man.
11. What did Gichin like to do despite offers of assistance?
12. What did Gichin compare a man's body to?
(a) A pulsing wave.
(b) A stack of boards.
(c) A strong gale.
(d) A temple.
13. What did Gichin warn against becoming when learning kata?
14. What did karate teach women?
15. Where was Gichin's sick wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gichin was moved by His Majesty's memory of a demonstration that he did many years ago at what location?
2. Gichin urged students to practice what in public and private daily life?
3. Despite fears of war, where did Japan remain peaceful?
4. Who was a first-rate karateka?
5. What was exercised in karate that could improve marital relations?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)