|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Russian war hero that supported Funakoshi?
(a) Admiral Isamu Takeshita.
(b) Admiral Rokuro Yashiro.
(c) Admiral Gichin Onishiki.
(d) Admiral Azato Meisei.
2. What did the person Gichin met in Tokyo want from him?
(d) A cigarette.
3. Who was the Grand Champion that trained with Gichin?
4. What did the painter do for Gichin's book?
(a) Publish it.
(b) Design it.
(c) Pay for it.
(d) Screen it.
5. What offered a karate group of faculty and students that Gichin visited regularly to give instruction?
(a) The dojo.
(b) The academy.
(c) The university.
(d) The ministry.
6. What might contribute to the appearance and health of girls and young women?
(a) Jijutsu training.
(b) Karate training.
(c) Bosu training.
(d) Tug of war training.
7. What was Gichin's wife sick from?
(a) Gall bladder.
(b) Stomach infection.
(c) Heart disease.
(d) Chronic asthma.
8. What was exercised in karate that could improve marital relations?
9. The victim of a karate blow often died when?
(a) 5-10 years later.
(b) 6-7 years later.
(c) 1-2 years later.
(d) 3-5 years later.
10. Where did Gichin live with his oldest son in 1945?
11. What was Gichin's favorite food?
12. What did Gichin compare a man's body to?
(a) A pulsing wave.
(b) A stack of boards.
(c) A strong gale.
(d) A temple.
13. Where was Gichin's sick wife?
14. Serious Karate-do pupils were _____________ to maintain interest and training over the long term.
(a) Feisty and vigorous.
(b) Speedy and critical.
(c) Considerate and purposeful.
(d) Energetic and lively.
15. Gichin urged karate students to train with the eyes of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What earthquake struck on September 1, 1923?
2. What is the Japanese word for knapsack?
3. Former students of Gichin who were unable to carry a rifle or sword were told to do what to the enemy during the war?
4. What did popular wrestlers use that could kill a man instantly?
5. How did Gichin eat his food in the summer?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)