|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gichin urged karate students to train with the eyes of what?
2. What did popular wrestlers use that could kill a man instantly?
(a) Tug of war.
(b) Karate chop.
3. Karate was known in what Islands?
4. What did the painter do for Gichin's book?
(a) Screen it.
(b) Design it.
(c) Publish it.
(d) Pay for it.
5. What new role had the crown prince taken on as the war commenced?
6. Who was the Grand Champion that trained with Gichin?
7. Where did Gichin's wife live?
8. Former students of Gichin who were unable to carry a rifle or sword were told to do what to the enemy during the war?
(a) Run away from them.
(b) Karate charge.
(c) Beat them.
(d) Scalpel them.
9. What did Gichin grab of the thief that made him yell?
10. What did Gichin sleep on?
(a) A long table.
(b) A thin mat with a quilt.
(c) A floating waterbed.
(d) A big bed and box spring.
11. Where did Gichin live with his oldest son in 1945?
12. What did the person Gichin met in Tokyo want from him?
(c) A cigarette.
13. In 1921, who held a demonstration of ancient Japanese martial arts?
(a) Ministry of Education.
(b) Ministry of Health.
(c) Ministry of Trade.
(d) Ministry of International Affairs.
14. What painter sought instruction for his organization, the Tabata Poplar Club?
(a) Jigoro Kano.
(b) Hoan Kosugi.
(c) Shinkin Gima.
(d) Master Azato.
15. Who was the Russian war hero that supported Funakoshi?
(a) Admiral Gichin Onishiki.
(b) Admiral Azato Meisei.
(c) Admiral Rokuro Yashiro.
(d) Admiral Isamu Takeshita.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weapons did Gichin identify from the wrist down?
2. In 1945, Gichin's dojo was destroyed by what?
3. What was the Okinawan dormitory that Gichin stayed at?
4. Where was Gichin's sick wife?
5. What might contribute to the appearance and health of girls and young women?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)