|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Serious Karate-do pupils were _____________ to maintain interest and training over the long term.
(a) Speedy and critical.
(b) Feisty and vigorous.
(c) Considerate and purposeful.
(d) Energetic and lively.
2. Gichin took his wife's ashes by train to where?
3. How many weapons did Gichin identify from the wrist down?
4. Where did Gichin live with his oldest son in 1945?
5. In 1945, Gichin's dojo was destroyed by what?
(a) Air raid.
6. What religion did Gichin's wife follow?
(a) A Buddhist.
(b) A Singer.
(c) A Priestess.
(d) A Writer.
7. Who was a first-rate karateka?
(a) Meisei Juku.
(b) Gichin Funakoshi.
(c) Shinkin Gima.
(d) Master Azato.
8. Karate was known in what Islands?
9. What did the person Gichin met in Tokyo want from him?
(d) A cigarette.
10. What was the Okinawan dormitory that Gichin stayed at?
(a) Shinkin Gima.
(b) Kano Rudo.
(c) Meisei Juku.
(d) Jigoro Kano.
11. What did Gichin sleep on?
(a) A floating waterbed.
(b) A long table.
(c) A big bed and box spring.
(d) A thin mat with a quilt.
12. What offered a karate group of faculty and students that Gichin visited regularly to give instruction?
(a) The university.
(b) The ministry.
(c) The dojo.
(d) The academy.
13. Who began to join the karate dojo when Gichin was 80?
14. What did Gichin grab of the thief that made him yell?
15. What is the Japanese word for knapsack?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1921, who held a demonstration of ancient Japanese martial arts?
2. What did Gichin like to do despite offers of assistance?
3. Gichin was dismayed by popular press notions of what in karate?
4. Who encouraged and warned Gichin of the difficulties of starting a school in Tokyo?
5. How old was Gichin when he performed for the crown prince?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)