|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Russian war hero that supported Funakoshi?
(a) Admiral Azato Meisei.
(b) Admiral Isamu Takeshita.
(c) Admiral Gichin Onishiki.
(d) Admiral Rokuro Yashiro.
2. How did Gichin eat his food in the summer?
3. Gichin took his wife's ashes by train to where?
4. What did Gichin grab of the thief that made him yell?
5. What did Gichin like to do in the afternoon that he did as a child?
6. Where did Gichin postpone a visit to when Kano wanted a demonstration?
7. What was deadly serious where an opponent must always be in one's mind to survive and avoid failure?
8. What did the person Gichin met in Tokyo want from him?
(c) A cigarette.
9. The victim of a karate blow often died when?
(a) 5-10 years later.
(b) 3-5 years later.
(c) 1-2 years later.
(d) 6-7 years later.
10. How many rules were essential to understanding Karate-do?
11. Gichin's book was published in what year?
12. Former students of Gichin who were unable to carry a rifle or sword were told to do what to the enemy during the war?
(a) Scalpel them.
(b) Beat them.
(c) Karate charge.
(d) Run away from them.
13. Gichin claimed the mastery of Karate-do required being what?
(a) A good and honest member of society.
(b) A desire for new experiences and people.
(c) A strong heart and willpower.
(d) A willingness to give in to higher power.
14. Where did an earthquake strike on September 1, 1923?
15. Serious Karate-do pupils were _____________ to maintain interest and training over the long term.
(a) Energetic and lively.
(b) Considerate and purposeful.
(c) Speedy and critical.
(d) Feisty and vigorous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Judo master asked Gichin to teach him some basic kata?
2. What offered a karate group of faculty and students that Gichin visited regularly to give instruction?
3. How many bowls of soup did Gichin have a day?
4. What was Gichin's favorite food?
5. Who told the public bathhouse tale that Gichin repeated?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)