|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could trainees develop from karate?
(a) Real height.
(b) Real speed.
(c) Real courage.
(d) Real muscles.
2. Who told the public bathhouse tale that Gichin repeated?
3. Who was the naval man that became a student of Gichin?
4. What did children in the garden call Gichin for his smooth, ruddy-skinned complexion?
(a) Dancing pole.
(b) Tan man.
(c) Spy man.
(d) Snake gourd.
5. Mastery of one kata could take how long?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 1 year.
6. Former students of Gichin who were unable to carry a rifle or sword were told to do what to the enemy during the war?
(a) Run away from them.
(b) Beat them.
(c) Karate charge.
(d) Scalpel them.
7. What was Gichin's favorite food?
8. Despite fears of war, where did Japan remain peaceful?
(a) Kyoto and Suri.
(b) Manchuria and Mongolia.
(c) Shuri and Nua.
(d) Okinawa and Kyushu.
9. In 1945, Gichin's dojo was destroyed by what?
(a) Air raid.
10. What religion did Gichin's wife follow?
(a) A Buddhist.
(b) A Priestess.
(c) A Writer.
(d) A Singer.
11. What was exercised in karate that could improve marital relations?
12. Where did an earthquake strike on September 1, 1923?
13. From where did Gichin get students?
(a) Cafes and bookstores.
(b) Car repair stores.
(c) Pawn and drug shops.
(d) Military academies.
14. What earthquake struck on September 1, 1923?
(b) Grand Kanto.
15. What new role had the crown prince taken on as the war commenced?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Gichin when he performed for the crown prince?
2. What did the person Gichin met in Tokyo want from him?
3. What did Gichin warn against becoming when learning kata?
4. How did Gichin eat his food in the summer?
5. Why was Gichin ashamed of himself after confronting the thief?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)