|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told the public bathhouse tale that Gichin repeated?
2. What did Gichin show containing photographs of karate stances, kata, and movements?
3. What earthquake struck on September 1, 1923?
(d) Grand Kanto.
4. What made kata similar to dance?
5. Who was the Grand Champion that trained with Gichin?
6. Where did Gichin postpone a visit to when Kano wanted a demonstration?
7. Gichin claimed the mastery of Karate-do required being what?
(a) A willingness to give in to higher power.
(b) A good and honest member of society.
(c) A desire for new experiences and people.
(d) A strong heart and willpower.
8. Where did Gichin live with his oldest son in 1945?
9. Where did an earthquake strike on September 1, 1923?
10. What did an opponent allow a karate student to do?
11. Gichin's book was published in what year?
12. How old was Gichin when he performed for the crown prince?
(a) Under 40.
(b) Over 70.
(c) Under 30.
(d) Over 50.
13. What did Gichin sleep on?
(a) A big bed and box spring.
(b) A floating waterbed.
(c) A long table.
(d) A thin mat with a quilt.
14. Who began to join the karate dojo when Gichin was 80?
15. What did Gichin like to do despite offers of assistance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Former students of Gichin who were unable to carry a rifle or sword were told to do what to the enemy during the war?
2. What did karate training require as a student progressed levels?
3. What was Gichin's favorite food?
4. Gichin was dismayed by popular press notions of what in karate?
5. Who encouraged and warned Gichin of the difficulties of starting a school in Tokyo?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)