|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karate was known in what Islands?
2. What might contribute to the appearance and health of girls and young women?
(a) Karate training.
(b) Tug of war training.
(c) Jijutsu training.
(d) Bosu training.
3. What did Gichin show containing photographs of karate stances, kata, and movements?
4. Serious Karate-do pupils were _____________ to maintain interest and training over the long term.
(a) Speedy and critical.
(b) Energetic and lively.
(c) Feisty and vigorous.
(d) Considerate and purposeful.
5. What were Gichin and his wife in Kyushu?
6. Why was Gichin ashamed of himself after confronting the thief?
(a) Giving up so quickly.
(b) Taking the offensive.
(c) Needing the help of the police.
(d) Losing to a thief.
7. Where did Gichin postpone a visit to when Kano wanted a demonstration?
8. What did the person Gichin met in Tokyo want from him?
(c) A cigarette.
9. Who was the Grand Champion that trained with Gichin?
10. In 1945, Gichin's dojo was destroyed by what?
(b) Air raid.
11. Gichin urged students to practice what in public and private daily life?
12. Former students of Gichin who were unable to carry a rifle or sword were told to do what to the enemy during the war?
(a) Scalpel them.
(b) Beat them.
(c) Run away from them.
(d) Karate charge.
13. How old was Gichin when he performed for the crown prince?
(a) Over 50.
(b) Under 30.
(c) Over 70.
(d) Under 40.
14. Who encouraged and warned Gichin of the difficulties of starting a school in Tokyo?
(a) Gima and Juku.
(b) Azato and Itosu.
(c) Kosugi and Kano.
(d) Rudo and Kano.
15. Who was the naval man that became a student of Gichin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gichin say that trainees used karate for?
2. What did popular wrestlers use that could kill a man instantly?
3. What did Gichin grab of the thief that made him yell?
4. How many weapons did Gichin identify from the wrist down?
5. What is the Japanese word for knapsack?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)