|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Gichin's wife sick from?
(a) Stomach infection.
(b) Heart disease.
(c) Chronic asthma.
(d) Gall bladder.
2. What might contribute to the appearance and health of girls and young women?
(a) Bosu training.
(b) Tug of war training.
(c) Karate training.
(d) Jijutsu training.
3. From where did Gichin get students?
(a) Pawn and drug shops.
(b) Car repair stores.
(c) Cafes and bookstores.
(d) Military academies.
4. How many bowls of soup did Gichin have a day?
5. Where was Gichin's sick wife?
6. What did Gichin grab of the thief that made him yell?
7. What did Gichin compare a man's body to?
(a) A temple.
(b) A strong gale.
(c) A stack of boards.
(d) A pulsing wave.
8. What religion did Gichin's wife follow?
(a) A Priestess.
(b) A Buddhist.
(c) A Writer.
(d) A Singer.
9. What did karate teach women?
10. How many weapons did Gichin identify from the wrist down?
11. The victim of a karate blow often died when?
(a) 1-2 years later.
(b) 3-5 years later.
(c) 6-7 years later.
(d) 5-10 years later.
12. What did the person Gichin met in Tokyo want from him?
(d) A cigarette.
13. What could trainees develop from karate?
(a) Real muscles.
(b) Real courage.
(c) Real height.
(d) Real speed.
14. Who was the Russian war hero that supported Funakoshi?
(a) Admiral Rokuro Yashiro.
(b) Admiral Azato Meisei.
(c) Admiral Gichin Onishiki.
(d) Admiral Isamu Takeshita.
15. What painter sought instruction for his organization, the Tabata Poplar Club?
(a) Jigoro Kano.
(b) Master Azato.
(c) Hoan Kosugi.
(d) Shinkin Gima.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the police afraid would happen with karate students?
2. What did Gichin like to do despite offers of assistance?
3. Former students of Gichin who were unable to carry a rifle or sword were told to do what to the enemy during the war?
4. What were Gichin and his wife in Kyushu?
5. What is the Japanese word for knapsack?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)