|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The people of what area trade with southern China where boxing was practiced?
2. Who did Gichin meet in school that was the son of a famous karate expert?
(a) Koshiro Suzuki.
(b) Yasutsune Azato.
(c) Shizoku Yamagachi.
(d) Kata Funakoshi.
3. Within how many years did karate men from Okinawa introduce and teach the art?
4. What were warrior's hands called?
(a) Yoshi te.
(b) Bushi no te.
(c) La la te.
(d) Ma te.
5. How old was Gichin when he died?
6. What happened to Gichin after his hand wrestling bouts?
(a) Men attack him.
(b) He receives a medal.
(c) He celebrates.
(d) He cries.
7. What did thieves take from Gichin's house?
(d) Karate clothes.
8. Why did the policemen arrest Gichin?
(a) They thought he has broken the karate-do law.
(b) They wanted his cakes.
(c) They thought he is the man from the cesspool.
(d) They thought he is violent.
9. When Gichin participated in hand wrestling, how many bouts did he enter?
10. What were karate experts known for apparently according to the public?
(b) Big egos.
(c) Long hair.
(d) Strong grip.
11. What did Gichin practice with Azato secretly?
(c) Kung fu.
12. In what social class was Gichin?
13. What did boxing evolve into in China?
(b) Tug of war.
14. What kind of eyes did Matsumura have?
15. Who was one of Gichin's trainers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was old and bedridden that Gichin knew and was related to?
2. As children, where did most Japanese students train to learn martial arts?
3. Where in Okinawa was Gichin born?
4. Azato met the famous Okinawan swordsman called what?
5. Gichin Funakoshi is a karate master and scholar of what kind of classics?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)