|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is used in progressive training for nukite?
(a) Full casks of beans, sand, pebbles, and finally stone pellets.
(b) Full casks of beans, sand, pebbles and finally lead pellets.
(c) Full casks of tea, sand, granite, and finally lead pellets.
(d) Full casks of tea, sand, granite, and finally water pellets.
2. What did karate forbid doing/having?
3. Where in Okinawa was Gichin born?
4. Who did Gichin meet in school that was the son of a famous karate expert?
(a) Shizoku Yamagachi.
(b) Koshiro Suzuki.
(c) Yasutsune Azato.
(d) Kata Funakoshi.
5. Who was the Jinriksha driver Gichin met?
6. What were warrior's hands called?
(a) Yoshi te.
(b) La la te.
(c) Ma te.
(d) Bushi no te.
7. Azato met the famous Okinawan swordsman called what?
8. Who started the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts?
9. Gichin admired Azato and Itosu for their lack of what about other masters?
10. Conflict developed between the coastal village of Motobe and the hamlet of what?
11. As children, where did most Japanese students train to learn martial arts?
(a) Ballet class.
(c) Tea garden.
(d) Training ring.
12. What did Matsumura want the engraver shop owner to work on for him?
(a) A letter.
(b) A pair of boots.
(c) A gun.
(d) A pipe.
13. When did the Meiji Restoration begin?
14. What kind of eyes did Matsumura have?
15. The goal of karate and all the martial arts was what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gichin violate the spirit of karate-do after his hand wrestling bouts?
2. Who was old and bedridden that Gichin knew and was related to?
3. Gichin's school was visited by who?
4. In what district was Shuri located?
5. What did boxing evolve into in China?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)