|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gichin participated in hand wrestling, how many bouts did he enter?
2. What was a small kingdom with no weapons that Napoleon commented on?
(a) China Islands.
(b) Kata Islands.
(c) Ryukyu Islands.
(d) Hawaii Islands.
3. Gichin went with Master Itosu on what kind of viewing party?
4. Gichin's school was visited by who?
5. A nukite describes penetrating what with five fingers to tear out bones?
(a) Rib cage.
6. What were karate experts known for apparently according to the public?
(a) Long hair.
(b) Big egos.
(c) Strong grip.
7. How did Matsumura repel the owner of the engraver shop?
(a) With a karate chop.
(b) With a gun.
(c) With a noose.
(d) With his eye.
8. Gichin admired Azato and Itosu for their lack of what about other masters?
9. Why did Gichin practice a martial art with Azato secretly?
(a) Because he was a prisoner.
(b) Because it was fun.
(c) Because it was illegal.
(d) Because he was underage.
10. Where did Gichin die?
11. What did Gichin cut off that made his father angry?
12. At Gichin's school, the commissioner watched what kind of demonstration?
(c) Tug of war.
13. Gichin believed what event influenced his life?
(a) Nail ban.
(b) Braid ban.
(c) Mustache ban.
(d) Topknot ban.
14. Who said that karate was one of the most refined martial arts in Tokyo?
15. Who praised Gichin for understanding the true spirit of karate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gichin violate the spirit of karate-do after his hand wrestling bouts?
2. Who did Gichin meet in school that was the son of a famous karate expert?
3. Who was the Jinriksha driver Gichin met?
4. The people of what area trade with southern China where boxing was practiced?
5. What did the owner of the engraver shop ask Matsumura for?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)