|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were karate experts known for apparently according to the public?
(b) Long hair.
(c) Strong grip.
(d) Big egos.
2. Who was the Jinriksha driver Gichin met?
3. A nukite describes penetrating what with five fingers to tear out bones?
(a) Rib cage.
4. Okinawa had a poisonous snake named what?
5. At Gichin's school, the commissioner watched what kind of demonstration?
(b) Tug of war.
6. Who was the only student of Azato?
7. Whose house did Gichin and his son go for karate practice?
8. What martial art's origin was unknown according to Gichin?
(a) Tug of war.
9. Who started as an assistant but quickly moved to a higher grade instructor?
10. Why did Gichin practice a martial art with Azato secretly?
(a) Because he was a prisoner.
(b) Because it was fun.
(c) Because he was underage.
(d) Because it was illegal.
11. What did boxing evolve into in China?
(c) Tug of war.
12. On their way back from the viewing party to what city/town did Gichin and Itosu's group find themselves under attack?
13. In what social class was Gichin?
14. Who were classified in four teaching groups as elementary classes, higher grades, special courses and assistants?
(a) Quarterly school instructors.
(b) Tertiary school instructors.
(c) Primary school instructors.
(d) Secondary school instructors.
15. As Gichin was walking past the top of what forest, did a man rush past him into a field of sugarcane?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts advance?
2. Where in Okinawa was Gichin born?
3. Who was one of Gichin's trainers?
4. Wutang was named after what mountains?
5. Azato met the famous Okinawan swordsman called what?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)