|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what social class was Gichin?
2. Gichin received a promotion to principal of an outlying school but chose to do what?
3. What did boxing evolve into in China?
(d) Tug of war.
4. What was Gichin planning to use the items stolen from his house for?
(a) To buy clothes.
(b) As a pet.
(c) To fight in.
(d) An offering.
5. Where in Okinawa was Gichin born?
6. What were Okinawa's two schools of kata?
(a) Nawate and Shurite.
(b) Gichin and Azato.
(c) Meiji and Azutu.
(d) Wutang and Shiri.
7. Who started the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts?
8. Conflict developed between the coastal village of Motobe and the hamlet of what?
9. What party opposed the topknot rule?
(a) Matsumura Party.
(b) Meiji Party.
(c) Obstinate Party.
(d) Toono Party.
10. Gichin Funakoshi is a karate master and scholar of what kind of classics?
11. Who said that karate was one of the most refined martial arts in Tokyo?
12. Where did Gichin die?
13. How old was the owner of the engraver shop that Matsumura visited?
14. Why did the policemen arrest Gichin?
(a) They wanted his cakes.
(b) They thought he is the man from the cesspool.
(c) They thought he is violent.
(d) They thought he has broken the karate-do law.
15. On their way back from the viewing party to what city/town did Gichin and Itosu's group find themselves under attack?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did thieves try to steal from Gichin?
2. Who was the only student of Azato?
3. What martial art's origin was unknown according to Gichin?
4. What did Matsumura want the engraver shop owner to work on for him?
5. What were karate experts known for apparently according to the public?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)