|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were classified in four teaching groups as elementary classes, higher grades, special courses and assistants?
(a) Quarterly school instructors.
(b) Secondary school instructors.
(c) Tertiary school instructors.
(d) Primary school instructors.
2. Why did Gichin practice a martial art with Azato secretly?
(a) Because it was fun.
(b) Because it was illegal.
(c) Because he was underage.
(d) Because he was a prisoner.
3. Gichin believed what event influenced his life?
(a) Mustache ban.
(b) Topknot ban.
(c) Braid ban.
(d) Nail ban.
4. What did Gichin cut off that made his father angry?
5. In Karate-do, a man could win by doing what?
6. This book covers the period of the life of the author from 1868 to what?
7. Itosu showed the meaning of karate by avoiding what with the untrained men?
8. Gichin felt what about hand wrestling?
9. Who was the Jinriksha driver Gichin met?
10. Who praised Gichin for understanding the true spirit of karate?
11. What kind of eyes did Matsumura have?
12. In what social class was Gichin?
13. The people of what area trade with southern China where boxing was practiced?
14. What did Gichin see floating in stinking muck in the sugarcane field?
(a) A head.
(b) A book.
(c) A flower.
(d) A cat.
15. As Gichin was walking past the top of what forest, did a man rush past him into a field of sugarcane?
Short Answer Questions
1. After what birthday did Gichin see a hand wrestling bout?
2. What part of the body had to be cut off to join the medical practice in 19th century Japan?
3. Who started the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts?
4. The goal of karate and all the martial arts was what?
5. A serum was injected into a person as soon as possible after being bitten by Okinawa's poisonous snake to avoid what?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)