|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gichin die?
2. What was a small kingdom with no weapons that Napoleon commented on?
(a) Hawaii Islands.
(b) Kata Islands.
(c) Ryukyu Islands.
(d) China Islands.
3. Conflict developed between the coastal village of Motobe and the hamlet of what?
4. Where in Okinawa was Gichin born?
5. Itosu showed the meaning of karate by avoiding what with the untrained men?
6. Gichin went with Master Itosu on what kind of viewing party?
7. Gichin believed what event influenced his life?
(a) Nail ban.
(b) Braid ban.
(c) Topknot ban.
(d) Mustache ban.
8. What did Gichin cut off that made his father angry?
9. In what district was Shuri located?
10. Gichin felt what about hand wrestling?
11. Who did Gichin also train with in addition to Azato?
12. Who was the Jinriksha driver Gichin met?
13. After what birthday did Gichin see a hand wrestling bout?
14. Azato met the famous Okinawan swordsman called what?
15. A nukite describes penetrating what with five fingers to tear out bones?
(c) Rib cage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of eyes did Matsumura have?
2. The goal of karate and all the martial arts was what?
3. Wutang was named after what mountains?
4. Who said that karate was one of the most refined martial arts in Tokyo?
5. Who did Gichin meet in school that was the son of a famous karate expert?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)