|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did boxing evolve into in China?
(b) Tug of war.
2. What did Gichin practice with Azato secretly?
(d) Kung fu.
3. Gichin went with Master Itosu on what kind of viewing party?
4. Who was old and bedridden that Gichin knew and was related to?
5. Where did the Meiji Restoration begin?
6. Gichin believed what event influenced his life?
(a) Topknot ban.
(b) Braid ban.
(c) Mustache ban.
(d) Nail ban.
7. What were warrior's hands called?
(a) La la te.
(b) Bushi no te.
(c) Yoshi te.
(d) Ma te.
8. Who praised Gichin for understanding the true spirit of karate?
9. As children, where did most Japanese students train to learn martial arts?
(a) Ballet class.
(b) Tea garden.
(c) Training ring.
10. What was Gichin planning to use the items stolen from his house for?
(a) An offering.
(b) As a pet.
(c) To fight in.
(d) To buy clothes.
11. What part of the body had to be cut off to join the medical practice in 19th century Japan?
12. Who were two admirals that supported martial arts in 1921?
(a) Gichin and Maitri.
(b) Ogawa and Shuri.
(c) Maitri and Ogawa.
(d) Yashiro and Dewa.
13. Who was the only student of Azato?
14. Gichin received a promotion to principal of an outlying school but chose to do what?
15. Who viewed a demonstration in 1921 in Shuri Castle?
(c) Crown prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house did Gichin and his son go for karate practice?
2. What did the owner of the engraver shop ask Matsumura for?
3. What did the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts advance?
4. What did karate forbid doing/having?
5. How old was Gichin when he died?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)