|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gichin practice a martial art with Azato secretly?
(a) Because he was a prisoner.
(b) Because it was illegal.
(c) Because it was fun.
(d) Because he was underage.
2. In what social class was Gichin?
3. Who was the only student of Azato?
4. What martial art's origin was unknown according to Gichin?
(b) Tug of war.
5. Who started the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts?
6. How did Matsumura repel the owner of the engraver shop?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With his eye.
(c) With a noose.
(d) With a karate chop.
7. How old was the owner of the engraver shop that Matsumura visited?
8. What did the owner of the engraver shop ask Matsumura for?
(a) A gun.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A match.
(d) A lighter.
9. Nukite is a kind of what?
10. Azato met the famous Okinawan swordsman called what?
11. Gichin went with Master Itosu on what kind of viewing party?
12. Why did Gichin sway a lantern to and fro as he is walking on the road with his son?
(a) To scare away ghosts.
(b) To scare away the habu.
(c) To scare away priests.
(d) To scare away vampires.
13. Gichin's school was visited by who?
14. Itosu showed the meaning of karate by avoiding what with the untrained men?
15. What did thieves try to steal from Gichin?
(b) Money and tobacco.
(c) Tea and food.
(d) Karate clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matsumura entered a shop of an engraver located where?
2. Where did Gichin die?
3. Conflict developed between the coastal village of Motobe and the hamlet of what?
4. Gichin received a promotion to principal of an outlying school but chose to do what?
5. The island of Okinawa experienced what that regularly devastated it?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)