|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gichin see floating in stinking muck in the sugarcane field?
(a) A cat.
(b) A flower.
(c) A head.
(d) A book.
2. The people of what area trade with southern China where boxing was practiced?
3. What did thieves try to steal from Gichin?
(a) Karate clothes.
(c) Tea and food.
(d) Money and tobacco.
4. What did karate forbid doing/having?
5. When did the Meiji Restoration begin?
6. When Gichin participated in hand wrestling, how many bouts did he enter?
7. What did the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts advance?
(d) Tug of war.
8. Who were two admirals that supported martial arts in 1921?
(a) Maitri and Ogawa.
(b) Yashiro and Dewa.
(c) Gichin and Maitri.
(d) Ogawa and Shuri.
9. Where did Gichin die?
10. Wutang was named after what mountains?
11. Gichin's school was visited by who?
12. How old was Gichin when he died?
13. Who started the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts?
14. Who started as an assistant but quickly moved to a higher grade instructor?
15. Okinawa had a poisonous snake named what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Matsumura entered a shop of an engraver located where?
2. What is used in progressive training for nukite?
3. Who praised Gichin for understanding the true spirit of karate?
4. How old was the owner of the engraver shop that Matsumura visited?
5. Who did Gichin also train with in addition to Azato?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)