|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts advance?
(b) Tug of war.
2. Gichin felt what about hand wrestling?
3. Within how many years did karate men from Okinawa introduce and teach the art?
4. What martial art's origin was unknown according to Gichin?
(b) Tug of war.
5. What kind of eyes did Matsumura have?
6. As Gichin was walking past the top of what forest, did a man rush past him into a field of sugarcane?
7. Who viewed a demonstration in 1921 in Shuri Castle?
(d) Crown prince.
8. When in 19th century Japan did an applicant to medical school have to be born to be eligible?
9. Karate was linked to what religious tradition?
10. What were warrior's hands called?
(a) La la te.
(b) Bushi no te.
(c) Yoshi te.
(d) Ma te.
11. Okinawa had a poisonous snake named what?
12. Gichin went with Master Itosu on what kind of viewing party?
13. What part of the body had to be cut off to join the medical practice in 19th century Japan?
14. What did boxing evolve into in China?
(a) Tug of war.
15. Gichin Funakoshi is a karate master and scholar of what kind of classics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did thieves try to steal from Gichin?
2. Who did Gichin also train with in addition to Azato?
3. The people of what area trade with southern China where boxing was practiced?
4. Where in Okinawa was Gichin born?
5. Where did Gichin die?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)