|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Matsumura repel the owner of the engraver shop?
(a) With a karate chop.
(b) With a noose.
(c) With his eye.
(d) With a gun.
2. Gichin went with Master Itosu on what kind of viewing party?
3. What happened to Gichin after his hand wrestling bouts?
(a) He receives a medal.
(b) Men attack him.
(c) He celebrates.
(d) He cries.
4. Who said that karate was one of the most refined martial arts in Tokyo?
5. Gichin's school was visited by who?
6. What part of the body had to be cut off to join the medical practice in 19th century Japan?
7. Who started the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts?
8. Where did Gichin die?
9. What martial art's origin was unknown according to Gichin?
(a) Tug of war.
10. How long did the poisonous snakes in Okinawa grow?
(a) 6-7 feet.
(b) 10-12 feet.
(c) 8-9 feet.
(d) 4-5 feet.
11. In what district was Shuri located?
12. Karate became a part of what education in schools and colleges in Japan?
(b) Military training.
(c) Life sciences.
(d) Physical education.
13. Where did the Meiji Restoration begin?
14. Karate was linked to what religious tradition?
15. Who was old and bedridden that Gichin knew and was related to?
Short Answer Questions
1. At Gichin's school, the commissioner watched what kind of demonstration?
2. Who did Gichin meet in school that was the son of a famous karate expert?
3. Who praised Gichin for understanding the true spirit of karate?
4. What did Gichin practice with Azato secretly?
5. How old was Gichin when he died?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)