|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who started the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts?
2. What were karate experts known for apparently according to the public?
(b) Long hair.
(c) Big egos.
(d) Strong grip.
3. This book covers the period of the life of the author from 1868 to what?
4. Conflict developed between the coastal village of Motobe and the hamlet of what?
5. Gichin Funakoshi is a karate master and scholar of what kind of classics?
6. What did karate forbid doing/having?
7. Matsumura entered a shop of an engraver located where?
8. Who was one of Gichin's trainers?
9. What kind of eyes did Matsumura have?
10. The people of what area trade with southern China where boxing was practiced?
11. How long did the poisonous snakes in Okinawa grow?
(a) 6-7 feet.
(b) 8-9 feet.
(c) 4-5 feet.
(d) 10-12 feet.
12. What did Gichin have to learn because of his social class?
(a) Four Chinese Classics and Five Chinese Classics of Confucian tradition.
(b) Four Chinese Classics and Seven Chinese Classics of Confucian tradition.
(c) Eight Chinese Classics and Five Chinese Classics of Confucian tradition.
(d) Eight Chinese Classics and Five Chinese Classics of Confucian tradition.
13. Whose house did Gichin and his son go for karate practice?
14. A nukite describes penetrating what with five fingers to tear out bones?
(a) Rib cage.
15. Who did Gichin also train with in addition to Azato?
Short Answer Questions
1. Itosu showed the meaning of karate by avoiding what with the untrained men?
2. Why did Gichin practice a martial art with Azato secretly?
3. Karate was linked to what religious tradition?
4. Who were two admirals that supported martial arts in 1921?
5. What happened to Gichin after his hand wrestling bouts?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)