Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was one of Gichin's trainers?
2. At what age did Gichin become a teacher?
3. In Karate-do, a man could win by doing what?
4. Why did the policemen arrest Gichin?
(a) They thought he is the man from the cesspool.
(b) They wanted his cakes.
(c) They thought he is violent.
(d) They thought he has broken the karate-do law.
5. Okinawa had a poisonous snake named what?
6. Karate was linked to what religious tradition?
7. The goal of karate and all the martial arts was what?
8. How did Matsumura repel the owner of the engraver shop?
(a) With his eye.
(b) With a noose.
(c) With a gun.
(d) With a karate chop.
9. In what social class was Gichin?
10. The people of what area trade with southern China where boxing was practiced?
11. Who started the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts?
12. Where did the Meiji Restoration begin?
13. Itosu showed the meaning of karate by avoiding what with the untrained men?
14. What did thieves take from Gichin's house?
(a) Karate clothes.
15. When in 19th century Japan did an applicant to medical school have to be born to be eligible?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nukite is a kind of what?
2. Why did Gichin sway a lantern to and fro as he is walking on the road with his son?
3. What martial art's origin was unknown according to Gichin?
4. A serum was injected into a person as soon as possible after being bitten by Okinawa's poisonous snake to avoid what?
5. Who were classified in four teaching groups as elementary classes, higher grades, special courses and assistants?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)