|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gichin die?
2. Gichin admired Azato and Itosu for their lack of what about other masters?
3. Why did Gichin sway a lantern to and fro as he is walking on the road with his son?
(a) To scare away the habu.
(b) To scare away vampires.
(c) To scare away ghosts.
(d) To scare away priests.
4. How old was Gichin when he died?
5. Gichin believed what event influenced his life?
(a) Topknot ban.
(b) Braid ban.
(c) Nail ban.
(d) Mustache ban.
6. What did Gichin see floating in stinking muck in the sugarcane field?
(a) A flower.
(b) A cat.
(c) A book.
(d) A head.
7. Where in Okinawa was Gichin born?
8. The goal of karate and all the martial arts was what?
9. Conflict developed between the coastal village of Motobe and the hamlet of what?
10. What did thieves try to steal from Gichin?
(b) Tea and food.
(c) Karate clothes.
(d) Money and tobacco.
11. The island of Okinawa experienced what that regularly devastated it?
(c) Volcanic eruptions.
(d) Hail storms.
12. What did thieves take from Gichin's house?
(a) Karate clothes.
13. Who was the only student of Azato?
14. Where did the Meiji Restoration begin?
15. Within how many years did karate men from Okinawa introduce and teach the art?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who started as an assistant but quickly moved to a higher grade instructor?
2. Gichin's school was visited by who?
3. What were karate experts known for apparently according to the public?
4. Who were two admirals that supported martial arts in 1921?
5. How old was the owner of the engraver shop that Matsumura visited?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)