|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who viewed a demonstration in 1921 in Shuri Castle?
(d) Crown prince.
2. When Gichin participated in hand wrestling, how many bouts did he enter?
3. As Gichin was walking past the top of what forest, did a man rush past him into a field of sugarcane?
4. Azato met the famous Okinawan swordsman called what?
5. What was a small kingdom with no weapons that Napoleon commented on?
(a) Kata Islands.
(b) Ryukyu Islands.
(c) China Islands.
(d) Hawaii Islands.
6. What did Gichin have to learn because of his social class?
(a) Eight Chinese Classics and Five Chinese Classics of Confucian tradition.
(b) Four Chinese Classics and Seven Chinese Classics of Confucian tradition.
(c) Four Chinese Classics and Five Chinese Classics of Confucian tradition.
(d) Eight Chinese Classics and Five Chinese Classics of Confucian tradition.
7. Wutang was named after what mountains?
8. Who were two admirals that supported martial arts in 1921?
(a) Maitri and Ogawa.
(b) Yashiro and Dewa.
(c) Gichin and Maitri.
(d) Ogawa and Shuri.
9. Who was the only student of Azato?
10. A serum was injected into a person as soon as possible after being bitten by Okinawa's poisonous snake to avoid what?
11. Whose house did Gichin and his son go for karate practice?
12. What was Gichin planning to use the items stolen from his house for?
(a) To buy clothes.
(b) An offering.
(c) To fight in.
(d) As a pet.
13. Gichin admired Azato and Itosu for their lack of what about other masters?
14. What did thieves try to steal from Gichin?
(a) Money and tobacco.
(c) Tea and food.
(d) Karate clothes.
15. Who started as an assistant but quickly moved to a higher grade instructor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gichin believed what event influenced his life?
2. Who said that karate was one of the most refined martial arts in Tokyo?
3. Gichin went with Master Itosu on what kind of viewing party?
4. What were Okinawa's two schools of kata?
5. Why was Matsumura pale and dejected when he entered the engraver's shop?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)