|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were classified in four teaching groups as elementary classes, higher grades, special courses and assistants?
(a) Quarterly school instructors.
(b) Primary school instructors.
(c) Tertiary school instructors.
(d) Secondary school instructors.
2. Why was Matsumura pale and dejected when he entered the engraver's shop?
(a) He lost a client.
(b) He is feeling sick.
(c) His dog died.
(d) He lost a lover.
3. Where in Okinawa was Gichin born?
4. Whose house did Gichin and his son go for karate practice?
5. A nukite describes penetrating what with five fingers to tear out bones?
(c) Rib cage.
6. What did Matsumura learn was the only obstacle to life?
7. As children, where did most Japanese students train to learn martial arts?
(a) Tea garden.
(b) Ballet class.
(d) Training ring.
8. What did the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts advance?
(a) Tug of war.
9. Gichin felt what about hand wrestling?
10. In what social class was Gichin?
11. What did Matsumura want the engraver shop owner to work on for him?
(a) A pair of boots.
(b) A letter.
(c) A gun.
(d) A pipe.
12. What part of the body had to be cut off to join the medical practice in 19th century Japan?
13. Karate was linked to what religious tradition?
14. Where did Gichin die?
15. What did thieves try to steal from Gichin?
(a) Money and tobacco.
(b) Karate clothes.
(c) Tea and food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the poisonous snakes in Okinawa grow?
2. Gichin's school was visited by who?
3. Who was the only student of Azato?
4. In Karate-do, a man could win by doing what?
5. On their way back from the viewing party to what city/town did Gichin and Itosu's group find themselves under attack?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)