|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who started as an assistant but quickly moved to a higher grade instructor?
2. Gichin went with Master Itosu on what kind of viewing party?
3. Gichin admired Azato and Itosu for their lack of what about other masters?
4. What martial art's origin was unknown according to Gichin?
(d) Tug of war.
5. When in 19th century Japan did an applicant to medical school have to be born to be eligible?
6. Within how many years did karate men from Okinawa introduce and teach the art?
7. What did Matsumura want the engraver shop owner to work on for him?
(a) A gun.
(b) A pair of boots.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A letter.
8. Karate became a part of what education in schools and colleges in Japan?
(a) Military training.
(b) Physical education.
(d) Life sciences.
9. Itosu showed the meaning of karate by avoiding what with the untrained men?
10. How did Matsumura repel the owner of the engraver shop?
(a) With a karate chop.
(b) With his eye.
(c) With a noose.
(d) With a gun.
11. Whose house did Gichin and his son go for karate practice?
12. What did the owner of the engraver shop ask Matsumura for?
(a) A match.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A lighter.
(d) A gun.
13. Gichin believed what event influenced his life?
(a) Mustache ban.
(b) Nail ban.
(c) Topknot ban.
(d) Braid ban.
14. A nukite describes penetrating what with five fingers to tear out bones?
(c) Rib cage.
15. Why did Gichin violate the spirit of karate-do after his hand wrestling bouts?
(a) He was over confident.
(b) He was unkind.
(c) He was scared.
(d) He was persistent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nukite is a kind of what?
2. What happened to Gichin after his hand wrestling bouts?
3. What were Okinawa's two schools of kata?
4. Gichin's school was visited by who?
5. What kind of eyes did Matsumura have?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)