|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Past, the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Meiji Restoration begin?
2. Whose house did Gichin and his son go for karate practice?
3. What were karate experts known for apparently according to the public?
(b) Strong grip.
(c) Big egos.
(d) Long hair.
4. What rule number was missing from karate-do?
5. What did Matsumura want the engraver shop owner to work on for him?
(a) A pair of boots.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A gun.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who started as an assistant but quickly moved to a higher grade instructor?
2. What were Okinawa's two schools of kata?
3. Azato met the famous Okinawan swordsman called what?
4. What did Matsumura learn was the only obstacle to life?
5. Former students of Gichin who were unable to carry a rifle or sword were told to do what to the enemy during the war?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)