|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Training for Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A nukite describes penetrating what with five fingers to tear out bones?
(d) Rib cage.
2. What did the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts advance?
(a) Tug of war.
3. How old was Gichin when he died?
4. What martial art's origin was unknown according to Gichin?
(c) Tug of war.
5. Who did Gichin meet in school that was the son of a famous karate expert?
(a) Shizoku Yamagachi.
(b) Koshiro Suzuki.
(c) Yasutsune Azato.
(d) Kata Funakoshi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gichin violate the spirit of karate-do after his hand wrestling bouts?
2. As children, where did most Japanese students train to learn martial arts?
3. Who was the only student of Azato?
4. Gichin believed what event influenced his life?
5. The people of what area trade with southern China where boxing was practiced?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)