|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Training for Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As children, where did most Japanese students train to learn martial arts?
(a) Tea garden.
(b) Training ring.
(c) Ballet class.
2. Why did Gichin violate the spirit of karate-do after his hand wrestling bouts?
(a) He was scared.
(b) He was over confident.
(c) He was unkind.
(d) He was persistent.
3. In what district was Shuri located?
4. Why was Matsumura pale and dejected when he entered the engraver's shop?
(a) He lost a lover.
(b) He lost a client.
(c) His dog died.
(d) He is feeling sick.
5. Who were classified in four teaching groups as elementary classes, higher grades, special courses and assistants?
(a) Primary school instructors.
(b) Quarterly school instructors.
(c) Tertiary school instructors.
(d) Secondary school instructors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a small kingdom with no weapons that Napoleon commented on?
2. At what age did Gichin become a teacher?
3. At Gichin's school, the commissioner watched what kind of demonstration?
4. After what birthday did Gichin see a hand wrestling bout?
5. What party opposed the topknot rule?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)