|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Training for Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Gichin meet in school that was the son of a famous karate expert?
(a) Kata Funakoshi.
(b) Koshiro Suzuki.
(c) Yasutsune Azato.
(d) Shizoku Yamagachi.
2. Conflict developed between the coastal village of Motobe and the hamlet of what?
3. How did Matsumura repel the owner of the engraver shop?
(a) With a karate chop.
(b) With a noose.
(c) With his eye.
(d) With a gun.
4. Why did Gichin sway a lantern to and fro as he is walking on the road with his son?
(a) To scare away vampires.
(b) To scare away ghosts.
(c) To scare away the habu.
(d) To scare away priests.
5. Gichin went with Master Itosu on what kind of viewing party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that karate was one of the most refined martial arts in Tokyo?
2. Why did Gichin practice a martial art with Azato secretly?
3. What part of the body had to be cut off to join the medical practice in 19th century Japan?
4. Who was one of Gichin's trainers?
5. Who praised Gichin for understanding the true spirit of karate?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)