|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Training for Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Okinawa's two schools of kata?
(a) Meiji and Azutu.
(b) Wutang and Shiri.
(c) Gichin and Azato.
(d) Nawate and Shurite.
2. Why did Gichin violate the spirit of karate-do after his hand wrestling bouts?
(a) He was over confident.
(b) He was scared.
(c) He was persistent.
(d) He was unkind.
3. Who did Gichin meet in school that was the son of a famous karate expert?
(a) Shizoku Yamagachi.
(b) Kata Funakoshi.
(c) Yasutsune Azato.
(d) Koshiro Suzuki.
4. At what age did Gichin become a teacher?
5. Who did Gichin also train with in addition to Azato?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house did Gichin and his son go for karate practice?
2. On their way back from the viewing party to what city/town did Gichin and Itosu's group find themselves under attack?
3. What did thieves try to steal from Gichin?
4. As Gichin was walking past the top of what forest, did a man rush past him into a field of sugarcane?
5. What part of the body had to be cut off to join the medical practice in 19th century Japan?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)