|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Training for Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When in 19th century Japan did an applicant to medical school have to be born to be eligible?
2. Where did Gichin die?
3. What was Gichin planning to use the items stolen from his house for?
(a) To buy clothes.
(b) An offering.
(c) As a pet.
(d) To fight in.
4. Gichin believed what event influenced his life?
(a) Braid ban.
(b) Mustache ban.
(c) Topknot ban.
(d) Nail ban.
5. What did boxing evolve into in China?
(d) Tug of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gichin violate the spirit of karate-do after his hand wrestling bouts?
2. Who started the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts?
3. What did the owner of the engraver shop ask Matsumura for?
4. What did karate forbid doing/having?
5. Karate became a part of what education in schools and colleges in Japan?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)