|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Training for Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gichin have to learn because of his social class?
(a) Four Chinese Classics and Seven Chinese Classics of Confucian tradition.
(b) Eight Chinese Classics and Five Chinese Classics of Confucian tradition.
(c) Eight Chinese Classics and Five Chinese Classics of Confucian tradition.
(d) Four Chinese Classics and Five Chinese Classics of Confucian tradition.
2. In what district was Shuri located?
3. What did Matsumura want the engraver shop owner to work on for him?
(a) A letter.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A gun.
(d) A pair of boots.
4. What martial art's origin was unknown according to Gichin?
(d) Tug of war.
5. Karate was linked to what religious tradition?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts advance?
2. On their way back from the viewing party to what city/town did Gichin and Itosu's group find themselves under attack?
3. How old was the owner of the engraver shop that Matsumura visited?
4. Why did Gichin violate the spirit of karate-do after his hand wrestling bouts?
5. What did thieves try to steal from Gichin?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)