|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Training for Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nukite is a kind of what?
2. Gichin went with Master Itosu on what kind of viewing party?
3. What party opposed the topknot rule?
(a) Obstinate Party.
(b) Matsumura Party.
(c) Meiji Party.
(d) Toono Party.
4. When in 19th century Japan did an applicant to medical school have to be born to be eligible?
5. Why did Gichin sway a lantern to and fro as he is walking on the road with his son?
(a) To scare away vampires.
(b) To scare away ghosts.
(c) To scare away the habu.
(d) To scare away priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that karate was one of the most refined martial arts in Tokyo?
2. What martial art's origin was unknown according to Gichin?
3. What happened to Gichin after his hand wrestling bouts?
4. Who did Gichin meet in school that was the son of a famous karate expert?
5. Gichin Funakoshi is a karate master and scholar of what kind of classics?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)