|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Training for Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gichin's school was visited by who?
2. What party opposed the topknot rule?
(a) Meiji Party.
(b) Matsumura Party.
(c) Toono Party.
(d) Obstinate Party.
3. What was a small kingdom with no weapons that Napoleon commented on?
(a) China Islands.
(b) Ryukyu Islands.
(c) Kata Islands.
(d) Hawaii Islands.
4. Why did Gichin practice a martial art with Azato secretly?
(a) Because it was illegal.
(b) Because he was a prisoner.
(c) Because he was underage.
(d) Because it was fun.
5. What is used in progressive training for nukite?
(a) Full casks of beans, sand, pebbles, and finally stone pellets.
(b) Full casks of beans, sand, pebbles and finally lead pellets.
(c) Full casks of tea, sand, granite, and finally lead pellets.
(d) Full casks of tea, sand, granite, and finally water pellets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Gichin when he died?
2. Who started as an assistant but quickly moved to a higher grade instructor?
3. Who praised Gichin for understanding the true spirit of karate?
4. Who viewed a demonstration in 1921 in Shuri Castle?
5. Okinawa had a poisonous snake named what?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)