|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through No Weapons.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Meiji Restoration begin?
2. Why was Matsumura pale and dejected when he entered the engraver's shop?
(a) He lost a lover.
(b) He is feeling sick.
(c) He lost a client.
(d) His dog died.
3. When in 19th century Japan did an applicant to medical school have to be born to be eligible?
4. What were Okinawa's two schools of kata?
(a) Wutang and Shiri.
(b) Meiji and Azutu.
(c) Nawate and Shurite.
(d) Gichin and Azato.
5. Who were two admirals that supported martial arts in 1921?
(a) Gichin and Maitri.
(b) Yashiro and Dewa.
(c) Maitri and Ogawa.
(d) Ogawa and Shuri.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts advance?
2. What part of the body had to be cut off to join the medical practice in 19th century Japan?
3. Who viewed a demonstration in 1921 in Shuri Castle?
4. Karate became a part of what education in schools and colleges in Japan?
5. This book covers the period of the life of the author from 1868 to what?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)