|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entering the Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Gichin also train with in addition to Azato?
2. How old was Gichin when he died?
3. What part of the body had to be cut off to join the medical practice in 19th century Japan?
4. What were karate experts known for apparently according to the public?
(a) Long hair.
(c) Big egos.
(d) Strong grip.
5. In what social class was Gichin?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Meiji Restoration begin?
2. Gichin Funakoshi is a karate master and scholar of what kind of classics?
3. Gichin admired Azato and Itosu for their lack of what about other masters?
4. A nukite describes penetrating what with five fingers to tear out bones?
5. When in 19th century Japan did an applicant to medical school have to be born to be eligible?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)