|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entering the Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Gichin when he died?
2. Why did Gichin practice a martial art with Azato secretly?
(a) Because he was a prisoner.
(b) Because it was fun.
(c) Because it was illegal.
(d) Because he was underage.
3. What party opposed the topknot rule?
(a) Matsumura Party.
(b) Toono Party.
(c) Meiji Party.
(d) Obstinate Party.
4. Where did Gichin die?
5. Who started as an assistant but quickly moved to a higher grade instructor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gichin Funakoshi is a karate master and scholar of what kind of classics?
2. What part of the body had to be cut off to join the medical practice in 19th century Japan?
3. Who was one of Gichin's trainers?
4. What did Gichin have to learn because of his social class?
5. In what district was Shuri located?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)