|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entering the Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were classified in four teaching groups as elementary classes, higher grades, special courses and assistants?
(a) Primary school instructors.
(b) Secondary school instructors.
(c) Tertiary school instructors.
(d) Quarterly school instructors.
2. What did Gichin practice with Azato secretly?
(c) Kung fu.
3. Nukite is a kind of what?
4. What did Gichin have to learn because of his social class?
(a) Four Chinese Classics and Five Chinese Classics of Confucian tradition.
(b) Four Chinese Classics and Seven Chinese Classics of Confucian tradition.
(c) Eight Chinese Classics and Five Chinese Classics of Confucian tradition.
(d) Eight Chinese Classics and Five Chinese Classics of Confucian tradition.
5. Where did Gichin die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Gichin meet in school that was the son of a famous karate expert?
2. When in 19th century Japan did an applicant to medical school have to be born to be eligible?
3. In what social class was Gichin?
4. What party opposed the topknot rule?
5. Who said that karate was one of the most refined martial arts in Tokyo?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)