|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entering the Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is used in progressive training for nukite?
(a) Full casks of beans, sand, pebbles, and finally stone pellets.
(b) Full casks of beans, sand, pebbles and finally lead pellets.
(c) Full casks of tea, sand, granite, and finally water pellets.
(d) Full casks of tea, sand, granite, and finally lead pellets.
2. Gichin Funakoshi is a karate master and scholar of what kind of classics?
3. Gichin admired Azato and Itosu for their lack of what about other masters?
4. At what age did Gichin become a teacher?
5. What part of the body had to be cut off to join the medical practice in 19th century Japan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Okinawa was Gichin born?
2. What party opposed the topknot rule?
3. What did Gichin have to learn because of his social class?
4. Who were classified in four teaching groups as elementary classes, higher grades, special courses and assistants?
5. When did the Meiji Restoration begin?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)