|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entering the Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gichin Funakoshi is a karate master and scholar of what kind of classics?
2. How old was Gichin when he died?
3. What part of the body had to be cut off to join the medical practice in 19th century Japan?
4. A nukite describes penetrating what with five fingers to tear out bones?
(d) Rib cage.
5. Who did Gichin meet in school that was the son of a famous karate expert?
(a) Yasutsune Azato.
(b) Shizoku Yamagachi.
(c) Kata Funakoshi.
(d) Koshiro Suzuki.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gichin practice a martial art with Azato secretly?
2. Where in Okinawa was Gichin born?
3. When in 19th century Japan did an applicant to medical school have to be born to be eligible?
4. In what social class was Gichin?
5. Gichin admired Azato and Itosu for their lack of what about other masters?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)