|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Recognition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gichin violate the spirit of karate-do after his hand wrestling bouts?
(a) He was scared.
(b) He was unkind.
(c) He was persistent.
(d) He was over confident.
2. At what age did Gichin become a teacher?
3. Where did an earthquake strike on September 1, 1923?
4. Who was the naval man that became a student of Gichin?
5. What happened to Gichin after his hand wrestling bouts?
(a) Men attack him.
(b) He receives a medal.
(c) He cries.
(d) He celebrates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did boxing evolve into in China?
2. Azato met the famous Okinawan swordsman called what?
3. Itosu showed the meaning of karate by avoiding what with the untrained men?
4. When Gichin participated in hand wrestling, how many bouts did he enter?
5. What did Matsumura learn was the only obstacle to life?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)