|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Recognition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Matsumura repel the owner of the engraver shop?
(a) With his eye.
(b) With a karate chop.
(c) With a noose.
(d) With a gun.
2. At what age did Gichin become a teacher?
3. Who was a first-rate karateka?
(a) Master Azato.
(b) Shinkin Gima.
(c) Gichin Funakoshi.
(d) Meisei Juku.
4. What religion did Gichin's wife follow?
(a) A Priestess.
(b) A Singer.
(c) A Buddhist.
(d) A Writer.
5. What was Gichin planning to use the items stolen from his house for?
(a) To buy clothes.
(b) As a pet.
(c) An offering.
(d) To fight in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did thieves try to steal from Gichin?
2. Who encouraged Gichin to write a reference book on Karate-do?
3. Gichin admired Azato and Itosu for their lack of what about other masters?
4. As children, where did most Japanese students train to learn martial arts?
5. Whose house did Gichin and his son go for karate practice?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)