|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Recognition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gichin sway a lantern to and fro as he is walking on the road with his son?
(a) To scare away ghosts.
(b) To scare away priests.
(c) To scare away the habu.
(d) To scare away vampires.
2. How long did the poisonous snakes in Okinawa grow?
(a) 10-12 feet.
(b) 6-7 feet.
(c) 8-9 feet.
(d) 4-5 feet.
3. What were warrior's hands called?
(a) La la te.
(b) Ma te.
(c) Yoshi te.
(d) Bushi no te.
4. Karate became a part of what education in schools and colleges in Japan?
(a) Physical education.
(b) Life sciences.
(d) Military training.
5. What earthquake struck on September 1, 1923?
(a) Grand Kanto.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who praised Gichin for understanding the true spirit of karate?
2. What offered a karate group of faculty and students that Gichin visited regularly to give instruction?
3. Who viewed a demonstration in 1921 in Shuri Castle?
4. Matsumura entered a shop of an engraver located where?
5. What is used in progressive training for nukite?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)