|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Recognition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gichin's book was published in what year?
2. In what district was Shuri located?
3. What did the owner of the engraver shop ask Matsumura for?
(a) A match.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A gun.
(d) A lighter.
4. Where did Gichin die?
5. What did Matsumura want the engraver shop owner to work on for him?
(a) A gun.
(b) A pair of boots.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When in 19th century Japan did an applicant to medical school have to be born to be eligible?
2. What did Matsumura learn was the only obstacle to life?
3. What did thieves take from Gichin's house?
4. What part of the body had to be cut off to join the medical practice in 19th century Japan?
5. When did the Meiji Restoration begin?
This section contains 140 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)