|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Important Points.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gichin was dismayed by popular press notions of what in karate?
(a) Northern vertigo.
(b) Superhuman feats of strength.
(c) Use of equipment.
2. What rule number was missing from karate-do?
3. What did Matsumura want the engraver shop owner to work on for him?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A gun.
(c) A pair of boots.
(d) A letter.
4. What could trainees develop from karate?
(a) Real courage.
(b) Real height.
(c) Real muscles.
(d) Real speed.
5. What did Gichin say that trainees used karate for?
(a) To calm the mind.
(b) To fight enemies.
(c) To build strength.
(d) To see weakness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might contribute to the appearance and health of girls and young women?
2. What did the painter do for Gichin's book?
3. How old was the owner of the engraver shop that Matsumura visited?
4. Gichin's book was published in what year?
5. What offered a karate group of faculty and students that Gichin visited regularly to give instruction?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)