|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Important Points.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did an earthquake strike on September 1, 1923?
2. What painter sought instruction for his organization, the Tabata Poplar Club?
(a) Shinkin Gima.
(b) Master Azato.
(c) Hoan Kosugi.
(d) Jigoro Kano.
3. Who viewed a demonstration in 1921 in Shuri Castle?
(b) Crown prince.
4. Who encouraged and warned Gichin of the difficulties of starting a school in Tokyo?
(a) Rudo and Kano.
(b) Kosugi and Kano.
(c) Azato and Itosu.
(d) Gima and Juku.
5. Who was the naval man that became a student of Gichin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Okinawa's two schools of kata?
2. What did Gichin show containing photographs of karate stances, kata, and movements?
3. What did children in the garden call Gichin for his smooth, ruddy-skinned complexion?
4. What did Gichin grab of the thief that made him yell?
5. How old was the owner of the engraver shop that Matsumura visited?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)