|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Important Points.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weapons did Gichin identify from the wrist down?
2. Who started the Okinawa Association for Spirit of the Martial Arts?
3. Gichin received a promotion to principal of an outlying school but chose to do what?
4. Who encouraged and warned Gichin of the difficulties of starting a school in Tokyo?
(a) Azato and Itosu.
(b) Rudo and Kano.
(c) Gima and Juku.
(d) Kosugi and Kano.
5. What did Gichin say that trainees used karate for?
(a) To calm the mind.
(b) To fight enemies.
(c) To build strength.
(d) To see weakness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encouraged Gichin to write a reference book on Karate-do?
2. What religion did Gichin's wife follow?
3. What was deadly serious where an opponent must always be in one's mind to survive and avoid failure?
4. What did Gichin show containing photographs of karate stances, kata, and movements?
5. What earthquake struck on September 1, 1923?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)