|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Important Points.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What painter sought instruction for his organization, the Tabata Poplar Club?
(a) Master Azato.
(b) Jigoro Kano.
(c) Shinkin Gima.
(d) Hoan Kosugi.
2. What was a small kingdom with no weapons that Napoleon commented on?
(a) Kata Islands.
(b) Hawaii Islands.
(c) Ryukyu Islands.
(d) China Islands.
3. What did Gichin say that trainees used karate for?
(a) To calm the mind.
(b) To see weakness.
(c) To fight enemies.
(d) To build strength.
4. Serious Karate-do pupils were _____________ to maintain interest and training over the long term.
(a) Energetic and lively.
(b) Considerate and purposeful.
(c) Speedy and critical.
(d) Feisty and vigorous.
5. What did karate forbid doing/having?
Short Answer Questions
1. What offered a karate group of faculty and students that Gichin visited regularly to give instruction?
2. What was the Okinawan dormitory that Gichin stayed at?
3. What did the owner of the engraver shop ask Matsumura for?
4. Karate was linked to what religious tradition?
5. Who when trained in karate might be more obedient?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)