|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Transcendental Philosophy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Kant approach in a curious way?
2. What describes the first formulation that Kant derived?
(a) One should never break the laws and mores of society.
(b) One should follow the religious Ten Commandments.
(c) One should treat others in a way that does not infringe upon their rights.
(d) One should not act in such a way that he would not want others acting.
3. For Hume to believe something, what did he need?
(a) Inferential evidence.
(b) Infallible belief.
(d) Empirical evidence.
4. Which of the following is true about aesthetic perception?
(a) Each individual perceives beauty in the form of subjectivity.
(b) Each individual perceives an aesthetic object differently.
(c) Every beautiful object has inherent objects.
(d) Every beautiful object is a substance and not a property.
5. Which of the following would have best described Kant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is rational psychology?
2. According to Hegel, what does reason want to reach?
3. Which of the following is true about the idealism Fichte wanted to justify?
4. Which philosophers, besides Kant, studied aesthetics?
5. What did Leibniz argue could allow us to know almost everything about the world?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)