|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: The Logic of Illusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question did Kant's subjective argument begin with?
(a) What are the prerequisites for experience?
(b) How can experience be defined?
(c) What are the self's prerequisites for existence?
(d) How can philosophers define existence?
2. Which of the following statements about Kant is true?
(a) Kant believed that proving the existence of a soul would prove the existence of God.
(b) Kant believed the soul was a phenomenon.
(c) Kant believed the soul was a noumenon.
(d) Kant did not believe one could view one's own soul as an object.
3. Which of the following is an example of antinomy?
(a) The cat eats food. The cat drinks water.
(b) The cat is on the chair. The cat is not on the chair.
(c) The dog is brown. The dog has white spots.
(d) The cat is gray. Another cat is also gray.
4. What did Kant compare the knowledge of a soul to?
5. According to Hume, what does all knowledge come through?
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement sums up Descartes' certain piece of knowledge?
2. Why was Kant's system revolutionary?
3. According to Kant, what does identity imply?
4. Which of the following was Kant a determined opponent of?
5. What is the name of the university Kant attended?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)