|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Background of Kant's Thought.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Kant born?
2. What philosophical school did Hume belong to?
3. When was "Critique of Judgment" published?
4. Why was Kant's system revolutionary?
(a) It asserted the existence of synthetic a posteriori truths.
(b) It asserted the existence of synthetic a priori truths.
(c) It asserted the existence of analytic a priori truths.
(d) It asserted the existence of analytic a posteriori truths.
5. Where was David Hume from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kant study throughout his early academic career?
2. According to Kant, why was he reserved?
3. What type of truth is "a square has four sides"?
4. What is the problem with Descartes' certain knowledge?
5. What is considered to be Kant's most important work?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)