|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Background of Kant's Thought.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following made it a rare occurrence for Kant to attend school?
(a) His faith.
(b) His economic class.
(c) His age.
(d) His maturity.
2. Where was David Hume from?
3. Who began the problem of objective knowledge?
4. According to Hume, what does all knowledge come through?
5. What type of truth is something that is known only as the result of some experience?
(b) A priori.
(c) A posteriori.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is considered to be Kant's most important work?
2. What statement sums up Descartes' certain piece of knowledge?
3. What philosophical school did Leibniz belong to?
4. What type of truth is "a square has four sides"?
5. According to Hume, what can reason tell us about?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)