|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Background of Kant's Thought.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is described as being inaccessible to humanity?
(b) The animal kingdom.
(c) The world.
2. What type of truth is "Fido has brown spots"?
(a) A priori.
(c) A posteriori.
3. Which of the following is true about Kant's time in school?
(a) He enjoyed spending time with his peers.
(b) He hated his time in school.
(c) He enjoyed talking to the teachers.
(d) He hated learning, but his teachers encouraged him.
4. How was Kant influenced by Leibniz?
(a) He had so many disagreements with him.
(b) He thought Leibniz was more intelligent than Hume.
(c) He sided with Leibniz over Hume.
(d) He agreed with him so much.
5. What statement sums up Descartes' certain piece of knowledge?
(a) "I exist, therefore I am."
(b) "I see, therefore I am."
(c) "I think, therefore I am."
(d) "I live, therefore I am."
Short Answer Questions
1. What philosophical school did Leibniz belong to?
2. How many times did Kant come close to marriage?
3. What philosophical school did Hume belong to?
4. When did Kant die?
5. Who did Kant believe was right about objective knowledge?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)