Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In how many states is Abel accused of bribery and corruption of a public official?
2. Who calls William with news that angers him after he returns from war?
3. Where does William's son begin his graduate studies?
4. What does William say about his grandchildren when he first meets them?
5. Which bank chairman dies in Chapter 23?
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in this novel? Select a different type of conflict and explain how this story would have differed under that particular type of conflict.
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Kane and Abel. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
There are four points of view in which literature is written: first person, third person objective, third person limited, and omniscient. Which point of view does the author use in this book? Is this the most effective point of view for this story? Why or why not?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)