|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what does the president of the United States do to uplift the spirit of Americans?
2. Who tells William of Matthew's illness?
3. Who is actually William's competition for his new position in Chapter 23?
4. How long does Abel confine himself to his penthouse?
5. What is Florentyna's fake last name?
Essay Topic 1
What is the primary theme of Kane and Abel? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss William and Abel as main characters of Kane and Abel. What is the definition of main character and how do these men fit it?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the protagonist in Kane and Abel. Discuss the antagonist. Is there ever a time in the novel when it seems like they have reversed roles? Use the definition for the terms in your response.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)