Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In how many states is Abel accused of bribery and corruption of a public official?
2. Who calls William with news that angers him after he returns from war?
3. Where does William's son begin his graduate studies?
4. What does William say about his grandchildren when he first meets them?
5. Which bank chairman dies in Chapter 23?
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Kane and Abel. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between tone and mood? What was the tone of this novel? What was the mood of it? Was it consistent throughout or did it vary? Define the terms tone and mood and use examples from the text to support your thoughts.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the protagonist in Kane and Abel. Discuss the antagonist. Is there ever a time in the novel when it seems like they have reversed roles? Use the definition for the terms in your response.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)