|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hasn't William left his house alone for a long time?
2. Who is in a photo with Abel at the grand opening of his burned hotel?
3. In Chapter 22, what does the president of the United States do to uplift the spirit of Americans?
4. How does Abel aggravate William after an airline crash?
5. From which university does William's son graduate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Abel "dumped" his airline stock. What resulted?
2. What is Hodgkin's Disease and who in this book is diagnosed with it?
3. What are the three reasons Abel and his daughter visit Europe when she completes high school?
4. What is the obvious reason that William is glad to see Abel's success in reopening the Chicago hotel?
5. Explain when and why William and Kate get married.
6. What does Osborne's defeat for re-election mean to Abel?
7. How does Florentyna manage to get a job on her own merits?
8. When was a press conference scheduled to announce a bank merger between Lester and Kane and Cabot, and why was it canceled?
9. Why do William and Abel both attend the grand opening of Florentyna's alone, without their families?
10. How does Abel remember Davis Leroy when he rebuilds his Chicago hotel and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What methods and writing techniques does the author use to get readers to empathize with William and Abel?
Essay Topic 2
Define exposition and discuss the exposition of this novel. What does the reader learn from the exposition in Kane and Abel? Is the information consistent throughout the book or does it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss William and Abel as main characters of Kane and Abel. What is the definition of main character and how do these men fit it?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)