|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who faces charges of conspiracy to defraud?
2. In Chapter 23, who befriends William and invites him to dinner to discuss business?
3. Who is the quartermaster for the Fifth Army as they are fighting behind the line?
4. How do William and Abel greet each other when they meet on the streets of New York?
5. Who lobbies Congress to take a stance against Russia for its control of various European regions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Kane and Abel. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in this novel? Select a different type of conflict and explain how this story would have differed under that particular type of conflict.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the differences between major and minor characters in literature. Discuss William and Abel as major characters and select two other characters to analyze as minor characters. How do the minor characters fit the definition?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)