Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In how many states is Abel accused of bribery and corruption of a public official?
2. Who calls William with news that angers him after he returns from war?
3. Where does William's son begin his graduate studies?
4. What does William say about his grandchildren when he first meets them?
5. Which bank chairman dies in Chapter 23?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss William and Abel as main characters of Kane and Abel. What is the definition of main character and how do these men fit it?
Essay Topic 2
Identify and discuss five points of foreshadowing from the novel. Did the author use foreshadowing effectively? Why or why not? Define foreshadowing in your essay as well.
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between tone and mood? What was the tone of this novel? What was the mood of it? Was it consistent throughout or did it vary? Define the terms tone and mood and use examples from the text to support your thoughts.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)