|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abel refuse to see in Chapter 41?
2. When he decides to become proactive against Abel, to whom does William give a sum of money?
3. Where do William and Kate vacation in Chapter 21?
4. What is Florentyna's fake last name?
5. Where is Abel returning from when he is met by tons of media at the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Osborne's defeat for re-election mean to Abel?
2. How does Henry Osborne die and what statement does his death make?
3. Discuss the Biblical reference of this book.
4. When does William realize he has known Abel for a very long time? What made him realize it?
5. Why does Abel ask his banker to buy stock in William's newly merged bank?
6. When William grows concerned about Abel buying stock in the bank, he phones him. What does William mean when he tells Abel he has a personal matter to discuss that involves only the two of them? Why does William say that?
7. What are the three reasons Abel and his daughter visit Europe when she completes high school?
8. Explain when and why William and Kate get married.
9. Discuss Abel's military career. What did he want out of it and what did he get out of it?
10. What is Hodgkin's Disease and who in this book is diagnosed with it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define exposition and discuss the exposition of this novel. What does the reader learn from the exposition in Kane and Abel? Is the information consistent throughout the book or does it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
What aspects and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in Kane and Abel? Explain your answers, giving an overview of the author's life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss William and Abel as main characters of Kane and Abel. What is the definition of main character and how do these men fit it?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)