|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does William feel about the reopening of Abel's burned hotel?
2. Which agency investigates Abel after the airline crash?
3. Why does William hurry home from the grand opening?
4. When he decides to become proactive against Abel, to whom does William give a sum of money?
5. What is William's first son's middle name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What upsets Abel and provokes him to become a Congressional lobbyist?
2. Discuss Abel's military career. What did he want out of it and what did he get out of it?
3. What does Osborne's defeat for re-election mean to Abel?
4. When does William realize he has known Abel for a very long time? What made him realize it?
5. What secret is Matthew keeping from his father and why?
6. Explain when and why William and Kate get married.
7. When was a press conference scheduled to announce a bank merger between Lester and Kane and Cabot, and why was it canceled?
8. Why does Abel put Henry Osborne in charge of the Kane account?
9. What are the three reasons Abel and his daughter visit Europe when she completes high school?
10. Why does Abel ask his banker to buy stock in William's newly merged bank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss William and Abel as main characters of Kane and Abel. What is the definition of main character and how do these men fit it?
Essay Topic 2
What is the primary theme of Kane and Abel? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Kane and Abel. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)