|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues a young captain whose troop has been hit by Nazi soldiers?
2. Who is the quartermaster for the Fifth Army as they are fighting behind the line?
3. What is Florentyna's fake first name?
4. Who is attempting to take over William's bank?
5. Why does William hurry home from the grand opening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Kane and Abel. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 3
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in this novel? Select a different type of conflict and explain how this story would have differed under that particular type of conflict.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)