|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In how many states is Abel accused of bribery and corruption of a public official?
2. Who calls William with news that angers him after he returns from war?
3. Where does William's son begin his graduate studies?
4. What does William say about his grandchildren when he first meets them?
5. Which bank chairman dies in Chapter 23?
Essay Topic 1
There are four points of view in which literature is written: first person, third person objective, third person limited, and omniscient. Which point of view does the author use in this book? Is this the most effective point of view for this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Also relate the differences and similarities specifically to Kane and Abel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the protagonist in Kane and Abel. Discuss the antagonist. Is there ever a time in the novel when it seems like they have reversed roles? Use the definition for the terms in your response.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)