|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abel find when he gets to Florentyna's apartment after the father and daughter fight?
2. Who hires a private detective on behalf of William to investigate Abel?
3. Who comes in late, drunk most of the time, in Chapter 21?
4. Who says he no longer trusts Matthew in Chapter 21?
5. Who first explains to Abel the charges against him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abel ask his banker to buy stock in William's newly merged bank?
2. Why is Abel not surprised to see the media when he returns home from Turkey? Why is the media really waiting at the airport for him?
3. What upsets Abel and provokes him to become a Congressional lobbyist?
4. When does William realize he has known Abel for a very long time? What made him realize it?
5. What secret is Matthew keeping from his father and why?
6. Who recommends William for the position of chairman at Lester Bank and why?
7. How does Abel remember Davis Leroy when he rebuilds his Chicago hotel and why?
8. Why do William and Abel both attend the grand opening of Florentyna's alone, without their families?
9. Why does Abel put Henry Osborne in charge of the Kane account?
10. Why does Abel ask Melanie Leroy to leave her stockings and garters on when they have sex after Abel returns from war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss William and Abel as main characters of Kane and Abel. What is the definition of main character and how do these men fit it?
Essay Topic 2
A main character has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. Discuss Abel's bad qualities. Who is to blame for those qualities? Are the "bad" qualities really bad? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the protagonist in Kane and Abel. Discuss the antagonist. Is there ever a time in the novel when it seems like they have reversed roles? Use the definition for the terms in your response.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)