|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Florentyna's fake first name?
2. Who is Florentyna's work partner?
3. What does William say about his grandchildren when he first meets them?
4. What is Matthew's illness?
5. Which bank chairman dies in Chapter 23?
Essay Topic 1
There are four points of view in which literature is written: first person, third person objective, third person limited, and omniscient. Which point of view does the author use in this book? Is this the most effective point of view for this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What methods and writing techniques does the author use to get readers to empathize with William and Abel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the differences between major and minor characters in literature. Discuss William and Abel as major characters and select two other characters to analyze as minor characters. How do the minor characters fit the definition?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)