|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which floor does Abel omit from his rebuilt burned hotel?
2. Who does Abel appoint to the board of directors for his hotel chain?
3. In which store does Florentyna get her first job?
4. Where does Abel relocate his headquarters to when he gets divorced?
5. What item does Abel wear that allows William to recognize him?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the sequence of this book. How does the author tell the story of Kane and Abel? Analyze the effectiveness of the author's choice of sequence.
Essay Topic 2
Define exposition and discuss the exposition of this novel. What does the reader learn from the exposition in Kane and Abel? Is the information consistent throughout the book or does it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in this novel? Select a different type of conflict and explain how this story would have differed under that particular type of conflict.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)