|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in a photo with Abel at the grand opening of his burned hotel?
2. What project does William's bank sponsor for $30 million?
3. How do William and Abel greet each other when they meet on the streets of New York?
4. Who led the Communist witch hunt in the United States?
5. How much money does William spend in order to become proactive against Abel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain when and why William and Kate get married.
2. Why does Abel ask his banker to buy stock in William's newly merged bank?
3. Why is Abel not surprised to see the media when he returns home from Turkey? Why is the media really waiting at the airport for him?
4. Why does Abel put Henry Osborne in charge of the Kane account?
5. What are the three reasons Abel and his daughter visit Europe when she completes high school?
6. Explain how Abel "dumped" his airline stock. What resulted?
7. When was a press conference scheduled to announce a bank merger between Lester and Kane and Cabot, and why was it canceled?
8. Why do William and Abel both attend the grand opening of Florentyna's alone, without their families?
9. What does Richard worry about telling his father about his new love, Jessie Kovats?
10. Why does Abel ask Melanie Leroy to leave her stockings and garters on when they have sex after Abel returns from war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the primary theme of Kane and Abel? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Define the term flashback as it applies to literature. How are flashbacks used in Kane and Abel?
Essay Topic 3
What methods and writing techniques does the author use to get readers to empathize with William and Abel?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)