|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Wladek how to steal from produce vendors?
2. How much money does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
3. Who is the second man to ask Abel to manage his hotel?
4. Who plans Wladek's escape from the prisoner of war camp?
5. At what age does William receive his full inheritance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Davis Leroy's financial difficulties and how they end.
2. What helps William recover from the devastation of his father's death?
3. Describe the circumstances of Wladek's birth.
4. How does Anne meet her second husband?
5. Why does Abel have sex with Melanie Leroy shortly after inheriting her father's hotel chain?
6. How does Wladek acquire his limp?
7. Explain how Wladek finds his way to the Polish Consul.
8. Why is Anne growing more anxious in Chapter 10?
9. What is Wladek's birth defect and how do his foster parents explain it?
10. When is Wladek christened? How is the christening celebrated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Also relate the differences and similarities specifically to Kane and Abel.
Essay Topic 2
What aspects and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in Kane and Abel? Explain your answers, giving an overview of the author's life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss William and Abel as main characters of Kane and Abel. What is the definition of main character and how do these men fit it?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)