|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
2. What is baby Wladek's birth defect?
3. What happens when William's boss is sent to manage the London bank branch?
4. Why was Wladek's job changed to kitchen duty?
5. What was the value of William's family trust when he received his full inheritance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
2. How does Wladek come to live in the castle?
3. How does Anne meet her second husband?
4. Discuss William's finances and financial goals set during his junior year in college.
5. Why is Anne growing more anxious in Chapter 10?
6. When is Wladek christened? How is the christening celebrated?
7. What is ironic about the first time Melanie Leroy sleeps with Abel after he inherits her father's hotel chain?
8. When does William kick Henry out of the Kane house?
9. How does William meet Kate?
10. Describe the circumstances of Wladek's birth.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and discuss five points of foreshadowing from the novel. Did the author use foreshadowing effectively? Why or why not? Define foreshadowing in your essay as well.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast George and Matthew as minor characters in Kane and Abel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the protagonist in Kane and Abel. Discuss the antagonist. Is there ever a time in the novel when it seems like they have reversed roles? Use the definition for the terms in your response.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)