Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, from what floor does the character commit suicide by jumping from the window?
2. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
3. What was the $5 million contract for that Henry Osborne "secured?"
4. What do Abel and his wife do immediately upon getting married?
5. Where does the Baron go to put his affairs in order?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne meet her second husband?
2. What is Hodgkin's Disease and who in this book is diagnosed with it?
3. In addition to his night studies in English, what other tutoring does Abel seek and why?
4. How does Florentyna honor her father after his death?
5. Why is Abel not surprised to see the media when he returns home from Turkey? Why is the media really waiting at the airport for him?
6. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
7. How does Henry Osborne die and what statement does his death make?
8. How does Abel use his first job at a hotel to build wealth?
9. How does Wladek acquire his limp?
10. Discuss Abel's military career. What did he want out of it and what did he get out of it?
What aspects and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in Kane and Abel? Explain your answers, giving an overview of the author's life.
What is the primary theme of Kane and Abel? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
Define the term flashback as it applies to literature. How are flashbacks used in Kane and Abel?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)