|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is baby William's middle name?
2. In Chapter 16, from what floor does the character commit suicide by jumping from the window?
3. How much money must Abel come up with to keep the hotel chain?
4. Who denies William's request to hire his best friend as his assistant?
5. Where does the Baron go to put his affairs in order?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abel make his way to Chicago from New York?
2. Why does Abel meet with William after Davis Leroy's death?
3. Describe the circumstances of Wladek's birth.
4. When does William kick Henry out of the Kane house?
5. How does Anne meet her second husband?
6. How does Wladek discover he is the Baron's second son?
7. Describe the first time Abel makes note of Henry's dishonesty.
8. What is Wladek's birth defect and how do his foster parents explain it?
9. How does Abel use his first job at a hotel to build wealth?
10. What does Anne receive of the family fortune when Richard dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in this novel? Select a different type of conflict and explain how this story would have differed under that particular type of conflict.
Essay Topic 2
What is the primary theme of Kane and Abel? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast George and Matthew as minor characters in Kane and Abel.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)