Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, from what floor does the character commit suicide by jumping from the window?
2. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
3. What was the $5 million contract for that Henry Osborne "secured?"
4. What do Abel and his wife do immediately upon getting married?
5. Where does the Baron go to put his affairs in order?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne meet her second husband?
2. What is Hodgkin's Disease and who in this book is diagnosed with it?
3. In addition to his night studies in English, what other tutoring does Abel seek and why?
4. How does Florentyna honor her father after his death?
5. Why is Abel not surprised to see the media when he returns home from Turkey? Why is the media really waiting at the airport for him?
6. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
7. How does Henry Osborne die and what statement does his death make?
8. How does Abel use his first job at a hotel to build wealth?
9. How does Wladek acquire his limp?
10. Discuss Abel's military career. What did he want out of it and what did he get out of it?
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Kane and Abel. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 2
What aspects and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in Kane and Abel? Explain your answers, giving an overview of the author's life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the differences between major and minor characters in literature. Discuss William and Abel as major characters and select two other characters to analyze as minor characters. How do the minor characters fit the definition?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)