|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds baby Wladek?
2. How many castles does the Baron leave to his heir?
3. Who is Wladek's favorite sibling?
4. Who does William fall in love with in Chapter 15?
5. Who is Anne's best friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe William Kane's birth.
2. Explain how Richard dies and why his wife and child do not also die.
3. How does Wladek discover he is the Baron's second son?
4. Why does Abel meet with William after Davis Leroy's death?
5. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
6. Explain why Davis Leroy's daughter initially rejects Abel's physical advances. What is her advice to Abel?
7. When is Wladek christened? How is the christening celebrated?
8. Discuss the board vote when considering William and Simmons for the chairman position at the bank.
9. What does Anne receive of the family fortune when Richard dies?
10. Why does Abel have sex with Melanie Leroy shortly after inheriting her father's hotel chain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast George and Matthew as minor characters in Kane and Abel.
Essay Topic 2
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Kane and Abel. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 3
A main character has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. Discuss Abel's bad qualities. Who is to blame for those qualities? Are the "bad" qualities really bad? Support your answers.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)