|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does William meet the love he encounters in Chapter 15?
2. What is William's birthdate?
3. Who is Wladek's favorite sibling?
4. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
5. Where is Florentyna buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the circumstances of Wladek's birth.
2. Why is Anne growing more anxious in Chapter 10?
3. What is Wladek's birth defect and how do his foster parents explain it?
4. Discuss William's finances and financial goals set during his junior year in college.
5. How does Wladek acquire his inheritance?
6. Why does Abel have sex with Melanie Leroy shortly after inheriting her father's hotel chain?
7. When is Wladek christened? How is the christening celebrated?
8. Explain why Davis Leroy's daughter initially rejects Abel's physical advances. What is her advice to Abel?
9. How does Wladek acquire his limp?
10. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A main character has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. Discuss Abel's bad qualities. Who is to blame for those qualities? Are the "bad" qualities really bad? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
What methods and writing techniques does the author use to get readers to empathize with William and Abel?
Essay Topic 3
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in this novel? Select a different type of conflict and explain how this story would have differed under that particular type of conflict.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)