|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Abel appoint to the board of directors for his hotel chain?
(a) Henry Osborne.
(b) William Kane.
(c) Thomas Cohen.
(d) Tony Simmons.
2. What position does Florentyna earn within six months of getting her first job?
(a) Lead trainer.
(b) Junior supervisor.
(d) Department head.
3. How does Abel aggravate William after an airline crash?
(a) Abel dumps his stock.
(b) Abel declares bankruptcy.
(c) Abel sends William an "I told you so" note.
(d) Abel tells the media it was William's fault.
4. Where does William's son begin his graduate studies?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New Hampshire.
5. Which agency investigates Abel after the airline crash?
(a) Securities Exhange Commerce.
(b) Securities Exchange Commission.
(c) Federal Communications Commission.
(d) Federal Commerce Commission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which young character is an entrepreneur?
2. From which university does William's son graduate?
3. Who lobbies Congress to take a stance against Russia for its control of various European regions?
4. Who is actually William's competition for his new position in Chapter 23?
5. Who calls William with news that angers him after he returns from war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do William and Abel both attend the grand opening of Florentyna's alone, without their families?
2. What is the obvious reason that William is glad to see Abel's success in reopening the Chicago hotel?
3. How does Abel feel about the revenge he has had against William? How does it affect his family-life?
4. Discuss the Biblical reference of this book.
5. How does Abel remember Davis Leroy when he rebuilds his Chicago hotel and why?
6. What upsets Abel and provokes him to become a Congressional lobbyist?
7. What was Abel's plea and what her his charges in the bribery and corruption case against him?
8. When was a press conference scheduled to announce a bank merger between Lester and Kane and Cabot, and why was it canceled?
9. How does Henry Osborne die and what statement does his death make?
10. Why does Abel contribute to John Kennedy's presidential campaign?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)