|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells William of Matthew's illness?
2. Who comes in late, drunk most of the time, in Chapter 21?
3. What does William say about his grandchildren when he first meets them?
(a) They look just like their mother.
(b) Nothing. He doesn't meet them.
(c) They look just like their father.
(d) He loves them even though their other grandfather is a jerk.
4. In Chapter 23, who befriends William and invites him to dinner to discuss business?
(a) Abel Rosnovski.
(b) Charles Lester.
(c) Peter Parfitt.
(d) Henry Osborne.
5. Who announces pregnancy in Chapter 36?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is interested in selling stock in Lester, Kane and Company?
2. What position does Florentyna earn within six months of getting her first job?
3. Who turned 21 in 1953?
4. Who calls William with news that angers him after he returns from war?
5. What is Florentyna's fake last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do William and Abel both attend the grand opening of Florentyna's alone, without their families?
2. Why does Abel contribute to John Kennedy's presidential campaign?
3. What is the obvious reason that William is glad to see Abel's success in reopening the Chicago hotel?
4. Why does Florentyna reject her father's offer to manage all the hotel gift shops in his chain?
5. What was Abel's plea and what her his charges in the bribery and corruption case against him?
6. Why does Richard get so angry when he sees his girlfriend charging items on credit?
7. What upsets Abel and provokes him to become a Congressional lobbyist?
8. Why does Abel ask Melanie Leroy to leave her stockings and garters on when they have sex after Abel returns from war?
9. How does Florentyna manage to get a job on her own merits?
10. How does Abel feel about the revenge he has had against William? How does it affect his family-life?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)