|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project does William's bank sponsor for $30 million?
(a) A new hotel chain.
(b) A railway system.
(c) A media company.
(d) An airline company.
2. Who does Abel refuse to see in Chapter 41?
3. Who begins traveling with Abel when he returns from war?
4. How many charges of bribery and corruption of a public official does Abel face?
5. Who rescues a young captain whose troop has been hit by Nazi soldiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what does the president of the United States do to uplift the spirit of Americans?
2. Who hires a private detective on behalf of William to investigate Abel?
3. Who is interested in selling stock in Lester, Kane and Company?
4. At the time when Abel asks for a political appointment, how many stores has his daughter opened?
5. In Chapter 23, who befriends William and invites him to dinner to discuss business?
Short Essay Questions
1. What upsets Abel and provokes him to become a Congressional lobbyist?
2. When William grows concerned about Abel buying stock in the bank, he phones him. What does William mean when he tells Abel he has a personal matter to discuss that involves only the two of them? Why does William say that?
3. What does Richard worry about telling his father about his new love, Jessie Kovats?
4. How does Florentyna manage to get a job on her own merits?
5. How does Henry Osborne die and what statement does his death make?
6. Discuss Abel's military career. What did he want out of it and what did he get out of it?
7. When was a press conference scheduled to announce a bank merger between Lester and Kane and Cabot, and why was it canceled?
8. Why does Abel ask Melanie Leroy to leave her stockings and garters on when they have sex after Abel returns from war?
9. How does Abel remember Davis Leroy when he rebuilds his Chicago hotel and why?
10. Explain how Abel "dumped" his airline stock. What resulted?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)