|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he decides to become proactive against Abel, to whom does William give a sum of money?
(a) Abel himself.
(b) A Congressman.
(c) A thug he knows.
(d) His lawyer.
2. When does the New York Florentyna's open?
(a) October, 1966.
(b) April, 1966.
(c) January, 1967.
(d) March, 1967.
3. Where do William and Kate vacation in Chapter 21?
4. In what year does Abel's burned hotel reopen?
5. Who was injured when his troop crossed the Rhine River?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Florentyna's fake first name?
2. Who begins traveling with Abel when he returns from war?
3. What does Abel name his first child?
4. Who hires a private detective on behalf of William to investigate Abel?
5. To which chapter in the Bible does Abel refer when William calls to set an appointment with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do William and Abel both attend the grand opening of Florentyna's alone, without their families?
2. What upsets Abel and provokes him to become a Congressional lobbyist?
3. What does Richard worry about telling his father about his new love, Jessie Kovats?
4. Explain how Abel "dumped" his airline stock. What resulted?
5. Why is Abel not surprised to see the media when he returns home from Turkey? Why is the media really waiting at the airport for him?
6. How does Abel feel about the revenge he has had against William? How does it affect his family-life?
7. When was a press conference scheduled to announce a bank merger between Lester and Kane and Cabot, and why was it canceled?
8. Why does Abel contribute to John Kennedy's presidential campaign?
9. Why does Richard get so angry when he sees his girlfriend charging items on credit?
10. Why does Abel ask Melanie Leroy to leave her stockings and garters on when they have sex after Abel returns from war?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)