|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives at the shack where Abel's foster family once lived?
2. Who does Abel fire after William calls him?
(a) His banker.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His board member.
(d) His lawyer.
3. Why hasn't William left his house alone for a long time?
(a) Because of his depression.
(b) Because of his body guards.
(c) Because of his health.
(d) Because he is retired.
4. Who is named the chairman of Lester Bank in Chapter 23?
(a) Henry Osborne.
(b) William Kane.
(c) Charles Lester.
(d) Matthew Lester.
5. Who does Abel decide to pay $1 million to buy his shares in William's bank?
(a) Susan Lester.
(b) Peter Parfitt.
(c) Ted Leach.
(d) Charles Lester.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does William feel about the reopening of Abel's burned hotel?
2. What is Florentyna's fake first name?
3. Who is interested in selling stock in Lester, Kane and Company?
4. How long does Abel confine himself to his penthouse?
5. Who rescues a young captain whose troop has been hit by Nazi soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abel feel about the revenge he has had against William? How does it affect his family-life?
2. Why does Richard get so angry when he sees his girlfriend charging items on credit?
3. Explain when and why William and Kate get married.
4. What does Richard worry about telling his father about his new love, Jessie Kovats?
5. What was Abel's plea and what her his charges in the bribery and corruption case against him?
6. How does Henry Osborne die and what statement does his death make?
7. Why does Abel put Henry Osborne in charge of the Kane account?
8. Who recommends William for the position of chairman at Lester Bank and why?
9. Why does Abel contribute to John Kennedy's presidential campaign?
10. What is Hodgkin's Disease and who in this book is diagnosed with it?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)