|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in a photo with Abel at the grand opening of his burned hotel?
(a) William Kane.
(b) Matthew Lester.
(c) Henry Osborne.
(d) Davis Leroy.
2. Who was injured when his troop crossed the Rhine River?
3. How many charges of bribery and corruption of a public official does Abel face?
4. How long does Abel confine himself to his penthouse?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 90 days.
(c) 40 days and nights.
(d) 1 year.
5. Who funds the young person's business idea?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not attend the grand opening of New York Florentyna's with the family?
2. According to an unreliable source, who is William's competition for his new position?
3. Who does Abel appoint to the board of directors for his hotel chain?
4. Who hosts a party in Chapter 21?
5. Who turned 21 in 1953?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richard get so angry when he sees his girlfriend charging items on credit?
2. Who recommends William for the position of chairman at Lester Bank and why?
3. What are the three reasons Abel and his daughter visit Europe when she completes high school?
4. Discuss Abel's military career. What did he want out of it and what did he get out of it?
5. Why does Florentyna reject her father's offer to manage all the hotel gift shops in his chain?
6. How does Abel feel about the revenge he has had against William? How does it affect his family-life?
7. What does Richard worry about telling his father about his new love, Jessie Kovats?
8. Explain how Abel "dumped" his airline stock. What resulted?
9. How does Florentyna manage to get a job on her own merits?
10. How does Abel remember Davis Leroy when he rebuilds his Chicago hotel and why?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)