|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in a photo with Abel at the grand opening of his burned hotel?
(a) Davis Leroy.
(b) Henry Osborne.
(c) Matthew Lester.
(d) William Kane.
2. Who rushes with Abel to Florentyna's apartment after the father and daughter fight?
3. Who faces charges of conspiracy to defraud?
(a) William Kane.
(b) George Kovats.
(c) Thaddeus Cohen.
(d) Henry Osborne.
4. What does Abel name his first child?
5. Which young character is an entrepreneur?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry Osborne testify for in court?
2. To which chapter in the Bible does Abel refer when William calls to set an appointment with him?
3. In Chapter 23, who befriends William and invites him to dinner to discuss business?
4. What is Florentyna's fake last name?
5. Who rescues a young captain whose troop has been hit by Nazi soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Abel's military career. What did he want out of it and what did he get out of it?
2. What is the obvious reason that William is glad to see Abel's success in reopening the Chicago hotel?
3. What does Richard worry about telling his father about his new love, Jessie Kovats?
4. Discuss the Biblical reference of this book.
5. Explain when and why William and Kate get married.
6. Why does Florentyna reject her father's offer to manage all the hotel gift shops in his chain?
7. What was Abel's plea and what her his charges in the bribery and corruption case against him?
8. Why does Abel contribute to John Kennedy's presidential campaign?
9. What does Osborne's defeat for re-election mean to Abel?
10. When does William realize he has known Abel for a very long time? What made him realize it?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)