|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to an unreliable source, who is William's competition for his new position?
(a) Charles Lester.
(b) Henry Osborne.
(c) Peter Parfitt.
(d) Ted Leach.
2. When he decides to become proactive against Abel, to whom does William give a sum of money?
(a) Abel himself.
(b) A thug he knows.
(c) A Congressman.
(d) His lawyer.
3. How does William feel about the reopening of Abel's burned hotel?
4. Who led the Communist witch hunt in the United States?
(a) Thomas Cohen.
(b) Joseph McCarthy.
(c) Abel Rosnovski.
(d) Henry Osborne.
5. What is the name of Abel's personal banker?
(a) Matthew Lester.
(b) William Kane.
(c) Curtis Fenton.
(d) Tony Simmons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which agency investigates Abel after the airline crash?
2. When they leave the grand opening, where does the family find William?
3. In how many states is Abel accused of bribery and corruption of a public official?
4. Who tells William of Matthew's illness?
5. Who falls in love with Florentyna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Florentyna reject her father's offer to manage all the hotel gift shops in his chain?
2. What does Osborne's defeat for re-election mean to Abel?
3. When does William realize he has known Abel for a very long time? What made him realize it?
4. What does Richard worry about telling his father about his new love, Jessie Kovats?
5. When was a press conference scheduled to announce a bank merger between Lester and Kane and Cabot, and why was it canceled?
6. How does Abel feel about the revenge he has had against William? How does it affect his family-life?
7. Why does Abel contribute to John Kennedy's presidential campaign?
8. How does Abel remember Davis Leroy when he rebuilds his Chicago hotel and why?
9. Who recommends William for the position of chairman at Lester Bank and why?
10. Why does Richard get so angry when he sees his girlfriend charging items on credit?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)