|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Abel's personal banker?
(a) Curtis Fenton.
(b) Matthew Lester.
(c) Tony Simmons.
(d) William Kane.
2. In how many states is Abel accused of bribery and corruption of a public official?
3. Who was the president of the United States that uplifted the spirit of Americans in Chapter 22?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) Richard Nixon.
4. Who does Abel refuse to see in Chapter 41?
5. What is Florentyna's fake first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abel confine himself to his penthouse?
2. At the time when Abel asks for a political appointment, how many stores has his daughter opened?
3. Which floor does Abel omit from his rebuilt burned hotel?
4. Which bank chairman dies in Chapter 23?
5. How does Abel aggravate William after an airline crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abel remember Davis Leroy when he rebuilds his Chicago hotel and why?
2. Why does Richard get so angry when he sees his girlfriend charging items on credit?
3. How does Henry Osborne die and what statement does his death make?
4. What does Osborne's defeat for re-election mean to Abel?
5. Why does Florentyna reject her father's offer to manage all the hotel gift shops in his chain?
6. Who recommends William for the position of chairman at Lester Bank and why?
7. Why does Abel contribute to John Kennedy's presidential campaign?
8. What does Richard worry about telling his father about his new love, Jessie Kovats?
9. What is the obvious reason that William is glad to see Abel's success in reopening the Chicago hotel?
10. What upsets Abel and provokes him to become a Congressional lobbyist?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)