|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which floor does Abel omit from his rebuilt burned hotel?
2. Who does Abel refuse to see in Chapter 41?
3. Who is Florentyna's work partner?
4. What is William's first son's middle name?
5. In what year does Abel's burned hotel reopen?
Short Answer Questions
1. When they leave the grand opening, where does the family find William?
2. At the time when Abel asks for a political appointment, how many stores has his daughter opened?
3. What is Thomas Cohen's son's name?
4. What is Matthew's illness?
5. What is Henry Osborne's job in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do William and Abel both attend the grand opening of Florentyna's alone, without their families?
2. Why does Abel put Henry Osborne in charge of the Kane account?
3. How does Abel feel about the revenge he has had against William? How does it affect his family-life?
4. What secret is Matthew keeping from his father and why?
5. When does William realize he has known Abel for a very long time? What made him realize it?
6. What is Hodgkin's Disease and who in this book is diagnosed with it?
7. How does Henry Osborne die and what statement does his death make?
8. Discuss the Biblical reference of this book.
9. Why does Richard get so angry when he sees his girlfriend charging items on credit?
10. What upsets Abel and provokes him to become a Congressional lobbyist?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)