|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry Osborne testify for in court?
(b) The state.
(c) No one.
2. When does the New York Florentyna's open?
(a) April, 1966.
(b) January, 1967.
(c) March, 1967.
(d) October, 1966.
3. How long does Abel confine himself to his penthouse?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 90 days.
(c) 40 days and nights.
(d) 1 year.
4. Who rescues a young captain whose troop has been hit by Nazi soldiers?
5. How much money does William spend in order to become proactive against Abel?
(d) $2 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, who befriends William and invites him to dinner to discuss business?
2. Who does Abel refuse to see in Chapter 41?
3. What is Thomas Cohen's son's name?
4. Who led the Communist witch hunt in the United States?
5. When they leave the grand opening, where does the family find William?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Osborne's defeat for re-election mean to Abel?
2. Why do William and Abel both attend the grand opening of Florentyna's alone, without their families?
3. What secret is Matthew keeping from his father and why?
4. When was a press conference scheduled to announce a bank merger between Lester and Kane and Cabot, and why was it canceled?
5. What is the obvious reason that William is glad to see Abel's success in reopening the Chicago hotel?
6. Explain when and why William and Kate get married.
7. Explain how Abel "dumped" his airline stock. What resulted?
8. Why does Abel ask Melanie Leroy to leave her stockings and garters on when they have sex after Abel returns from war?
9. Discuss Abel's military career. What did he want out of it and what did he get out of it?
10. Discuss the Biblical reference of this book.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)