|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is William's first son's middle name?
2. Who was injured when his troop crossed the Rhine River?
3. Who is named the chairman of Lester Bank in Chapter 23?
(a) Charles Lester.
(b) Henry Osborne.
(c) William Kane.
(d) Matthew Lester.
4. To which chapter in the Bible does Abel refer when William calls to set an appointment with him?
5. Why does Abel confine himself to his penthouse?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is contagious.
(d) He is depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which university does William's son graduate?
2. Who calls William with news that angers him after he returns from war?
3. Who does Abel refuse to see in Chapter 41?
4. When they leave the grand opening, where does the family find William?
5. According to an unreliable source, who is William's competition for his new position?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard worry about telling his father about his new love, Jessie Kovats?
2. What secret is Matthew keeping from his father and why?
3. What upsets Abel and provokes him to become a Congressional lobbyist?
4. Why does Richard get so angry when he sees his girlfriend charging items on credit?
5. What are the three reasons Abel and his daughter visit Europe when she completes high school?
6. Why does Abel ask Melanie Leroy to leave her stockings and garters on when they have sex after Abel returns from war?
7. Why is Abel not surprised to see the media when he returns home from Turkey? Why is the media really waiting at the airport for him?
8. When was a press conference scheduled to announce a bank merger between Lester and Kane and Cabot, and why was it canceled?
9. Why does Abel ask his banker to buy stock in William's newly merged bank?
10. Why does Florentyna reject her father's offer to manage all the hotel gift shops in his chain?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)