|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Florentyna earn within six months of getting her first job?
(a) Lead trainer.
(c) Department head.
(d) Junior supervisor.
2. What is Matthew's illness?
(a) Hodgkin's Disease.
(b) Black lung.
3. Who lobbies Congress to take a stance against Russia for its control of various European regions?
4. Who is the unreliable source that feeds information to William in Chapter 23?
(a) Charles Lester.
(b) Ted Leach.
(c) Henry Osborne.
(d) Peter Parfitt.
5. In what year does Abel's burned hotel reopen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls William with news that angers him after he returns from war?
2. In which store does Florentyna get her first job?
3. When they leave the grand opening, where does the family find William?
4. Who led the Communist witch hunt in the United States?
5. Why does Abel confine himself to his penthouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three reasons Abel and his daughter visit Europe when she completes high school?
2. Why does Abel ask his banker to buy stock in William's newly merged bank?
3. Who recommends William for the position of chairman at Lester Bank and why?
4. What was Abel's plea and what her his charges in the bribery and corruption case against him?
5. Discuss Abel's military career. What did he want out of it and what did he get out of it?
6. When was a press conference scheduled to announce a bank merger between Lester and Kane and Cabot, and why was it canceled?
7. What does Richard worry about telling his father about his new love, Jessie Kovats?
8. Explain when and why William and Kate get married.
9. How does Abel feel about the revenge he has had against William? How does it affect his family-life?
10. What does Osborne's defeat for re-election mean to Abel?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)