|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abel find when he gets to Florentyna's apartment after the father and daughter fight?
(a) A gun.
(c) A note.
(d) A safe full of money.
2. Who does Abel decide to pay $1 million to buy his shares in William's bank?
(a) Charles Lester.
(b) Ted Leach.
(c) Susan Lester.
(d) Peter Parfitt.
3. What is Florentyna's fake last name?
4. What is Matthew's illness?
(a) Black lung.
(d) Hodgkin's Disease.
5. Who does Abel refuse to see in Chapter 41?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rushes with Abel to Florentyna's apartment after the father and daughter fight?
2. Who has Abel investigated after the airline crash?
3. Which bank chairman dies in Chapter 23?
4. Who was a Chicago alderman?
5. Who is Florentyna's work partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Osborne's defeat for re-election mean to Abel?
2. How does Abel feel about the revenge he has had against William? How does it affect his family-life?
3. What are the three reasons Abel and his daughter visit Europe when she completes high school?
4. Why does Abel contribute to John Kennedy's presidential campaign?
5. Why is Abel not surprised to see the media when he returns home from Turkey? Why is the media really waiting at the airport for him?
6. Who recommends William for the position of chairman at Lester Bank and why?
7. How does Florentyna manage to get a job on her own merits?
8. What is the obvious reason that William is glad to see Abel's success in reopening the Chicago hotel?
9. When does William realize he has known Abel for a very long time? What made him realize it?
10. Explain when and why William and Kate get married.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)