|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a Chicago alderman?
(a) Abel Rosnovski.
(b) Mr. Lester.
(c) Henry Osborne.
(d) Thomas Cohen.
2. Who does Abel refuse to see in Chapter 41?
3. Who faces charges of conspiracy to defraud?
(a) Thaddeus Cohen.
(b) George Kovats.
(c) William Kane.
(d) Henry Osborne.
4. Who was injured when his troop crossed the Rhine River?
5. In Chapter 23, who befriends William and invites him to dinner to discuss business?
(a) Peter Parfitt.
(b) Henry Osborne.
(c) Abel Rosnovski.
(d) Charles Lester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abel decide to pay $1 million to buy his shares in William's bank?
2. Who makes a deal with the government and is set to testify against Abel?
3. Who does Abel ask for a political appointment as Polish Ambassador?
4. What is the name of Abel's personal banker?
5. Which young character is an entrepreneur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abel feel about the revenge he has had against William? How does it affect his family-life?
2. Explain how Abel "dumped" his airline stock. What resulted?
3. What does Osborne's defeat for re-election mean to Abel?
4. When was a press conference scheduled to announce a bank merger between Lester and Kane and Cabot, and why was it canceled?
5. Why does Florentyna reject her father's offer to manage all the hotel gift shops in his chain?
6. Why does Abel ask his banker to buy stock in William's newly merged bank?
7. Why does Abel ask Melanie Leroy to leave her stockings and garters on when they have sex after Abel returns from war?
8. What does Richard worry about telling his father about his new love, Jessie Kovats?
9. Why does Abel contribute to John Kennedy's presidential campaign?
10. What is Hodgkin's Disease and who in this book is diagnosed with it?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)