|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is baby Wladek's birth defect?
(a) He has half of a pinky finger.
(b) He has one nipple.
(c) He has no chin.
(d) He has one eyebrow.
2. What is William's favorite subject in school?
(c) Foreign language.
3. What happens when William's boss is sent to manage the London bank branch?
(a) William gets fired.
(b) William appeals, saying he wants to go to London.
(c) William gets passed up for a promotion.
(d) William gets promoted.
4. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
5. How many acres does the Baron leave to his heir?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wladek's birthdate?
2. Who takes care of baby Wladek?
3. Who denies William's request to hire his best friend as his assistant?
4. Who digs the Baron's grave?
5. How much money does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Florentyna honor her father after his death?
2. What secret is Matthew keeping from his father and why?
3. Why does Abel contribute to John Kennedy's presidential campaign?
4. How does Florentyna manage to get a job on her own merits?
5. Describe the first time Abel makes note of Henry's dishonesty.
6. How does Abel feel about the revenge he has had against William? How does it affect his family-life?
7. Describe the circumstances of Wladek's birth.
8. Why does Abel put Henry Osborne in charge of the Kane account?
9. What is ironic about the first time Melanie Leroy sleeps with Abel after he inherits her father's hotel chain?
10. What was Abel's plea and what her his charges in the bribery and corruption case against him?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)