|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies on the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
(a) The butler.
(b) The carriage driver.
(d) The baron.
2. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
3. Who is Wladek's favorite sibling?
4. What is the cause of Anne's miscarriage?
(a) High blood pressure.
(b) Irregular heart.
(d) A misplaced basket.
5. Where does the Baron go to put his affairs in order?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Wladek how to steal from produce vendors?
2. How many miles is the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
3. Whose leg gets cut in a fight with a Russian soldier?
4. What is the name of the hotel that burns in Chapter 18?
5. Who is Abel's "tutor" regarding intimate relations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What helps William recover from the devastation of his father's death?
2. Why does Abel have sex with Melanie Leroy shortly after inheriting her father's hotel chain?
3. What is ironic about the first time Melanie Leroy sleeps with Abel after he inherits her father's hotel chain?
4. How does Wladek come to live in the castle?
5. What is Wladek's birth defect and how do his foster parents explain it?
6. How does Wladek discover he is the Baron's second son?
7. Explain how Wladek finds his way to the Polish Consul.
8. Describe the circumstances of Wladek's birth.
9. Why does Abel meet with William after Davis Leroy's death?
10. Describe the first time Abel makes note of Henry's dishonesty.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)