|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cottages does the Baron leave to his heir?
2. In what country is Wladek born?
3. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
(a) Kennedy had been shot.
(b) The Titanic sank.
(c) The Hindenburg burst into flames.
(d) Wall Street collapsed.
4. At which school holiday does Wladek learn he is not a natural brother to his siblings?
(c) Spring break.
5. Where does the Baron go to put his affairs in order?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the waitress Abel starts dating in Chapter 18?
2. What was the hotel arsonist's former occupation?
3. Who dies while William is in college?
4. Who was the arsonist that started the hotel fire?
5. Where is Florentyna buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wladek acquire his inheritance?
2. How does Wladek come to live in the castle?
3. Discuss William's finances and financial goals set during his junior year in college.
4. When is Wladek christened? How is the christening celebrated?
5. Discuss Davis Leroy's financial difficulties and how they end.
6. How does Wladek acquire his limp?
7. What helps William recover from the devastation of his father's death?
8. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
9. In addition to his night studies in English, what other tutoring does Abel seek and why?
10. When does William kick Henry out of the Kane house?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)