|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the second man to ask Abel to manage his hotel?
(a) Davis Leroy.
(b) Henry Osborne.
(c) David Maxton.
(d) William Kane.
2. Who is the first person to seduce William?
(a) A maid at his friend's house.
(b) His tutor's wife.
(c) A cafeteria lady from college.
(d) His English teacher.
3. Which college does William attend?
(a) Oklahoma State.
4. Who does Abel assume is his anonymous financial backer?
5. How old is William when he travels with his mother and father to Europe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abel meet with in Chapter 17 to discuss his options regarding the hotel chain?
2. Who dies while William is in college?
3. Who teaches Wladek how to steal from produce vendors?
4. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
5. Where does the Baron go to put his affairs in order?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Wladek finds his way to the Polish Consul.
2. How does Abel use his first job at a hotel to build wealth?
3. Discuss Davis Leroy's financial difficulties and how they end.
4. What does Anne receive of the family fortune when Richard dies?
5. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
6. How does Abel make his way to Chicago from New York?
7. Explain how Richard dies and why his wife and child do not also die.
8. How does Wladek come to live in the castle?
9. Discuss William's finances and financial goals set during his junior year in college.
10. Discuss the board vote when considering William and Simmons for the chairman position at the bank.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)