|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
(a) The Titanic sank.
(b) The Hindenburg burst into flames.
(c) Wall Street collapsed.
(d) Kennedy had been shot.
2. Who commits suicide in Chapter 16?
3. How much money does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
(a) 200 dollars.
(b) 54 ruble.
(c) 39 yen.
(d) 39 dollars.
4. At which school holiday does Wladek learn he is not a natural brother to his siblings?
(a) Spring break.
5. What is the first title William holds in the banking industry?
(a) Junior marketing specialist.
(b) Vice president of acquisitions.
(c) Vice president of marketing.
(d) Junior director of investments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does young William's second money making scheme anger?
2. In Chapter 20, who seduces Abel despite her recent rejection of his affection?
3. Where does the Baron go to put his affairs in order?
4. What happens when William's boss is sent to manage the London bank branch?
5. What is the name of the camp to which Wladek and the other prisoners are taken when they leave the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Abel's plea and what her his charges in the bribery and corruption case against him?
2. When does William realize he has known Abel for a very long time? What made him realize it?
3. Explain how Abel "dumped" his airline stock. What resulted?
4. Why does Abel contribute to John Kennedy's presidential campaign?
5. Why is Anne growing more anxious in Chapter 10?
6. Explain how Richard dies and why his wife and child do not also die.
7. How does Henry Osborne die and what statement does his death make?
8. How does Wladek come to live in the castle?
9. Why does Abel have sex with Melanie Leroy shortly after inheriting her father's hotel chain?
10. Explain when and why William and Kate get married.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)