|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers Abel a job as assistant manager of his Chicago hotel?
(a) Mr. Lester.
(b) Mr. Osborne.
(d) Davis Leroy.
2. Who does Abel meet with in Chapter 17 to discuss his options regarding the hotel chain?
3. What is William's favorite subject in school?
(c) Foreign language.
4. Who is Wladek's favorite sibling?
5. Who beats William out of a promotion in Chapter 19?
(a) Abel Rosnovski.
(b) David Maxwell.
(c) Matthew Lester.
(d) Tony Simmons.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which school holiday does Wladek learn he is not a natural brother to his siblings?
2. Who plans Wladek's escape from the prisoner of war camp?
3. In Chapter 20, who seduces Abel despite her recent rejection of his affection?
4. Who were the Baron and the boys going to hide from?
5. How many acres does the Baron leave to his heir?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Davis Leroy's financial difficulties and how they end.
2. Describe the circumstances of Wladek's birth.
3. Describe the first time Abel makes note of Henry's dishonesty.
4. Why does Abel meet with William after Davis Leroy's death?
5. Describe William Kane's birth.
6. How does Abel use his first job at a hotel to build wealth?
7. How does Wladek come to live in the castle?
8. In addition to his night studies in English, what other tutoring does Abel seek and why?
9. Explain how Richard dies and why his wife and child do not also die.
10. Explain how Wladek finds his way to the Polish Consul.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)