Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commits suicide in Chapter 16?
2. Who does Abel assume is his anonymous financial backer?
3. How many acres does the Baron leave to his heir?
4. Who takes care of baby Wladek?
(a) A king.
(d) A queen.
5. How does William meet the love he encounters in Chapter 15?
(a) She is a client.
(b) At a bank social function.
(c) In class.
(d) She is his new neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, from what floor does the character commit suicide by jumping from the window?
2. Who wants to be equal to the "Williams of the world?"
3. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
4. How old is William when he travels with his mother and father to Europe?
5. Who does Abel blame for the suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anne growing more anxious in Chapter 10?
2. Who gets Abel's silver bracelet when he dies and what is the significance of passing along the bracelet?
3. Why does Abel contribute to John Kennedy's presidential campaign?
4. How does Wladek acquire his inheritance?
5. How does Abel use his first job at a hotel to build wealth?
6. When does William kick Henry out of the Kane house?
7. Explain why Davis Leroy's daughter initially rejects Abel's physical advances. What is her advice to Abel?
8. What is Wladek's birth defect and how do his foster parents explain it?
9. In addition to his night studies in English, what other tutoring does Abel seek and why?
10. Discuss Abel's military career. What did he want out of it and what did he get out of it?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)