|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kate move to in Chapter 19?
(c) Long Island.
2. Who finds baby Wladek?
(a) A young hunter.
(b) A nurse.
(c) The king.
(d) An explorer.
3. How many suicide letters did the person who jumped leave behind?
4. What was William's monetary goal in college?
(a) To start a dress shop for his mother to work in and manage.
(b) To earn $1 million himself before graduating.
(c) To sell matchbooks.
(d) To make money writing papers for his friends.
5. Why was Wladek's job changed to kitchen duty?
(a) As extra punishment for fighting.
(b) Because he was a model citizen.
(c) It was random -- just his turn.
(d) Because of his bad leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
2. Which soldiers were responsible for the rape and subsequent death of Florentyna?
3. Whose leg gets cut in a fight with a Russian soldier?
4. What is Wladek's birthdate?
5. Who wants to be equal to the "Williams of the world?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss William's finances and financial goals set during his junior year in college.
2. Describe the first time Abel makes note of Henry's dishonesty.
3. How does Abel use his first job at a hotel to build wealth?
4. How does Wladek acquire his inheritance?
5. Describe the circumstances of Wladek's birth.
6. How does Abel make his way to Chicago from New York?
7. How does Wladek come to live in the castle?
8. Describe William Kane's birth.
9. Explain how Wladek finds his way to the Polish Consul.
10. How does Wladek acquire his limp?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)