|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Abel's "tutor" regarding intimate relations?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His sister.
(d) A preacher.
2. How old is William when he travels with his mother and father to Europe?
3. Who commits suicide in Chapter 16?
4. What does William collect in one of his first money making ventures?
(a) Baseball cards.
(d) Theater programs.
5. What is the name of the Baron's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Baron say about Wladek's birth defect?
2. What is Wladek's birthdate?
3. Who does Abel blame for the suicide?
4. At which school holiday does Wladek learn he is not a natural brother to his siblings?
5. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wladek discover he is the Baron's second son?
2. Discuss William's finances and financial goals set during his junior year in college.
3. Discuss the board vote when considering William and Simmons for the chairman position at the bank.
4. Describe the first time Abel makes note of Henry's dishonesty.
5. Why is Anne growing more anxious in Chapter 10?
6. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
7. How does Wladek acquire his limp?
8. What is ironic about the first time Melanie Leroy sleeps with Abel after he inherits her father's hotel chain?
9. How does Anne meet her second husband?
10. Why does Abel have sex with Melanie Leroy shortly after inheriting her father's hotel chain?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)