|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Wladek have at the camp before being promoted to kitchen duty?
(a) Assisting the Russians.
(b) Cleaning cabins.
(c) Chopping wood.
(d) Digging latrines.
2. Who dies while William is in college?
(a) Mr. Abbot.
(b) His grandmothers.
(c) Mr. Lester.
(d) Henry Osborne.
3. At what age does William receive his full inheritance?
4. Who plans Wladek's escape from the prisoner of war camp?
(b) A sympathetic Russian soldier.
(d) The doctor.
5. Who is Abel's "tutor" regarding intimate relations?
(a) His best friend.
(b) A preacher.
(c) His sister.
(d) A prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second man to ask Abel to manage his hotel?
2. What is William's birthdate?
3. How many castles does the Baron leave to his heir?
4. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
5. Who is Anne's best friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abel make his way to Chicago from New York?
2. How does Wladek acquire his limp?
3. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
4. How does Anne meet her second husband?
5. In addition to his night studies in English, what other tutoring does Abel seek and why?
6. What helps William recover from the devastation of his father's death?
7. Discuss the board vote when considering William and Simmons for the chairman position at the bank.
8. When does William kick Henry out of the Kane house?
9. Explain why Davis Leroy's daughter initially rejects Abel's physical advances. What is her advice to Abel?
10. Discuss William's finances and financial goals set during his junior year in college.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)