|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which college does William attend?
(b) Oklahoma State.
2. What job is Wladek's sister given in the castle?
(c) Kitchen work.
(d) House cleaning.
3. In what country is Wladek born?
4. What job did Wladek have at the camp before being promoted to kitchen duty?
(a) Assisting the Russians.
(b) Cleaning cabins.
(c) Chopping wood.
(d) Digging latrines.
5. Who takes care of baby Wladek?
(a) A king.
(c) A queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Florentyna buried?
2. What is the first title William holds in the banking industry?
3. Where is baby Wladek born?
4. How many acres does the Baron leave to his heir?
5. How much insurance money does Abel receive for the damage to the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What upsets Abel and provokes him to become a Congressional lobbyist?
2. What is the obvious reason that William is glad to see Abel's success in reopening the Chicago hotel?
3. Why does Abel ask his banker to buy stock in William's newly merged bank?
4. Why does Abel put Henry Osborne in charge of the Kane account?
5. What is ironic about the first time Melanie Leroy sleeps with Abel after he inherits her father's hotel chain?
6. Who recommends William for the position of chairman at Lester Bank and why?
7. Describe William Kane's birth.
8. Discuss William's finances and financial goals set during his junior year in college.
9. What does Anne receive of the family fortune when Richard dies?
10. What helps William recover from the devastation of his father's death?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)