|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Baron say about Wladek's birth defect?
(a) It is the sign of a demon.
(b) It is the mark of God.
(c) It is just a fluke.
(d) It is the mark of his father.
2. Who does Abel meet with in Chapter 17 to discuss his options regarding the hotel chain?
3. Who denies William's request to hire his best friend as his assistant?
(a) Mr. Kane.
(b) Mr. Abbot.
(c) Mr. Loyd.
(d) Mr. Cabot.
4. What is the name of the hotel that burns in Chapter 18?
(c) Davis Inn.
(d) Chicago Richmond.
5. How much insurance money does Abel receive for the damage to the hotel?
(a) $2 million.
(d) $1.2 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does young William's second money making scheme anger?
2. What is the name of the camp to which Wladek and the other prisoners are taken when they leave the castle?
3. Who were the Baron and the boys going to hide from?
4. What is the first title William holds in the banking industry?
5. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
2. Why does Abel have sex with Melanie Leroy shortly after inheriting her father's hotel chain?
3. What helps William recover from the devastation of his father's death?
4. Explain how Wladek finds his way to the Polish Consul.
5. How does Anne meet her second husband?
6. In addition to his night studies in English, what other tutoring does Abel seek and why?
7. How does Abel use his first job at a hotel to build wealth?
8. Why does Abel meet with William after Davis Leroy's death?
9. Why is Anne growing more anxious in Chapter 10?
10. How does Wladek come to live in the castle?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)