|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anne's best friend?
2. How many suicide letters did the person who jumped leave behind?
3. Who does Abel meet with in Chapter 17 to discuss his options regarding the hotel chain?
4. Who wants to be equal to the "Williams of the world?"
5. In what country is Wladek born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wladek's mother die?
2. Who is Wladek's favorite sibling?
3. Who takes care of baby Wladek?
4. Who does young William's second money making scheme anger?
5. What kind of prestigious award does William win that calls for a celebration in New York City?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne receive of the family fortune when Richard dies?
2. How does Wladek acquire his inheritance?
3. Describe William Kane's birth.
4. Discuss the board vote when considering William and Simmons for the chairman position at the bank.
5. Explain how Richard dies and why his wife and child do not also die.
6. Discuss Davis Leroy's financial difficulties and how they end.
7. What helps William recover from the devastation of his father's death?
8. Explain why Davis Leroy's daughter initially rejects Abel's physical advances. What is her advice to Abel?
9. When does William kick Henry out of the Kane house?
10. Explain how Wladek finds his way to the Polish Consul.
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)