|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plans Wladek's escape from the prisoner of war camp?
(a) A sympathetic Russian soldier.
(c) The doctor.
2. What gift does the family receive after Wladek's christening?
(a) A hen.
(b) A calf.
(c) A goat.
(d) A goose.
3. In Chapter 20, who seduces Abel despite her recent rejection of his affection?
(c) Mrs. Robinson.
4. Who commits suicide in Chapter 16?
5. Why was Wladek's job changed to kitchen duty?
(a) Because of his bad leg.
(b) Because he was a model citizen.
(c) It was random -- just his turn.
(d) As extra punishment for fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cottages does the Baron leave to his heir?
2. Where does Wladek sleep when he reaches Odessa?
3. What does William collect in one of his first money making ventures?
4. Who denies William's request to hire his best friend as his assistant?
5. Who offers Abel a job as assistant manager of his Chicago hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abel make his way to Chicago from New York?
2. In addition to his night studies in English, what other tutoring does Abel seek and why?
3. Discuss the board vote when considering William and Simmons for the chairman position at the bank.
4. How does Wladek discover he is the Baron's second son?
5. Why does Abel meet with William after Davis Leroy's death?
6. How does Anne meet her second husband?
7. Describe William Kane's birth.
8. How does Wladek acquire his inheritance?
9. How does William meet Kate?
10. What is Wladek's birth defect and how do his foster parents explain it?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)