|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which soldiers were responsible for the rape and subsequent death of Florentyna?
2. What does the Baron say about Wladek's birth defect?
(a) It is the sign of a demon.
(b) It is the mark of God.
(c) It is just a fluke.
(d) It is the mark of his father.
3. Who is the first person to seduce William?
(a) His tutor's wife.
(b) A cafeteria lady from college.
(c) A maid at his friend's house.
(d) His English teacher.
4. What is the name of the hotel that burns in Chapter 18?
(a) Chicago Richmond.
(d) Davis Inn.
5. How many miles is the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does William meet the love he encounters in Chapter 15?
2. Who does Abel marry?
3. What kind of prestigious award does William win that calls for a celebration in New York City?
4. What is baby William's middle name?
5. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first time Abel makes note of Henry's dishonesty.
2. Discuss the board vote when considering William and Simmons for the chairman position at the bank.
3. Why is Anne growing more anxious in Chapter 10?
4. How does Wladek discover he is the Baron's second son?
5. When does William kick Henry out of the Kane house?
6. In addition to his night studies in English, what other tutoring does Abel seek and why?
7. How does Anne meet her second husband?
8. Why does Abel have sex with Melanie Leroy shortly after inheriting her father's hotel chain?
9. Describe the circumstances of Wladek's birth.
10. How does William meet Kate?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)