|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does William receive his full inheritance?
2. Who were the Baron and the boys going to hide from?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The bill collectors.
(d) The Germans.
3. Who is Wladek's favorite sibling?
4. Who does Abel assume is his anonymous financial backer?
5. Who digs the Baron's grave?
(d) Two servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Abel and his wife do immediately upon getting married?
2. Who offers Abel a job as assistant manager of his Chicago hotel?
3. Where does the Baron go to put his affairs in order?
4. Who denies William's request to hire his best friend as his assistant?
5. How much money must Abel come up with to keep the hotel chain?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does William kick Henry out of the Kane house?
2. How does William meet Kate?
3. Why does Abel meet with William after Davis Leroy's death?
4. Describe William Kane's birth.
5. What helps William recover from the devastation of his father's death?
6. Discuss William's finances and financial goals set during his junior year in college.
7. How does Abel make his way to Chicago from New York?
8. Discuss Davis Leroy's financial difficulties and how they end.
9. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
10. Discuss the board vote when considering William and Simmons for the chairman position at the bank.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)