|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first title William holds in the banking industry?
(a) Vice president of acquisitions.
(b) Junior marketing specialist.
(c) Vice president of marketing.
(d) Junior director of investments.
2. How many acres does the Baron leave to his heir?
3. Who offers Abel a job as assistant manager of his Chicago hotel?
(b) Mr. Osborne.
(c) Davis Leroy.
(d) Mr. Lester.
4. Who discovers baby Wladek's birth defect?
5. Who dies on the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
(a) The baron.
(c) The butler.
(d) The carriage driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anne's best friend?
2. How does Wladek's mother die?
3. At which school holiday does Wladek learn he is not a natural brother to his siblings?
4. Who does Abel assume is his anonymous financial backer?
5. Who wants to be equal to the "Williams of the world?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abel have sex with Melanie Leroy shortly after inheriting her father's hotel chain?
2. How does Anne meet her second husband?
3. Discuss William's finances and financial goals set during his junior year in college.
4. Describe the circumstances of Wladek's birth.
5. How does Abel make his way to Chicago from New York?
6. How does Wladek acquire his limp?
7. Describe the first time Abel makes note of Henry's dishonesty.
8. Why is Anne growing more anxious in Chapter 10?
9. How does Wladek come to live in the castle?
10. What does Anne receive of the family fortune when Richard dies?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)