|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Wladek's favorite sibling?
2. Why was Wladek's job changed to kitchen duty?
(a) Because of his bad leg.
(b) It was random -- just his turn.
(c) As extra punishment for fighting.
(d) Because he was a model citizen.
3. How does William meet the love he encounters in Chapter 15?
(a) At a bank social function.
(b) In class.
(c) She is a client.
(d) She is his new neighbor.
4. What does William collect in one of his first money making ventures?
(b) Theater programs.
(c) Baseball cards.
5. What gift does the family receive after Wladek's christening?
(a) A hen.
(b) A goat.
(c) A calf.
(d) A goose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Wladek have at the camp before being promoted to kitchen duty?
2. What gift does the dying Baron give to Wladek?
3. Who were the Baron and the boys going to hide from?
4. Who takes care of baby Wladek?
5. Who teaches Wladek how to steal from produce vendors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Wladek finds his way to the Polish Consul.
2. How does Abel use his first job at a hotel to build wealth?
3. Explain how Richard dies and why his wife and child do not also die.
4. What is Wladek's birth defect and how do his foster parents explain it?
5. What does Anne receive of the family fortune when Richard dies?
6. Describe the first time Abel makes note of Henry's dishonesty.
7. Discuss Davis Leroy's financial difficulties and how they end.
8. Discuss the board vote when considering William and Simmons for the chairman position at the bank.
9. When is Wladek christened? How is the christening celebrated?
10. What is ironic about the first time Melanie Leroy sleeps with Abel after he inherits her father's hotel chain?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)