|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anne's best friend?
2. Who beats William out of a promotion in Chapter 19?
(a) Matthew Lester.
(b) David Maxwell.
(c) Tony Simmons.
(d) Abel Rosnovski.
3. Who does Abel marry?
(b) Mrs. Robinson.
4. Who offers Abel a job as assistant manager of his Chicago hotel?
(a) Mr. Osborne.
(c) Mr. Lester.
(d) Davis Leroy.
5. Who is shot in the back of the head during a raid on the castle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William's birthdate?
2. What job did Wladek have at the camp before being promoted to kitchen duty?
3. At what age does William receive his full inheritance?
4. Where does Wladek sleep when he reaches Odessa?
5. Who is Wladek's favorite sibling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss William's finances and financial goals set during his junior year in college.
2. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
3. When does William kick Henry out of the Kane house?
4. Describe William Kane's birth.
5. When is Wladek christened? How is the christening celebrated?
6. Why does Abel have sex with Melanie Leroy shortly after inheriting her father's hotel chain?
7. How does Wladek come to live in the castle?
8. Explain how Richard dies and why his wife and child do not also die.
9. How does Abel use his first job at a hotel to build wealth?
10. How does Wladek acquire his limp?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)