|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the dying Baron give to Wladek?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A silver bracelet.
(d) A gold bracelet.
2. How much insurance money does Abel receive for the damage to the hotel?
(a) $1.2 million.
(d) $2 million.
3. Which "southern lady" rejects Abel's physical advances?
(a) The woman at the grocery store.
(b) Leroy's daughter.
(c) A waitress in his hotel.
(d) A blind date George set him up with.
4. What disguise does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
(b) A tux.
(c) An old guard uniform.
(d) The suit from his mother's funeral.
5. How many suicide letters did the person who jumped leave behind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abel blame for the suicide?
2. Who takes care of baby Wladek?
3. Where is baby William born?
4. Who denies William's request to hire his best friend as his assistant?
5. Who finds baby Wladek?
Short Essay Questions
1. What helps William recover from the devastation of his father's death?
2. What is Wladek's birth defect and how do his foster parents explain it?
3. How does Wladek acquire his limp?
4. Discuss Davis Leroy's financial difficulties and how they end.
5. Why does Abel meet with William after Davis Leroy's death?
6. How does Wladek come to live in the castle?
7. How does Wladek discover he is the Baron's second son?
8. What is ironic about the first time Melanie Leroy sleeps with Abel after he inherits her father's hotel chain?
9. What does Anne receive of the family fortune when Richard dies?
10. Why is Anne growing more anxious in Chapter 10?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)