|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who beats William out of a promotion in Chapter 19?
(a) Matthew Lester.
(b) Tony Simmons.
(c) David Maxwell.
(d) Abel Rosnovski.
2. Which soldiers were responsible for the rape and subsequent death of Florentyna?
3. How many acres does the Baron leave to his heir?
4. What is Wladek's birthdate?
(a) April 15, 1886.
(b) April 18, 1906.
(c) March 15, 1906.
(d) March 14, 1886.
5. Which college does William attend?
(c) Oklahoma State.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the $5 million contract for that Henry Osborne "secured?"
2. Who digs the Baron's grave?
3. Who does William fall in love with in Chapter 15?
4. Who is shot in the back of the head during a raid on the castle?
5. Who plans Wladek's escape from the prisoner of war camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abel meet with William after Davis Leroy's death?
2. Discuss Davis Leroy's financial difficulties and how they end.
3. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
4. How does Abel use his first job at a hotel to build wealth?
5. Describe William Kane's birth.
6. Explain why Davis Leroy's daughter initially rejects Abel's physical advances. What is her advice to Abel?
7. Discuss the board vote when considering William and Simmons for the chairman position at the bank.
8. Discuss William's finances and financial goals set during his junior year in college.
9. What helps William recover from the devastation of his father's death?
10. How does William meet Kate?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)