|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is baby Wladek's birth defect?
(a) He has one nipple.
(b) He has one eyebrow.
(c) He has no chin.
(d) He has half of a pinky finger.
2. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
3. What does William collect in one of his first money making ventures?
(a) Theater programs.
(b) Baseball cards.
4. What is the name of the hotel that burns in Chapter 18?
(c) Davis Inn.
(d) Chicago Richmond.
5. Where does Kate move to in Chapter 19?
(c) Long Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hit with the butt of a gun during a raid on the castle?
2. What is the name of the Baron's son?
3. How many miles is the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
4. Who is shot in the back of the head during a raid on the castle?
5. At which school holiday does Wladek learn he is not a natural brother to his siblings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss William's finances and financial goals set during his junior year in college.
2. Describe the first time Abel makes note of Henry's dishonesty.
3. How does Abel use his first job at a hotel to build wealth?
4. Explain how Wladek finds his way to the Polish Consul.
5. Describe the circumstances of Wladek's birth.
6. How does Wladek discover he is the Baron's second son?
7. Discuss the board vote when considering William and Simmons for the chairman position at the bank.
8. Why is Anne growing more anxious in Chapter 10?
9. How does Wladek acquire his limp?
10. What is Wladek's birth defect and how do his foster parents explain it?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)