Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, from what floor does the character commit suicide by jumping from the window?
2. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
3. What was the $5 million contract for that Henry Osborne "secured?"
(a) To build a casino.
(b) To buy a vacation home for his mistress.
(c) To open a new business.
(d) To build a new hospital.
4. What do Abel and his wife do immediately upon getting married?
(a) Buy a hotel.
(b) Buy a car.
(c) Buy a house.
(d) Get pregnant.
5. Where does the Baron go to put his affairs in order?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of prestigious award does William win that calls for a celebration in New York City?
2. How many miles is the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
3. Who digs the Baron's grave?
4. Who plans Wladek's escape from the prisoner of war camp?
5. What was William's monetary goal in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne meet her second husband?
2. What is Hodgkin's Disease and who in this book is diagnosed with it?
3. In addition to his night studies in English, what other tutoring does Abel seek and why?
4. How does Florentyna honor her father after his death?
5. Why is Abel not surprised to see the media when he returns home from Turkey? Why is the media really waiting at the airport for him?
6. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
7. How does Henry Osborne die and what statement does his death make?
8. How does Abel use his first job at a hotel to build wealth?
9. How does Wladek acquire his limp?
10. Discuss Abel's military career. What did he want out of it and what did he get out of it?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)