|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Baron's son?
2. In Chapter 16, from what floor does the character commit suicide by jumping from the window?
3. How much money does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
(a) 200 dollars.
(b) 39 yen.
(c) 54 ruble.
(d) 39 dollars.
4. Who does Abel meet with in Chapter 17 to discuss his options regarding the hotel chain?
5. Where does Kate move to in Chapter 19?
(b) Long Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is shot in the back of the head during a raid on the castle?
2. What is William's birthdate?
3. What gift does the family receive after Wladek's christening?
4. Who is the first person to seduce William?
5. At which school holiday does Wladek learn he is not a natural brother to his siblings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
2. Describe William Kane's birth.
3. How does Wladek acquire his inheritance?
4. What is Wladek's birth defect and how do his foster parents explain it?
5. Why does Abel have sex with Melanie Leroy shortly after inheriting her father's hotel chain?
6. Explain how Wladek finds his way to the Polish Consul.
7. Describe the first time Abel makes note of Henry's dishonesty.
8. How does Wladek discover he is the Baron's second son?
9. How does Anne meet her second husband?
10. How does William meet Kate?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)