|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of prestigious award does William win that calls for a celebration in New York City?
2. Where is Florentyna buried?
(a) At her family home.
(b) Next to Leon.
(c) Next to the Baron.
(d) She isn't buried.
3. Who finds baby Wladek?
(a) A nurse.
(b) An explorer.
(c) A young hunter.
(d) The king.
4. What was the hotel arsonist's former occupation?
(a) Head waiter in the hotel's restaurant.
(b) Manager at a rival hotel.
(c) Bus boy at that hotel.
(d) Manager of that hotel.
5. Which "southern lady" rejects Abel's physical advances?
(a) A blind date George set him up with.
(b) The woman at the grocery store.
(c) A waitress in his hotel.
(d) Leroy's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of Anne's miscarriage?
2. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
3. What does William collect in one of his first money making ventures?
4. What gift does the dying Baron give to Wladek?
5. How does William meet the love he encounters in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the board vote when considering William and Simmons for the chairman position at the bank.
2. What does Anne receive of the family fortune when Richard dies?
3. How does Abel use his first job at a hotel to build wealth?
4. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
5. Explain why Davis Leroy's daughter initially rejects Abel's physical advances. What is her advice to Abel?
6. How does Wladek discover he is the Baron's second son?
7. Describe the circumstances of Wladek's birth.
8. Describe William Kane's birth.
9. Discuss Davis Leroy's financial difficulties and how they end.
10. When does William kick Henry out of the Kane house?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)