|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the waitress Abel starts dating in Chapter 18?
2. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
(a) Wall Street collapsed.
(b) Kennedy had been shot.
(c) The Titanic sank.
(d) The Hindenburg burst into flames.
3. Who wants to be equal to the "Williams of the world?"
4. Who is hit with the butt of a gun during a raid on the castle?
5. In Chapter 16, from what floor does the character commit suicide by jumping from the window?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which chapter do William and Abel first meet face-to-face for business?
2. Who plans Wladek's escape from the prisoner of war camp?
3. Why was Wladek's job changed to kitchen duty?
4. Who is Wladek's favorite sibling?
5. Who was the arsonist that started the hotel fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wladek acquire his inheritance?
2. Describe the first time Abel makes note of Henry's dishonesty.
3. What helps William recover from the devastation of his father's death?
4. How does Anne meet her second husband?
5. Describe the circumstances of Wladek's birth.
6. How does Abel make his way to Chicago from New York?
7. In addition to his night studies in English, what other tutoring does Abel seek and why?
8. Why does Abel meet with William after Davis Leroy's death?
9. Explain young William's luggage scheme.
10. How does William meet Kate?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)