|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Wladek how to steal from produce vendors?
(a) A helpful woman.
(d) No one.
2. What kind of prestigious award does William win that calls for a celebration in New York City?
3. How old is William when he travels with his mother and father to Europe?
4. Who finds baby Wladek?
(a) An explorer.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A young hunter.
(d) The king.
5. How much money does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
(a) 200 dollars.
(b) 39 dollars.
(c) 39 yen.
(d) 54 ruble.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, who seduces Abel despite her recent rejection of his affection?
2. What is the name of the camp to which Wladek and the other prisoners are taken when they leave the castle?
3. Who is Wladek's favorite sibling?
4. How many acres does the Baron leave to his heir?
5. Who commits suicide in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abel have sex with Melanie Leroy shortly after inheriting her father's hotel chain?
2. Discuss William's finances and financial goals set during his junior year in college.
3. Describe the first time Abel makes note of Henry's dishonesty.
4. How does Florentyna honor her father after his death?
5. Who gets Abel's silver bracelet when he dies and what is the significance of passing along the bracelet?
6. Explain how Abel "dumped" his airline stock. What resulted?
7. How does Abel remember Davis Leroy when he rebuilds his Chicago hotel and why?
8. How does Anne meet her second husband?
9. Explain how Richard dies and why his wife and child do not also die.
10. When William grows concerned about Abel buying stock in the bank, he phones him. What does William mean when he tells Abel he has a personal matter to discuss that involves only the two of them? Why does William say that?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)