|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Abel ask for a political appointment as Polish Ambassador?
2. What does William's son major in at college?
3. Who comes in late, drunk most of the time, in Chapter 21?
4. How long does Abel confine himself to his penthouse?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 90 days.
(c) 40 days and nights.
(d) 6 months.
5. What does William say about his grandchildren when he first meets them?
(a) He loves them even though their other grandfather is a jerk.
(b) They look just like their mother.
(c) They look just like their father.
(d) Nothing. He doesn't meet them.
6. Where does Abel relocate his headquarters to when he gets divorced?
(b) New York.
7. Who falls in love with Florentyna?
(c) A stalker.
8. How does William feel about the reopening of Abel's burned hotel?
9. Who does Abel appoint to the board of directors for his hotel chain?
(a) Henry Osborne.
(b) Thomas Cohen.
(c) Tony Simmons.
(d) William Kane.
10. Who hosts a party in Chapter 21?
(a) William and Kate.
(b) Dr. MacKenzie.
11. Who does Abel fire after William calls him?
(a) His banker.
(b) His board member.
(c) His secretary.
(d) His lawyer.
12. Which young character is an entrepreneur?
13. Who has Abel investigated after the airline crash?
14. Who hires a private detective on behalf of William to investigate Abel?
(a) Matthew Lester.
(b) William himself.
(d) Thomas Cohen.
15. In which store does Florentyna get her first job?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells William of Matthew's illness?
2. Who led the Communist witch hunt in the United States?
3. To which chapter in the Bible does Abel refer when William calls to set an appointment with him?
4. Which floor does Abel omit from his rebuilt burned hotel?
5. Where do William and Kate vacation in Chapter 21?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)