|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which university does William's son graduate?
2. What item does Abel wear that allows William to recognize him?
(b) Tie with Polish flag on it.
(c) Silver band.
(d) Baseball cap.
3. How do William and Abel greet each other when they meet on the streets of New York?
(a) Tip of the hat.
(b) Hand shake.
(c) Throwing punches.
(d) Raging fits of cursing.
4. Who is actually William's competition for his new position in Chapter 23?
(a) Peter Parfitt.
(b) Henry Osborne.
(c) Ted Leach.
(d) Charles Lester.
5. Who is named the chairman of Lester Bank in Chapter 23?
(a) Charles Lester.
(b) Matthew Lester.
(c) William Kane.
(d) Henry Osborne.
6. Who does Abel refuse to see in Chapter 41?
7. Who is in a photo with Abel at the grand opening of his burned hotel?
(a) Henry Osborne.
(b) Matthew Lester.
(c) Davis Leroy.
(d) William Kane.
8. In Chapter 22, what does the president of the United States do to uplift the spirit of Americans?
(a) Whistle stop tour.
(b) State of the union address on TV.
(c) Fireside chat.
(d) Signs a treaty.
9. What project does William's bank sponsor for $30 million?
(a) A new hotel chain.
(b) An airline company.
(c) A railway system.
(d) A media company.
10. Who is Florentyna's work partner?
11. Who bought six percent of the shares in William's bank?
12. How much money does William spend in order to become proactive against Abel?
(a) $2 million.
13. Who was injured when his troop crossed the Rhine River?
14. How does William feel about the reopening of Abel's burned hotel?
15. Who falls in love with Florentyna?
(a) A stalker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which floor does Abel omit from his rebuilt burned hotel?
2. According to an unreliable source, who is William's competition for his new position?
3. In Chapter 23, who befriends William and invites him to dinner to discuss business?
4. Why does William hurry home from the grand opening?
5. Who turned 21 in 1953?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)