|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not attend the grand opening of New York Florentyna's with the family?
(a) Kate Kane.
(b) Lucy Kane.
(c) Richard Kane.
(d) William Kane.
2. Who is named the chairman of Lester Bank in Chapter 23?
(a) William Kane.
(b) Charles Lester.
(c) Matthew Lester.
(d) Henry Osborne.
3. How does William feel about the reopening of Abel's burned hotel?
4. Which bank chairman dies in Chapter 23?
(a) Henry Osborne.
(b) William Kane.
(c) Tony Simmons.
(d) Charles Lester.
5. Who does Abel ask for a political appointment as Polish Ambassador?
6. In how many states is Abel accused of bribery and corruption of a public official?
7. How much money does William spend in order to become proactive against Abel?
(a) $2 million.
8. Who comes in late, drunk most of the time, in Chapter 21?
9. Where is Abel returning from when he is met by tons of media at the airport?
10. Who rushes with Abel to Florentyna's apartment after the father and daughter fight?
11. In which department do Florentyna and her partner begin working?
12. Why does Abel confine himself to his penthouse?
(a) He is contagious.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is depressed.
13. How do William and Abel greet each other when they meet on the streets of New York?
(a) Throwing punches.
(b) Tip of the hat.
(c) Raging fits of cursing.
(d) Hand shake.
14. In which store does Florentyna get her first job?
15. Who does Abel decide to pay $1 million to buy his shares in William's bank?
(a) Charles Lester.
(b) Peter Parfitt.
(c) Susan Lester.
(d) Ted Leach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abel name his first child?
2. Who hires a private detective on behalf of William to investigate Abel?
3. At the time when Abel asks for a political appointment, how many stores has his daughter opened?
4. Who begins traveling with Abel when he returns from war?
5. What is Thomas Cohen's son's name?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)