|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not attend the grand opening of New York Florentyna's with the family?
(a) Richard Kane.
(b) Lucy Kane.
(c) Kate Kane.
(d) William Kane.
2. What is Matthew's illness?
(a) Hodgkin's Disease.
(b) Black lung.
3. Why hasn't William left his house alone for a long time?
(a) Because of his depression.
(b) Because of his body guards.
(c) Because of his health.
(d) Because he is retired.
4. To which chapter in the Bible does Abel refer when William calls to set an appointment with him?
5. What does William say about his grandchildren when he first meets them?
(a) They look just like their mother.
(b) Nothing. He doesn't meet them.
(c) He loves them even though their other grandfather is a jerk.
(d) They look just like their father.
6. Who is in a photo with Abel at the grand opening of his burned hotel?
(a) Matthew Lester.
(b) William Kane.
(c) Henry Osborne.
(d) Davis Leroy.
7. Who hosts a party in Chapter 21?
(b) Dr. MacKenzie.
(d) William and Kate.
8. When does the New York Florentyna's open?
(a) October, 1966.
(b) March, 1967.
(c) January, 1967.
(d) April, 1966.
9. What is Thomas Cohen's son's name?
(c) Thomas Jr.
10. On what street is the New York Florentyna's?
(b) Fifth Avenue.
(c) 42nd Street.
(d) Wall Street.
11. In Chapter 23, who befriends William and invites him to dinner to discuss business?
(a) Henry Osborne.
(b) Abel Rosnovski.
(c) Charles Lester.
(d) Peter Parfitt.
12. What is Florentyna's fake last name?
13. Who does Abel fire after William calls him?
(a) His banker.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His lawyer.
(d) His board member.
14. Why does Abel confine himself to his penthouse?
(a) He is contagious.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is depressed.
15. How do William and Abel greet each other when they meet on the streets of New York?
(a) Throwing punches.
(b) Hand shake.
(c) Tip of the hat.
(d) Raging fits of cursing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hires a private detective on behalf of William to investigate Abel?
2. Who comes in late, drunk most of the time, in Chapter 21?
3. In which department do Florentyna and her partner begin working?
4. At the time when Abel asks for a political appointment, how many stores has his daughter opened?
5. From which university does William's son graduate?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)