|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is baby Wladek's birth defect?
(a) He has no chin.
(b) He has one eyebrow.
(c) He has half of a pinky finger.
(d) He has one nipple.
2. How many miles is the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
3. Who is the second man to ask Abel to manage his hotel?
(a) Davis Leroy.
(b) David Maxton.
(c) Henry Osborne.
(d) William Kane.
4. What is Wladek's birthdate?
(a) April 15, 1886.
(b) April 18, 1906.
(c) March 15, 1906.
(d) March 14, 1886.
5. What happens when William's boss is sent to manage the London bank branch?
(a) William gets fired.
(b) William gets promoted.
(c) William gets passed up for a promotion.
(d) William appeals, saying he wants to go to London.
6. What was William's monetary goal in college?
(a) To earn $1 million himself before graduating.
(b) To start a dress shop for his mother to work in and manage.
(c) To make money writing papers for his friends.
(d) To sell matchbooks.
7. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
(a) The Titanic sank.
(b) Kennedy had been shot.
(c) Wall Street collapsed.
(d) The Hindenburg burst into flames.
8. Which "southern lady" rejects Abel's physical advances?
(a) The woman at the grocery store.
(b) A blind date George set him up with.
(c) A waitress in his hotel.
(d) Leroy's daughter.
9. What job did Wladek have at the camp before being promoted to kitchen duty?
(a) Digging latrines.
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Cleaning cabins.
(d) Assisting the Russians.
10. Who beats William out of a promotion in Chapter 19?
(a) Matthew Lester.
(b) Abel Rosnovski.
(c) Tony Simmons.
(d) David Maxwell.
11. Where is baby William born?
(a) In a jungle.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In a forest.
(d) In a taxi.
12. How many cottages does the Baron leave to his heir?
13. Who were the Baron and the boys going to hide from?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The bill collectors.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Germans.
14. What is the cause of Anne's miscarriage?
(b) Irregular heart.
(c) A misplaced basket.
(d) High blood pressure.
15. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to seduce William?
2. Who digs the Baron's grave?
3. Who plans Wladek's escape from the prisoner of war camp?
4. Whose leg gets cut in a fight with a Russian soldier?
5. Who is Wladek's favorite sibling?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)