|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the arsonist that started the hotel fire?
(a) An unknown man.
(c) Henry Osborne.
(d) Desmond Pacey.
2. What gift does the dying Baron give to Wladek?
(a) A gold bracelet.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A silver bracelet.
3. What is William's birthdate?
(a) April 15, 1886.
(b) April 18, 1906.
(c) March 14, 1886.
(d) March 15, 1906.
4. Who does William fall in love with in Chapter 15?
(a) The bank president's daughter.
(b) His teacher.
5. Who were the Baron and the boys going to hide from?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The bill collectors.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Americans.
6. Who is Anne's best friend?
7. Who is shot in the back of the head during a raid on the castle?
8. How old is William when he travels with his mother and father to Europe?
9. Who beats William out of a promotion in Chapter 19?
(a) Tony Simmons.
(b) David Maxwell.
(c) Abel Rosnovski.
(d) Matthew Lester.
10. Who wants to be equal to the "Williams of the world?"
11. What is Wladek's birthdate?
(a) March 15, 1906.
(b) March 14, 1886.
(c) April 18, 1906.
(d) April 15, 1886.
12. How much insurance money does Abel receive for the damage to the hotel?
(a) $1.2 million.
(c) $2 million.
13. Who is the first person to seduce William?
(a) His tutor's wife.
(b) A cafeteria lady from college.
(c) A maid at his friend's house.
(d) His English teacher.
14. Who is the second man to ask Abel to manage his hotel?
(a) Henry Osborne.
(b) Davis Leroy.
(c) David Maxton.
(d) William Kane.
15. How many miles is the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William collect in one of his first money making ventures?
2. Who does Abel assume is his anonymous financial backer?
3. How does Wladek's mother die?
4. What is baby William's middle name?
5. Who does Abel marry?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)