|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Abel assume is his anonymous financial backer?
2. Where does the Baron go to put his affairs in order?
3. How many castles does the Baron leave to his heir?
4. Who digs the Baron's grave?
(a) Two servants.
5. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
6. Who dies while William is in college?
(a) His grandmothers.
(b) Mr. Lester.
(c) Mr. Abbot.
(d) Henry Osborne.
7. Who does Abel blame for the suicide?
(a) The daughter.
(b) The economy.
(d) The Banker.
8. How does Wladek's mother die?
(a) In childbirth.
(b) In the war.
(c) From cancer.
(d) Domestic violence.
9. Who discovers baby Wladek's birth defect?
10. Who does young William's second money making scheme anger?
(a) Taxi drivers.
(b) The train conductor.
(c) His grandmothers.
(d) His father.
11. What happens when William's boss is sent to manage the London bank branch?
(a) William gets fired.
(b) William gets promoted.
(c) William gets passed up for a promotion.
(d) William appeals, saying he wants to go to London.
12. Who is hit with the butt of a gun during a raid on the castle?
13. What was William's monetary goal in college?
(a) To start a dress shop for his mother to work in and manage.
(b) To sell matchbooks.
(c) To earn $1 million himself before graduating.
(d) To make money writing papers for his friends.
14. How old is William when he travels with his mother and father to Europe?
15. Which soldiers were responsible for the rape and subsequent death of Florentyna?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Abel and his wife do immediately upon getting married?
2. How much money does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
3. Who is Abel's "tutor" regarding intimate relations?
4. Who does Abel marry?
5. How many acres does the Baron leave to his heir?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)