|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
(a) The Titanic sank.
(b) Kennedy had been shot.
(c) The Hindenburg burst into flames.
(d) Wall Street collapsed.
2. Why was Wladek's job changed to kitchen duty?
(a) As extra punishment for fighting.
(b) It was random -- just his turn.
(c) Because of his bad leg.
(d) Because he was a model citizen.
3. What is William's favorite subject in school?
(b) Foreign language.
4. Which "southern lady" rejects Abel's physical advances?
(a) Leroy's daughter.
(b) The woman at the grocery store.
(c) A waitress in his hotel.
(d) A blind date George set him up with.
5. Who teaches Wladek how to steal from produce vendors?
(b) A helpful woman.
(d) No one.
6. What was the $5 million contract for that Henry Osborne "secured?"
(a) To buy a vacation home for his mistress.
(b) To open a new business.
(c) To build a new hospital.
(d) To build a casino.
7. Who offers Abel a job as assistant manager of his Chicago hotel?
(a) Mr. Osborne.
(b) Mr. Lester.
(d) Davis Leroy.
8. At which school holiday does Wladek learn he is not a natural brother to his siblings?
(a) Spring break.
9. In what country is Wladek born?
10. Who denies William's request to hire his best friend as his assistant?
(a) Mr. Abbot.
(b) Mr. Loyd.
(c) Mr. Kane.
(d) Mr. Cabot.
11. How much insurance money does Abel receive for the damage to the hotel?
(a) $2 million.
(b) $1.2 million.
12. Who were the Baron and the boys going to hide from?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The bill collectors.
13. What happens when William's boss is sent to manage the London bank branch?
(a) William gets fired.
(b) William gets passed up for a promotion.
(c) William appeals, saying he wants to go to London.
(d) William gets promoted.
14. Who does Abel marry?
(d) Mrs. Robinson.
15. How old is William when he travels with his mother and father to Europe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Wladek have at the camp before being promoted to kitchen duty?
2. Who is hit with the butt of a gun during a raid on the castle?
3. In which chapter do William and Abel first meet face-to-face for business?
4. How many castles does the Baron leave to his heir?
5. In Chapter 20, who seduces Abel despite her recent rejection of his affection?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)