|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does William fall in love with in Chapter 15?
(a) His teacher.
(b) The bank president's daughter.
2. Who digs the Baron's grave?
(c) Two servants.
3. Who takes care of baby Wladek?
(a) A queen.
(b) A king.
4. How old is William when he travels with his mother and father to Europe?
5. In which chapter do William and Abel first meet face-to-face for business?
(a) Chapter 12.
(b) Chapter 21.
(c) Chapter 15.
(d) Chapter 6.
6. Who beats William out of a promotion in Chapter 19?
(a) Abel Rosnovski.
(b) David Maxwell.
(c) Matthew Lester.
(d) Tony Simmons.
7. Who denies William's request to hire his best friend as his assistant?
(a) Mr. Loyd.
(b) Mr. Abbot.
(c) Mr. Cabot.
(d) Mr. Kane.
8. Who does Abel blame for the suicide?
(a) The Banker.
(c) The economy.
(d) The daughter.
9. In Chapter 16, from what floor does the character commit suicide by jumping from the window?
10. Where does Wladek sleep when he reaches Odessa?
(a) An old train car.
(b) In an alley.
(c) With a helpful family.
(d) Under a bridge.
11. Which "southern lady" rejects Abel's physical advances?
(a) Leroy's daughter.
(b) A blind date George set him up with.
(c) A waitress in his hotel.
(d) The woman at the grocery store.
12. What do Abel and his wife do immediately upon getting married?
(a) Buy a hotel.
(b) Buy a house.
(c) Buy a car.
(d) Get pregnant.
13. What is the name of the hotel that burns in Chapter 18?
(a) Davis Inn.
(d) Chicago Richmond.
14. How many castles does the Baron leave to his heir?
15. What was the value of William's family trust when he received his full inheritance?
(a) $21 million.
(b) $32 million.
(c) $2.1 billion.
(d) $18 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to seduce William?
2. How does Wladek's mother die?
3. What gift does the family receive after Wladek's christening?
4. Who does Abel marry?
5. Where does Kate move to in Chapter 19?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)