|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commits suicide in Chapter 16?
2. What is baby Wladek's birth defect?
(a) He has one nipple.
(b) He has half of a pinky finger.
(c) He has no chin.
(d) He has one eyebrow.
3. What job did Wladek have at the camp before being promoted to kitchen duty?
(a) Chopping wood.
(b) Assisting the Russians.
(c) Digging latrines.
(d) Cleaning cabins.
4. How does Wladek's mother die?
(a) In childbirth.
(b) In the war.
(c) From cancer.
(d) Domestic violence.
5. Where is baby William born?
(a) In a jungle.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In a taxi.
(d) In a forest.
6. Who does Abel meet with in Chapter 17 to discuss his options regarding the hotel chain?
7. What was the $5 million contract for that Henry Osborne "secured?"
(a) To buy a vacation home for his mistress.
(b) To open a new business.
(c) To build a casino.
(d) To build a new hospital.
8. What was the value of William's family trust when he received his full inheritance?
(a) $32 million.
(b) $2.1 billion.
(c) $21 million.
(d) $18 million.
9. How many miles is the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
10. How old is William when he travels with his mother and father to Europe?
11. How many acres does the Baron leave to his heir?
12. What does the Baron say about Wladek's birth defect?
(a) It is the mark of his father.
(b) It is the mark of God.
(c) It is just a fluke.
(d) It is the sign of a demon.
13. What job is Wladek's sister given in the castle?
(b) House cleaning.
(d) Kitchen work.
14. Who discovers baby Wladek's birth defect?
15. Who dies on the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
(a) The baron.
(c) The butler.
(d) The carriage driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which soldiers were responsible for the rape and subsequent death of Florentyna?
2. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
3. Where is Florentyna buried?
4. Who finds baby Wladek?
5. Who offers Abel a job as assistant manager of his Chicago hotel?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)