|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cottages does the Baron leave to his heir?
2. What job did Wladek have at the camp before being promoted to kitchen duty?
(a) Digging latrines.
(b) Assisting the Russians.
(c) Chopping wood.
(d) Cleaning cabins.
3. What was the hotel arsonist's former occupation?
(a) Bus boy at that hotel.
(b) Manager at a rival hotel.
(c) Manager of that hotel.
(d) Head waiter in the hotel's restaurant.
4. Whose leg gets cut in a fight with a Russian soldier?
(a) The butler.
(c) The cook.
5. Who digs the Baron's grave?
(b) Two servants.
6. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
7. Where is baby Wladek born?
(a) In a forest.
(b) In a castle.
(c) In a jungle.
(d) In a community hospital.
8. What is the name of the Baron's son?
9. Where is Florentyna buried?
(a) She isn't buried.
(b) Next to Leon.
(c) At her family home.
(d) Next to the Baron.
10. What job is Wladek's sister given in the castle?
(b) House cleaning.
(c) Kitchen work.
11. What gift does the dying Baron give to Wladek?
(a) A gold coin.
(b) A silver bracelet.
(c) A gold ring.
(d) A gold bracelet.
12. In Chapter 20, who seduces Abel despite her recent rejection of his affection?
(c) Mrs. Robinson.
13. Which soldiers were responsible for the rape and subsequent death of Florentyna?
14. Who does Abel assume is his anonymous financial backer?
15. Who offers Abel a job as assistant manager of his Chicago hotel?
(a) Mr. Lester.
(b) Davis Leroy.
(c) Mr. Osborne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the waitress Abel starts dating in Chapter 18?
2. What is the name of the camp to which Wladek and the other prisoners are taken when they leave the castle?
3. What was William's monetary goal in college?
4. What is Wladek's birthdate?
5. Who is hit with the butt of a gun during a raid on the castle?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)