|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the $5 million contract for that Henry Osborne "secured?"
(a) To build a casino.
(b) To build a new hospital.
(c) To buy a vacation home for his mistress.
(d) To open a new business.
2. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
3. What is the first title William holds in the banking industry?
(a) Junior director of investments.
(b) Vice president of acquisitions.
(c) Vice president of marketing.
(d) Junior marketing specialist.
4. What kind of prestigious award does William win that calls for a celebration in New York City?
5. Who dies while William is in college?
(a) Mr. Lester.
(b) His grandmothers.
(c) Henry Osborne.
(d) Mr. Abbot.
6. What gift does the family receive after Wladek's christening?
(a) A calf.
(b) A goose.
(c) A goat.
(d) A hen.
7. How does Wladek's mother die?
(a) From cancer.
(b) Domestic violence.
(c) In the war.
(d) In childbirth.
8. Who takes care of baby Wladek?
(a) A queen.
(d) A king.
9. Where is baby Wladek born?
(a) In a forest.
(b) In a castle.
(c) In a jungle.
(d) In a community hospital.
10. Who does William fall in love with in Chapter 15?
(c) His teacher.
(d) The bank president's daughter.
11. What is the cause of Anne's miscarriage?
(b) A misplaced basket.
(c) Irregular heart.
(d) High blood pressure.
12. Which soldiers were responsible for the rape and subsequent death of Florentyna?
13. Who offers Abel a job as assistant manager of his Chicago hotel?
(a) Mr. Lester.
(b) Mr. Osborne.
(d) Davis Leroy.
14. What disguise does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
(b) The suit from his mother's funeral.
(c) An old guard uniform.
(d) A tux.
15. What was the value of William's family trust when he received his full inheritance?
(a) $18 million.
(b) $2.1 billion.
(c) $32 million.
(d) $21 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money must Abel come up with to keep the hotel chain?
2. Who plans Wladek's escape from the prisoner of war camp?
3. How many castles does the Baron leave to his heir?
4. What is the name of the Baron's son?
5. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)