|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who denies William's request to hire his best friend as his assistant?
(a) Mr. Loyd.
(b) Mr. Cabot.
(c) Mr. Abbot.
(d) Mr. Kane.
2. Who does Abel marry?
(d) Mrs. Robinson.
3. How many suicide letters did the person who jumped leave behind?
4. Who does Abel meet with in Chapter 17 to discuss his options regarding the hotel chain?
5. Where does Kate move to in Chapter 19?
(d) Long Island.
6. Who digs the Baron's grave?
(a) Two servants.
7. What is baby Wladek's birth defect?
(a) He has one nipple.
(b) He has no chin.
(c) He has one eyebrow.
(d) He has half of a pinky finger.
8. Who teaches Wladek how to steal from produce vendors?
(b) No one.
(d) A helpful woman.
9. Who is Abel's "tutor" regarding intimate relations?
(a) His sister.
(b) His best friend.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A preacher.
10. How many cottages does the Baron leave to his heir?
11. Who is hit with the butt of a gun during a raid on the castle?
12. In what country is Wladek born?
13. In Chapter 20, who seduces Abel despite her recent rejection of his affection?
(b) Mrs. Robinson.
14. How much money must Abel come up with to keep the hotel chain?
(a) $2 billion.
(d) $2 million.
15. How many miles is the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does William receive his full inheritance?
2. Who is the first person to seduce William?
3. What is the cause of Anne's miscarriage?
4. What does William collect in one of his first money making ventures?
5. Which college does William attend?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)