|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which soldiers were responsible for the rape and subsequent death of Florentyna?
2. Which "southern lady" rejects Abel's physical advances?
(a) A waitress in his hotel.
(b) The woman at the grocery store.
(c) A blind date George set him up with.
(d) Leroy's daughter.
3. Who is Abel's "tutor" regarding intimate relations?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) His sister.
(c) His best friend.
(d) A preacher.
4. Where does Kate move to in Chapter 19?
(a) Long Island.
5. Who dies on the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
(a) The baron.
(c) The butler.
(d) The carriage driver.
6. How many castles does the Baron leave to his heir?
7. Who beats William out of a promotion in Chapter 19?
(a) David Maxwell.
(b) Matthew Lester.
(c) Tony Simmons.
(d) Abel Rosnovski.
8. In which chapter do William and Abel first meet face-to-face for business?
(a) Chapter 12.
(b) Chapter 6.
(c) Chapter 21.
(d) Chapter 15.
9. How much money must Abel come up with to keep the hotel chain?
(a) $2 million.
(c) $2 billion.
10. Who offers Abel a job as assistant manager of his Chicago hotel?
(b) Davis Leroy.
(c) Mr. Lester.
(d) Mr. Osborne.
11. What is the name of the camp to which Wladek and the other prisoners are taken when they leave the castle?
(a) Camp 220.
(b) Camp 201.
(c) Camp 102.
(d) Camp 101.
12. How many acres does the Baron leave to his heir?
13. Who teaches Wladek how to steal from produce vendors?
(a) No one.
(b) A helpful woman.
14. Which college does William attend?
(d) Oklahoma State.
15. What job did Wladek have at the camp before being promoted to kitchen duty?
(a) Chopping wood.
(b) Digging latrines.
(c) Cleaning cabins.
(d) Assisting the Russians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wladek sleep when he reaches Odessa?
2. What disguise does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
3. Who does William fall in love with in Chapter 15?
4. Why was Wladek's job changed to kitchen duty?
5. In Chapter 20, who seduces Abel despite her recent rejection of his affection?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)