|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Wladek's job changed to kitchen duty?
(a) It was random -- just his turn.
(b) As extra punishment for fighting.
(c) Because he was a model citizen.
(d) Because of his bad leg.
2. Where does Wladek sleep when he reaches Odessa?
(a) An old train car.
(b) In an alley.
(c) With a helpful family.
(d) Under a bridge.
3. What is baby William's middle name?
4. Which soldiers were responsible for the rape and subsequent death of Florentyna?
5. In Chapter 20, who seduces Abel despite her recent rejection of his affection?
(b) Mrs. Robinson.
6. In Chapter 16, from what floor does the character commit suicide by jumping from the window?
7. Who is the first person to seduce William?
(a) A cafeteria lady from college.
(b) His English teacher.
(c) His tutor's wife.
(d) A maid at his friend's house.
8. Who was the arsonist that started the hotel fire?
(a) An unknown man.
(b) Henry Osborne.
(d) Desmond Pacey.
9. Who does young William's second money making scheme anger?
(a) His grandmothers.
(b) His father.
(c) The train conductor.
(d) Taxi drivers.
10. What is Wladek's birthdate?
(a) April 18, 1906.
(b) March 15, 1906.
(c) April 15, 1886.
(d) March 14, 1886.
11. How many miles is the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
12. Which "southern lady" rejects Abel's physical advances?
(a) The woman at the grocery store.
(b) A blind date George set him up with.
(c) A waitress in his hotel.
(d) Leroy's daughter.
13. What does William collect in one of his first money making ventures?
(a) Theater programs.
(c) Baseball cards.
14. Who denies William's request to hire his best friend as his assistant?
(a) Mr. Kane.
(b) Mr. Abbot.
(c) Mr. Loyd.
(d) Mr. Cabot.
15. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
2. What is baby Wladek's birth defect?
3. Who finds baby Wladek?
4. Which college does William attend?
5. Where is Florentyna buried?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)