Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commits suicide in Chapter 16?
2. Who does Abel assume is his anonymous financial backer?
3. How many acres does the Baron leave to his heir?
4. Who takes care of baby Wladek?
(a) A king.
(d) A queen.
5. How does William meet the love he encounters in Chapter 15?
(a) She is a client.
(b) At a bank social function.
(c) In class.
(d) She is his new neighbor.
6. In Chapter 16, from what floor does the character commit suicide by jumping from the window?
7. Who wants to be equal to the "Williams of the world?"
8. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
(a) The Hindenburg burst into flames.
(b) Wall Street collapsed.
(c) The Titanic sank.
(d) Kennedy had been shot.
9. How old is William when he travels with his mother and father to Europe?
10. Who does Abel blame for the suicide?
(a) The daughter.
(b) The Banker.
(c) The economy.
11. Where does Kate move to in Chapter 19?
(d) Long Island.
12. Who is hit with the butt of a gun during a raid on the castle?
13. What gift does the dying Baron give to Wladek?
(a) A silver bracelet.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) A gold bracelet.
(d) A gold coin.
14. What is the cause of Anne's miscarriage?
(a) Irregular heart.
(c) A misplaced basket.
(d) High blood pressure.
15. What was the hotel arsonist's former occupation?
(a) Bus boy at that hotel.
(b) Manager of that hotel.
(c) Head waiter in the hotel's restaurant.
(d) Manager at a rival hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who beats William out of a promotion in Chapter 19?
2. How many suicide letters did the person who jumped leave behind?
3. What job is Wladek's sister given in the castle?
4. What does the Baron say about Wladek's birth defect?
5. What was William's monetary goal in college?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)