|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers Abel a job as assistant manager of his Chicago hotel?
(a) Davis Leroy.
(b) Mr. Osborne.
(d) Mr. Lester.
2. How much money must Abel come up with to keep the hotel chain?
(a) $2 billion.
(d) $2 million.
3. What is the cause of Anne's miscarriage?
(a) High blood pressure.
(b) A misplaced basket.
(c) Irregular heart.
4. Who is Anne's best friend?
5. How old is William when he travels with his mother and father to Europe?
6. In Chapter 16, from what floor does the character commit suicide by jumping from the window?
7. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
8. What disguise does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
(a) The suit from his mother's funeral.
(b) An old guard uniform.
(d) A tux.
9. Where does Wladek sleep when he reaches Odessa?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) An old train car.
(c) With a helpful family.
(d) In an alley.
10. Why was Wladek's job changed to kitchen duty?
(a) Because of his bad leg.
(b) Because he was a model citizen.
(c) It was random -- just his turn.
(d) As extra punishment for fighting.
11. Who was the arsonist that started the hotel fire?
(b) Desmond Pacey.
(c) Henry Osborne.
(d) An unknown man.
12. Who is the first person to seduce William?
(a) His English teacher.
(b) A cafeteria lady from college.
(c) His tutor's wife.
(d) A maid at his friend's house.
13. What was William's monetary goal in college?
(a) To make money writing papers for his friends.
(b) To earn $1 million himself before graduating.
(c) To sell matchbooks.
(d) To start a dress shop for his mother to work in and manage.
14. Where is baby William born?
(a) In a forest.
(b) In a taxi.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) In a jungle.
15. What is Wladek's birthdate?
(a) April 15, 1886.
(b) April 18, 1906.
(c) March 15, 1906.
(d) March 14, 1886.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers baby Wladek's birth defect?
2. What does William collect in one of his first money making ventures?
3. Who denies William's request to hire his best friend as his assistant?
4. What is baby Wladek's birth defect?
5. What was the $5 million contract for that Henry Osborne "secured?"
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)