Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, from what floor does the character commit suicide by jumping from the window?
2. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
3. What was the $5 million contract for that Henry Osborne "secured?"
(a) To build a casino.
(b) To buy a vacation home for his mistress.
(c) To open a new business.
(d) To build a new hospital.
4. What do Abel and his wife do immediately upon getting married?
(a) Buy a hotel.
(b) Buy a car.
(c) Buy a house.
(d) Get pregnant.
5. Where does the Baron go to put his affairs in order?
6. What kind of prestigious award does William win that calls for a celebration in New York City?
7. How many miles is the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
8. Who digs the Baron's grave?
(d) Two servants.
9. Who plans Wladek's escape from the prisoner of war camp?
(a) The doctor.
(b) A sympathetic Russian soldier.
10. What was William's monetary goal in college?
(a) To make money writing papers for his friends.
(b) To sell matchbooks.
(c) To start a dress shop for his mother to work in and manage.
(d) To earn $1 million himself before graduating.
11. What is Wladek's birthdate?
(a) March 14, 1886.
(b) April 15, 1886.
(c) April 18, 1906.
(d) March 15, 1906.
12. What was the value of William's family trust when he received his full inheritance?
(a) $32 million.
(b) $2.1 billion.
(c) $21 million.
(d) $18 million.
13. Who is Anne's best friend?
14. Who finds baby Wladek?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A young hunter.
(c) An explorer.
(d) The king.
15. What is William's birthdate?
(a) March 15, 1906.
(b) April 15, 1886.
(c) March 14, 1886.
(d) April 18, 1906.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abel assume is his anonymous financial backer?
2. At what age does William receive his full inheritance?
3. How much money does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
4. What happens when William's boss is sent to manage the London bank branch?
5. Who does Abel meet with in Chapter 17 to discuss his options regarding the hotel chain?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)