|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wladek's mother die?
(a) From cancer.
(b) In the war.
(c) Domestic violence.
(d) In childbirth.
2. Who is Wladek's favorite sibling?
3. What was the hotel arsonist's former occupation?
(a) Head waiter in the hotel's restaurant.
(b) Manager of that hotel.
(c) Manager at a rival hotel.
(d) Bus boy at that hotel.
4. Which college does William attend?
(c) Oklahoma State.
5. Who were the Baron and the boys going to hide from?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The bill collectors.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Americans.
6. Which "southern lady" rejects Abel's physical advances?
(a) The woman at the grocery store.
(b) A blind date George set him up with.
(c) Leroy's daughter.
(d) A waitress in his hotel.
7. Who beats William out of a promotion in Chapter 19?
(a) Tony Simmons.
(b) David Maxwell.
(c) Matthew Lester.
(d) Abel Rosnovski.
8. What was the value of William's family trust when he received his full inheritance?
(a) $18 million.
(b) $21 million.
(c) $2.1 billion.
(d) $32 million.
9. Where is baby William born?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In a jungle.
(c) In a forest.
(d) In a taxi.
10. Who digs the Baron's grave?
(d) Two servants.
11. What is William's birthdate?
(a) March 15, 1906.
(b) April 18, 1906.
(c) April 15, 1886.
(d) March 14, 1886.
12. What was William's monetary goal in college?
(a) To make money writing papers for his friends.
(b) To earn $1 million himself before graduating.
(c) To start a dress shop for his mother to work in and manage.
(d) To sell matchbooks.
13. Who does young William's second money making scheme anger?
(a) His grandmothers.
(b) Taxi drivers.
(c) The train conductor.
(d) His father.
14. What gift does the family receive after Wladek's christening?
(a) A calf.
(b) A goat.
(c) A goose.
(d) A hen.
15. What is baby William's middle name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, from what floor does the character commit suicide by jumping from the window?
2. How much money must Abel come up with to keep the hotel chain?
3. Who offers Abel a job as assistant manager of his Chicago hotel?
4. Who commits suicide in Chapter 16?
5. How much money does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)