|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the camp to which Wladek and the other prisoners are taken when they leave the castle?
(a) Camp 101.
(b) Camp 201.
(c) Camp 102.
(d) Camp 220.
2. Who offers Abel a job as assistant manager of his Chicago hotel?
(a) Davis Leroy.
(b) Mr. Lester.
(d) Mr. Osborne.
3. What happens when William's boss is sent to manage the London bank branch?
(a) William gets passed up for a promotion.
(b) William gets promoted.
(c) William appeals, saying he wants to go to London.
(d) William gets fired.
4. Who teaches Wladek how to steal from produce vendors?
(a) A helpful woman.
(b) No one.
5. Who does Abel meet with in Chapter 17 to discuss his options regarding the hotel chain?
6. Who is Anne's best friend?
7. What job did Wladek have at the camp before being promoted to kitchen duty?
(a) Chopping wood.
(b) Digging latrines.
(c) Assisting the Russians.
(d) Cleaning cabins.
8. Which soldiers were responsible for the rape and subsequent death of Florentyna?
9. Who plans Wladek's escape from the prisoner of war camp?
(b) A sympathetic Russian soldier.
(c) The doctor.
10. Where is baby William born?
(a) In a jungle.
(b) In a taxi.
(c) In a forest.
(d) In a hospital.
11. Who is the second man to ask Abel to manage his hotel?
(a) William Kane.
(b) Henry Osborne.
(c) David Maxton.
(d) Davis Leroy.
12. Why was Wladek's job changed to kitchen duty?
(a) As extra punishment for fighting.
(b) Because of his bad leg.
(c) Because he was a model citizen.
(d) It was random -- just his turn.
13. In Chapter 20, who seduces Abel despite her recent rejection of his affection?
(c) Mrs. Robinson.
14. When does Anne miscarry?
(a) In her sixteenth week.
(b) When she falls down a flight of stairs.
(c) When she learns of her husband's death.
(d) In her seventh month.
15. How much money does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
(a) 54 ruble.
(b) 39 yen.
(c) 200 dollars.
(d) 39 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does William receive his full inheritance?
2. Who were the Baron and the boys going to hide from?
3. Who denies William's request to hire his best friend as his assistant?
4. Who does Abel blame for the suicide?
5. Who is shot in the back of the head during a raid on the castle?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)