|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commits suicide in Chapter 16?
2. Who is Abel's "tutor" regarding intimate relations?
(a) His best friend.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) His sister.
(d) A preacher.
3. How does Wladek's mother die?
(a) In childbirth.
(b) Domestic violence.
(c) In the war.
(d) From cancer.
4. Who is shot in the back of the head during a raid on the castle?
5. Who does Abel blame for the suicide?
(a) The daughter.
(b) The economy.
(c) The Banker.
6. Who finds baby Wladek?
(a) A young hunter.
(b) A nurse.
(c) An explorer.
(d) The king.
7. Which "southern lady" rejects Abel's physical advances?
(a) A waitress in his hotel.
(b) The woman at the grocery store.
(c) A blind date George set him up with.
(d) Leroy's daughter.
8. Where is baby Wladek born?
(a) In a jungle.
(b) In a castle.
(c) In a forest.
(d) In a community hospital.
9. Who plans Wladek's escape from the prisoner of war camp?
(a) A sympathetic Russian soldier.
(d) The doctor.
10. Who wants to be equal to the "Williams of the world?"
11. How much money must Abel come up with to keep the hotel chain?
(a) $2 billion.
(c) $2 million.
12. Who takes care of baby Wladek?
(b) A king.
(c) A queen.
13. Where does Kate move to in Chapter 19?
(a) Long Island.
14. Who does Abel marry?
(c) Mrs. Robinson.
15. What is baby William's middle name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Baron go to put his affairs in order?
2. What is the name of the Baron's son?
3. Which soldiers were responsible for the rape and subsequent death of Florentyna?
4. What was the hotel arsonist's former occupation?
5. What gift does the dying Baron give to Wladek?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)