|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many castles does the Baron leave to his heir?
2. What gift does the dying Baron give to Wladek?
(a) A silver bracelet.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) A gold bracelet.
(d) A gold coin.
3. Why was Wladek's job changed to kitchen duty?
(a) It was random -- just his turn.
(b) As extra punishment for fighting.
(c) Because he was a model citizen.
(d) Because of his bad leg.
4. What is baby William's middle name?
5. Who does Abel marry?
(d) Mrs. Robinson.
6. How much insurance money does Abel receive for the damage to the hotel?
(b) $1.2 million.
(c) $2 million.
7. How much money does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
(a) 54 ruble.
(b) 39 dollars.
(c) 200 dollars.
(d) 39 yen.
8. Who does young William's second money making scheme anger?
(a) The train conductor.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandmothers.
(d) Taxi drivers.
9. Where is baby Wladek born?
(a) In a jungle.
(b) In a forest.
(c) In a castle.
(d) In a community hospital.
10. Which "southern lady" rejects Abel's physical advances?
(a) A waitress in his hotel.
(b) Leroy's daughter.
(c) The woman at the grocery store.
(d) A blind date George set him up with.
11. How much money must Abel come up with to keep the hotel chain?
(c) $2 billion.
(d) $2 million.
12. What happens when William's boss is sent to manage the London bank branch?
(a) William gets promoted.
(b) William gets fired.
(c) William appeals, saying he wants to go to London.
(d) William gets passed up for a promotion.
13. What does the Baron say about Wladek's birth defect?
(a) It is the mark of his father.
(b) It is the mark of God.
(c) It is just a fluke.
(d) It is the sign of a demon.
14. Where does Kate move to in Chapter 19?
(a) Long Island.
15. How many acres does the Baron leave to his heir?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is baby William born?
2. Who beats William out of a promotion in Chapter 19?
3. What was the value of William's family trust when he received his full inheritance?
4. What job is Wladek's sister given in the castle?
5. Who digs the Baron's grave?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)