|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is shot in the back of the head during a raid on the castle?
2. Which soldiers were responsible for the rape and subsequent death of Florentyna?
3. Who denies William's request to hire his best friend as his assistant?
(a) Mr. Loyd.
(b) Mr. Cabot.
(c) Mr. Abbot.
(d) Mr. Kane.
4. Who does young William's second money making scheme anger?
(a) His father.
(b) Taxi drivers.
(c) The train conductor.
(d) His grandmothers.
5. How many cottages does the Baron leave to his heir?
6. Who is Anne's best friend?
7. Whose leg gets cut in a fight with a Russian soldier?
(a) The cook.
(b) The butler.
8. Which college does William attend?
(b) Oklahoma State.
9. To whom does the Baron will his kingdom?
10. Who dies on the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
(a) The carriage driver.
(b) The butler.
(c) The baron.
11. Who offers Abel a job as assistant manager of his Chicago hotel?
(a) Davis Leroy.
(b) Mr. Osborne.
(c) Mr. Lester.
12. What disguise does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
(b) A tux.
(c) The suit from his mother's funeral.
(d) An old guard uniform.
13. What is baby William's middle name?
14. What gift does the dying Baron give to Wladek?
(a) A gold bracelet.
(b) A silver bracelet.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A gold ring.
15. Who is the second man to ask Abel to manage his hotel?
(a) David Maxton.
(b) William Kane.
(c) Henry Osborne.
(d) Davis Leroy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much insurance money does Abel receive for the damage to the hotel?
2. What does the Baron say about Wladek's birth defect?
3. Who teaches Wladek how to steal from produce vendors?
4. How many castles does the Baron leave to his heir?
5. Who does William fall in love with in Chapter 15?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)