|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wladek's birthdate?
(a) March 14, 1886.
(b) April 18, 1906.
(c) April 15, 1886.
(d) March 15, 1906.
2. In Chapter 20, who seduces Abel despite her recent rejection of his affection?
(c) Mrs. Robinson.
3. Who were the Baron and the boys going to hide from?
(a) The bill collectors.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Americans.
4. Who does young William's second money making scheme anger?
(a) Taxi drivers.
(b) His father.
(c) The train conductor.
(d) His grandmothers.
5. Who commits suicide in Chapter 16?
6. Who dies while William is in college?
(a) Mr. Lester.
(b) Henry Osborne.
(c) His grandmothers.
(d) Mr. Abbot.
7. What is the name of the hotel that burns in Chapter 18?
(c) Chicago Richmond.
(d) Davis Inn.
8. At which school holiday does Wladek learn he is not a natural brother to his siblings?
(b) Spring break.
9. In which chapter do William and Abel first meet face-to-face for business?
(a) Chapter 12.
(b) Chapter 6.
(c) Chapter 15.
(d) Chapter 21.
10. Who does William fall in love with in Chapter 15?
(a) His teacher.
(b) The bank president's daughter.
11. Who does Abel meet with in Chapter 17 to discuss his options regarding the hotel chain?
12. Who does Abel marry?
(c) Mrs. Robinson.
13. Who is Anne's best friend?
14. Who takes care of baby Wladek?
(a) A queen.
(c) A king.
15. How old is William when he travels with his mother and father to Europe?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country is Wladek born?
2. What disguise does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
3. Who teaches Wladek how to steal from produce vendors?
4. What job is Wladek's sister given in the castle?
5. Who is Wladek's favorite sibling?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)