|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the Baron and the boys going to hide from?
(a) The bill collectors.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Germans.
2. Who is Abel's "tutor" regarding intimate relations?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) His sister.
(c) His best friend.
(d) A preacher.
3. Who does young William's second money making scheme anger?
(a) His grandmothers.
(b) The train conductor.
(c) Taxi drivers.
(d) His father.
4. Who discovers baby Wladek's birth defect?
5. What job is Wladek's sister given in the castle?
(b) House cleaning.
(c) Kitchen work.
6. What is the name of the Baron's son?
7. What is Wladek's birthdate?
(a) April 15, 1886.
(b) March 14, 1886.
(c) April 18, 1906.
(d) March 15, 1906.
8. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
(a) The Hindenburg burst into flames.
(b) Wall Street collapsed.
(c) The Titanic sank.
(d) Kennedy had been shot.
9. Which soldiers were responsible for the rape and subsequent death of Florentyna?
10. At what age does William receive his full inheritance?
11. Who teaches Wladek how to steal from produce vendors?
(b) A helpful woman.
(d) No one.
12. Why was Wladek's job changed to kitchen duty?
(a) Because he was a model citizen.
(b) It was random -- just his turn.
(c) As extra punishment for fighting.
(d) Because of his bad leg.
13. Who plans Wladek's escape from the prisoner of war camp?
(c) A sympathetic Russian soldier.
(d) The doctor.
14. Who does Abel meet with in Chapter 17 to discuss his options regarding the hotel chain?
15. How many miles is the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Wladek have when he ventures to escape?
2. What job did Wladek have at the camp before being promoted to kitchen duty?
3. What is the name of the camp to which Wladek and the other prisoners are taken when they leave the castle?
4. Whose leg gets cut in a fight with a Russian soldier?
5. In what country is Wladek born?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)