|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is baby Wladek's birth defect?
(a) He has one eyebrow.
(b) He has half of a pinky finger.
(c) He has no chin.
(d) He has one nipple.
2. Who digs the Baron's grave?
(a) Two servants.
3. At which school holiday does Wladek learn he is not a natural brother to his siblings?
(d) Spring break.
4. At what age does William receive his full inheritance?
5. Who teaches Wladek how to steal from produce vendors?
(a) A helpful woman.
(b) No one.
6. What was William's monetary goal in college?
(a) To make money writing papers for his friends.
(b) To start a dress shop for his mother to work in and manage.
(c) To sell matchbooks.
(d) To earn $1 million himself before graduating.
7. What is Wladek's birthdate?
(a) April 18, 1906.
(b) March 14, 1886.
(c) March 15, 1906.
(d) April 15, 1886.
8. What is the cause of Anne's miscarriage?
(a) High blood pressure.
(c) Irregular heart.
(d) A misplaced basket.
9. Where is Florentyna buried?
(a) At her family home.
(b) Next to Leon.
(c) She isn't buried.
(d) Next to the Baron.
10. Which "southern lady" rejects Abel's physical advances?
(a) The woman at the grocery store.
(b) Leroy's daughter.
(c) A waitress in his hotel.
(d) A blind date George set him up with.
11. How does Wladek's mother die?
(a) Domestic violence.
(b) In the war.
(c) In childbirth.
(d) From cancer.
12. In what country is Wladek born?
13. Why was Wladek's job changed to kitchen duty?
(a) Because he was a model citizen.
(b) Because of his bad leg.
(c) As extra punishment for fighting.
(d) It was random -- just his turn.
14. Whose leg gets cut in a fight with a Russian soldier?
(a) The butler.
(b) The cook.
15. Who does William fall in love with in Chapter 15?
(c) The bank president's daughter.
(d) His teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cottages does the Baron leave to his heir?
2. Where is baby William born?
3. Who does Abel marry?
4. What is the name of the camp to which Wladek and the other prisoners are taken when they leave the castle?
5. Where is baby Wladek born?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)