|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Baron's son?
2. Who takes care of baby Wladek?
(b) A king.
(c) A queen.
3. Who discovers baby Wladek's birth defect?
4. How much money must Abel come up with to keep the hotel chain?
(a) $2 billion.
(d) $2 million.
5. What is baby William's middle name?
6. What was William's monetary goal in college?
(a) To earn $1 million himself before graduating.
(b) To start a dress shop for his mother to work in and manage.
(c) To make money writing papers for his friends.
(d) To sell matchbooks.
7. Which soldiers were responsible for the rape and subsequent death of Florentyna?
8. What kind of prestigious award does William win that calls for a celebration in New York City?
9. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
(a) The Titanic sank.
(b) Kennedy had been shot.
(c) Wall Street collapsed.
(d) The Hindenburg burst into flames.
10. What gift does the dying Baron give to Wladek?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) A silver bracelet.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A gold bracelet.
11. Who does Abel meet with in Chapter 17 to discuss his options regarding the hotel chain?
12. Who is hit with the butt of a gun during a raid on the castle?
13. What does the Baron say about Wladek's birth defect?
(a) It is the mark of his father.
(b) It is just a fluke.
(c) It is the mark of God.
(d) It is the sign of a demon.
14. What does William collect in one of his first money making ventures?
(a) Baseball cards.
(b) Theater programs.
15. What is baby Wladek's birth defect?
(a) He has half of a pinky finger.
(b) He has one eyebrow.
(c) He has one nipple.
(d) He has no chin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is baby William born?
2. Who is Wladek's favorite sibling?
3. How many miles is the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
4. In Chapter 16, from what floor does the character commit suicide by jumping from the window?
5. Who digs the Baron's grave?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)