|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose leg gets cut in a fight with a Russian soldier?
(a) The cook.
(c) The butler.
2. Which college does William attend?
(b) Oklahoma State.
3. Where does the Baron go to put his affairs in order?
4. What bad news does William receive just after meeting the love of his life?
(a) Kennedy had been shot.
(b) The Titanic sank.
(c) Wall Street collapsed.
(d) The Hindenburg burst into flames.
5. What job did Wladek have at the camp before being promoted to kitchen duty?
(a) Cleaning cabins.
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Assisting the Russians.
(d) Digging latrines.
6. Who dies while William is in college?
(a) Henry Osborne.
(b) Mr. Lester.
(c) Mr. Abbot.
(d) His grandmothers.
7. Who does young William's second money making scheme anger?
(a) His grandmothers.
(b) Taxi drivers.
(c) The train conductor.
(d) His father.
8. Who is the first person to seduce William?
(a) His English teacher.
(b) A maid at his friend's house.
(c) His tutor's wife.
(d) A cafeteria lady from college.
9. Who was the arsonist that started the hotel fire?
(a) Desmond Pacey.
(b) Henry Osborne.
(c) An unknown man.
10. Which soldiers were responsible for the rape and subsequent death of Florentyna?
11. What was William's monetary goal in college?
(a) To start a dress shop for his mother to work in and manage.
(b) To sell matchbooks.
(c) To earn $1 million himself before graduating.
(d) To make money writing papers for his friends.
12. How many castles does the Baron leave to his heir?
13. What gift does the family receive after Wladek's christening?
(a) A goose.
(b) A calf.
(c) A hen.
(d) A goat.
14. Who wants to be equal to the "Williams of the world?"
15. How many acres does the Baron leave to his heir?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is baby William's middle name?
2. Who does Abel meet with in Chapter 17 to discuss his options regarding the hotel chain?
3. Who dies on the trip from the castle to the prisoner of war camp?
4. When does Anne miscarry?
5. At which school holiday does Wladek learn he is not a natural brother to his siblings?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)