Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Child tell the Maid of Pohja when she bursts into tears?
2. What does the Maid of Pohja learn about how her married life will be different?
3. What does Vainamoinen do when he sees that Louhi has freed her prisoners?
4. How does Kullervo get revenge against the Daughter of Louhi?
5. Where does Ilmarinen get help to heal his wounds?
Essay Topic 1
Is the Kalevala for children or for adults? Is it for everyone? Use examples from the tales to describe what the Kalevala offers for either audience.
Essay Topic 2
Is there evidence of authorial inconsistency? Do the tales seem to flow as one overarching narrative, or are they a collection of different and contradictory stories? Do different stories teach different morals?
Essay Topic 3
There are a number of animals and monsters in the Kalevala. Are they all of the same class, or are there different kinds of beasts? Citing three examples from the text, describe the nature and use of beasts and monsters in the Kalevala.
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)