Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Child tell the Maid of Pohja when she bursts into tears?
2. What does the Maid of Pohja learn about how her married life will be different?
3. What does Vainamoinen do when he sees that Louhi has freed her prisoners?
4. How does Kullervo get revenge against the Daughter of Louhi?
5. Where does Ilmarinen get help to heal his wounds?
Sometimes characters are brought back to life in the Kalevala. Who or what determines whether characters are let to die or are brought back to life? Is there a Fate-like agency that decides? Or is it the whim of the story? Choose three examples of characters dying or being brought back to life and from those instances, describe the significance of death in the Kalevala.
There are a number of animals and monsters in the Kalevala. Are they all of the same class, or are there different kinds of beasts? Citing three examples from the text, describe the nature and use of beasts and monsters in the Kalevala.
What kind of justice applies in the Kalevala? Is murder always punished? Is theft always punished? Is the justice always the same or does it vary? Citing examples from the text, describe justice in the Kalevala.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)