|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lemminkainen, Ilmarinen, and the oarsmen and maidens propose to do with the thing Vainamoinen makes from the pike?
(a) Set it on fire.
(b) Throw it into the sea.
(c) Use it to trap Louhi's daughters.
(d) Brew beer with it.
2. How do Ilmarinen, Lemminkainen, and Vainamoinen get the Sampo from Louhi?
(a) They trick her into giving it to them.
(b) They kill her and her soldiers.
(c) They win it from her while playing dice.
(d) They lull her to sleep.
3. What does Vainamoinen do when he sees that Louhi has freed her prisoners?
(a) He sings a song of thanks.
(b) He cracks the mountain open and imprisons Louhi in it.
(c) He builds a boat and sails home.
(d) He releases Louhi from his chains.
4. How does Untamo try to break Kullevo's spirit?
(a) He tortures Kullervo.
(b) He gives Kullervo menial jobs.
(c) He burns down Kullervo's home.
(d) He kills Kullervo's beloved.
5. What is Louhi worried about, with regard to the wedding feast?
(a) Keeping the guests in line.
(b) Having too many guests.
(c) Having enough beer.
(d) Getting the invitations out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lemminkainen's mother warn him about when he is preparing to go away?
2. Who tells the Maid of Pohja about how her life will be different once she is married?
3. What comes out of the giant fish's belly?
4. What does Lemminkainen find in his food at the wedding feast?
5. Whom does Louhi capture and lock up in a cave?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)