|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Lemminkainen seek out to help him get revenge on the armies that had pursued him?
(a) The Storyteller.
2. What does Lemminkainen say when he arrives at the wedding feast?
(a) He threatens the Maid of Pohja.
(b) He demands to be greeted and fed properly.
(c) He curses the bride and groom.
(d) He challenges Vainamoinen to a fight.
3. What causes Lemminkainen to rush home to Pohja?
(a) A flock of seagulls.
(b) Messengers from Louhi.
(d) A flock of crows.
4. What does Lemminkainen's mother warn him about when he is preparing to go away?
(a) The dangers he will face on his journey.
(b) The insult he is giving to Vainamoinen.
(c) The possibility that he will never return.
(d) The danger of his absence in his father's illness.
5. What does Vainamoinen try to convince Ilmarinen to help him do?
(a) Revenge himself on the daughter of Louhi.
(b) Steal a different daughter from Louhi.
(c) Steal the Sampo from Pohja.
(d) Steal jewels from Louhi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louhi's daughter do when Ilmarinen takes her with him?
2. What does Kullervo's mother tell him after she hears about the woman he seduced?
3. What does the character do who is not welcome at the wedding?
4. How does Kullervo get revenge against the Daughter of Louhi?
5. Who kills the pike when Ilmarinen, Lemminkainen, and Vainamoinen run aground on the pike's back?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)