|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kullervo seduce on his way back from a financial errand?
(b) The Daughter of Louhi.
(c) His sister.
2. Whom does Louhi capture and lock up in a cave?
(a) The sun and moon.
(b) Ilmarinen and her daughter.
(c) Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen.
(d) The creator and the old man.
3. How do Ilmarinen, Lemminkainen, and Vainamoinen get the Sampo from Louhi?
(a) They lull her to sleep.
(b) They trick her into giving it to them.
(c) They win it from her while playing dice.
(d) They kill her and her soldiers.
4. What song is sung at the end of the feast?
(a) Ilmarinen sings his praises of Vainamoinen and the Maid of Pohja.
(b) The Maid of Pohja sings Vainamoinen's praises.
(c) Vainamoinen sings the praises of the creator.
(d) Louhi sings Vainamoinen's praises.
5. Whose praises does Vainamoinen sing at Ilmarinen's home?
(a) His own.
(b) The Maid of Pohja's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Kullervo that his family still lives while he is wandering through the forest?
2. What does Vainamoinen do when he sees that Louhi has freed her prisoners?
3. What does Louhi tell Ilmarinen when he returns to Pohja?
4. Who is explicitly not invited to the wedding of Vainamoinen and the Maid of Pohja?
5. What happens when Vainamoinen, Ilmarinen, and Lemminkainen ask Louhi for the Sampo?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)