|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ilmarinen get one of Louhi's daughters to go with him?
(a) He kidnaps her.
(b) He threatens her.
(c) He promises her jewelry.
(d) He sings to her.
2. What does the Old Man by the Fire say about stories of children?
(a) He says that they contain all the simple truth of the world.
(b) He says that they are shallow lies.
(c) He says that they can be misleading.
(d) He says that they are the cause of all mirth.
3. What do Lemminkainen, Ilmarinen, and the oarsmen and maidens propose to do with the thing Vainamoinen makes from the pike?
(a) Brew beer with it.
(b) Use it to trap Louhi's daughters.
(c) Throw it into the sea.
(d) Set it on fire.
4. What does Lemminkainen find in his food at the wedding feast?
(b) Cream filling.
5. What does Louhi tell Ilmarinen when he returns to Pohja?
(a) She upbraids him for the death of her daughter.
(b) She tells him that his craftsmanship is superb.
(c) She says that he is welcome with his new bride.
(d) She says that she will not give him another daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on the first morning when Ilmarinen wakes up next to the woman he created?
2. Who helps the young maiden brew beer?
3. How does Kullervo speak about his family when his mother asks him not to leave?
4. What does the Lord of Pohja offer Lemminkainen after Lemminkainen complains about the food?
5. How does Ilmarinen punish Louhi's daughter?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)