|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Louhi get her revenge for the theft of the Sampo?
(a) The Creator.
(b) An old man.
(c) A storm.
2. How does Ilmarinen punish Louhi's daughter?
(a) He tells vicious stories about her.
(b) He throws her out into the cold without clothes.
(c) He turns her into a seabird.
(d) He eats her.
3. What does Vainamoinen try to convince Ilmarinen to help him do?
(a) Steal a different daughter from Louhi.
(b) Revenge himself on the daughter of Louhi.
(c) Steal jewels from Louhi.
(d) Steal the Sampo from Pohja.
4. What does Lemminkainen discover when he returns from his hiding place?
(a) Everything has been improved and modernized.
(b) His family is older and he does not recognize them.
(c) His parents and his friends have all died.
(d) Much of what he remembers has been destroyed.
5. Who tells the Maid of Pohja about how her life will be different once she is married?
(c) Old women of the household.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man by the Fire say about stories of children?
2. Whom does Louhi capture and lock up in a cave?
3. What does Ilmarinen make to help him achieve the task he wants Vainamoinen to help him with?
4. What does Louhi's daughter do when she and Ilmarinen stop for the night?
5. Who kills the pike when Ilmarinen, Lemminkainen, and Vainamoinen run aground on the pike's back?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)