Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Child tell the Maid of Pohja when she bursts into tears?
(a) He tells her that with luck she will escape from her husband.
(b) He says that she is going to be much more alone in the future.
(c) He tells her that she should console herself by having children.
(d) He says that she is marrying the best of men.
2. What does the Maid of Pohja learn about how her married life will be different?
(a) They tell her that she is in charge of her mother's household now in addition to her husband's.
(b) They tell her that she is safer now that she is a woman and can answer her husband's authority with her own.
(c) They tell her that she must bear children within the first year in order to have a happy marriage.
(d) She is told that she will never feel as safe in her husband's home as she was in her family's.
3. What does Vainamoinen do when he sees that Louhi has freed her prisoners?
(a) He sings a song of thanks.
(b) He builds a boat and sails home.
(c) He cracks the mountain open and imprisons Louhi in it.
(d) He releases Louhi from his chains.
4. How does Kullervo get revenge against the Daughter of Louhi?
(a) He leads an army against her palace and besieges her.
(b) He poisons her.
(c) He convinces Ilmarinen to disavow her.
(d) He contrives to have her devoured by beasts of his own devising.
5. Where does Ilmarinen get help to heal his wounds?
(a) From the giant fish.
(b) From Vainamoinen.
(c) From the ocean.
(d) From the land of Pohja.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is explicitly not invited to the wedding of Vainamoinen and the Maid of Pohja?
2. Where do Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen go to look for the flame the Creator sends?
3. What song is sung at the end of the feast?
4. What does Louhi tell Ilmarinen when he returns to Pohja?
5. What does Vainamoinen try to convince Ilmarinen to help him do?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)