|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps the young maiden brew beer?
(b) The Maid of Pohja.
(c) A bear and a bee.
2. What does Lemminkainen do to the Lord of Pohja's head?
(a) He cuts it off and puts it on a pole in the courtyard.
(b) He beats the Lord of Pohja in the head with a mallet.
(c) He cuts it off and throws it in the sea.
(d) He cuts the Lord of Pohja's cheek with a carving knife.
3. When does Kullervo's mother die?
(a) While he is looking for the meaning of his life.
(b) While he is on his way home from the sea.
(c) While he is pleading with her for permission to leave.
(d) While he is at war with Untamo.
4. What does the character do who is not welcome at the wedding?
(a) He gets angry and prepares to go away.
(b) He threatens Vainamoinen with violence.
(c) He complains to Vainamoinen.
(d) He makes a scene by telling ominous stories.
5. How does Ilmarinen get one of Louhi's daughters to go with him?
(a) He sings to her.
(b) He kidnaps her.
(c) He promises her jewelry.
(d) He threatens her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kullervo's mother tell him after she hears about the woman he seduced?
2. Who alerts Louhi to the theft of the Sampo?
3. Where does Ilmarinen go to make himself a new wife?
4. What is Louhi worried about, with regard to the wedding feast?
5. What does the Lord of Pohja offer Lemminkainen after Lemminkainen complains about the food?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)