|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lemminkainen's mother warn him about when he is preparing to go away?
(a) The danger of his absence in his father's illness.
(b) The possibility that he will never return.
(c) The dangers he will face on his journey.
(d) The insult he is giving to Vainamoinen.
2. What does Ilmarinen use to make himself a new wife?
(a) Silver and gold.
(b) Water and seaweed.
(c) Sticks and mud.
(d) Grease and herbs.
3. How do Ilmarinen, Lemminkainen, and Vainamoinen get the Sampo from Louhi?
(a) They lull her to sleep.
(b) They win it from her while playing dice.
(c) They kill her and her soldiers.
(d) They trick her into giving it to them.
4. What does Louhi send to attack Vainamoinen after the plagues?
(a) A bear.
(b) A giant dog.
(c) A flock of crows.
(d) A swarm of bees.
5. Where does Ilmarinen get help to heal his wounds?
(a) From the land of Pohja.
(b) From the giant fish.
(c) From Vainamoinen.
(d) From the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louhi do when she finds that the Sampo is gone?
2. What does Lemminkainen do to the Lord of Pohja's head?
3. What does Louhi tell Ilmarinen when he returns to Pohja?
4. What does Untamo ultimately do with Kullervo?
5. What do Vainamoinen and his people do with the beast(s) Louhi sends to attack them?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)