|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Louhi capture and lock up in a cave?
(a) The creator and the old man.
(b) Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen.
(c) Ilmarinen and her daughter.
(d) The sun and moon.
2. What happens when Vainamoinen, Ilmarinen, and Lemminkainen ask Louhi for the Sampo?
(a) She disappears.
(b) She refuses to give it to them.
(c) She gives it to them with one of her daughters in marriage.
(d) She conjures a spell to put them to sleep.
3. What do Vainamoinen's tears turn into after they drop into the sea?
4. How does Untamo try to break Kullevo's spirit?
(a) He tortures Kullervo.
(b) He burns down Kullervo's home.
(c) He kills Kullervo's beloved.
(d) He gives Kullervo menial jobs.
5. What does Lemminkainen say when he arrives at the wedding feast?
(a) He curses the bride and groom.
(b) He threatens the Maid of Pohja.
(c) He challenges Vainamoinen to a fight.
(d) He demands to be greeted and fed properly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ilmarinen use to make himself a new wife?
2. Where does Lemminkainen hide after the wedding feast?
3. Who does Kullervo seduce on his way back from a financial errand?
4. Who helps Louhi get her revenge for the theft of the Sampo?
5. What does the Old Man by the Fire say about stories of children?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)