|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allows Lemminkainen, Vainamoinen, and Ilmarinen to pass through the waterfall?
(a) Vainamoinen's magic.
(b) Lemminkainen's magic.
(c) A canopy Ilmarinen makes.
(d) Louhi's magic.
2. How does Lemminkainen respond to his mother's warnings?
(a) He hides his money carefully.
(b) He boasts about how he will overcome each encounter.
(c) He makes sure to bring all his weapons.
(d) He gets quiet and afraid, and reconsiders his decision.
3. What causes Lemminkainen to rush home to Pohja?
(a) Messengers from Louhi.
(b) A flock of crows.
(c) A flock of seagulls.
4. Who kills the pike when Ilmarinen, Lemminkainen, and Vainamoinen run aground on the pike's back?
5. What does Louhi tell Ilmarinen when he returns to Pohja?
(a) She upbraids him for the death of her daughter.
(b) She says that he is welcome with his new bride.
(c) She tells him that his craftsmanship is superb.
(d) She says that she will not give him another daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Child tell the Maid of Pohja when she bursts into tears?
2. Where do Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen go to look for the flame the Creator sends?
3. What does Lemminkainen's mother warn him about when he is preparing to go away?
4. Who tells Kullervo that his family still lives while he is wandering through the forest?
5. Whom does Louhi capture and lock up in a cave?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)