|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ilmarinen tell his metallic bride when he wakes up beside her?
(a) He says she is not the right woman for him.
(b) He says that he can fix her.
(c) He says she is ugly and he is ashamed of himself for making her.
(d) He says that he made her and now he has to live with her.
2. Whom does Vainamoinen toast at the wedding?
(c) The Maid of Pohja.
3. What does Lemminkainen discover when he returns from his hiding place?
(a) His parents and his friends have all died.
(b) His family is older and he does not recognize them.
(c) Everything has been improved and modernized.
(d) Much of what he remembers has been destroyed.
4. What do Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen encounter on their way to Pohja?
(b) An army.
(c) A boat.
(d) A seagull.
5. What does Louhi's daughter do when she and Ilmarinen stop for the night?
(a) She escapes.
(b) She writes to her mother.
(c) She carries on with another man.
(d) She convinces men in the inn to murder Ilmarinen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ilmarinen go to make himself a new wife?
2. What does the Old Man by the Fire say about stories of children?
3. What happens after Vainamoinen reaches the cave where Louhi is keeping her prisoners?
4. How does Untamo try to break Kullevo's spirit?
5. What comes out of the giant fish's belly?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)