|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Lemminkainen seek out to help him get revenge on the armies that had pursued him?
(b) The Storyteller.
2. What happens after Vainamoinen reaches the cave where Louhi is keeping her prisoners?
(a) He cannot break the locks at first.
(b) He uses magic to free the prisoners.
(c) He is overcome by a giant dog.
(d) He frees Louhi's daughter.
3. Whom does Louhi capture and lock up in a cave?
(a) The sun and moon.
(b) Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen.
(c) Ilmarinen and her daughter.
(d) The creator and the old man.
4. What does Louhi do when she finds that the Sampo is gone?
(a) She sends storms after the thieves.
(b) She sends fish to swallow the thieves.
(c) She builds another one.
(d) She uses her magic to bring it back.
5. Who helps Vainamoinen cure the plagues and afflictions Louhi sends into his land?
(b) One of Louhi's daughters.
(d) An old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose praises does Vainamoinen sing at Ilmarinen's home?
2. What does Louhi do to get revenge on Lemminkainen for what Lemminkainen did to the Lord of Pohja?
3. How does Kullervo perform his tasks on the family farm?
4. What does the Old Man by the Fire say about stories of children?
5. What does Ilmarinen tell his metallic bride when he wakes up beside her?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)