|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lemminkainen respond to his mother's warnings?
(a) He hides his money carefully.
(b) He gets quiet and afraid, and reconsiders his decision.
(c) He makes sure to bring all his weapons.
(d) He boasts about how he will overcome each encounter.
2. What allows Lemminkainen, Vainamoinen, and Ilmarinen to pass through the waterfall?
(a) Vainamoinen's magic.
(b) Louhi's magic.
(c) A canopy Ilmarinen makes.
(d) Lemminkainen's magic.
3. What happens when Vainamoinen, Ilmarinen, and Lemminkainen ask Louhi for the Sampo?
(a) She conjures a spell to put them to sleep.
(b) She gives it to them with one of her daughters in marriage.
(c) She disappears.
(d) She refuses to give it to them.
4. What does Louhi send to attack Vainamoinen after the plagues?
(a) A bear.
(b) A flock of crows.
(c) A giant dog.
(d) A swarm of bees.
5. What does Lemminkainen say when he arrives at the wedding feast?
(a) He curses the bride and groom.
(b) He demands to be greeted and fed properly.
(c) He challenges Vainamoinen to a fight.
(d) He threatens the Maid of Pohja.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Untamo ultimately do with Kullervo?
2. What does Ilmarinen use to make himself a new wife?
3. What song is sung at the end of the feast?
4. Whom does Louhi capture and lock up in a cave?
5. What does the Old Man by the Fire say about stories of children?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)