|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Kullervo that his family still lives while he is wandering through the forest?
(b) The Daughter of Louhi.
(c) An old woman.
2. What does Ilmarinen tell his metallic bride when he wakes up beside her?
(a) He says she is not the right woman for him.
(b) He says that he made her and now he has to live with her.
(c) He says that he can fix her.
(d) He says she is ugly and he is ashamed of himself for making her.
3. What does Untamo ultimately do with Kullervo?
(a) He sells him to Ilmarinen.
(b) He teaches him to hunt.
(c) He turns him into a goat.
(d) He leaves him on an island.
4. How does Kullervo perform his tasks on the family farm?
(a) He invents tools for every little task.
(b) He damages everything he touches.
(c) He whips everything into shape.
(d) He changes how everything is done.
5. How does Lemminkainen respond to his mother's warnings?
(a) He boasts about how he will overcome each encounter.
(b) He hides his money carefully.
(c) He gets quiet and afraid, and reconsiders his decision.
(d) He makes sure to bring all his weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on the first morning when Ilmarinen wakes up next to the woman he created?
2. What comes out of the giant fish's belly?
3. What does Lemminkainen discover when he returns from his hiding place?
4. Whose praises does Vainamoinen sing at Ilmarinen's home?
5. In what form does Louhi attack Vainamoinen, Ilmarinen, and Lemminkainen's ship?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)