|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who survives Untamo's attack on Kalervo's home?
(b) A pregnant woman.
(d) The daughter of Louhi.
2. What does Lemminkainen say when he arrives at the wedding feast?
(a) He threatens the Maid of Pohja.
(b) He challenges Vainamoinen to a fight.
(c) He curses the bride and groom.
(d) He demands to be greeted and fed properly.
3. What does Ilmarinen use to make himself a new wife?
(a) Grease and herbs.
(b) Sticks and mud.
(c) Water and seaweed.
(d) Silver and gold.
4. What do Lemminkainen, Ilmarinen, and the oarsmen and maidens propose to do with the thing Vainamoinen makes from the pike?
(a) Brew beer with it.
(b) Use it to trap Louhi's daughters.
(c) Set it on fire.
(d) Throw it into the sea.
5. What do Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen encounter on their way to Pohja?
(a) A seagull.
(b) An army.
(c) A boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Untamo try to break Kullevo's spirit?
2. What causes Lemminkainen to rush home to Pohja?
3. What preparations are made for the marriage of Vainamoinen and the Maid of Pohja?
4. What does the Maid of Pohja learn about how her married life will be different?
5. How does Kullervo get revenge against the Daughter of Louhi?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)