|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who alerts Louhi to the theft of the Sampo?
(a) A heron.
(b) A crow.
(c) A pike.
(d) A storm.
2. How does Vainamoinen keep Louhi and her soldiers from catching up with him and Lemminkainen and Ilmarinen?
(a) He tricks them into going the wrong direction.
(b) He kills them with his sword.
(c) He conjures a reef on which their ship wrecks.
(d) He sings them to sleep.
3. Where do Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen go to look for the flame the Creator sends?
(a) In the heavens.
(b) In the forest.
(c) At the bottom of a vast lake.
(d) In the ocean.
4. What happens after Vainamoinen reaches the cave where Louhi is keeping her prisoners?
(a) He uses magic to free the prisoners.
(b) He cannot break the locks at first.
(c) He frees Louhi's daughter.
(d) He is overcome by a giant dog.
5. What does Louhi do to get revenge on Lemminkainen for what Lemminkainen did to the Lord of Pohja?
(a) She cuts off his head and throws it into the sea.
(b) She sends an army into his country to destroy his home.
(c) She banishes him from the wedding feast.
(d) She conjures an army to pursue him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on the first morning when Ilmarinen wakes up next to the woman he created?
2. Who helps Vainamoinen cure the plagues and afflictions Louhi sends into his land?
3. Whom does Lemminkainen seek out to help him get revenge on the armies that had pursued him?
4. What does the Child tell the Maid of Pohja when she bursts into tears?
5. What does Louhi's daughter do when she and Ilmarinen stop for the night?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)