|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills the pike when Ilmarinen, Lemminkainen, and Vainamoinen run aground on the pike's back?
2. What does Louhi see Ilmarinen making that causes her to set her prisoners free?
(a) A woman to replace her.
(b) A poison sweetbread for her.
(c) A collar and chains to bind her.
(d) A magic sword to kill her.
3. What does Lemminkainen find in his food at the wedding feast?
(d) Cream filling.
4. What does the Child tell the Maid of Pohja when she bursts into tears?
(a) He says that she is marrying the best of men.
(b) He says that she is going to be much more alone in the future.
(c) He tells her that she should console herself by having children.
(d) He tells her that with luck she will escape from her husband.
5. What does the Old Man by the Fire say about stories of children?
(a) He says that they are shallow lies.
(b) He says that they contain all the simple truth of the world.
(c) He says that they can be misleading.
(d) He says that they are the cause of all mirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kullervo's mother tell him after she hears about the woman he seduced?
2. What does Lemminkainen say when he arrives at the wedding feast?
3. How does Kullervo speak about his family when his mother asks him not to leave?
4. How does Untamo try to break Kullevo's spirit?
5. What does Vainamoinen do when he sees that Louhi has freed her prisoners?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)