|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Lord of Pohja offer Lemminkainen after Lemminkainen complains about the food?
(a) A drinking cup.
(b) A stream to drink from.
(c) A shield.
(d) A bride.
2. How does Ilmarinen get one of Louhi's daughters to go with him?
(a) He sings to her.
(b) He threatens her.
(c) He promises her jewelry.
(d) He kidnaps her.
3. Where do Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen go to look for the flame the Creator sends?
(a) At the bottom of a vast lake.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In the ocean.
(d) In the heavens.
4. What does Lemminkainen find in his food at the wedding feast?
(b) Cream filling.
5. What does Ilmarinen tell his metallic bride when he wakes up beside her?
(a) He says that he made her and now he has to live with her.
(b) He says that he can fix her.
(c) He says she is ugly and he is ashamed of himself for making her.
(d) He says she is not the right woman for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ilmarinen go to make himself a new wife?
2. What do Vainamoinen's tears turn into after they drop into the sea?
3. What does Louhi's daughter do when Ilmarinen takes her with him?
4. Who helps the young maiden brew beer?
5. What does the Maid of Pohja learn about how her married life will be different?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)