|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen go to look for the flame the Creator sends?
(a) At the bottom of a vast lake.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In the heavens.
(d) In the ocean.
2. What does Lemminkainen say when he arrives at the wedding feast?
(a) He demands to be greeted and fed properly.
(b) He threatens the Maid of Pohja.
(c) He curses the bride and groom.
(d) He challenges Vainamoinen to a fight.
3. What do Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen encounter on their way to Pohja?
(a) A boat.
(b) A seagull.
(c) An army.
4. What does Louhi see Ilmarinen making that causes her to set her prisoners free?
(a) A poison sweetbread for her.
(b) A collar and chains to bind her.
(c) A woman to replace her.
(d) A magic sword to kill her.
5. How does Ilmarinen get one of Louhi's daughters to go with him?
(a) He sings to her.
(b) He threatens her.
(c) He kidnaps her.
(d) He promises her jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Untamo try to break Kullevo's spirit?
2. Who alerts Louhi to the theft of the Sampo?
3. Who is explicitly not invited to the wedding of Vainamoinen and the Maid of Pohja?
4. What does Kullervo's mother tell him after she hears about the woman he seduced?
5. How does Ilmarinen punish Louhi's daughter?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)