|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kullervo speak about his family when his mother asks him not to leave?
2. What does Lemminkainen discover when he returns from his hiding place?
(a) His family is older and he does not recognize them.
(b) His parents and his friends have all died.
(c) Everything has been improved and modernized.
(d) Much of what he remembers has been destroyed.
3. How does Ilmarinen get one of Louhi's daughters to go with him?
(a) He sings to her.
(b) He threatens her.
(c) He promises her jewelry.
(d) He kidnaps her.
4. What allows Lemminkainen, Vainamoinen, and Ilmarinen to pass through the waterfall?
(a) A canopy Ilmarinen makes.
(b) Lemminkainen's magic.
(c) Vainamoinen's magic.
(d) Louhi's magic.
5. How does Lemminkainen respond to his mother's warnings?
(a) He hides his money carefully.
(b) He makes sure to bring all his weapons.
(c) He gets quiet and afraid, and reconsiders his decision.
(d) He boasts about how he will overcome each encounter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lemminkainen say when he arrives at the wedding feast?
2. What does Ilmarinen make to help him achieve the task he wants Vainamoinen to help him with?
3. Who helps Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen catch the giant fish?
4. How does Untamo try to break Kullevo's spirit?
5. Who helps Vainamoinen cure the plagues and afflictions Louhi sends into his land?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)