|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kullervo hears the story of his sister's disappearance. What was she doing when she disappeared?
(a) Washing clothes in a river.
(b) Picking flowers.
(c) Gathering berries.
(d) Washing her hair.
2. How do Ilmarinen, Lemminkainen, and Vainamoinen get the Sampo from Louhi?
(a) They trick her into giving it to them.
(b) They kill her and her soldiers.
(c) They lull her to sleep.
(d) They win it from her while playing dice.
3. What does Louhi do when she finds that the Sampo is gone?
(a) She builds another one.
(b) She uses her magic to bring it back.
(c) She sends storms after the thieves.
(d) She sends fish to swallow the thieves.
4. How does Kullervo get revenge against the Daughter of Louhi?
(a) He convinces Ilmarinen to disavow her.
(b) He leads an army against her palace and besieges her.
(c) He contrives to have her devoured by beasts of his own devising.
(d) He poisons her.
5. What preparations are made for the marriage of Vainamoinen and the Maid of Pohja?
(a) Beer is prepared.
(b) A butcher is taught how to butcher an ox.
(c) Songs are taught to the musicians.
(d) An ox is butchered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lemminkainen discover when he returns from his hiding place?
2. What song is sung at the end of the feast?
3. Where does Lemminkainen hide after the wedding feast?
4. In what form does Louhi attack Vainamoinen, Ilmarinen, and Lemminkainen's ship?
5. What allows Lemminkainen, Vainamoinen, and Ilmarinen to pass through the waterfall?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)