|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ilmarinen tell his metallic bride when he wakes up beside her?
(a) He says that he can fix her.
(b) He says she is not the right woman for him.
(c) He says she is ugly and he is ashamed of himself for making her.
(d) He says that he made her and now he has to live with her.
2. What does Lemminkainen say when he arrives at the wedding feast?
(a) He challenges Vainamoinen to a fight.
(b) He demands to be greeted and fed properly.
(c) He threatens the Maid of Pohja.
(d) He curses the bride and groom.
3. What does Kullervo's mother tell him after she hears about the woman he seduced?
(a) She tells him to take the girl to Untamo.
(b) She tells him to marry the girl.
(c) She tells him to introduce her to the girl's parents.
(d) She tells him to go away.
4. Who survives Untamo's attack on Kalervo's home?
(c) The daughter of Louhi.
(d) A pregnant woman.
5. How does Vainamoinen keep Louhi and her soldiers from catching up with him and Lemminkainen and Ilmarinen?
(a) He conjures a reef on which their ship wrecks.
(b) He kills them with his sword.
(c) He sings them to sleep.
(d) He tricks them into going the wrong direction.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ilmarinen punish Louhi's daughter?
2. Who alerts Louhi to the theft of the Sampo?
3. How does Kullervo perform his tasks on the family farm?
4. What causes Lemminkainen to rush home to Pohja?
5. Who helps Vainamoinen cure the plagues and afflictions Louhi sends into his land?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)