|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the character do who is not welcome at the wedding?
(a) He makes a scene by telling ominous stories.
(b) He complains to Vainamoinen.
(c) He gets angry and prepares to go away.
(d) He threatens Vainamoinen with violence.
2. Who does Kullervo seduce on his way back from a financial errand?
(a) His sister.
(b) The Daughter of Louhi.
3. How does Kullervo get revenge against the Daughter of Louhi?
(a) He convinces Ilmarinen to disavow her.
(b) He poisons her.
(c) He contrives to have her devoured by beasts of his own devising.
(d) He leads an army against her palace and besieges her.
4. What does Ilmarinen tell his metallic bride when he wakes up beside her?
(a) He says she is not the right woman for him.
(b) He says she is ugly and he is ashamed of himself for making her.
(c) He says that he can fix her.
(d) He says that he made her and now he has to live with her.
5. What causes Lemminkainen to rush home to Pohja?
(a) A flock of crows.
(b) Messengers from Louhi.
(c) A flock of seagulls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vainamoinen try to convince Ilmarinen to help him do?
2. How does Ilmarinen's wife, the Daughter of Louhi, express her dislike for Kullervo?
3. How does Lemminkainen respond to his mother's warnings?
4. What does Louhi's daughter do when she and Ilmarinen stop for the night?
5. What do Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen encounter on their way to Pohja?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)