|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is explicitly not invited to the wedding of Vainamoinen and the Maid of Pohja?
2. How does Kullervo perform his tasks on the family farm?
(a) He damages everything he touches.
(b) He invents tools for every little task.
(c) He changes how everything is done.
(d) He whips everything into shape.
3. Kullervo hears the story of his sister's disappearance. What was she doing when she disappeared?
(a) Picking flowers.
(b) Washing clothes in a river.
(c) Washing her hair.
(d) Gathering berries.
4. Who kills the pike when Ilmarinen, Lemminkainen, and Vainamoinen run aground on the pike's back?
5. In what form does Louhi attack Vainamoinen, Ilmarinen, and Lemminkainen's ship?
(a) As a bear.
(b) As a pike.
(c) As a giant eagle.
(d) As a storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kullervo's mother tell him after she hears about the woman he seduced?
2. How does Ilmarinen's wife, the Daughter of Louhi, express her dislike for Kullervo?
3. What does Lemminkainen do to the Lord of Pohja's head?
4. What does the Old Man by the Fire say about stories of children?
5. Who alerts Louhi to the theft of the Sampo?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)