|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Vainamoinen's finally arrives at his destination, how is his arrival first announced?
(a) He announces themselves on the shore.
(b) His fighting with Ilmarinen can be heard in advance of their arrival.
(c) He appears in court.
(d) Watchdogs bark at him
2. What does Lemmenkainen do when his happiness with Kyllikki ends?
(a) He gives Kyllikki back to her mother.
(b) He resolves to travel to Pohja.
(c) He marries Kyllikki to the Moon.
(d) He sends Kyllikki away.
3. What do Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen agree to do when they arrive where they are going?
(a) They agree to let the Maid of Pohja choose between them.
(b) They agree to fight to the death.
(c) They agree to gamble for the Maid of Pohja's hand.
(d) They agree not to fight over the Maid of Pohja's hand.
4. What does Vainamoinen ask Aino to do for him when they are walking through the forest together?
(a) Betray her brother.
(b) Wear her jewelry.
(c) Renounce her father.
(d) Take off her jewelry.
5. What does Vainamoinen feel as he listens to Joukahainen's stories?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vainamoinen do when Louhi offers him food?
2. What does Joukahainen's mother tell him about shooting Vainamoinen?
3. What condition is the Water-Mother trying to find relief from?
4. What does Aino do in response to Vainamoinen's request?
5. What does the water mother's baby do when he is born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lemminkainen entertained at the wedding?
2. What happens to the chips that come from cutting down the mighty oak?
3. Why does Vainamoinen go down to the underworld?
4. What happens when Vainamoinen goes to the underworld?
5. How does Ilmarinen fix the destruction caused by the light the Creator sent down to earth when the sun and moon were stolen?
6. What does Louhi say she wants in return for giving Vainamoinen safe passage home?
7. What do the people tell the Maid of Pohja about marriage?
8. What happens when Lemminkainen and the Lord of Pohja start a conjuring duel?
9. How does Vainamoinen convince Vipunen to tell him the three magic words?
10. What tasks does the Maid of Pohja demand of Vainamoinen when he proposes to her?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)