|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lemminkainen take his new bride?
(a) To the land of Pohja.
(b) Home to his castle.
(c) To the seaside.
(d) Home to his hovel.
2. What does the Maid of Pohja say when she hears that Vainamoinen has arrived at the end of his journey?
(a) She says that she does not like sailors and will not marry Vainamoinen.
(b) She says that her father has forbidden her to marry Vainamoinen.
(c) She tells Vainamoinen that he is too old for her to marry.
(d) She says that she would be honored to marry Vainamoinen,
3. What does Louhi ask from Vainamoinen in return for her help?
(a) She asks him to ride a magic horse.
(b) She asks him to build a grinder.
(c) She asks him to marry her daughter.
(d) She asks him to tame the man-eating horses.
4. Who sets out the series of tasks Vainamoinen must complete if he is going to marry?
(b) The Maid of Pohja.
5. Who asks Vainamoinen where he is sailing?
(c) The maid of Pohja.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vainamoinen feel as he listens to Joukahainen's stories?
2. What does Joukahainen's mother tell him about shooting Vainamoinen?
3. What does Joukahainen offer Vainamoinen after Vainamoinen listens to his story?
4. What gift does Joukahainen offer that finally convinces Vainamoinen to let him go free?
5. Whose help does Vipunen ask for, to help him get rid of Vainamoinen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people tell the Maid of Pohja about marriage?
2. How does Vainamoinen make pearls by playing the kantele?
3. How does Vainamoinen kill the pike and what does he do with it after he kills it?
4. What happens when Lemminkainen sees the fires from Pohja?
5. What happens when Ilmarinen finds that his new bride has amused herself with another man while Ilmarinen was sleeping?
6. What happens after Kullervo slaughters Untamo's family?`
7. What happens after Vainamoinen refuses to cease working at his blacksmith's shop inside of Vipunen?
8. Describe how Lemminkainen's mother brings him back to life.
9. What happens when Lemminkainen decides to go to the wedding?
10. How does Vainamoinen convince Ilmarinen to help him steal the Sampo in Pohja?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)