|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joukahainen find Vainamoinen?
(a) In the desert.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In the forest.
(d) Crossing the ocean.
2. What does Vainamoinen ask Aino to do for him when they are walking through the forest together?
(a) Betray her brother.
(b) Take off her jewelry.
(c) Wear her jewelry.
(d) Renounce her father.
3. What happens after Joukahainen fires at Vainamoinen?
(a) Vainamoinen dies in the forest.
(b) Vainamoinen dies on the beach.
(c) Vainamoinen swims for his life.
(d) Vainamoinen saves the arrows for his revenge.
4. What does Joukahainen offer Vainamoinen after Vainamoinen listens to his story?
(a) Gold, horses, and armor.
(b) Jewels and gold.
(c) His life.
(d) Magic cloaks and swords.
5. What does Lemminkainen tell his bride when he arrives where he takes her?
(a) He tells her why he abducted her.
(b) He tells her the conditions she has to meet for him to free her.
(c) He threatens to kill her if she tries to escape.
(d) He promises to build her a bigger house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occasion marks the end of Lemminkainen and Kyllikki's happiness?
2. What reputation does Vainamoinen gain over time?
3. What does Vainamoinen build to convince Vipunen to tell him what he wants to know?
4. What do Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen agree to do when they arrive where they are going?
5. Who helps Lemmenkainen's mother reassemble Lemmenkainen's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louhi say she wants in return for giving Vainamoinen safe passage home?
2. How does Ilmarinen end up with another of Louhi's daughters?
3. What does Kullervo do when he discovers Ilmarinen's wife's disdain for him?
4. How does Vainamoinen convince Vipunen to tell him the three magic words?
5. How does Marjetta lose and then find her baby?
6. Why does Vainamoinen go down to the underworld?
7. What happens when Vainamoinen tells Aino to wear jewelry?
8. How does the Storyteller describe the purpose of his stories at the end?
9. How is Lemminkainen entertained at the wedding?
10. What happens when Lemminkainen decides to go to the wedding?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)