|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vainamionen do with the wood Sampsa brings back to Vainamoinen?
(a) Shapes it into a boat.
(b) Shapes it into a series of tools.
(c) Builds a lodge.
(d) Builds a house.
2. Which tree does Vainamoinen leave standing?
(a) The birch.
(b) The aspen.
(c) The oak.
(d) The laurel.
3. Who comes after the Water-Mother prays for relief?
(b) The Maid of Pohja.
(d) A small bird.
4. What does Aino tell her mother when her mother asks about Aino's walk with Vainamoinen?
(a) Aino tells her that she was set upon by thieves.
(b) Aino tells her mother that Vainamoinen stole her jewelry.
(c) Aino tells her mother that Vainamoinen is plotting against the family.
(d) Aino tells her the truth about how she lost her jewelry.
5. Who collects the chips that come from cutting down the tree Vainamoinen plants?
(d) The Maid of Pohja.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lemminkainen tell his bride when he arrives where he takes her?
2. What happens when Joukahainen fires at Vainamoinen?
3. What does Vainamoinen tell Louhi in response to her request?
4. What does Louhi ask from Vainamoinen in return for her help?
5. What does Vainamoinen ride on his journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vainamoinen convince Ilmarinen to help him steal the Sampo in Pohja?
2. How is the ox prepared for the wedding feast?
3. How do Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen liberate the sun and moon from the cave?
4. What does Louhi say she wants in return for giving Vainamoinen safe passage home?
5. What happens to the chips that come from cutting down the mighty oak?
6. How does Ilmarinen fix the destruction caused by the light the Creator sent down to earth when the sun and moon were stolen?
7. Who tries to play the kantele Vainamoinen makes?
8. What happens when Lemminkainen and the Lord of Pohja start a conjuring duel?
9. What does Vainamoinen tell his friends when he arrives home?
10. What happens when Vainamoinen disapproves of Joukahainen's stories?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)