Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Child tell the Maid of Pohja when she bursts into tears?
(a) He tells her that with luck she will escape from her husband.
(b) He says that she is going to be much more alone in the future.
(c) He tells her that she should console herself by having children.
(d) He says that she is marrying the best of men.
2. What does the Maid of Pohja learn about how her married life will be different?
(a) They tell her that she is in charge of her mother's household now in addition to her husband's.
(b) They tell her that she is safer now that she is a woman and can answer her husband's authority with her own.
(c) They tell her that she must bear children within the first year in order to have a happy marriage.
(d) She is told that she will never feel as safe in her husband's home as she was in her family's.
3. What does Vainamoinen do when he sees that Louhi has freed her prisoners?
(a) He sings a song of thanks.
(b) He builds a boat and sails home.
(c) He cracks the mountain open and imprisons Louhi in it.
(d) He releases Louhi from his chains.
4. How does Kullervo get revenge against the Daughter of Louhi?
(a) He leads an army against her palace and besieges her.
(b) He poisons her.
(c) He convinces Ilmarinen to disavow her.
(d) He contrives to have her devoured by beasts of his own devising.
5. Where does Ilmarinen get help to heal his wounds?
(a) From the giant fish.
(b) From Vainamoinen.
(c) From the ocean.
(d) From the land of Pohja.
6. Who is explicitly not invited to the wedding of Vainamoinen and the Maid of Pohja?
7. Where do Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen go to look for the flame the Creator sends?
(a) In the ocean.
(b) In the heavens.
(c) At the bottom of a vast lake.
(d) In the forest.
8. What song is sung at the end of the feast?
(a) Vainamoinen sings the praises of the creator.
(b) Ilmarinen sings his praises of Vainamoinen and the Maid of Pohja.
(c) Louhi sings Vainamoinen's praises.
(d) The Maid of Pohja sings Vainamoinen's praises.
9. What does Louhi tell Ilmarinen when he returns to Pohja?
(a) She tells him that his craftsmanship is superb.
(b) She says that he is welcome with his new bride.
(c) She says that she will not give him another daughter.
(d) She upbraids him for the death of her daughter.
10. What does Vainamoinen try to convince Ilmarinen to help him do?
(a) Steal jewels from Louhi.
(b) Revenge himself on the daughter of Louhi.
(c) Steal the Sampo from Pohja.
(d) Steal a different daughter from Louhi.
11. Whom does Lemminkainen seek out to help him get revenge on the armies that had pursued him?
(d) The Storyteller.
12. Who tells Kullervo that his family still lives while he is wandering through the forest?
(b) An old woman.
(d) The Daughter of Louhi.
13. What does Kullervo's mother tell him after she hears about the woman he seduced?
(a) She tells him to introduce her to the girl's parents.
(b) She tells him to take the girl to Untamo.
(c) She tells him to go away.
(d) She tells him to marry the girl.
14. What does Louhi's daughter do when Ilmarinen takes her with him?
(a) Falls in love with Ilmarinen.
(b) Tries to escape.
(c) Plots to kill Ilmarinen.
(d) Bemoans her fate.
15. What does Ilmarinen make to help him achieve the task he wants Vainamoinen to help him with?
(a) A boat.
(b) A grinder.
(c) A woman.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lemminkainen respond to his mother's warnings?
2. How do people respond to Vainamoinen's singing?
3. What happens on the first morning when Ilmarinen wakes up next to the woman he created?
4. Who helps Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen catch the giant fish?
5. What happens to Lemminkainen and his friend on their way to get revenge against Pohja?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)