|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joukahainen shoot at Vainamoinen with?
(a) A crossbow with poisoned arrows.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A cannon.
(d) A pistol.
2. What does Vainamoinen do when he is listening to Joukahainen's stories?
(a) He causes a swamp to rise up around Joukahainen.
(b) He runs and hides himself away.
(c) He slanders Joukahainen to the other listeners.
(d) He kills Joukahainen with a sword.
3. What occasion marks the end of Lemminkainen and Kyllikki's happiness?
(a) Lemmenkainen abandons Kyllikki on an island.
(b) Kyllikki tells Lemmenkainen's enemies the secret of his vulnerability.
(c) Kyllikki betrays Lemminkainen with Vainamoinen.
(d) Kyllikki goes dancing and Lemmenkainen confronts her.
4. Which tree agrees to Sampsa's proposal to cut the tree down?
(a) A spruce.
(b) A fir.
(c) A cedar.
(d) An oak.
5. How does Lemminkainen respond to his mother's warnings?
(a) He hides his money carefully.
(b) He boasts about how he will overcome each encounter.
(c) He makes sure to bring all his weapons.
(d) He gets quiet and afraid, and reconsiders his decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen agree to do when they arrive where they are going?
2. What reputation does Vainamoinen gain over time?
3. What is the little maid doing when she hears Vainamoinen?
4. How does Vainamoinen keep Louhi and her soldiers from catching up with him and Lemminkainen and Ilmarinen?
5. When does Kullervo's mother die?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)