|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, and 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose praises does Vainamoinen sing at Ilmarinen's home?
(b) The Maid of Pohja's.
(c) His own.
2. Which tree agrees to Sampsa's proposal to cut the tree down?
(a) An oak.
(b) A spruce.
(c) A fir.
(d) A cedar.
3. What does Untamo ultimately do with Kullervo?
(a) He leaves him on an island.
(b) He sells him to Ilmarinen.
(c) He teaches him to hunt.
(d) He turns him into a goat.
4. Whose help does Vipunen ask for, to help him get rid of Vainamoinen?
(b) The gods.
(c) Vainamoinen's mother.
5. What does Vainamoinen tell the living creatures after he returns from the Underworld?
(a) He tells them not to go there themselves.
(b) He tells them all about the Daughter of the Underworld.
(c) He describes the horrors he saw.
(d) He tells them the magic words he learned there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Vainamoinen find sad after he goes fishing?
2. What is Louhi worried about, with regard to the wedding feast?
3. What does the Maid of Pohja learn about how her married life will be different?
4. What is Vainamoinen missing as he works with the wood Sampsa brought him?
5. What song is sung at the end of the feast?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)