|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Joukahainen's stories like?
(a) They are wise and considered.
(b) They are colorful and interesting.
(c) They are childish and shallow.
(d) They are stories of battles and tournaments.
2. What does Lemminkainen do to press his suit?
(a) He bribes the Creator.
(b) He bribes the woman's brother.
(c) He tricks her into coming to his hut.
(d) He takes a job as a shepherd.
3. What condition is the Water-Mother trying to find relief from?
(a) She has been split off from the male counterpart of the cosmos.
(b) She suffers a broken foot.
(c) She suffers a pregnancy she cannot give birth to.
(d) She has been drowned in a flood.
4. Which tree agrees to Sampsa's proposal to cut the tree down?
(a) A spruce.
(b) An oak.
(c) A cedar.
(d) A fir.
5. What does Joukahainen do when he meets Vainamoinen?
(a) He challenges Vainamoinen to a javelin contest.
(b) He challenges Vainamoinen to a storytelling contest.
(c) He challenges Vainamoinen to a race.
(d) He challenges Vainamoinen to a wrestling match.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the little maid doing when she hears Vainamoinen?
2. Who collects the chips that come from cutting down the tree Vainamoinen plants?
3. What does Lemmenkainen do when his happiness with Kyllikki ends?
4. What does Vainamoinen catch?
5. Who asks Vainamoinen where he is sailing?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)