|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aino's mother console her when Aino is crying about marrying Vainamoinen?
(a) She says that her family's home is not the only place where flowers bloom.
(b) She introduces Aino to the transcendent nature of family.
(c) She tells Aino that this will be the perfect opportunity for the family to take revenge.
(d) She reminds Aino that she left her own home when she married.
2. What are the chips from Vainamoinen's tree turned into?
3. What does Vainamoinen catch?
(a) He catches a salmon that was in fact Aino.
(b) He catches a fish that tells him how to catch Aino.
(c) He catches Aino, who tells him a new technique for catching fish.
(d) He catches a number of fish, but none of them is Aino.
4. What does the character who was not banished do after all the others are banished from the room by Lemmenkainen?
(a) He returns to the room with a knife.
(b) He gathers the others and arranges an ambush.
(c) He waits for Lemmenkainen outside.
(d) He accuses Lemmenkainen of witchcraft.
5. What is happening when the Water-Mother experiences an upsurge of energy?
(a) The Maid of Pohja is singing to her.
(b) Lemminkainen is being born.
(c) The small bird's eggs are hatching on her knee.
(d) Monsters are swallowing the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Joukahainen fires at Vainamoinen?
2. What occasion marks the end of Lemminkainen and Kyllikki's happiness?
3. What happens when Lemmenkainen catches the elk?
4. Whom does Lemminkainen resolve to win?
5. What is the name of the baby the Water-Mother is carrying?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)