|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Water-Mother's name before she became the Water-Mother?
(a) Daughter of the Air.
(d) The Maid of Pohja.
2. What does Louhi ask from Vainamoinen in return for her help?
(a) She asks him to marry her daughter.
(b) She asks him to build a grinder.
(c) She asks him to ride a magic horse.
(d) She asks him to tame the man-eating horses.
3. What does Joukahainen do when he meets Vainamoinen?
(a) He challenges Vainamoinen to a storytelling contest.
(b) He challenges Vainamoinen to a javelin contest.
(c) He challenges Vainamoinen to a wrestling match.
(d) He challenges Vainamoinen to a race.
4. Who comes after the Water-Mother prays for relief?
(a) The Maid of Pohja.
(d) A small bird.
5. What does Vainamoinen catch?
(a) He catches Aino, who tells him a new technique for catching fish.
(b) He catches a salmon that was in fact Aino.
(c) He catches a number of fish, but none of them is Aino.
(d) He catches a fish that tells him how to catch Aino.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is the Water-Mother given?
2. Who cuts down the tree Vainamoinen plants?
3. What does Vainamoinen ride on his journey?
4. Where does Vainamoinen plant his tree?
5. What does Vainamoinen do when Louhi offers him food?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)