|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vainamoinen catch?
(a) He catches a number of fish, but none of them is Aino.
(b) He catches a salmon that was in fact Aino.
(c) He catches a fish that tells him how to catch Aino.
(d) He catches Aino, who tells him a new technique for catching fish.
2. What does the Storyteller tell us in the first stanzas?
(a) He describes the beginning of the world.
(b) He announces that he is going to sing of war and gods.
(c) He describes the people whose epic he is going to sing.
(d) He describes his need to pass on the ancient wisdom.
3. What is the name of the baby the Water-Mother is carrying?
(b) The Maid of Pohja.
4. What does Aino tell her mother when her mother asks about Aino's walk with Vainamoinen?
(a) Aino tells her the truth about how she lost her jewelry.
(b) Aino tells her mother that Vainamoinen is plotting against the family.
(c) Aino tells her that she was set upon by thieves.
(d) Aino tells her mother that Vainamoinen stole her jewelry.
5. Who collects the chips that come from cutting down the tree Vainamoinen plants?
(a) The Maid of Pohja.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aino do in response to Vainamoinen's request?
2. What happens when Joukahainen fires at Vainamoinen?
3. What reputation does Vainamoinen gain over time?
4. What is happening when the Water-Mother experiences an upsurge of energy?
5. Where does the Storyteller get his story?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)