|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening when the Water-Mother experiences an upsurge of energy?
(a) Lemminkainen is being born.
(b) The Maid of Pohja is singing to her.
(c) Monsters are swallowing the sun.
(d) The small bird's eggs are hatching on her knee.
2. Which tree does Vainamoinen leave standing?
(a) The oak.
(b) The birch.
(c) The laurel.
(d) The aspen.
3. What are Joukahainen's stories like?
(a) They are stories of battles and tournaments.
(b) They are wise and considered.
(c) They are childish and shallow.
(d) They are colorful and interesting.
4. What reputation does Vainamoinen gain over time?
(a) He is known as a wise and wonderful storyteller.
(b) He is known as a fair and kind king to his people.
(c) He is known as a strange magician.
(d) He is known as a powerful warrior.
5. What does Vainamoinen go fishing for in part 5?
(c) Aino's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Water-Mother's name before she became the Water-Mother?
2. What gift does Joukahainen offer that finally convinces Vainamoinen to let him go free?
3. Who comes after the Water-Mother prays for relief?
4. What does Joukahainen offer Vainamoinen after Vainamoinen listens to his story?
5. What does Aino do in response to Vainamoinen's request?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)