|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Joukahainen's stories like?
(a) They are colorful and interesting.
(b) They are stories of battles and tournaments.
(c) They are childish and shallow.
(d) They are wise and considered.
2. What gift does Joukahainen offer that finally convinces Vainamoinen to let him go free?
(a) His sister.
(b) A magical robe.
(c) A necklace.
(d) The secret to his immortality.
3. Where does Vainamoinen's mother suggest he look for a bride?
(a) In the Land of Pohja.
(b) In the ocean.
(c) In the cave of jewels.
(d) At the bottom of the sea.
4. Who cuts down the tree Vainamoinen plants?
(a) A very small man.
(d) Two farmers.
5. What does Vainamoinen catch?
(a) He catches a number of fish, but none of them is Aino.
(b) He catches a fish that tells him how to catch Aino.
(c) He catches a salmon that was in fact Aino.
(d) He catches Aino, who tells him a new technique for catching fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vainamoinen do when he agrees to take what Joukahainen offers?
2. What is happening when the Water-Mother experiences an upsurge of energy?
3. Who collects the chips that come from cutting down the tree Vainamoinen plants?
4. Where does Vainamoinen plant his tree?
5. How does this lumberjack cut down such an enormous tree?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)