|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 40, 41, 42, 43, and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does this lumberjack cut down such an enormous tree?
(a) He pulls the tree up with his bare hands.
(b) He summons a team of beavers.
(c) He turns into a huge, armor clad warrior.
(d) He calls a team of lumberjacks.
2. What does Joukahainen do when he meets Vainamoinen?
(a) He challenges Vainamoinen to a javelin contest.
(b) He challenges Vainamoinen to a storytelling contest.
(c) He challenges Vainamoinen to a wrestling match.
(d) He challenges Vainamoinen to a race.
3. Who tells Kullervo that his family still lives while he is wandering through the forest?
(b) The Daughter of Louhi.
(d) An old woman.
4. What is Vainamoinen thinking about when the eagle rescues him?
(a) He is wondering what form he will find Aino in.
(b) He thinks about making the ocean his home.
(c) He is thinking about what he will tell his mother now.
(d) He is thinking about hoe to get revenge on Joukahainen.
5. Who helps Lemmenkainen capture the elk after his snowshoes break?
(a) The god of the dark cave.
(b) The gods of the mountains.
(c) Louhi's daughter's governess.
(d) The gods of the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Water-Mother's name before she became the Water-Mother?
2. What are the chips from Vainamoinen's tree turned into?
3. What does the Daughter of the Underworld tell Vainamoinen?
4. What does Vainamoinen do when Louhi offers him food?
5. What preparations are made for the marriage of Vainamoinen and the Maid of Pohja?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)