|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 40, 41, 42, 43, and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vainamoinen ride on his journey?
(a) A magical salmon.
(b) A magical elk.
(c) An burro.
(d) A magical crow.
2. What is Joukahainen's mother's reaction to Aino's marriage to Vainamoinen?
(a) She is envious of her daughter's good fortune.
(b) She is distraught that Aino will be married to an old man.
(c) She is delighted that Aino will be married to someone of such repute.
(d) She is furious that Aino will be married to her enemy.
3. Where does the eagle take Vainamoinen when it rescues him?
(a) To the ocean.
(b) To his mother.
(c) To the land of Pohja.
(d) To the mountains.
4. What does Vainamoinen tell Louhi in response to her request?
(a) He tells Louhi that he does not want to marry her daughter.
(b) He tells Louhi that what she asks cannot be done.
(c) He does what she asks and marries her daughter.
(d) He tells Louhi that he knows someone who can do what she wants done.
5. What prayer does Lemmenkainen make after his snowshoes break?
(a) He prays for Louhi's daughter's hand in marriage.
(b) He prays for the intelligence to outwit the elk.
(c) He prays that no hunters will hunt for elk in this forest.
(d) He prays that Kyllikki will leave him alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vainamoinen plant his tree?
2. How does Kullervo speak about his family when his mother asks him not to leave?
3. Who alerts Louhi to the theft of the Sampo?
4. Where does the Storyteller get his story?
5. What does Louhi do when she finds that the Sampo is gone?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)