|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 40, 41, 42, 43, and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Child tell the Maid of Pohja when she bursts into tears?
(a) He says that she is marrying the best of men.
(b) He says that she is going to be much more alone in the future.
(c) He tells her that she should console herself by having children.
(d) He tells her that with luck she will escape from her husband.
2. What does Vainamoinen catch?
(a) He catches a fish that tells him how to catch Aino.
(b) He catches a salmon that was in fact Aino.
(c) He catches Aino, who tells him a new technique for catching fish.
(d) He catches a number of fish, but none of them is Aino.
3. What are the chips from Vainamoinen's tree turned into?
4. What does Vainamoinen tell Louhi in response to her request?
(a) He tells Louhi that what she asks cannot be done.
(b) He tells Louhi that he does not want to marry her daughter.
(c) He does what she asks and marries her daughter.
(d) He tells Louhi that he knows someone who can do what she wants done.
5. What does Louhi's daughter do when she and Ilmarinen stop for the night?
(a) She carries on with another man.
(b) She writes to her mother.
(c) She escapes.
(d) She convinces men in the inn to murder Ilmarinen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louhi ask from Vainamoinen in return for her help?
2. Who is not banished from the fire by Lemmenkainen's magical songs?
3. What happens when Vainamoinen wrestles with Vipunen?
4. Where does Joukahainen find Vainamoinen?
5. What gift does Joukahainen offer that finally convinces Vainamoinen to let him go free?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)