|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lemmenkainen demand of Louhi after he banishes the storytellers?
(a) He wants to know the secret of her immortality.
(b) He wants to know who he will marry.
(c) He wants her to give him her daughter in marriage.
(d) He wants to know how to get rid of Markahattu.
2. What is the little maid doing when she hears Vainamoinen?
(a) She is collecting firewood.
(b) She is doing her daily chores.
(c) She is taking off her jewels.
(d) She is fishing.
3. What does Joukahainen offer Vainamoinen after Vainamoinen listens to his story?
(a) Magic cloaks and swords.
(b) Jewels and gold.
(c) His life.
(d) Gold, horses, and armor.
4. What does Markahattu do to Lemmenkainen?
(a) He feeds his body to bees.
(b) He disposes of his body in a river.
(c) He burns his body in a fire.
(d) He feeds his body to birds.
5. Who is not banished from the fire by Lemmenkainen's magical songs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Louhi impose on Lemmenkainen before she can give him what he wants?
2. What happens when Joukahainen fires at Vainamoinen?
3. What does Vainamoinen do when Louhi offers him food?
4. What does Vainamoinen feel as he listens to Joukahainen's stories?
5. What was the Water-Mother's name before she became the Water-Mother?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)