|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 26, 27, 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vainamoinen tell Louhi in response to her request?
(a) He does what she asks and marries her daughter.
(b) He tells Louhi that he knows someone who can do what she wants done.
(c) He tells Louhi that what she asks cannot be done.
(d) He tells Louhi that he does not want to marry her daughter.
2. What does Vainamoinen build to convince Vipunen to tell him what he wants to know?
(a) A forge.
(b) A grinder.
(c) A hovel.
(d) A castle.
3. How does Vainamoinen escape from the Underworld?
(a) He defeats Vipunen in single combat.
(b) He transforms himself into a small snake-like animal.
(c) He wrestles with the three-headed dog that guards the entrance to the Underworld.
(d) He offers to marry the Daughter of the Underworld.
4. What gift does Joukahainen offer that finally convinces Vainamoinen to let him go free?
(a) A magical robe.
(b) His sister.
(c) A necklace.
(d) The secret to his immortality.
5. What does Louhi ask from Vainamoinen in return for her help?
(a) She asks him to tame the man-eating horses.
(b) She asks him to ride a magic horse.
(c) She asks him to marry her daughter.
(d) She asks him to build a grinder.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Vainamoinen's finally arrives at his destination, how is his arrival first announced?
2. What does the Daughter of the Underworld tell Vainamoinen?
3. What is Vainamoinen missing as he works with the wood Sampsa brought him?
4. What does Lemminkainen find in his food at the wedding feast?
5. What song does Louhi's child sing after Vainamoinen has completed the tasks?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)