|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 26, 27, 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annikki tell Ilmarinen where Vainamoinen is sailing?
(a) She wants to set up a meeting between Ilmarinen and Vainamoinen.
(b) She wants to make sure that Vainamoinen does not reveal Ilmarinen's secrets.
(c) She wants Ilmarinen to get his revenge on Vainamoinen.
(d) She wants Ilmarinen to marry the maid of Pohja.
2. What does Vainamoinen catch?
(a) He catches a salmon that was in fact Aino.
(b) He catches Aino, who tells him a new technique for catching fish.
(c) He catches a fish that tells him how to catch Aino.
(d) He catches a number of fish, but none of them is Aino.
3. What is Vainamoinen thinking about when the eagle rescues him?
(a) He is thinking about what he will tell his mother now.
(b) He is thinking about hoe to get revenge on Joukahainen.
(c) He is wondering what form he will find Aino in.
(d) He thinks about making the ocean his home.
4. Who is the Maid of Pohja?
(a) Louhi's daughter.
(b) Joukahainen's youngest sister.
(d) Vainamoinen's cousin.
5. Where does Vainamoinen want to send his friend Sampsa at the beginning of part 16?
(a) To Lemmenkainen with a challenge.
(b) On a journey of discovery.
(c) On a quest in search of wood.
(d) To Louhi's house with a message.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who comes to meet Vainamoinen say that Vainamoinen's purpose is when he arrives back home?
2. Where does Vainamoinen's mother suggest he look for a bride?
3. What happens when the eagle drops Vainamoinen?
4. What does Ilmarinen ride off on, after he finds out where Vainamoinen is going?
5. What does Vainamionen do with the wood Sampsa brings back to Vainamoinen?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)