|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 26, 27, 28, 29, and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vainamoinen feel as he listens to Joukahainen's stories?
2. What reputation does Vainamoinen gain over time?
(a) He is known as a fair and kind king to his people.
(b) He is known as a powerful warrior.
(c) He is known as a wise and wonderful storyteller.
(d) He is known as a strange magician.
3. What does Vainamoinen ride on his journey?
(a) A magical crow.
(b) An burro.
(c) A magical salmon.
(d) A magical elk.
4. What is the little maid doing when she hears Vainamoinen?
(a) She is doing her daily chores.
(b) She is fishing.
(c) She is collecting firewood.
(d) She is taking off her jewels.
5. What does Vainamoinen catch?
(a) He catches a fish that tells him how to catch Aino.
(b) He catches Aino, who tells him a new technique for catching fish.
(c) He catches a salmon that was in fact Aino.
(d) He catches a number of fish, but none of them is Aino.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lemminkainen's mother warn him about when he is preparing to go away?
2. What does the character do who is not welcome at the wedding?
3. What does Aino do in response to Vainamoinen's request?
4. What does Vainamionen do with the wood Sampsa brings back to Vainamoinen?
5. What does the Lord of Pohja offer Lemminkainen after Lemminkainen complains about the food?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)