|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 37, 38, and 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man by the Fire say about stories of children?
(a) He says that they are shallow lies.
(b) He says that they contain all the simple truth of the world.
(c) He says that they can be misleading.
(d) He says that they are the cause of all mirth.
2. How does Ilmarinen punish Louhi's daughter?
(a) He throws her out into the cold without clothes.
(b) He tells vicious stories about her.
(c) He turns her into a seabird.
(d) He eats her.
3. What do the gods decide to do when they hear Lemmenkainen bragging?
(a) They turn him into a goose.
(b) They send him on a wild chase after an elk.
(c) They make him fall into a deep sleep.
(d) They discourage him in the shape of his mother.
4. What does Lemminkainen tell his bride when he arrives where he takes her?
(a) He threatens to kill her if she tries to escape.
(b) He promises to build her a bigger house.
(c) He tells her why he abducted her.
(d) He tells her the conditions she has to meet for him to free her.
5. Whom does Lemminkainen resolve to win?
(b) The Maid of Pohja.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prayer does Lemmenkainen make after his snowshoes break?
2. What does Lemmenkainen do when his happiness with Kyllikki ends?
3. What happens on the first morning when Ilmarinen wakes up next to the woman he created?
4. What causes Lemminkainen to rush home to Pohja?
5. What does Lemmenkainen's mother ask of Ilmarinen?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)