|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 37, 38, and 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ilmarinen get one of Louhi's daughters to go with him?
(a) He promises her jewelry.
(b) He sings to her.
(c) He kidnaps her.
(d) He threatens her.
2. What condition does Louhi impose on Lemmenkainen before she can give him what he wants?
(a) He has to walk across the ocean.
(b) He has to defeat the gods in a hunting contest.
(c) He has to defeat Markahattu in a storytelling contest.
(d) He has to go out on snowshoes and capture a mighty elk.
3. What is Louhi worried about, with regard to the wedding feast?
(a) Keeping the guests in line.
(b) Getting the invitations out.
(c) Having enough beer.
(d) Having too many guests.
4. Who helps Lemmenkainen's mother reassemble Lemmenkainen's body?
(a) A dolphin.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bee.
(d) Louhi's daughter.
5. What does Lemmenkainen decide to do after he is reassembled and brought back to life?
(a) He resolves to revenge himself on Markahattu.
(b) He decides to live with his mother.
(c) He takes his magic cloak back to Louhi's house.
(d) He resolves to marry Louhi's daughter at any cost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prayer does Lemmenkainen make after his snowshoes break?
2. Who is explicitly not invited to the wedding of Vainamoinen and the Maid of Pohja?
3. What preparations are made for the marriage of Vainamoinen and the Maid of Pohja?
4. What happens on the first morning when Ilmarinen wakes up next to the woman he created?
5. How does Ilmarinen punish Louhi's daughter?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)