|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 37, 38, and 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ilmarinen tell his metallic bride when he wakes up beside her?
(a) He says she is ugly and he is ashamed of himself for making her.
(b) He says that he can fix her.
(c) He says she is not the right woman for him.
(d) He says that he made her and now he has to live with her.
2. What does Lemmenkainen's mother ask of Ilmarinen?
(a) She asks him for a potion that will heal Lemmenkainen.
(b) She asks him to make a rake for her.
(c) She asks him to build her a Sampo.
(d) She asks him to knit Lemmenkainen back together.
3. What does Lemminkainen tell his bride when he arrives where he takes her?
(a) He tells her the conditions she has to meet for him to free her.
(b) He threatens to kill her if she tries to escape.
(c) He tells her why he abducted her.
(d) He promises to build her a bigger house.
4. How does Ilmarinen get one of Louhi's daughters to go with him?
(a) He threatens her.
(b) He kidnaps her.
(c) He sings to her.
(d) He promises her jewelry.
5. What does the Old Man by the Fire say about stories of children?
(a) He says that they are the cause of all mirth.
(b) He says that they contain all the simple truth of the world.
(c) He says that they can be misleading.
(d) He says that they are shallow lies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is sung at the end of the feast?
2. What does Louhi tell Ilmarinen when he returns to Pohja?
3. What condition does Louhi impose on Lemmenkainen before she can give him what he wants?
4. What does the character who was not banished do after all the others are banished from the room by Lemmenkainen?
5. What does the Child tell the Maid of Pohja when she bursts into tears?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)