|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 37, 38, and 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lemmenkainen do when his happiness with Kyllikki ends?
(a) He resolves to travel to Pohja.
(b) He marries Kyllikki to the Moon.
(c) He gives Kyllikki back to her mother.
(d) He sends Kyllikki away.
2. What happens on the first morning when Ilmarinen wakes up next to the woman he created?
(a) She is confused to discover herself.
(b) She is happy to see him, and grateful to him.
(c) She is cold and unresponsive.
(d) She is angry that he did not make her complete.
3. What does Lemminkainen tell his bride when he arrives where he takes her?
(a) He tells her why he abducted her.
(b) He threatens to kill her if she tries to escape.
(c) He promises to build her a bigger house.
(d) He tells her the conditions she has to meet for him to free her.
4. What prayer does Lemmenkainen make after his snowshoes break?
(a) He prays for Louhi's daughter's hand in marriage.
(b) He prays that Kyllikki will leave him alone.
(c) He prays that no hunters will hunt for elk in this forest.
(d) He prays for the intelligence to outwit the elk.
5. What song is sung at the end of the feast?
(a) Vainamoinen sings the praises of the creator.
(b) Ilmarinen sings his praises of Vainamoinen and the Maid of Pohja.
(c) Louhi sings Vainamoinen's praises.
(d) The Maid of Pohja sings Vainamoinen's praises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What preparations are made for the marriage of Vainamoinen and the Maid of Pohja?
2. Who is not banished from the fire by Lemmenkainen's magical songs?
3. Who helps Lemmenkainen capture the elk after his snowshoes break?
4. Who helps the young maiden brew beer?
5. What do Vainamoinen and Ilmarinen encounter on their way to Pohja?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)