|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anatole do with Sheri after her surprise visit in Chapter 11?
2. Lady Chatterley's Lover was banned from being openly published in Great Britain until what year?
3. Anatole wrote that in New York in the twenties, ethnic differences weren't ignored but were devoid of ______.
4. When was Ernest Hemingway born?
5. What did Anatole know at the end of Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the setting of the memoir. What was the atmosphere in Greenwich Village like in 1946? How did Anatole feel arriving home from the war?
Essay Topic 2
What is the meaning of the title of the book? What was Broyard's association with Franz Kafka?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the artist Sheri Donatti and her relationship with Anatole Broyard. How old was Sheri when they met? How did Anatole describe her appearance and personality?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)