Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Tropic of Capricorn first published?
2. Where did Anatole move to in Chapter 12?
3. What did Anatole not know about Saul's fighting during World War II?
4. Although Anatole admired Delmore's intellectualism and love of the literary, it was almost as though his head was so wrapped up in books that he was unable to accept _____________.
5. When was Norman Mailer born?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the artist Nemiceio Zanarte and his relationship to Sheri and Anatole in the narrative. Why did Zanarte present a case for Anatole to give Sheri her freedom?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Anatole's feelings about education following the war. What drew him to the New School? How was his military service an asset to him following WWII?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the artist Sheri Donatti and her relationship with Anatole Broyard. How old was Sheri when they met? How did Anatole describe her appearance and personality?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)