|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Tropic of Capricorn first published?
2. Where did Anatole move to in Chapter 12?
3. What did Anatole not know about Saul's fighting during World War II?
4. Although Anatole admired Delmore's intellectualism and love of the literary, it was almost as though his head was so wrapped up in books that he was unable to accept _____________.
5. When was Norman Mailer born?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Anatole's decision to seek psychoanalysis in the narrative. How common was psychoanalysis in New York during this period? To what school of thought did Schachtel ascribe?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the art historian Meyer Shapiro and his interdisciplinary approach to the study of works of art. How did Anatole and the other students feel about Shapiro as a teacher?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Anais Nin, Henry Miller, Carl Jung and Otto Rank. How had Miller and Nin known one another? How did Sheri know Nin?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)