Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Tropic of Capricorn first published?
2. Where did Anatole move to in Chapter 12?
3. What did Anatole not know about Saul's fighting during World War II?
4. Although Anatole admired Delmore's intellectualism and love of the literary, it was almost as though his head was so wrapped up in books that he was unable to accept _____________.
5. When was Norman Mailer born?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the events in Chapter 10 which led to Anatole's decision to leave Sheri. Why did Anatole perceive Sheri would have wanted to commit suicide? Why did he feel that leaving was the best thing?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Anatole's decision to seek psychoanalysis in the narrative. How common was psychoanalysis in New York during this period? To what school of thought did Schachtel ascribe?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the setting of the memoir. What was the atmosphere in Greenwich Village like in 1946? How did Anatole feel arriving home from the war?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)