|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing cute baby and childhood stories about Anatole, what did Sheri's face reflect in Chapter 11?
2. George Eliot was the pen name for whom?
(a) Caitlin Thomas.
(b) Alexandra Broyard.
(c) Mary Anne Evans.
(d) Anais Nin.
3. Where did Anatole find Sheri one night in Chapter 10?
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In a doorway.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. What illness led to Saul's death?
(a) Lung cancer.
5. Who wrote Lady Chatterley's Lover?
(a) Dylan Thomas.
(b) Anatole Broyard.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) Anais Nin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anatole know at the end of Chapter 10?
2. What did Anatole close as it reminded him too much of Sheri in Chapter 11?
3. What was Maya Deren's birth name?
4. Anatole's mother slowed her speech when speaking with Sheri because she thought ______________.
5. After how long since Saul told Anatole he was dying was he hospitalized and soon died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story did Anatole relate to Delmore Schwartz in Chapter 14?
2. How did Anatole describe his friend Saul Silverman in Chapter 13?
3. What scene took place with Dylan Thomas' wife in Chapter 15?
4. Why did Anatole close his bookstore in Chapter 11? What did he go on to do?
5. How did Anatole explain the undercurrent of his and Sheri's relationship in Chapter 10?
6. How were Anatole's and Sheri's experiences of sex described in Chapter 10?
7. Where did Anatole go after leaving Sheri in Chapter 11? How did he feel about the location?
8. What was Anatole's reaction to Caitlin Thomas' advances in Chapter 15?
9. What story did Delmore relate to Anatole in Chapter 16? What was Anatole's response?
10. What did Saul reveal to Anatole at Prospect Park? On what condition did he speak to him?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)