|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What friend asked Anatole to collaborate on a magazine piece on jazz music in Chapter 11?
(a) Milton Klonsky.
(b) John Leonard.
(c) Erich Fromm.
(d) Meyer Schapiro.
2. Who began fighting and throwing things at the welcome home party for Maya Deren?
(a) Meyer Schapiro.
(b) Alexandra Broyard.
(c) John Leonard.
(d) Caitlin Thomas.
3. Anatole thought that Sheri was weird, and she felt that he was ______________.
4. When did Ernest Hemingway win the Nobel Prize for Literature?
5. What hot spot of Spanish Harlem did Delmore and friends head to in Chapter 14?
(a) The library.
(b) The Park Plaza.
(c) Little Havana.
(d) Rico's taco's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anatole not know about Saul's fighting during World War II?
2. Anatole related that when Pablito, a ticket taker, would not allow a man in who hadn't paid, the man _________.
3. What friend of Anatole's was described as a great talker in Chapter 13?
4. What did Anatole turn off after finding Sheri in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
5. Who had given Anatole the painting in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Anatole's reaction to Caitlin Thomas' advances in Chapter 15?
2. How did Anatole relate the desires of women in the late 1940s? How did men differ?
3. How were Anatole's and Sheri's experiences of sex described in Chapter 10?
4. What story did Delmore relate to Anatole in Chapter 16? What was Anatole's response?
5. Where did Anatole discover Sheri after leaving class in Chapter 11? What was his reaction?
6. How did Anatole relate the sexual morals of the late 1940s in Chapter 17?
7. How did Anatole describe his friend Saul Silverman in Chapter 13?
8. Where did Anatole move after leaving his parents' home in Chapter 12? How did he feel about the move?
9. What conversation did Anatole have at the police station in Chapter 12?
10. What did Saul reveal to Anatole at Prospect Park? On what condition did he speak to him?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)