|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Anatole aspired to be an intellectual, when he read a book, he made sure he kept an eye on __________.
(a) The birds.
(b) The real world.
(c) The weather.
(d) His bag.
2. Where did Anatole move to immediately after leaving Sheri in Chapter 11?
3. What hot spot of Spanish Harlem did Delmore and friends head to in Chapter 14?
(a) Rico's taco's.
(b) The Park Plaza.
(c) The library.
(d) Little Havana.
4. Saul Silverman prefaced telling Anatole about his illness by making him agree to __________.
(a) Take a solemn oath.
(b) A no-fussing pact.
(c) Swear on the bible.
(d) A gentleman's agreement.
5. After hearing cute baby and childhood stories about Anatole, what did Sheri's face reflect in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sheri doing when Anatole found her in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
2. Tropic of Capricorn was a sequel to what earlier work?
3. What did Anatole not know about Saul's fighting during World War II?
4. In reality, what did Anatole and Sheri feel for each other?
5. For Anatole, sex with Sheri never became what kind of experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Anatole relate the desires of women in the late 1940s? How did men differ?
2. How did Anatole relate the sexual morals of the late 1940s in Chapter 17?
3. What did Anatole question about Sheri's "message" in Chapter 10 when he found her in the middle of the night?
4. What did Saul reveal to Anatole at Prospect Park? On what condition did he speak to him?
5. What conversation did Anatole have at the police station in Chapter 12?
6. How did Anatole meet Delmore Schwartz? How did he describe him?
7. Why did Anatole close his bookstore in Chapter 11? What did he go on to do?
8. What was Delmore's response to Anatole's story in Chapter 14?
9. What was Anatole's reaction to Caitlin Thomas' advances in Chapter 15?
10. How were Anatole's and Sheri's experiences of sex described in Chapter 10?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)