|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anatole open before taking Sheri to bed in Chapter 10?
(c) The oven.
(d) A book.
2. Where was Maya Deren born?
3. Lady Chatterley's Lover was banned from being openly published in Great Britain until what year?
4. What did Saul Silverman's mother blame for his illness?
(a) The water.
(d) Food poisoning.
5. Along with Truman Capote, Joan Didion, Hunter S. Thompson, John McPhee, and Tom Wolfe, Mailer is considered an innovator of what genre?
(a) Creative nonfiction.
(b) Action fiction.
(c) Ironic fairytales.
(d) Fictitious nonfiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Anatole attend classes in Chapter 11?
2. What illness led to Saul's death?
3. What did Anatole do after Sheri went flailing in the chair in Chapter 11?
4. How did Sheri usually sleep with Anatole?
5. After Pablito disappeared, his friends sought out the stranger. What did the friends do to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Anatole stop to pick up at Sheri's apartment in Chapter 12? What did he take with him?
2. How were Anatole's and Sheri's experiences of sex described in Chapter 10?
3. Who arrived at Anatole's door in Chapter 12? Why?
4. How did Anatole describe ethnic differences in New York in the 1920s? How did this relate to Saul Silverman?
5. What story did Anatole relate to Delmore Schwartz in Chapter 14?
6. Where did Anatole move after leaving his parents' home in Chapter 12? How did he feel about the move?
7. What conversation did Anatole have at the police station in Chapter 12?
8. How did Anatole relate the sexual morals of the late 1940s in Chapter 17?
9. Why did Anatole close his bookstore in Chapter 11? What did he go on to do?
10. Where did Anatole go after leaving Sheri in Chapter 11? How did he feel about the location?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)