|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Ernest Hemingway born?
2. Tropic of Capricorn was a sequel to what earlier work?
(a) Here on the Equator.
(b) Tropic of Cancer.
(c) Longitudinal Thinking.
(d) Change Your Latitude.
3. Anatole's mother slowed her speech when speaking with Sheri because she thought ______________.
(a) Sheri was hard of hearing.
(b) Sheri couldn't read.
(c) Sheri wasn't listening.
(d) Sheri was foreign.
4. Where was Dylan Thomas born?
5. What did Anatole turn off after finding Sheri in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
(a) The radio.
(b) The lights.
(c) The gas stove.
(d) The vacuum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Maya Deren born?
2. What was Sheri doing when Anatole found her in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
3. In reality, what did Anatole and Sheri feel for each other?
4. To Sheri, sex was an exploration of ____________.
5. Who helped bring together the book and publication of Kafka Was the Rage: A Greenwich Village Memoir after Anatole Broyard's death?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)