|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Chatterley's Lover was banned from being openly published in Great Britain until what year?
2. When Anatole had asked Sheri what a painting meant to her after she finished it, she told him that he'd never be a man until he could live without ___________.
3. Tropic of Capricorn was a sequel to what earlier work?
(a) Change Your Latitude.
(b) Here on the Equator.
(c) Longitudinal Thinking.
(d) Tropic of Cancer.
4. When was Tropic of Capricorn first published?
5. What did Anatole close as it reminded him too much of Sheri in Chapter 11?
(a) His bank account.
(b) His bakery.
(c) His heart.
(d) His bookstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Anatole grow faint in Chapter 10?
2. Virginia Woolf was a significant figure in London literary society and a member of what group?
3. Anatole wrote that in New York in the twenties, ethnic differences weren't ignored but were devoid of ______.
4. Where was Dylan Thomas born?
5. Who had given Anatole the painting in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Anatole move after leaving his parents' home in Chapter 12? How did he feel about the move?
2. How did Anatole explain the undercurrent of his and Sheri's relationship in Chapter 10?
3. Where did Anatole discover Sheri in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
4. What did Anatole stop to pick up at Sheri's apartment in Chapter 12? What did he take with him?
5. What did Saul reveal to Anatole at Prospect Park? On what condition did he speak to him?
6. How were Anatole's and Sheri's experiences of sex described in Chapter 10?
7. Why did Anatole close his bookstore in Chapter 11? What did he go on to do?
8. What had happened once Pablito returned in Anatole's story in Chapter 14?
9. What did Anatole question about Sheri's "message" in Chapter 10 when he found her in the middle of the night?
10. How did Anatole describe ethnic differences in New York in the 1920s? How did this relate to Saul Silverman?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)