|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which tavern did the writer Dylan Thomas frequently visit to drink?
(a) The White Horse Tavern.
(b) The Black Horse Tavern.
(c) The White Widow Tavern.
(d) Puck Fair Tavern.
2. Lady Chatterley's Lover was banned from being openly published in Great Britain until what year?
3. After how long since Saul told Anatole he was dying was he hospitalized and soon died?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) A few days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two years.
4. According to Anatole's writing, what national feelings followed World War II?
5. Who had given Anatole the painting in Chapter 12?
(b) Saul Silverman.
(c) Detective Scanlon.
(d) Eleanora Derenkowsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reality, what did Anatole and Sheri feel for each other?
2. What caused Anatole's mother and Sheri to go flying back in the chair in Chapter 11?
3. From where had Maya Deren just returned in Chapter 15?
4. Anatole wrote that in New York in the twenties, ethnic differences weren't ignored but were devoid of ______.
5. What did Anatole do with Sheri after her surprise visit in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Anatole describe his friend Saul Silverman in Chapter 13?
2. What story did Anatole relate to Delmore Schwartz in Chapter 14?
3. Why did Anatole close his bookstore in Chapter 11? What did he go on to do?
4. Where did Anatole discover Sheri after leaving class in Chapter 11? What was his reaction?
5. What scene took place with Dylan Thomas' wife in Chapter 15?
6. Where did Anatole move after leaving his parents' home in Chapter 12? How did he feel about the move?
7. Where did Anatole discover Sheri in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
8. What did Anatole stop to pick up at Sheri's apartment in Chapter 12? What did he take with him?
9. What did Saul reveal to Anatole at Prospect Park? On what condition did he speak to him?
10. How were Anatole's and Sheri's experiences of sex described in Chapter 10?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)