|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sheri doing when Anatole found her in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
(a) Trying to kill herself.
2. In Chapter 16, Delmore asked Anatole to accompany him where to help him decide which new suit to buy?
(a) Bradley Brothers.
(b) Brandy Brothers.
(c) Brooks Brothers.
(d) Bartlett Brothers.
3. Anatole thought that Sheri was weird, and she felt that he was ______________.
4. How did Sheri usually sleep with Anatole?
(a) On top of him.
(b) Beside him.
(c) Not looking at him.
(d) Beneath him.
5. Who helped bring together the book and publication of Kafka Was the Rage: A Greenwich Village Memoir after Anatole Broyard's death?
(a) Caitlin Thomas.
(b) Alexandra Broyard.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) Ernest Schachtel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hot spot of Spanish Harlem did Delmore and friends head to in Chapter 14?
2. When was Dylan Thomas born?
3. How long had Anatole been with Sheri when he left her?
4. What made Anatole grow faint in Chapter 10?
5. After Pablito disappeared, his friends sought out the stranger. What did the friends do to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Anatole describe ethnic differences in New York in the 1920s? How did this relate to Saul Silverman?
2. Where did Anatole encounter the writer Dylan Thomas and his wife in Chapter 15?
3. Where did Anatole discover Sheri after leaving class in Chapter 11? What was his reaction?
4. What did Anatole question about Sheri's "message" in Chapter 10 when he found her in the middle of the night?
5. What did Anatole not know about his friend Saul?
6. How did Anatole explain the undercurrent of his and Sheri's relationship in Chapter 10?
7. What was Anatole's reaction to Caitlin Thomas' advances in Chapter 15?
8. What led to Sheri flying out of a chair in Chapter 11? What did Anatole do?
9. How did Anatole relate the desires of women in the late 1940s? How did men differ?
10. What had happened once Pablito returned in Anatole's story in Chapter 14?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)