|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anatole became acquainted with Delmore Schwartz when had accepted a piece Anatole had written for what publication?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) Partisan Magazine.
(d) National Geographic.
2. Anatole thought that Sheri was weird, and she felt that he was ______________.
3. Who knocked at Anatole's door in Chapter 12?
(a) A police detective.
(b) His mother.
(d) Doug Hall.
4. In Chapter 16, Delmore asked Anatole to accompany him where to help him decide which new suit to buy?
(a) Brooks Brothers.
(b) Bradley Brothers.
(c) Brandy Brothers.
(d) Bartlett Brothers.
5. Who asked Anatole to come with him to the station in Chapter 12?
(a) Captain Montrose.
(b) Captain Stevens.
(c) Detective Scanlon.
(d) Detective Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. George Eliot was the pen name for whom?
2. After how long since Saul told Anatole he was dying was he hospitalized and soon died?
3. Who wrote Tropic of Capricorn?
4. When did Ernest Hemingway win the Nobel Prize for Literature?
5. What did Anatole do after Sheri went flailing in the chair in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Anatole move after leaving his parents' home in Chapter 12? How did he feel about the move?
2. Who arrived at Anatole's door in Chapter 12? Why?
3. What scene took place with Dylan Thomas' wife in Chapter 15?
4. How did Anatole explain the undercurrent of his and Sheri's relationship in Chapter 10?
5. How were Anatole's and Sheri's experiences of sex described in Chapter 10?
6. When did Anatole Broyard die? Who assisted in the completion of the book?
7. How did Anatole describe his friend Saul Silverman in Chapter 13?
8. What had happened once Pablito returned in Anatole's story in Chapter 14?
9. What was Delmore's response to Anatole's story in Chapter 14?
10. Where did Anatole discover Sheri after leaving class in Chapter 11? What was his reaction?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)