|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anatole thought that Sheri was weird, and she felt that he was ______________.
2. According to Anatole's writing, what national feelings followed World War II?
3. Who had given Anatole the painting in Chapter 12?
(b) Saul Silverman.
(c) Detective Scanlon.
(d) Eleanora Derenkowsky.
4. What illness led to Saul's death?
(b) Lung cancer.
5. Where was Dylan Thomas born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Maya Deren's birth name?
2. When was Tropic of Capricorn first published?
3. Anatole's mother slowed her speech when speaking with Sheri because she thought ______________.
4. What did Anatole know at the end of Chapter 10?
5. Tropic of Capricorn was a sequel to what earlier work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Delmore's response to Anatole's story in Chapter 14?
2. What story did Anatole relate to Delmore Schwartz in Chapter 14?
3. When did Anatole Broyard die? Who assisted in the completion of the book?
4. Where did Anatole move after leaving his parents' home in Chapter 12? How did he feel about the move?
5. What did Anatole stop to pick up at Sheri's apartment in Chapter 12? What did he take with him?
6. What was Anatole's reaction to Caitlin Thomas' advances in Chapter 15?
7. How did Anatole describe his friend Saul Silverman in Chapter 13?
8. Where did Anatole go after leaving Sheri in Chapter 11? How did he feel about the location?
9. What did Anatole question about Sheri's "message" in Chapter 10 when he found her in the middle of the night?
10. What did Saul reveal to Anatole at Prospect Park? On what condition did he speak to him?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)