|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his favorite authors, Anatole felt he had inherited a new set of ___________.
2. Who leased a room to Anatole Broyard after he returned from the war?
(a) Franz Donatti.
(b) Sheri Donatti.
(c) Franz Kafka.
(d) Sheri Kafka.
3. What did Sheri not approve of from Anatole?
4. Where was the school located which Anatole attended after returning from World War II?
(a) East 12th Street.
(b) West 12th Street.
(c) East 42nd Street.
(d) West 10th Street.
5. What Spanish artist presented the argument that he was more appropriate for Sheri in Chapter 3?
(a) Diego Velázquez.
(b) Francisco Goya.
(c) Nemiceio Zanarte.
(d) Joaquin Sorolla.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Meyer Schapiro born?
2. In what year did Anatole purchase a store in Chapter 4?
3. On his third visit to the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7, Anatole offered that although he'd been transfigured by love, it hadn't lived up to _________.
4. When was Meyer Schapiro born?
5. It was speculation that Meyer Schapiro was not as much a fan of modern art as he was of _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Sheri explained to Anatole that due to her medical condition she could not do what? How did he assist her?
2. Describe the apartment which Anatole rented from Sheri. What was Sheri's apartment like?
3. What did Sheri do during lovemaking with Anatole in Chapter 8? What was Anatole's reaction?
4. How did Anatole feel going into a modern art class with Meyer Schapiro?
5. Whom did Anatole seek a recommendation from for a psychoanalyst in Chapter 7? Who was recommended to him?
6. What break-through did Anatole experience while seeing a psychoanalyst in Chapter 7?
7. What explanation did Sheri offer for the state of Anatole's apartment? What did he discover about their living arrangement?
8. How did Anatole describe 1946 in terms of people's relationship to literature?
9. How did Anatole meet Anais Nin? How did he describe her?
10. Why did Anatole refrain from attacking Dick in Chapter 3?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)