|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Kafka born?
2. It became apparent to Anatole in Chapter 3 that who had put the Spanish artist up to presenting his diatribe?
(a) Paul Anatole Broyard.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) Dick Gilman.
3. When was The Metamorphosis published?
4. What was Meyer Schapiro's political association?
5. Where was Karen Horney born?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Spanish artist departed in Chapter 3, an angered Anatole refused Sheri's advances for how long?
2. Friedrich Nietzsche commented that the best thoughts came about while doing what activity?
3. Due to Sheri's medical condition, Anatole was often what in their lovemaking?
4. Anatole shocked the Spanish artist in Chapter 3 by responding to him in what way?
5. On his third visit to the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7, Anatole offered that although he'd been transfigured by love, it hadn't lived up to _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Anatole pay for his college tuition? How did he feel about attaining a degree?
2. How did Anatole describe 1946 in terms of people's relationship to literature?
3. What did Dick Gilman present to Anatole and Sheri one night in Chapter 3? How was Dick described?
4. Whom did Anatole seek a recommendation from for a psychoanalyst in Chapter 7? Who was recommended to him?
5. What put off Anatole about some of his customers at the bookstore?
6. What explanation did Sheri offer for the state of Anatole's apartment? What did he discover about their living arrangement?
7. What did Anatole feel he inherited himself from the works of great literary authors?
8. What was speculated about Meyer Schapiro's feelings of modern art? How did he appear to his students?
9. What did Sheri do during lovemaking with Anatole in Chapter 8? What was Anatole's reaction?
10. How did Anatole feel going into a modern art class with Meyer Schapiro?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)