|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a theory of mind and brain positing that the operational principle of the brain is holistic, parallel, and analog, with self-organizing tendencies?
(a) Gestalt psychology.
(b) Psychological gestation.
(c) Kafka psychology.
(d) Basalt psychology.
2. What was Sheri's last name?
3. Why was Anatole late to his second psychoanalyst visit in Chapter 7?
(a) He hurt himself.
(b) He got lost in a good book.
(c) He was making love to Sheri.
(d) He forgot.
4. What school did Anatole attend after returning from World War II?
(a) The Old School for Social Reform.
(b) The New School for Social Research.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) Yale University.
5. Where was Meyer Schapiro born?
Short Answer Questions
1. In his favorite authors, Anatole felt he had inherited a new set of ___________.
2. How many siblings did Anatole Broyard have?
3. It unnerved Anatole that Sheri never wore ___________.
4. After learning of Sheri's medical condition, what did Anatole often do?
5. When was Anais Nin born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Anatole feel about Greenwich Village when he first settled in there? How did he describe it?
2. Describe the apartment which Anatole rented from Sheri. What was Sheri's apartment like?
3. What did Sheri reveal to Anatole about her medical condition in Chapter 5? What was his response?
4. What fields of specialization is the New School renown for?
5. How was Sheri described in the narrative? What was her appearance like?
6. Who later presented the same argument as Dick Gilman in Chapter 3? What was Anatole's reaction?
7. What was the New School of Social Research known as during the Post WWII era? Why?
8. How was Anatole humiliated when Anais Nin offered him a wine bottle to open?
9. What break-through did Anatole experience while seeing a psychoanalyst in Chapter 7?
10. How old was Anatole Broyard at the opening of the book? From where had he returned? How was the setting described?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)