|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It unnerved Anatole that Sheri never wore ___________.
2. Where was Anais Nin born?
3. Anais Nin studied psychoanalysis from whom?
(a) Carl Jung.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) Henry Miller.
(d) Otto Rank.
4. What term refers to the advance group in any field, especially in the visual, literary, or musical arts, whose works are characterized chiefly by unorthodox and experimental methods?
5. What aspect of his heritage did Anatole keep hidden?
(a) Russian ancestry.
(b) German ancestry.
(c) American Indian ancestry.
(d) African American ancestry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Anatole sold to the Japanese while serving with the military?
2. When did Meyer Schapiro's family emigrate to the United States?
3. Sheri sparked Anatole's interest in what subject, despite his feeling of being alienated by it?
4. What was Erich Fromm an opponent of, which he considered an apt description of the lives of most Americans?
5. When was Erich Fromm born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Anatole stop to pick up at Sheri's apartment in Chapter 12? What did he take with him?
2. Who later presented the same argument as Dick Gilman in Chapter 3? What was Anatole's reaction?
3. Whom did Anatole seek a recommendation from for a psychoanalyst in Chapter 7? Who was recommended to him?
4. What did Anatole not know about his friend Saul?
5. Where did Anatole move after leaving his parents' home in Chapter 12? How did he feel about the move?
6. What was Delmore's response to Anatole's story in Chapter 14?
7. Why did Anatole close his bookstore in Chapter 11? What did he go on to do?
8. What conversation did Anatole have at the police station in Chapter 12?
9. How many sessions did Anatole have with a psychoanalyst in Chapter 7? What progress was made?
10. What break-through did Anatole experience while seeing a psychoanalyst in Chapter 7?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)