|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Erich Fromm born?
2. Karen Horney was often classified as __________.
(b) A conservative.
(c) A liberal.
3. It became apparent to Anatole in Chapter 3 that who had put the Spanish artist up to presenting his diatribe?
(a) Paul Anatole Broyard.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) Dick Gilman.
4. What had Anatole sold to the Japanese while serving with the military?
(b) G.I. long-johns.
5. On one occasion, Sheri and Anatole were so stimulated by Schapiro's lecture on whom that they ran to the roof of the school and made love in the dusky sundown?
(d) Van Gogh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Anais Nin consider to be one of her disciples?
2. When was Karen Horney born?
3. On his third visit to the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7, Anatole offered that although he'd been transfigured by love, it hadn't lived up to _________.
4. In what year did Anatole purchase a store in Chapter 4?
5. Who recommended a psychoanalyst to Anatole in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many sessions did Anatole have with a psychoanalyst in Chapter 7? What progress was made?
2. What did Anatole purchase in Chapter 4? How did he have money for the purchase?
3. Describe the apartment which Anatole rented from Sheri. What was Sheri's apartment like?
4. What explanation did Sheri offer for the state of Anatole's apartment? What did he discover about their living arrangement?
5. What did Sheri do during lovemaking with Anatole in Chapter 8? What was Anatole's reaction?
6. How did Anatole feel about Greenwich Village when he first settled in there? How did he describe it?
7. How did Anatole describe 1946 in terms of people's relationship to literature?
8. How did Anatole pay for his college tuition? How did he feel about attaining a degree?
9. How was Sheri described in the narrative? What was her appearance like?
10. Why did Anatole refrain from attacking Dick in Chapter 3?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)