|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Karen Horney born?
2. How did Anais Nin describe Anatole Broyard in her diary?
(a) Handsome and sensual.
(b) Fun and intelligent.
(c) Crude and boisterous.
(d) Sneaky and mysterious.
3. With whom had Anais Nin once lived with in France?
(a) Erich Fromm.
(b) Carl Jung.
(c) Henry Miller.
(d) Otto Rank.
4. Sheri's apartment consisted of how many rooms?
5. What color eyes did Sheri have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Meyer Schapiro born?
2. It unnerved Anatole that Sheri never wore ___________.
3. When was Kafka Was the Rage: A Greenwich Village Memoir published?
4. When was Erich Fromm born?
5. How many sessions did Anatole have with the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Anatole feel he inherited himself from the works of great literary authors?
2. What unsettled Anatole about Sheri when he first moved in? How did the couple get along?
3. How did Anatole meet Anais Nin? How did he describe her?
4. What did Sheri do during lovemaking with Anatole in Chapter 8? What was Anatole's reaction?
5. Why did Anatole decide to enter psychoanalysis in Chapter 7?
6. How did Anatole pay for his college tuition? How did he feel about attaining a degree?
7. What break-through did Anatole experience while seeing a psychoanalyst in Chapter 7?
8. Describe the apartment which Anatole rented from Sheri. What was Sheri's apartment like?
9. What did Sheri reveal to Anatole about her medical condition in Chapter 5? What was his response?
10. Under whom did Anatole study Gestalt psychology and Freudian revisionism at the New School? What were these teachers like?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)