|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Erich Fromm born?
2. When was Kafka Was the Rage: A Greenwich Village Memoir published?
3. Who leased a room to Anatole Broyard after he returned from the war?
(a) Sheri Kafka.
(b) Franz Kafka.
(c) Sheri Donatti.
(d) Franz Donatti.
4. Where was D.H. Lawrence born?
5. What Spanish artist presented the argument that he was more appropriate for Sheri in Chapter 3?
(a) Nemiceio Zanarte.
(b) Diego Velázquez.
(c) Francisco Goya.
(d) Joaquin Sorolla.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Friedrich Nietzsche born?
2. What school did Anatole attend after returning from World War II?
3. Anais Nin was briefly a patient of what famed psychoanalyst?
4. On his third visit to the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7, what did Anatole attempt to take back?
5. Not much progress was realized in his sessions with the psychoanalyst because Anatole could never _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Anatole purchase in Chapter 4? How did he have money for the purchase?
2. What conversation did Anatole have at the police station in Chapter 12?
3. What explanation did Sheri offer for the state of Anatole's apartment? What did he discover about their living arrangement?
4. How did the students at the New School respond to Meyer Schapiro in class? Why?
5. How did Anatole describe ethnic differences in New York in the 1920s? How did this relate to Saul Silverman?
6. Where did Anatole discover Sheri in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
7. How did Anatole relate the desires of women in the late 1940s? How did men differ?
8. What put off Anatole about some of his customers at the bookstore?
9. What was the New School of Social Research known as during the Post WWII era? Why?
10. What did Anatole stop to pick up at Sheri's apartment in Chapter 12? What did he take with him?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)