|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anatole study in order to become closer to Sheri?
(a) Existential literature.
(b) American history.
(c) Abstract art.
(d) Classical poetry.
2. What did Sheri do while making love to Anatole in Chapter 8?
(b) Bit him.
(d) Slapped him.
3. When was Erich Fromm born?
4. In what year did Anatole purchase a store in Chapter 4?
5. When was Kafka Was the Rage: A Greenwich Village Memoir published?
Short Answer Questions
1. Books were the obsession of young men in Anatole's years much as __________ were to men of the sixties.
2. After the Spanish artist departed in Chapter 3, an angered Anatole refused Sheri's advances for how long?
3. Where did the psychoanalyst who was recommended to Anatole in Chapter 7 teach?
4. In Chapter 3, a Spanish artist presented Anatole with the fact that he and Sheri were not _____________.
5. What term refers to the advance group in any field, especially in the visual, literary, or musical arts, whose works are characterized chiefly by unorthodox and experimental methods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fields of specialization is the New School renown for?
2. Under whom did Anatole study Gestalt psychology and Freudian revisionism at the New School? What were these teachers like?
3. Whom did Anatole seek a recommendation from for a psychoanalyst in Chapter 7? Who was recommended to him?
4. How was Anatole humiliated when Anais Nin offered him a wine bottle to open?
5. How did the students at the New School respond to Meyer Schapiro in class? Why?
6. How was Sheri described in the narrative? What was her appearance like?
7. What did Anatole purchase in Chapter 4? How did he have money for the purchase?
8. What was the New School of Social Research known as during the Post WWII era? Why?
9. Sheri explained to Anatole that due to her medical condition she could not do what? How did he assist her?
10. Who later presented the same argument as Dick Gilman in Chapter 3? What was Anatole's reaction?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)