|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anatole open before taking Sheri to bed in Chapter 10?
(a) A book.
(c) The oven.
2. Virginia Woolf was a significant figure in London literary society and a member of what group?
(a) The Order of Wankers.
(b) Friends of the Queen.
(c) The Royal Readers.
(d) The Bloomsbury Group.
3. When was Lady Chatterley's Lover published?
4. Anatole's friend Saul was a romantic intellect because he didn't want to change people's politics, but he did want to change their _______________.
5. When was Maya Deren born?
6. When Pablito returned to the club in Spanish Harlem, where was he injured?
(a) His arm.
(b) His foot.
(c) His knee.
(d) His head.
7. Where did Anatole move to in Chapter 12?
(a) King Street.
(b) Prince Street.
(c) Jackson Street.
(d) Sultan Street.
8. What was Maya Deren's principle profession?
9. What did Anatole do with Sheri after her surprise visit in Chapter 11?
(a) Kicked her out.
(b) Took her to church.
(c) Went home with her.
(d) Went to dinner.
10. When Anatole had asked Sheri what a painting meant to her after she finished it, she told him that he'd never be a man until he could live without ___________.
11. When was Norman Mailer born?
12. Tropic of Capricorn was banned in the United States until what year?
13. Along with Truman Capote, Joan Didion, Hunter S. Thompson, John McPhee, and Tom Wolfe, Mailer is considered an innovator of what genre?
(a) Action fiction.
(b) Creative nonfiction.
(c) Fictitious nonfiction.
(d) Ironic fairytales.
14. What hot spot of Spanish Harlem did Delmore and friends head to in Chapter 14?
(a) Rico's taco's.
(b) The Park Plaza.
(c) The library.
(d) Little Havana.
15. Although Anatole admired Delmore's intellectualism and love of the literary, it was almost as though his head was so wrapped up in books that he was unable to accept _____________.
(c) His true self.
(d) The raw data of reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. George Eliot was the pen name for whom?
2. When was Dylan Thomas born?
3. What did Anatole go to pick up from an empty apartment in Chapter 12?
4. Who reported that Anatole stole a painting in Chapter 12?
5. What was Anatole's religion in childhood?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)