|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Anatole had asked Sheri what a painting meant to her after she finished it, she told him that he'd never be a man until he could live without ___________.
2. Who helped bring together the book and publication of Kafka Was the Rage: A Greenwich Village Memoir after Anatole Broyard's death?
(a) Ernest Schachtel.
(b) Alexandra Broyard.
(c) Caitlin Thomas.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
3. What made Anatole grow faint in Chapter 10?
4. Who asked Anatole to come with him to the station in Chapter 12?
(a) Detective Miller.
(b) Captain Stevens.
(c) Detective Scanlon.
(d) Captain Montrose.
5. Whom did Anatole leave the painting with in Chapter 12?
(a) Detective Scanlon.
(b) His father.
(c) Eleanora Derenkowsky.
6. Where did Anatole find Sheri one night in Chapter 10?
(a) In the bathroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In a doorway.
7. Along with Truman Capote, Joan Didion, Hunter S. Thompson, John McPhee, and Tom Wolfe, Mailer is considered an innovator of what genre?
(a) Creative nonfiction.
(b) Ironic fairytales.
(c) Action fiction.
(d) Fictitious nonfiction.
8. Anatole wrote that in New York in the twenties, ethnic differences weren't ignored but were devoid of ______.
9. Anatole thought that Sheri was weird, and she felt that he was ______________.
10. What friend of Anatole's was described as a great talker in Chapter 13?
(a) Saul Silverman.
(b) Milton Klonsky.
(c) Detective Scanlon.
(d) Eleanora Derenkowsky.
11. Although Anatole aspired to be an intellectual, when he read a book, he made sure he kept an eye on __________.
(a) The real world.
(b) The birds.
(c) His bag.
(d) The weather.
12. Virginia Woolf was a significant figure in London literary society and a member of what group?
(a) The Bloomsbury Group.
(b) Friends of the Queen.
(c) The Royal Readers.
(d) The Order of Wankers.
13. When was Lady Chatterley's Lover published?
14. What did Anatole not know about Saul's fighting during World War II?
(a) When he fought.
(b) On whose side he fought.
(c) Why he fought.
(d) What Saul did.
15. In reality, what did Anatole and Sheri feel for each other?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Anatole move to immediately after leaving Sheri in Chapter 11?
2. Anatole told whom that he planned on keeping the painting because it was his in Chapter 12?
3. What did Anatole find Sheri doing with his mother in Chapter 11?
4. Who wrote Lady Chatterley's Lover?
5. When was Virginia Woolf born?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)