|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reality, what did Anatole and Sheri feel for each other?
2. When Anatole had asked Sheri what a painting meant to her after she finished it, she told him that he'd never be a man until he could live without ___________.
3. Where was Dylan Thomas born?
4. How did Sheri usually sleep with Anatole?
(a) Beneath him.
(b) On top of him.
(c) Not looking at him.
(d) Beside him.
5. Tropic of Capricorn was banned in the United States until what year?
6. Although Anatole admired Delmore's intellectualism and love of the literary, it was almost as though his head was so wrapped up in books that he was unable to accept _____________.
(a) The raw data of reality.
(c) His true self.
7. Whom did Anatole leave the painting with in Chapter 12?
(b) Eleanora Derenkowsky.
(c) Detective Scanlon.
(d) His father.
8. Whose apartment did Anatole stop by when no one was home in Chapter 12?
9. According to Anatole's writing, what national feelings followed World War II?
10. What did Anatole do with Sheri after her surprise visit in Chapter 11?
(a) Went to dinner.
(b) Went home with her.
(c) Took her to church.
(d) Kicked her out.
11. Who was dancing alongside Maya Deren in Chapter 15?
(a) Caitlin Thomas.
(b) Detective Scanlon.
(c) Alexandra Broyard.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
12. What did Anatole turn off after finding Sheri in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
(a) The gas stove.
(b) The lights.
(c) The vacuum.
(d) The radio.
13. Which tavern did the writer Dylan Thomas frequently visit to drink?
(a) The White Horse Tavern.
(b) The Black Horse Tavern.
(c) Puck Fair Tavern.
(d) The White Widow Tavern.
14. Anatole thought that Sheri was weird, and she felt that he was ______________.
15. To Sheri, sex was an exploration of ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Ernest Hemingway win the Nobel Prize for Literature?
2. What did Anatole go to pick up from an empty apartment in Chapter 12?
3. What friend asked Anatole to collaborate on a magazine piece on jazz music in Chapter 11?
4. When was Norman Mailer born?
5. Where did Anatole move to immediately after leaving Sheri in Chapter 11?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)