|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Tropic of Capricorn first published?
2. Where did Anatole move to in Chapter 12?
(a) Prince Street.
(b) Jackson Street.
(c) Sultan Street.
(d) King Street.
3. What did Anatole not know about Saul's fighting during World War II?
(a) Why he fought.
(b) What Saul did.
(c) When he fought.
(d) On whose side he fought.
4. Although Anatole admired Delmore's intellectualism and love of the literary, it was almost as though his head was so wrapped up in books that he was unable to accept _____________.
(c) His true self.
(d) The raw data of reality.
5. When was Norman Mailer born?
6. Anatole became acquainted with Delmore Schwartz when had accepted a piece Anatole had written for what publication?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) Partisan Magazine.
(d) National Geographic.
7. What was Maya Deren's birth name?
(a) Dagmara Dominczyk.
(b) Eleanora Derenkowsky.
(c) Eliza Orzeszkowa.
(d) Dorota Rabczewska.
8. What made Anatole grow faint in Chapter 10?
9. What caused Anatole's mother and Sheri to go flying back in the chair in Chapter 11?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) Someone broke through the door.
(c) A leg on the chair broke.
(d) Sheri pulled the lever.
10. Anatole told whom that he planned on keeping the painting because it was his in Chapter 12?
(a) His father.
(c) Detective Scanlon.
(d) His mother.
11. Who asked Anatole to come with him to the station in Chapter 12?
(a) Detective Miller.
(b) Captain Stevens.
(c) Detective Scanlon.
(d) Captain Montrose.
12. Along with Truman Capote, Joan Didion, Hunter S. Thompson, John McPhee, and Tom Wolfe, Mailer is considered an innovator of what genre?
(a) Creative nonfiction.
(b) Ironic fairytales.
(c) Action fiction.
(d) Fictitious nonfiction.
13. Anatole related that when Pablito, a ticket taker, would not allow a man in who hadn't paid, the man _________.
(b) Spit on him.
(c) Pulled a switchblade on him.
(d) Argued with him.
14. For Anatole, sex with Sheri never became what kind of experience?
15. What was Anatole's religion in childhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. Maya asked Anatole to assist Dylan Thomas by doing what in Chapter 15?
2. Who had given Anatole the painting in Chapter 12?
3. What was Sheri doing when Anatole found her in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
4. To Sheri, sex was an exploration of ____________.
5. When did Anatole attend classes in Chapter 11?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)