|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anatole's friend Saul was a romantic intellect because he didn't want to change people's politics, but he did want to change their _______________.
2. What hot spot of Spanish Harlem did Delmore and friends head to in Chapter 14?
(a) Little Havana.
(b) Rico's taco's.
(c) The library.
(d) The Park Plaza.
3. Although Anatole admired Delmore's intellectualism and love of the literary, it was almost as though his head was so wrapped up in books that he was unable to accept _____________.
(a) His true self.
(c) The raw data of reality.
4. Who helped bring together the book and publication of Kafka Was the Rage: A Greenwich Village Memoir after Anatole Broyard's death?
(a) D.H. Lawrence.
(b) Alexandra Broyard.
(c) Caitlin Thomas.
(d) Ernest Schachtel.
5. Who reported that Anatole stole a painting in Chapter 12?
(a) John Leonard.
(b) Saul Silverman.
(c) Detective Scanlon.
6. When was George Eliot born?
7. Anatole related that when Pablito, a ticket taker, would not allow a man in who hadn't paid, the man _________.
(a) Spit on him.
(b) Argued with him.
(c) Pulled a switchblade on him.
8. What did Saul Silverman's mother blame for his illness?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) The water.
9. What did Anatole find Sheri doing with his mother in Chapter 11?
(a) Attending church.
(b) Looking at photo albums.
(d) Playing bridge.
10. Whose apartment did Anatole stop by when no one was home in Chapter 12?
11. In reality, what did Anatole and Sheri feel for each other?
12. What did Anatole fear his father would see when Sheri went flailing in the chair in Chapter 11?
(a) Her lack of underwear.
(b) That she wore a wig.
(c) Her socks.
(d) Her jewelry.
13. What did Anatole know at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) There was a God.
(b) It was time to leave Sheri.
(c) Who he was.
(d) Freud was right.
14. To Sheri, sex was an exploration of ____________.
15. After hearing cute baby and childhood stories about Anatole, what did Sheri's face reflect in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Maya Deren born?
2. When did Ernest Hemingway win the Nobel Prize for Literature?
3. What was Maya Deren's principle profession?
4. Who wrote Lady Chatterley's Lover?
5. How did Sheri usually sleep with Anatole?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)