|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had given Anatole the painting in Chapter 12?
(a) Saul Silverman.
(b) Detective Scanlon.
(c) Eleanora Derenkowsky.
2. What did Anatole take with him from the empty apartment in Chapter 12?
(a) Sheri's coat.
(b) A painting.
(c) A necklace.
(d) His umbrella.
3. What hot spot of Spanish Harlem did Delmore and friends head to in Chapter 14?
(a) Little Havana.
(b) The library.
(c) The Park Plaza.
(d) Rico's taco's.
4. What did Saul think he had initially when he fell ill?
(a) The flu.
5. Where did Anatole find Sheri one night in Chapter 10?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the bathroom.
(d) In a doorway.
6. How long had Anatole been with Sheri when he left her?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Nine weeks.
7. When was Lady Chatterley's Lover published?
8. Tropic of Capricorn was a sequel to what earlier work?
(a) Longitudinal Thinking.
(b) Change Your Latitude.
(c) Tropic of Cancer.
(d) Here on the Equator.
9. Anatole thought that Sheri was weird, and she felt that he was ______________.
10. What was Maya Deren's principle profession?
11. What friend of Anatole's was described as a great talker in Chapter 13?
(a) Detective Scanlon.
(b) Milton Klonsky.
(c) Saul Silverman.
(d) Eleanora Derenkowsky.
12. Where was Dylan Thomas born?
13. Who asked Anatole to come with him to the station in Chapter 12?
(a) Captain Stevens.
(b) Captain Montrose.
(c) Detective Scanlon.
(d) Detective Miller.
14. Where was Maya Deren born?
15. What did Anatole know at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) There was a God.
(b) Freud was right.
(c) Who he was.
(d) It was time to leave Sheri.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anatole turn off after finding Sheri in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
2. Who wrote Lady Chatterley's Lover?
3. Although Anatole aspired to be an intellectual, when he read a book, he made sure he kept an eye on __________.
4. What did Anatole not know about Saul's fighting during World War II?
5. From where had Maya Deren just returned in Chapter 15?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)