|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Chatterley's Lover was banned from being openly published in Great Britain until what year?
2. Tropic of Capricorn was banned in the United States until what year?
3. When did Ernest Hemingway win the Nobel Prize for Literature?
4. Anatole told Delmore and two other colleagues about a night he witnessed what in Spanish Harlem?
(a) A rape.
(b) A car accident.
(c) An arson.
(d) A murder.
5. What was Maya Deren's principle profession?
6. When was Virginia Woolf born?
7. Where did Saul tell Anatole he was dying?
(a) His house.
(b) The hospital.
(c) A church.
(d) Prospect Park.
8. Whose apartment did Anatole stop by when no one was home in Chapter 12?
9. Who asked Anatole to come with him to the station in Chapter 12?
(a) Captain Montrose.
(b) Captain Stevens.
(c) Detective Miller.
(d) Detective Scanlon.
10. Where did Anatole find Sheri one night in Chapter 10?
(a) In a doorway.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the bathroom.
11. What friend of Anatole's was described as a great talker in Chapter 13?
(a) Saul Silverman.
(b) Milton Klonsky.
(c) Eleanora Derenkowsky.
(d) Detective Scanlon.
12. What was Sheri doing when Anatole found her in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
(d) Trying to kill herself.
13. Although Anatole admired Delmore's intellectualism and love of the literary, it was almost as though his head was so wrapped up in books that he was unable to accept _____________.
(b) The raw data of reality.
(d) His true self.
14. Whom did Anatole leave the painting with in Chapter 12?
(a) Eleanora Derenkowsky.
(c) Detective Scanlon.
(d) His father.
15. What did Anatole find Sheri doing with his mother in Chapter 11?
(b) Attending church.
(c) Looking at photo albums.
(d) Playing bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Lady Chatterley's Lover published?
2. Where did Anatole move to in Chapter 12?
3. Anatole related that when Pablito, a ticket taker, would not allow a man in who hadn't paid, the man _________.
4. According to Anatole's writing, what national feelings followed World War II?
5. What did Anatole do after Sheri went flailing in the chair in Chapter 11?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)