|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reality, what did Anatole and Sheri feel for each other?
2. What had Sheri turned on in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
(a) The gas stove.
(b) The radio.
(c) The vacuum.
(d) The lights.
3. Although Anatole aspired to be an intellectual, when he read a book, he made sure he kept an eye on __________.
(a) The weather.
(b) The birds.
(c) His bag.
(d) The real world.
4. What did Anatole go to pick up from an empty apartment in Chapter 12?
(a) Clothes and books.
(b) Dishes and silverware.
(c) A lamp.
5. When was Maya Deren born?
6. After hearing cute baby and childhood stories about Anatole, what did Sheri's face reflect in Chapter 11?
7. What did Anatole take with him from the empty apartment in Chapter 12?
(a) Sheri's coat.
(b) A necklace.
(c) His umbrella.
(d) A painting.
8. Where did Anatole move to immediately after leaving Sheri in Chapter 11?
9. What caused Anatole's mother and Sheri to go flying back in the chair in Chapter 11?
(a) A leg on the chair broke.
(b) Sheri pulled the lever.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) Someone broke through the door.
10. When Pablito returned to the club in Spanish Harlem, where was he injured?
(a) His head.
(b) His arm.
(c) His knee.
(d) His foot.
11. Anatole told whom that he planned on keeping the painting because it was his in Chapter 12?
(a) His father.
(b) Detective Scanlon.
(d) His mother.
12. Who reported that Anatole stole a painting in Chapter 12?
(a) John Leonard.
(b) Saul Silverman.
(c) Detective Scanlon.
13. Tropic of Capricorn was a sequel to what earlier work?
(a) Tropic of Cancer.
(b) Here on the Equator.
(c) Longitudinal Thinking.
(d) Change Your Latitude.
14. Where did Anatole find Sheri one night in Chapter 10?
(a) In a doorway.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the bathroom.
15. When Anatole had asked Sheri what a painting meant to her after she finished it, she told him that he'd never be a man until he could live without ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anatole open before taking Sheri to bed in Chapter 10?
2. Virginia Woolf was a significant figure in London literary society and a member of what group?
3. Maya asked Anatole to assist Dylan Thomas by doing what in Chapter 15?
4. What friend of Anatole's was described as a great talker in Chapter 13?
5. What did Anatole do with Sheri after her surprise visit in Chapter 11?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)