|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Anatole move to in Chapter 12?
(a) King Street.
(b) Sultan Street.
(c) Prince Street.
(d) Jackson Street.
2. Saul Silverman prefaced telling Anatole about his illness by making him agree to __________.
(a) A no-fussing pact.
(b) Swear on the bible.
(c) A gentleman's agreement.
(d) Take a solemn oath.
3. Maya asked Anatole to assist Dylan Thomas by doing what in Chapter 15?
(a) Walking his dog.
(b) Sitting on his wife.
(c) Fighting a man.
(d) Getting money from a bouncer.
4. What did Anatole do with Sheri after her surprise visit in Chapter 11?
(a) Went to dinner.
(b) Went home with her.
(c) Kicked her out.
(d) Took her to church.
5. What did Anatole turn off after finding Sheri in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
(a) The vacuum.
(b) The lights.
(c) The gas stove.
(d) The radio.
6. Lady Chatterley's Lover was banned from being openly published in Great Britain until what year?
7. Where did Anatole find Sheri one night in Chapter 10?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In the kitchen.
(d) In a doorway.
8. When was George Eliot born?
9. Who began fighting and throwing things at the welcome home party for Maya Deren?
(a) Caitlin Thomas.
(b) John Leonard.
(c) Meyer Schapiro.
(d) Alexandra Broyard.
10. When was Dylan Thomas born?
11. What was Anatole's religion in childhood?
12. What was Maya Deren's birth name?
(a) Dagmara Dominczyk.
(b) Dorota Rabczewska.
(c) Eleanora Derenkowsky.
(d) Eliza Orzeszkowa.
13. What made Anatole grow faint in Chapter 10?
14. What did Anatole go to pick up from an empty apartment in Chapter 12?
(a) Dishes and silverware.
(c) A lamp.
(d) Clothes and books.
15. Along with Truman Capote, Joan Didion, Hunter S. Thompson, John McPhee, and Tom Wolfe, Mailer is considered an innovator of what genre?
(a) Ironic fairytales.
(b) Fictitious nonfiction.
(c) Action fiction.
(d) Creative nonfiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anatole know at the end of Chapter 10?
2. What friend of Anatole's was described as a great talker in Chapter 13?
3. What did Anatole find Sheri doing with his mother in Chapter 11?
4. What did Saul Silverman's mother blame for his illness?
5. Who reported that Anatole stole a painting in Chapter 12?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)