|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped bring together the book and publication of Kafka Was the Rage: A Greenwich Village Memoir after Anatole Broyard's death?
(a) Alexandra Broyard.
(b) Ernest Schachtel.
(c) Caitlin Thomas.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
2. Where did Saul tell Anatole he was dying?
(a) His house.
(b) A church.
(c) Prospect Park.
(d) The hospital.
3. How did Sheri usually sleep with Anatole?
(a) On top of him.
(b) Beside him.
(c) Not looking at him.
(d) Beneath him.
4. Where was Maya Deren born?
5. Lady Chatterley's Lover was banned from being openly published in Great Britain until what year?
6. When was Norman Mailer born?
7. Where did Anatole find Sheri one night in Chapter 10?
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In a doorway.
8. When was Dylan Thomas born?
9. What illness led to Saul's death?
(a) Lung cancer.
10. What did Saul Silverman's mother blame for his illness?
(a) The water.
(b) Food poisoning.
11. After Pablito disappeared, his friends sought out the stranger. What did the friends do to him?
(a) Made him leave town.
(b) Talked with him.
(c) Murdered him.
(d) Cut off his hand.
12. Tropic of Capricorn was banned in the United States until what year?
13. After how long since Saul told Anatole he was dying was he hospitalized and soon died?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Two years.
(c) A few days.
(d) Two months.
14. What did Anatole turn off after finding Sheri in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
(a) The lights.
(b) The gas stove.
(c) The radio.
(d) The vacuum.
15. Whose apartment did Anatole stop by when no one was home in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Anatole thought that Sheri was weird, and she felt that he was ______________.
2. What did Anatole fear his father would see when Sheri went flailing in the chair in Chapter 11?
3. What was Anatole's religion in childhood?
4. What had Sheri turned on in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
5. Who began fighting and throwing things at the welcome home party for Maya Deren?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)