|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Chatterley's Lover was banned from being openly published in Great Britain until what year?
2. What illness led to Saul's death?
(a) Lung cancer.
3. Where did Anatole move to in Chapter 12?
(a) Prince Street.
(b) Jackson Street.
(c) Sultan Street.
(d) King Street.
4. Who wrote Lady Chatterley's Lover?
(a) Anatole Broyard.
(b) Dylan Thomas.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) Anais Nin.
5. Where was Maya Deren born?
6. What was Anatole's religion in childhood?
7. Saul Silverman prefaced telling Anatole about his illness by making him agree to __________.
(a) Take a solemn oath.
(b) A no-fussing pact.
(c) A gentleman's agreement.
(d) Swear on the bible.
8. When did Anatole attend classes in Chapter 11?
(a) In the mornings.
(b) All day.
(c) At night.
(d) In the afternoons.
9. George Eliot was the pen name for whom?
(a) Caitlin Thomas.
(b) Anais Nin.
(c) Mary Anne Evans.
(d) Alexandra Broyard.
10. Who was dancing alongside Maya Deren in Chapter 15?
(a) Caitlin Thomas.
(b) Detective Scanlon.
(c) Alexandra Broyard.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
11. Who asked Anatole to come with him to the station in Chapter 12?
(a) Detective Miller.
(b) Captain Montrose.
(c) Detective Scanlon.
(d) Captain Stevens.
12. What did Anatole close as it reminded him too much of Sheri in Chapter 11?
(a) His bookstore.
(b) His bakery.
(c) His heart.
(d) His bank account.
13. How did Sheri usually sleep with Anatole?
(a) Not looking at him.
(b) On top of him.
(c) Beneath him.
(d) Beside him.
14. When Pablito returned to the club in Spanish Harlem, where was he injured?
(a) His foot.
(b) His head.
(c) His knee.
(d) His arm.
15. From where had Maya Deren just returned in Chapter 15?
(b) British Virgin Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Pablito disappeared, his friends sought out the stranger. What did the friends do to him?
2. Who began fighting and throwing things at the welcome home party for Maya Deren?
3. What had Sheri turned on in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
4. When Anatole had asked Sheri what a painting meant to her after she finished it, she told him that he'd never be a man until he could live without ___________.
5. Although Anatole admired Delmore's intellectualism and love of the literary, it was almost as though his head was so wrapped up in books that he was unable to accept _____________.
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)