|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Sheri, sex was an exploration of ____________.
2. Anatole related that when Pablito, a ticket taker, would not allow a man in who hadn't paid, the man _________.
(b) Pulled a switchblade on him.
(c) Argued with him.
(d) Spit on him.
3. What did Anatole take with him from the empty apartment in Chapter 12?
(a) A necklace.
(b) Sheri's coat.
(c) His umbrella.
(d) A painting.
4. What caused Anatole's mother and Sheri to go flying back in the chair in Chapter 11?
(a) Sheri pulled the lever.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) Someone broke through the door.
(d) A leg on the chair broke.
5. Where did Anatole move to immediately after leaving Sheri in Chapter 11?
6. Anatole became acquainted with Delmore Schwartz when had accepted a piece Anatole had written for what publication?
(a) National Geographic.
(c) Partisan Magazine.
(d) The Chicago Tribune.
7. When Pablito returned to the club in Spanish Harlem, where was he injured?
(a) His foot.
(b) His knee.
(c) His arm.
(d) His head.
8. Tropic of Capricorn was a sequel to what earlier work?
(a) Here on the Equator.
(b) Tropic of Cancer.
(c) Longitudinal Thinking.
(d) Change Your Latitude.
9. When did Anatole attend classes in Chapter 11?
(a) In the mornings.
(b) In the afternoons.
(c) At night.
(d) All day.
10. What did Anatole know at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) There was a God.
(b) Freud was right.
(c) Who he was.
(d) It was time to leave Sheri.
11. From where had Maya Deren just returned in Chapter 15?
(b) British Virgin Islands.
12. How did Sheri usually sleep with Anatole?
(a) On top of him.
(b) Beneath him.
(c) Not looking at him.
(d) Beside him.
13. What did Anatole fear his father would see when Sheri went flailing in the chair in Chapter 11?
(a) That she wore a wig.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her socks.
(d) Her lack of underwear.
14. How long had Anatole been with Sheri when he left her?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Nine weeks.
15. Who had given Anatole the painting in Chapter 12?
(a) Saul Silverman.
(b) Detective Scanlon.
(d) Eleanora Derenkowsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Anatole's religion in childhood?
2. Saul Silverman prefaced telling Anatole about his illness by making him agree to __________.
3. After how long since Saul told Anatole he was dying was he hospitalized and soon died?
4. When was Ernest Hemingway born?
5. When was Tropic of Capricorn first published?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)