|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom had Anais Nin once lived with in France?
(a) Carl Jung.
(b) Erich Fromm.
(c) Otto Rank.
(d) Henry Miller.
2. It became apparent to Anatole in Chapter 3 that who had put the Spanish artist up to presenting his diatribe?
(b) Paul Anatole Broyard.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) Dick Gilman.
3. On his third visit to the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7, what did Anatole attempt to take back?
(a) His commment about being disappointed in religion.
(b) His commment about being amazed by love.
(c) His commment about being disappointed in love.
(d) His commment about being amazed by religion.
4. In what year did Anatole Broyard complete his military service?
5. Books were the obsession of young men in Anatole's years much as __________ were to men of the sixties.
(a) Sexual encounters.
(c) Rock albums.
(d) Lava lamps.
6. When was the forward of the book dated?
7. Where was Erich Fromm born?
8. Where was D.H. Lawrence born?
9. After learning of Sheri's medical condition, what did Anatole often do?
(a) Pushed her in a wheelchair.
(b) Drove her to different hospitals.
(c) Cooked her meals.
(d) Carried her.
10. When was Karen Horney born?
11. How many sessions did Anatole have with the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7?
12. How old was Anatole Broyard when he finished serving in World War II?
13. When was Franz Kafka born?
14. In his favorite authors, Anatole felt he had inherited a new set of ___________.
15. What did Anatole blurt out before leaving his second psychoanalyst visit in Chapter 7?
(a) He was disappointed in love.
(b) He was disappointed in religion.
(c) He was amazed by love.
(d) He was amazed by religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Meyer Shapiro talk more often to than his students?
2. What was Sheri's last name?
3. What aspect of his heritage did Anatole keep hidden?
4. Where did Anatole's parents live after he returned from the war?
5. It was speculation that Meyer Schapiro was not as much a fan of modern art as he was of _________.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)