|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anatole study in order to become closer to Sheri?
(a) Existential literature.
(b) American history.
(c) Classical poetry.
(d) Abstract art.
2. How many sessions did Anatole have with the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7?
3. Sheri's apartment consisted of how many rooms?
4. For how much had Anatole bought out a junk dealer in Chapter 4?
5. With whom had Anais Nin once lived with in France?
(a) Henry Miller.
(b) Erich Fromm.
(c) Carl Jung.
(d) Otto Rank.
6. What had Anatole sold to the Japanese while serving with the military?
(a) G.I. long-johns.
7. Erich Fromm was associated with what school of thought?
(a) The Frankfurt School of critical theory.
(b) The Munich School of rhetorical theory.
(c) The Berlin School of criminal justice.
(d) The Stuttgart School of American studies.
8. What was Anatole unable to open in Chapter 5?
(a) A dresser.
(b) A door.
(c) A wine bottle.
(d) A jar.
9. What was Sheri's last name?
10. How late was Anatole to his second psychoanalyst visit in Chapter 7?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 20 minutes.
11. What term refers to the advance group in any field, especially in the visual, literary, or musical arts, whose works are characterized chiefly by unorthodox and experimental methods?
12. What was Meyer Schapiro's political association?
13. Karen Horney was often classified as __________.
(a) A conservative.
(b) A liberal.
14. In what year did Anatole Broyard complete his military service?
15. After the Spanish artist departed in Chapter 3, an angered Anatole refused Sheri's advances for how long?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 14 hours.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 5 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychoanalyst was recommended to Anatole in Chapter 7?
2. When was Anatole Broyard born?
3. What did Meyer Shapiro talk more often to than his students?
4. Books kept the lives of Anatole and his contemporaries from being totally overwhelmed by ___________.
5. When was Franz Kafka born?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)