|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After learning of Sheri's medical condition, what did Anatole often do?
(a) Carried her.
(b) Drove her to different hospitals.
(c) Pushed her in a wheelchair.
(d) Cooked her meals.
2. Sheri's apartment consisted of how many rooms?
3. Anais Nin was briefly a patient of what famed psychoanalyst?
(a) Alfred Binet.
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) Erich Fromm.
(d) Carl Jung.
4. In his favorite authors, Anatole felt he had inherited a new set of ___________.
5. In Chapter 3, a Spanish artist presented Anatole with the fact that he and Sheri were not _____________.
(a) Anatomically correct.
6. How old was Anatole Broyard when he finished serving in World War II?
7. What kind of store did Anatole purchase in Chapter 4?
(a) Clothing store.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Shoe store.
8. How many sessions did Anatole have with the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7?
9. Anatole shocked the Spanish artist in Chapter 3 by responding to him in what way?
(a) In Spanish.
(b) With slang terms.
(c) In sign language.
(d) With silence.
10. What was Erich Fromm an opponent of, which he considered an apt description of the lives of most Americans?
(b) Corporate slavery.
11. Who visited Sheri and Anatole one night and explained that Anatole was completely wrong for Sheri and that he was the right man for her?
(a) Dick Gilman.
(b) Karen Horney.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) Friedrich Nietzsche.
12. It became apparent to Anatole in Chapter 3 that who had put the Spanish artist up to presenting his diatribe?
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) Dick Gilman.
(d) Paul Anatole Broyard.
13. Whom did Anais Nin consider to be one of her disciples?
(a) Erich Fromm.
(b) Dick Gilman.
(c) Anatole Broyard.
(d) Sheri Donatti.
14. In what year did Anatole purchase a store in Chapter 4?
15. Due to Sheri's medical condition, Anatole was often what in their lovemaking?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to the advance group in any field, especially in the visual, literary, or musical arts, whose works are characterized chiefly by unorthodox and experimental methods?
2. What was the name of Anatole Broyard's mother?
3. When was Friedrich Nietzsche born?
4. On one occasion, Sheri and Anatole were so stimulated by Schapiro's lecture on whom that they ran to the roof of the school and made love in the dusky sundown?
5. In what year did Anatole Broyard complete his military service?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)