|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was D.H. Lawrence born?
2. On his third visit to the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7, Anatole offered that although he'd been transfigured by love, it hadn't lived up to _________.
(a) It's abilities.
(b) It's publicity.
(c) It's promises.
(d) It's potential.
3. What was Meyer Schapiro's political association?
4. Where was Anatole Broyard born?
(a) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(b) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(c) Nashville, Tennessee.
(d) Frankfort, Kentucky.
5. When was Kafka Was the Rage: A Greenwich Village Memoir published?
6. Whom did Anais Nin consider to be one of her disciples?
(a) Sheri Donatti.
(b) Dick Gilman.
(c) Anatole Broyard.
(d) Erich Fromm.
7. How old was Anatole Broyard when he finished serving in World War II?
8. What did Sheri not approve of from Anatole?
9. What was the name of Anatole Broyard's mother?
(a) Josephine Mills.
(b) Wilma Henderson.
(c) Edna Miller.
(d) Betsy Williams.
10. For how much had Anatole bought out a junk dealer in Chapter 4?
11. Who recommended a psychoanalyst to Anatole in Chapter 7?
(a) Carl Jung.
(b) John Leonard.
(c) Ernest Schachtel.
(d) Erich Fromm.
12. Where was the school located which Anatole attended after returning from World War II?
(a) East 12th Street.
(b) West 12th Street.
(c) West 10th Street.
(d) East 42nd Street.
13. Where was Karen Horney born?
14. What Spanish artist presented the argument that he was more appropriate for Sheri in Chapter 3?
(a) Joaquin Sorolla.
(b) Diego Velázquez.
(c) Nemiceio Zanarte.
(d) Francisco Goya.
15. What term refers to the advance group in any field, especially in the visual, literary, or musical arts, whose works are characterized chiefly by unorthodox and experimental methods?
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to Sheri's medical condition, Anatole was often what in their lovemaking?
2. What was Sheri's last name?
3. What aspect of his heritage did Anatole keep hidden?
4. When was the G.I. Bill introduced?
5. What medical condition did Sheri tell Anatole she had in Chapter 6?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)