|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After learning of Sheri's medical condition, what did Anatole often do?
(a) Carried her.
(b) Cooked her meals.
(c) Drove her to different hospitals.
(d) Pushed her in a wheelchair.
2. How did Anais Nin describe Anatole Broyard in her diary?
(a) Sneaky and mysterious.
(b) Handsome and sensual.
(c) Crude and boisterous.
(d) Fun and intelligent.
3. Where was Karen Horney born?
4. Where was Kafka born?
5. What term refers to the advance group in any field, especially in the visual, literary, or musical arts, whose works are characterized chiefly by unorthodox and experimental methods?
6. When was The Metamorphosis published?
7. Not much progress was realized in his sessions with the psychoanalyst because Anatole could never _________.
(a) Tell the truth.
(b) Accept who he was.
(c) Listen to the psychoanalyst.
(d) Let down his defenses.
8. In what year did Anatole Broyard complete his military service?
9. Sheri sparked Anatole's interest in what subject, despite his feeling of being alienated by it?
(a) Modern art.
(d) Greek history.
10. What was Meyer Schapiro's political association?
11. In what year did World War II end?
12. It was speculation that Meyer Schapiro was not as much a fan of modern art as he was of _________.
(a) The debate that accompanied it.
(b) The archetecture of the museums and galleries.
(c) The freaks who enjoyed it.
(d) The colors that were typically used.
13. Who visited Sheri and Anatole one night and explained that Anatole was completely wrong for Sheri and that he was the right man for her?
(a) Dick Gilman.
(b) Friedrich Nietzsche.
(c) Karen Horney.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
14. What did Sheri not approve of from Anatole?
15. What did Anatole blurt out before leaving his second psychoanalyst visit in Chapter 7?
(a) He was disappointed in love.
(b) He was amazed by love.
(c) He was amazed by religion.
(d) He was disappointed in religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sheri's last name?
2. What had Anatole sold to the Japanese while serving with the military?
3. What aspect of his heritage did Anatole keep hidden?
4. Where was Anatole Broyard born?
5. Erich Fromm was associated with what school of thought?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)