|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Erich Fromm born?
2. When was D.H. Lawrence born?
3. What Spanish artist presented the argument that he was more appropriate for Sheri in Chapter 3?
(a) Francisco Goya.
(b) Joaquin Sorolla.
(c) Nemiceio Zanarte.
(d) Diego Velázquez.
4. For how much had Anatole bought out a junk dealer in Chapter 4?
5. On his third visit to the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7, Anatole offered that although he'd been transfigured by love, it hadn't lived up to _________.
(a) It's abilities.
(b) It's publicity.
(c) It's promises.
(d) It's potential.
6. In what year did Anatole Broyard complete his military service?
7. What class did Meyer Schapiro teach at the New School?
8. Where was Anatole Broyard born?
(a) Frankfort, Kentucky.
(b) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(c) Nashville, Tennessee.
(d) Biloxi, Mississippi.
9. What profession did Anatole Broyard's father hold?
10. Where was the school located which Anatole attended after returning from World War II?
(a) West 12th Street.
(b) East 42nd Street.
(c) East 12th Street.
(d) West 10th Street.
11. Karen Horney taught her students that neurotics were healthier than "normal" people because they __________.
(c) Imagined things.
12. Anais Nin studied psychoanalysis from whom?
(a) Carl Jung.
(b) Henry Miller.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) Otto Rank.
13. In Chapter 3, a Spanish artist presented Anatole with the fact that he and Sheri were not _____________.
(c) Anatomically correct.
14. Who was quoted as saying, "A good book review is an act of seduction, and when he [Broyard] did it there was no one better"?
(a) Erich Fromm.
(b) Ernest Schachtel.
(c) Meyer Schapiro.
(d) John Leonard.
15. Erich Fromm was known to criticize his students for not accepting what aspect of freedom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the psychoanalyst who was recommended to Anatole in Chapter 7 teach?
2. When was Anatole Broyard born?
3. When was the forward of the book dated?
4. Karen Horney was often classified as __________.
5. It unnerved Anatole that Sheri never wore ___________.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)