|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color eyes did Sheri have?
2. What had Anatole sold to the Japanese while serving with the military?
(d) G.I. long-johns.
3. When was Erich Fromm born?
4. After the Spanish artist departed in Chapter 3, an angered Anatole refused Sheri's advances for how long?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 14 hours.
5. Why was Anatole late to his second psychoanalyst visit in Chapter 7?
(a) He was making love to Sheri.
(b) He forgot.
(c) He got lost in a good book.
(d) He hurt himself.
6. What school did Anatole attend after returning from World War II?
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) The New School for Social Research.
(c) Yale University.
(d) The Old School for Social Reform.
7. What did Anatole study in order to become closer to Sheri?
(a) Classical poetry.
(b) Existential literature.
(c) Abstract art.
(d) American history.
8. How old was Anatole Broyard when he finished serving in World War II?
9. Where was Kafka born?
10. What refers to a theory of mind and brain positing that the operational principle of the brain is holistic, parallel, and analog, with self-organizing tendencies?
(a) Kafka psychology.
(b) Psychological gestation.
(c) Basalt psychology.
(d) Gestalt psychology.
11. What was Erich Fromm an opponent of, which he considered an apt description of the lives of most Americans?
(c) Corporate slavery.
12. What kind of store did Anatole purchase in Chapter 4?
(a) Clothing store.
(b) Shoe store.
(c) Grocery store.
13. Who leased a room to Anatole Broyard after he returned from the war?
(a) Franz Kafka.
(b) Franz Donatti.
(c) Sheri Donatti.
(d) Sheri Kafka.
14. To what neighborhood did Anatole Broyard move after he returned from the war?
(a) Park Slope.
(b) Greenwich Village.
(c) Bedford Stuyvesant.
(d) Upper East Side.
15. On his third visit to the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7, Anatole offered that although he'd been transfigured by love, it hadn't lived up to _________.
(a) It's potential.
(b) It's abilities.
(c) It's promises.
(d) It's publicity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Friedrich Nietzsche born?
2. Karen Horney taught her students that neurotics were healthier than "normal" people because they __________.
3. When was Anatole Broyard born?
4. What did Anatole blurt out before leaving his second psychoanalyst visit in Chapter 7?
5. Sheri's apartment consisted of how many rooms?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)