|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical condition did Sheri tell Anatole she had in Chapter 6?
(c) The plague.
(d) A bad heart.
2. Where was the school located which Anatole attended after returning from World War II?
(a) West 12th Street.
(b) West 10th Street.
(c) East 12th Street.
(d) East 42nd Street.
3. What did Sheri do while making love to Anatole in Chapter 8?
(a) Bit him.
(d) Slapped him.
4. For what publication was Anatole a literary critic?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) The L.A. Times.
(c) The Miami Herald.
(d) The New York Times.
5. After the Spanish artist departed in Chapter 3, an angered Anatole refused Sheri's advances for how long?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 14 hours.
6. What profession did Anatole Broyard's father hold?
7. What term refers to the advance group in any field, especially in the visual, literary, or musical arts, whose works are characterized chiefly by unorthodox and experimental methods?
8. What did Anatole blurt out before leaving his second psychoanalyst visit in Chapter 7?
(a) He was disappointed in religion.
(b) He was disappointed in love.
(c) He was amazed by love.
(d) He was amazed by religion.
9. Anais Nin studied psychoanalysis from whom?
(a) D.H. Lawrence.
(b) Otto Rank.
(c) Carl Jung.
(d) Henry Miller.
10. When was Karen Horney born?
11. How many sessions did Anatole have with the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7?
12. It was speculation that Meyer Schapiro was not as much a fan of modern art as he was of _________.
(a) The freaks who enjoyed it.
(b) The archetecture of the museums and galleries.
(c) The colors that were typically used.
(d) The debate that accompanied it.
13. How late was Anatole to his second psychoanalyst visit in Chapter 7?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 20 minutes.
14. Sheri's apartment consisted of how many rooms?
15. Where was Anatole Broyard born?
(a) Frankfort, Kentucky.
(b) Nashville, Tennessee.
(c) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(d) New Orleans, Louisiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Anais Nin born?
2. When was the G.I. Bill introduced?
3. When was the forward of the book dated?
4. Erich Fromm was known to criticize his students for not accepting what aspect of freedom?
5. What was Meyer Schapiro's political association?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)