|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Anatole Broyard born?
(a) Frankfort, Kentucky.
(b) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(c) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(d) Nashville, Tennessee.
2. What was the name of Anatole Broyard's father?
(a) Otto Anatole Broyard.
(b) Carl Anatole Broyard.
(c) Paul Anatole Broyard.
(d) Dick Anatole Broyard.
3. After learning of Sheri's medical condition, what did Anatole often do?
(a) Pushed her in a wheelchair.
(b) Carried her.
(c) Cooked her meals.
(d) Drove her to different hospitals.
4. When was the forward of the book dated?
5. Books were the obsession of young men in Anatole's years much as __________ were to men of the sixties.
(b) Lava lamps.
(c) Rock albums.
(d) Sexual encounters.
6. What aspect of his heritage did Anatole keep hidden?
(a) German ancestry.
(b) Russian ancestry.
(c) African American ancestry.
(d) American Indian ancestry.
7. What profession did Anatole Broyard's father hold?
8. What color eyes did Sheri have?
9. What was Sheri's last name?
10. Where did Anatole's parents live after he returned from the war?
(d) The Bronx.
11. What was the name of Anatole Broyard's mother?
(a) Josephine Mills.
(b) Betsy Williams.
(c) Wilma Henderson.
(d) Edna Miller.
12. When was D.H. Lawrence born?
13. With whom had Anais Nin once lived with in France?
(a) Otto Rank.
(b) Henry Miller.
(c) Carl Jung.
(d) Erich Fromm.
14. When was Franz Kafka born?
15. On his third visit to the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7, Anatole offered that although he'd been transfigured by love, it hadn't lived up to _________.
(a) It's promises.
(b) It's publicity.
(c) It's abilities.
(d) It's potential.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Anais Nin describe Anatole Broyard in her diary?
2. Due to Sheri's medical condition, Anatole was often what in their lovemaking?
3. When was The Metamorphosis published?
4. Karen Horney became enraged when a student in her class asked her about ___________.
5. What overwhelmed the kitchen in the apartment Anatole took after the war?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)