|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Anatole Broyard's father?
(a) Dick Anatole Broyard.
(b) Otto Anatole Broyard.
(c) Paul Anatole Broyard.
(d) Carl Anatole Broyard.
2. What profession did Anatole Broyard's father hold?
3. Why was Anatole late to his second psychoanalyst visit in Chapter 7?
(a) He hurt himself.
(b) He forgot.
(c) He got lost in a good book.
(d) He was making love to Sheri.
4. What class did Meyer Schapiro teach at the New School?
5. What kind of store did Anatole purchase in Chapter 4?
(a) Clothing store.
(b) Shoe store.
(c) Grocery store.
6. What did Anatole study in order to become closer to Sheri?
(a) Classical poetry.
(b) Abstract art.
(c) American history.
(d) Existential literature.
7. What had Anatole sold to the Japanese while serving with the military?
(c) G.I. long-johns.
8. Anatole shocked the Spanish artist in Chapter 3 by responding to him in what way?
(a) With slang terms.
(b) In Spanish.
(c) With silence.
(d) In sign language.
9. In what year did World War II end?
10. Due to Sheri's medical condition, Anatole was often what in their lovemaking?
11. What psychoanalyst was recommended to Anatole in Chapter 7?
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Erich Fromm.
(c) Ernest Schachtel.
(d) John Leonard.
12. When was Meyer Schapiro born?
13. What color eyes did Sheri have?
14. When was D.H. Lawrence born?
15. For how much had Anatole bought out a junk dealer in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Anatole Broyard born?
2. How late was Anatole to his second psychoanalyst visit in Chapter 7?
3. When was Friedrich Nietzsche born?
4. What was the name of Anatole Broyard's first wife?
5. In his favorite authors, Anatole felt he had inherited a new set of ___________.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)