|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was D.H. Lawrence born?
2. What was Sheri's last name?
3. What did Anatole study in order to become closer to Sheri?
(a) American history.
(b) Existential literature.
(c) Classical poetry.
(d) Abstract art.
4. When was Anatole Broyard born?
5. Whom did Anais Nin consider to be one of her disciples?
(a) Sheri Donatti.
(b) Dick Gilman.
(c) Erich Fromm.
(d) Anatole Broyard.
6. Sheri sparked Anatole's interest in what subject, despite his feeling of being alienated by it?
(b) Modern art.
(c) Greek history.
7. How did Anais Nin describe Anatole Broyard in her diary?
(a) Fun and intelligent.
(b) Handsome and sensual.
(c) Sneaky and mysterious.
(d) Crude and boisterous.
8. Due to Sheri's medical condition, Anatole was often what in their lovemaking?
9. When was D.H. Lawrence born?
10. When was Meyer Shapiro's book entitled Vincent van Gogh published?
11. What did Anatole blurt out before leaving his second psychoanalyst visit in Chapter 7?
(a) He was amazed by religion.
(b) He was disappointed in love.
(c) He was disappointed in religion.
(d) He was amazed by love.
12. Where was Kafka born?
13. What refers to a theory of mind and brain positing that the operational principle of the brain is holistic, parallel, and analog, with self-organizing tendencies?
(a) Basalt psychology.
(b) Kafka psychology.
(c) Gestalt psychology.
(d) Psychological gestation.
14. How many siblings did Anatole Broyard have?
15. When was Franz Kafka born?
Short Answer Questions
1. On his third visit to the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7, Anatole offered that although he'd been transfigured by love, it hadn't lived up to _________.
2. What profession did Anatole Broyard's father hold?
3. When was Kafka Was the Rage: A Greenwich Village Memoir published?
4. What did Sheri not approve of from Anatole?
5. Not much progress was realized in his sessions with the psychoanalyst because Anatole could never _________.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)