|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What U.S. President signed in the G.I. Bill?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(b) Harry S. Truman.
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
2. When was Meyer Shapiro's book entitled Vincent van Gogh published?
3. When was Anais Nin born?
4. What was Sheri's last name?
5. What was Anatole's college known as because many of its professors had fled from Europe to escape Hitler and Nazism?
(a) Refugee University.
(b) Misplaced University.
(c) Institution of Transients.
(d) University in Exile.
6. What had Anatole sold to the Japanese while serving with the military?
(b) G.I. long-johns.
7. Where was Anais Nin born?
8. What did Anatole study in order to become closer to Sheri?
(a) American history.
(b) Existential literature.
(c) Abstract art.
(d) Classical poetry.
9. How late was Anatole to his second psychoanalyst visit in Chapter 7?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 20 minutes.
10. Where was Erich Fromm born?
11. Where was Karen Horney born?
12. Where was Anatole Broyard born?
(a) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(b) Frankfort, Kentucky.
(c) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(d) Nashville, Tennessee.
13. When was Franz Kafka born?
14. Sheri sparked Anatole's interest in what subject, despite his feeling of being alienated by it?
(b) Greek history.
(d) Modern art.
15. Anais Nin was briefly a patient of what famed psychoanalyst?
(a) Carl Jung.
(b) Erich Fromm.
(c) Alfred Binet.
(d) Sigmund Freud.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was The Metamorphosis published?
2. Karen Horney became enraged when a student in her class asked her about ___________.
3. Where was Meyer Schapiro born?
4. What profession did Anatole Broyard's father hold?
5. Books kept the lives of Anatole and his contemporaries from being totally overwhelmed by ___________.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)