Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Meyer Schapiro born?
2. Erich Fromm was associated with what school of thought?
(a) The Munich School of rhetorical theory.
(b) The Berlin School of criminal justice.
(c) The Stuttgart School of American studies.
(d) The Frankfurt School of critical theory.
3. After the Spanish artist departed in Chapter 3, an angered Anatole refused Sheri's advances for how long?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 14 hours.
4. What was the name of Anatole Broyard's mother?
(a) Edna Miller.
(b) Betsy Williams.
(c) Wilma Henderson.
(d) Josephine Mills.
5. What was Anatole unable to open in Chapter 5?
(a) A wine bottle.
(b) A door.
(c) A jar.
(d) A dresser.
6. What was the name of Anatole Broyard's father?
(a) Paul Anatole Broyard.
(b) Carl Anatole Broyard.
(c) Otto Anatole Broyard.
(d) Dick Anatole Broyard.
7. Due to Sheri's medical condition, Anatole was often what in their lovemaking?
8. What color eyes did Sheri have?
9. What was Anatole's college known as because many of its professors had fled from Europe to escape Hitler and Nazism?
(a) University in Exile.
(b) Refugee University.
(c) Misplaced University.
(d) Institution of Transients.
10. When was Friedrich Nietzsche born?
11. Who visited Sheri and Anatole one night and explained that Anatole was completely wrong for Sheri and that he was the right man for her?
(a) Dick Gilman.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) Friedrich Nietzsche.
(d) Karen Horney.
12. What medical condition did Sheri tell Anatole she had in Chapter 6?
(a) The plague.
(b) A bad heart.
13. When was Anais Nin born?
14. When was Anatole Broyard born?
15. Anatole shocked the Spanish artist in Chapter 3 by responding to him in what way?
(a) With silence.
(b) In sign language.
(c) With slang terms.
(d) In Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of his heritage did Anatole keep hidden?
2. Where was Friedrich Nietzsche born?
3. Where was Kafka born?
4. When was the forward of the book dated?
5. When was the G.I. Bill introduced?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)