|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Friedrich Nietzsche commented that the best thoughts came about while doing what activity?
2. Where was Anatole Broyard born?
(a) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(b) Nashville, Tennessee.
(c) Frankfort, Kentucky.
(d) New Orleans, Louisiana.
3. Where was Kafka born?
4. When was Kafka Was the Rage: A Greenwich Village Memoir published?
5. When was Anatole Broyard born?
6. Anais Nin studied psychoanalysis from whom?
(a) Henry Miller.
(b) Carl Jung.
(c) Otto Rank.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
7. Due to Sheri's medical condition, Anatole was often what in their lovemaking?
8. When was Meyer Schapiro born?
9. With whom had Anais Nin once lived with in France?
(a) Carl Jung.
(b) Henry Miller.
(c) Erich Fromm.
(d) Otto Rank.
10. What was the name of Anatole Broyard's first wife?
(a) Collette Evans.
(b) Sophia Diaz.
(c) Jennifer McMurphy.
(d) Aida Sanchez.
11. How old was Anatole Broyard when he finished serving in World War II?
12. When was D.H. Lawrence born?
13. What class did Meyer Schapiro teach at the New School?
14. On his third visit to the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7, Anatole offered that although he'd been transfigured by love, it hadn't lived up to _________.
(a) It's abilities.
(b) It's publicity.
(c) It's promises.
(d) It's potential.
15. When was Meyer Shapiro's book entitled Vincent van Gogh published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anatole blurt out before leaving his second psychoanalyst visit in Chapter 7?
2. How did Anais Nin describe Anatole Broyard in her diary?
3. Where was Friedrich Nietzsche born?
4. When was the forward of the book dated?
5. What U.S. President signed in the G.I. Bill?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)