|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Erich Fromm born?
2. Where was Erich Fromm born?
3. What overwhelmed the kitchen in the apartment Anatole took after the war?
(a) A whiskey still.
(b) A library.
(c) A printing press.
(d) A horse corral.
4. Where was D.H. Lawrence born?
5. Where was Friedrich Nietzsche born?
6. Due to Sheri's medical condition, Anatole was often what in their lovemaking?
7. When was Anais Nin born?
8. How old was Anatole Broyard when he finished serving in World War II?
9. What is the official name of the G.I. Bill?
(a) The General's Infantry Bill.
(b) Servicemen's Readjustment Act.
(c) The Troops Pension Act.
(d) The General's Initiative.
10. After the Spanish artist departed in Chapter 3, an angered Anatole refused Sheri's advances for how long?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 14 hours.
11. For how much had Anatole bought out a junk dealer in Chapter 4?
12. What was the name of Anatole Broyard's mother?
(a) Wilma Henderson.
(b) Josephine Mills.
(c) Betsy Williams.
(d) Edna Miller.
13. Who was quoted as saying, "A good book review is an act of seduction, and when he [Broyard] did it there was no one better"?
(a) Erich Fromm.
(b) Ernest Schachtel.
(c) John Leonard.
(d) Meyer Schapiro.
14. Karen Horney became enraged when a student in her class asked her about ___________.
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Pavlov's dogs.
(c) Penis envy.
(d) Oedipus complex.
15. Anais Nin studied psychoanalysis from whom?
(a) D.H. Lawrence.
(b) Henry Miller.
(c) Carl Jung.
(d) Otto Rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sessions did Anatole have with the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7?
2. When was D.H. Lawrence born?
3. In his favorite authors, Anatole felt he had inherited a new set of ___________.
4. What refers to a theory of mind and brain positing that the operational principle of the brain is holistic, parallel, and analog, with self-organizing tendencies?
5. Who recommended a psychoanalyst to Anatole in Chapter 7?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)