Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Anatole purchase a store in Chapter 4?
2. It became apparent to Anatole in Chapter 3 that who had put the Spanish artist up to presenting his diatribe?
(a) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) Paul Anatole Broyard.
(d) Dick Gilman.
3. When was Karen Horney born?
4. What refers to a theory of mind and brain positing that the operational principle of the brain is holistic, parallel, and analog, with self-organizing tendencies?
(a) Psychological gestation.
(b) Basalt psychology.
(c) Gestalt psychology.
(d) Kafka psychology.
5. What U.S. President signed in the G.I. Bill?
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) Herbert Hoover.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Harry S. Truman.
6. What school did Anatole attend after returning from World War II?
(a) The New School for Social Research.
(b) Yale University.
(c) The Old School for Social Reform.
(d) Cambridge University.
7. When was Kafka Was the Rage: A Greenwich Village Memoir published?
8. After learning of Sheri's medical condition, what did Anatole often do?
(a) Drove her to different hospitals.
(b) Pushed her in a wheelchair.
(c) Cooked her meals.
(d) Carried her.
9. How old was Anatole Broyard when he finished serving in World War II?
10. What had Anatole sold to the Japanese while serving with the military?
(a) G.I. long-johns.
11. Where was D.H. Lawrence born?
12. For how much had Anatole bought out a junk dealer in Chapter 4?
13. What was Meyer Schapiro's political association?
14. When was Meyer Schapiro born?
15. What was Anatole unable to open in Chapter 5?
(a) A wine bottle.
(b) A dresser.
(c) A door.
(d) A jar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did World War II end?
2. Anatole shocked the Spanish artist in Chapter 3 by responding to him in what way?
3. Anais Nin studied psychoanalysis from whom?
4. Sheri sparked Anatole's interest in what subject, despite his feeling of being alienated by it?
5. Where was Erich Fromm born?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)