|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 and Postscript.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Anatole Broyard complete his military service?
2. On one occasion, Sheri and Anatole were so stimulated by Schapiro's lecture on whom that they ran to the roof of the school and made love in the dusky sundown?
(a) Van Gogh.
3. Although Anatole aspired to be an intellectual, when he read a book, he made sure he kept an eye on __________.
(a) The birds.
(b) The real world.
(c) The weather.
(d) His bag.
4. When was D.H. Lawrence born?
5. Who wrote Tropic of Capricorn?
(a) Henry Miller.
(b) Alexandra Broyard.
(c) Anatole Broyard.
(d) Caitlin Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Anatole's friend Saul fell ill, he was working as a literary critic for which publication?
2. When was Anatole Broyard born?
3. Erich Fromm was known to criticize his students for not accepting what aspect of freedom?
4. When was Virginia Woolf born?
5. Where did the psychoanalyst who was recommended to Anatole in Chapter 7 teach?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)