|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 and Postscript.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Anatole's college known as because many of its professors had fled from Europe to escape Hitler and Nazism?
(a) Refugee University.
(b) Institution of Transients.
(c) Misplaced University.
(d) University in Exile.
2. Where was the school located which Anatole attended after returning from World War II?
(a) East 42nd Street.
(b) West 10th Street.
(c) East 12th Street.
(d) West 12th Street.
3. What was Maya Deren's birth name?
(a) Dagmara Dominczyk.
(b) Dorota Rabczewska.
(c) Eliza Orzeszkowa.
(d) Eleanora Derenkowsky.
4. Where was Anais Nin born?
5. Anatole told whom that he planned on keeping the painting because it was his in Chapter 12?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) Detective Scanlon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anatole became acquainted with Delmore Schwartz when had accepted a piece Anatole had written for what publication?
2. Friedrich Nietzsche commented that the best thoughts came about while doing what activity?
3. Books were the obsession of young men in Anatole's years much as __________ were to men of the sixties.
4. When did Ernest Hemingway win the Nobel Prize for Literature?
5. For how much had Anatole bought out a junk dealer in Chapter 4?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)