|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 and Postscript.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was quoted as saying, "A good book review is an act of seduction, and when he [Broyard] did it there was no one better"?
(a) Erich Fromm.
(b) Meyer Schapiro.
(c) Ernest Schachtel.
(d) John Leonard.
2. What was Anatole's college known as because many of its professors had fled from Europe to escape Hitler and Nazism?
(a) Institution of Transients.
(b) Refugee University.
(c) Misplaced University.
(d) University in Exile.
3. How long had Anatole been with Sheri when he left her?
(a) Nine weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two years.
4. Where was the school located which Anatole attended after returning from World War II?
(a) West 12th Street.
(b) West 10th Street.
(c) East 12th Street.
(d) East 42nd Street.
5. It became apparent to Anatole in Chapter 3 that who had put the Spanish artist up to presenting his diatribe?
(b) Paul Anatole Broyard.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) Dick Gilman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Anatole's mother and Sheri to go flying back in the chair in Chapter 11?
2. Although Anatole admired Delmore's intellectualism and love of the literary, it was almost as though his head was so wrapped up in books that he was unable to accept _____________.
3. Anatole wrote that in New York in the twenties, ethnic differences weren't ignored but were devoid of ______.
4. When was Meyer Schapiro born?
5. When was D.H. Lawrence born?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)