|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sheri doing when Anatole found her in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
(d) Trying to kill herself.
2. What did Anatole do with Sheri after her surprise visit in Chapter 11?
(a) Took her to church.
(b) Went to dinner.
(c) Kicked her out.
(d) Went home with her.
3. What aspect of his heritage did Anatole keep hidden?
(a) Russian ancestry.
(b) American Indian ancestry.
(c) German ancestry.
(d) African American ancestry.
4. Karen Horney became enraged when a student in her class asked her about ___________.
(a) Oedipus complex.
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) Penis envy.
(d) Pavlov's dogs.
5. When was Meyer Shapiro's book entitled Vincent van Gogh published?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Anais Nin describe Anatole Broyard in her diary?
2. Where did Anatole find Sheri one night in Chapter 10?
3. When did Ernest Hemingway win the Nobel Prize for Literature?
4. When was Kafka Was the Rage: A Greenwich Village Memoir published?
5. After how long since Saul told Anatole he was dying was he hospitalized and soon died?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)