|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anatole take with him from the empty apartment in Chapter 12?
(a) A painting.
(b) Sheri's coat.
(c) A necklace.
(d) His umbrella.
2. Who was quoted as saying, "A good book review is an act of seduction, and when he [Broyard] did it there was no one better"?
(a) Erich Fromm.
(b) Ernest Schachtel.
(c) Meyer Schapiro.
(d) John Leonard.
3. Who leased a room to Anatole Broyard after he returned from the war?
(a) Sheri Kafka.
(b) Franz Kafka.
(c) Sheri Donatti.
(d) Franz Donatti.
4. In what year did World War II end?
5. What was the name of Anatole Broyard's first wife?
(a) Sophia Diaz.
(b) Collette Evans.
(c) Jennifer McMurphy.
(d) Aida Sanchez.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anatole go to pick up from an empty apartment in Chapter 12?
2. Saul Silverman prefaced telling Anatole about his illness by making him agree to __________.
3. What medical condition did Sheri tell Anatole she had in Chapter 6?
4. When was Anatole Broyard born?
5. Books kept the lives of Anatole and his contemporaries from being totally overwhelmed by ___________.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)