|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Not much progress was realized in his sessions with the psychoanalyst because Anatole could never _________.
(a) Accept who he was.
(b) Tell the truth.
(c) Listen to the psychoanalyst.
(d) Let down his defenses.
2. For Anatole, sex with Sheri never became what kind of experience?
3. On his third visit to the psychoanalyst in Chapter 7, Anatole offered that although he'd been transfigured by love, it hadn't lived up to _________.
(a) It's abilities.
(b) It's potential.
(c) It's publicity.
(d) It's promises.
4. Who reported that Anatole stole a painting in Chapter 12?
(a) Saul Silverman.
(b) John Leonard.
(c) Detective Scanlon.
5. After learning of Sheri's medical condition, what did Anatole often do?
(a) Pushed her in a wheelchair.
(b) Cooked her meals.
(c) Carried her.
(d) Drove her to different hospitals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Books kept the lives of Anatole and his contemporaries from being totally overwhelmed by ___________.
2. Whose apartment did Anatole stop by when no one was home in Chapter 12?
3. What did Anatole take with him from the empty apartment in Chapter 12?
4. Where did Anatole's parents live after he returned from the war?
5. What refers to a theory of mind and brain positing that the operational principle of the brain is holistic, parallel, and analog, with self-organizing tendencies?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)