|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Anatole Broyard born?
(a) Nashville, Tennessee.
(b) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(c) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(d) Frankfort, Kentucky.
2. Erich Fromm was associated with what school of thought?
(a) The Berlin School of criminal justice.
(b) The Munich School of rhetorical theory.
(c) The Stuttgart School of American studies.
(d) The Frankfurt School of critical theory.
3. Who recommended a psychoanalyst to Anatole in Chapter 7?
(a) Carl Jung.
(b) John Leonard.
(c) Ernest Schachtel.
(d) Erich Fromm.
4. Where was Friedrich Nietzsche born?
5. Where did Anatole's parents live after he returned from the war?
(d) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a theory of mind and brain positing that the operational principle of the brain is holistic, parallel, and analog, with self-organizing tendencies?
2. What term refers to the advance group in any field, especially in the visual, literary, or musical arts, whose works are characterized chiefly by unorthodox and experimental methods?
3. Where was Anais Nin born?
4. After the Spanish artist departed in Chapter 3, an angered Anatole refused Sheri's advances for how long?
5. It unnerved Anatole that Sheri never wore ___________.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)