|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anatole study in order to become closer to Sheri?
(a) Existential literature.
(b) American history.
(c) Abstract art.
(d) Classical poetry.
2. Karen Horney taught her students that neurotics were healthier than "normal" people because they __________.
(b) Imagined things.
3. What was Anatole's college known as because many of its professors had fled from Europe to escape Hitler and Nazism?
(a) Refugee University.
(b) Misplaced University.
(c) Institution of Transients.
(d) University in Exile.
4. For how much had Anatole bought out a junk dealer in Chapter 4?
5. What had Anatole sold to the Japanese while serving with the military?
(d) G.I. long-johns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erich Fromm was associated with what school of thought?
2. It unnerved Anatole that Sheri never wore ___________.
3. Karen Horney became enraged when a student in her class asked her about ___________.
4. After the Spanish artist departed in Chapter 3, an angered Anatole refused Sheri's advances for how long?
5. What profession did Anatole Broyard's father hold?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)