|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anatole not know about Saul's fighting during World War II?
(a) When he fought.
(b) On whose side he fought.
(c) Why he fought.
(d) What Saul did.
2. When Anatole's friend Saul fell ill, he was working as a literary critic for which publication?
(a) The New Leader.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) Time Magazine.
3. Anatole wrote that in New York in the twenties, ethnic differences weren't ignored but were devoid of ______.
4. When was Meyer Shapiro's book entitled Vincent van Gogh published?
5. What class did Meyer Schapiro teach at the New School?
Short Answer Questions
1. Saul Silverman prefaced telling Anatole about his illness by making him agree to __________.
2. What did Saul Silverman's mother blame for his illness?
3. For how much had Anatole bought out a junk dealer in Chapter 4?
4. Sheri sparked Anatole's interest in what subject, despite his feeling of being alienated by it?
5. What did Saul think he had initially when he fell ill?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)