Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Nakata dies, who inherits his ability to understand animals?
2. What is the only situation in which a human soul can live outside of a living body?
3. Where does Kafka embrace Mrs. Saeki for the first time?
4. Who do the police suspect has hired Nakata as a hit man?
5. Who tells Hoshino that he is "a spirit - neither god not Buddha"?
When Kafka is homeless, he lives many places. Choose two of the places Kafka lives after leaving his home and compare / contrast the settings. Then, explain what Kafka learns about himself directly through his experiences in these varied settings.
When the entrance stone is turned, it draws together two wandering souls - Mrs. Saeki and Nakata. First, describe the lives Mrs. Saeki and Nakata had been living before the stone was turned. Then, explain how Mrs. Saeki and Nakata complete each other, and what the effects of their final meeting were.
Both Kafka and Nakata are inexplicably drawn to Southern Japan in search of healing. First, describe the circumstances that draws each man away from his home. Then, compare / contrast the relief each man finds upon finally reaching his destination.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)