Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weather storms into the city after Hoshino steals the entrance stone?
2. Why does Kafka think his mother abandoned him?
3. Who does Hoshino wait to hear from before closing the entrance stone?
4. Who tells Hoshino that he is "a spirit - neither god not Buddha"?
5. Which war does Oshima have a fantasy of fighting in?
When Kafka was a young boy, his father made two prophecies about him. First, explain what the two prophecies were and what Kafka's reactions were to the prophecies. Then, explain whether or not these prophecies came true, and what the reader learned about Kafka through this process.
The face of evil took many different forms in this novel - Johnny Walker, Colonel Sanders, and the white salamander. First, describe how each of these creatures embodied the force of evil. Then, explain why each of these beings was so intent on opening the entrance stone.
There are many talking animals in this novel. First, create a list of animal characters and explain their role within the novel. Then, discuss your reaction to the presence of talking animals in an adult novel. Was their integration into the storyline successful? Why or why not? How does their presence make this novel fit into the genre of magical realism?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)