Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weather storms into the city after Hoshino steals the entrance stone?
2. Why does Kafka think his mother abandoned him?
3. Who does Hoshino wait to hear from before closing the entrance stone?
4. Who tells Hoshino that he is "a spirit - neither god not Buddha"?
5. Which war does Oshima have a fantasy of fighting in?
Essay Topic 1
When Kafka was a young boy, his father made two prophecies about him. First, explain what the two prophecies were and what Kafka's reactions were to the prophecies. Then, explain whether or not these prophecies came true, and what the reader learned about Kafka through this process.
Essay Topic 2
When Kafka is homeless, he lives many places. Choose two of the places Kafka lives after leaving his home and compare / contrast the settings. Then, explain what Kafka learns about himself directly through his experiences in these varied settings.
Essay Topic 3
Through the use of the entrance stone, Nakata realizes that humans can fully interact with the spirit world. First, explain how Nakata got his hands on the entrance stone. Then, explain how Nakata figured out how to use the entrance stone. Finally, explain what Nakata learned about himself through the use of the entrance stone.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)