|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people disappeared in the woods near Oshima's cabin?
2. What does Nakata decide is the location where the portal from the entrance stone has been opened?
(a) The library.
(b) The woods.
(c) The religious shrine.
(d) The river.
3. Which of the following characters encounters Johnny Walker while walking through the woods?
4. Which character reminds Kafka that "love is accompanied by sadness"?
5. What is pachinko?
(b) A child's toy.
(c) A type of sticky rice.
(d) A gambling game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is NOT a theme in the song "Kafka on the Shore"?
2. Who does Mrs. Saeki think is the boy from the painting in the library?
3. Which of the following is NOT something that ceases to matter in the deserted village?
4. Who has arranged for Nakata to live in the free apartments provided by the government?
5. Whose spirit does Mrs. Saeki think is living inside Kafka's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Saeki ask Nakata to do with her memoirs?
2. How do Nakata and Hoshino know that the entrance stone is working?
3. What happens when Crow encounters Johnny Walker in the enchanted woods?
4. Why did Mrs. Saeki first open the entrance stone?
5. How does Kafka react to the desolate village that the Japanese soldiers guide him to?
6. What arrangements does Colonel Sanders make for Nakata and Hoshino while the police are on their manhunt?
7. Why does Colonel Sanders bring Hoshino to the religious shrine?
8. What happens to Nakata when Mrs. Saeki rests her hands against his chest?
9. How does Mrs. Saeki react when Kafka confronts her about the possibility that she is his mother?
10. How does Kafka react when he is approached by the Japanese soldiers in Oshima's woods?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)