|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did Hoshino steal the entrance stone?
(a) From a river.
(b) From a playground.
(c) From a religious shrine.
(d) From a cemetery.
2. Who was Mrs. Saeki trying to save when she opened the entrance stone?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her lover.
(d) Her father.
3. Which of the following characters encounters Johnny Walker while walking through the woods?
4. What weather storms into the city after Hoshino steals the entrance stone?
5. How does Johnny Walker react when someone tries to kill him in the woods?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He weeps.
(c) He faints.
(d) He ignores the attack completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Kafka think he has with Mrs. Saeki?
2. Whose spirit does Mrs. Saeki think is living inside Kafka's body?
3. What is the first thing Nakata requests after waking from his nap?
4. Which of the following Greek mythologies is a parallel to Kafka's life?
5. Which of the following is NOT something that ceases to matter in the deserted village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Mrs. Saeki sleepwalks into Kafka's bedroom?
2. What conversation does Hoshino get into with the elderly coffee shop owner the day that the entrance stone is flipped?
3. How does evil try to escape Limbo?
4. How does Kafka react to the desolate village that the Japanese soldiers guide him to?
5. While wandering through the woods, what disturbing dream does Kafka have about Sakura?
6. How does Kafka react when he is approached by the Japanese soldiers in Oshima's woods?
7. Why does Colonel Sanders bring Hoshino to the religious shrine?
8. What happens to Nakata when Mrs. Saeki rests her hands against his chest?
9. Why does Oshima wake Kafka in the middle of the night with a frantic phone call?
10. What does Mrs. Saeki ask Nakata to do with her memoirs?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)