|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the entrance stone?
2. What does Kafka bring with him into the woods in case he should decide to kill himself?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A handful of arsenic.
(d) A noose.
3. When Mrs. Saeki rests her hand on Nakata's chest, what rushes into him?
4. Who is the director of the films that Hoshino watches back to back?
(a) Jean-Luc Godard.
(b) Alain Resnais.
(c) Francois Truffaut.
(d) Claude Chabrol.
5. What film does Kafka watch upon arriving at the desolate village?
(a) Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
(b) The Sound of Music.
(c) The Wizard of Oz.
(d) Mary Poppins.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nakata falls asleep, how long does he usually slumber?
2. Where does Kafka embrace Mrs. Saeki for the first time?
3. Which war does Oshima have a fantasy of fighting in?
4. What does Kafka feel connected to in nature as he is wandering through the woods?
5. What happens to Mrs. Saeki after Nakata leaves the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Colonel Sanders explain his physical form to Hoshino?
2. How does Kafka react when he is approached by the Japanese soldiers in Oshima's woods?
3. What conversation does Hoshino get into with the elderly coffee shop owner the day that the entrance stone is flipped?
4. What happens when Crow encounters Johnny Walker in the enchanted woods?
5. How does evil try to escape Limbo?
6. While wandering through the woods, what disturbing dream does Kafka have about Sakura?
7. How does Kafka react to the desolate village that the Japanese soldiers guide him to?
8. Why did Mrs. Saeki first open the entrance stone?
9. What happened to the two soldiers that went for a walk in the woods surrounding Oshima's cabin?
10. Who is Colonel Sanders?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)