|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that ceases to matter in the deserted village?
2. What form does pure evil take when it tries to sneak through the entrance stone?
(a) The form of an otter.
(b) The form of a salamander.
(c) The form of a kitten.
(d) The form of a butterfly.
3. What is the one thing that Hoshino wishes he could change about himself?
(a) He wishes he was better looking.
(b) He wishes he was stronger.
(c) He wishes he was smarter.
(d) He wishes he was thinner.
4. Which character reminds Kafka that "love is accompanied by sadness"?
5. What does the word "Kafka" translate to from Czech?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following phrases does Mrs. Saeki use to describe herself?
2. What film does Kafka watch upon arriving at the desolate village?
3. Who does Mrs. Saeki think is the boy from the painting in the library?
4. What color is the entrance stone?
5. Where does Oshima find a copy of Mrs. Saeki's hit song on vinyl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kafka decide to do with his life after emerging from Limbo?
2. How do Nakata and Hoshino know that the entrance stone is working?
3. How does Mrs. Saeki respond when Nakata bursts into her office demanding to talk about the entrance stone?
4. What happens when Crow encounters Johnny Walker in the enchanted woods?
5. How does Mrs. Saeki react when Kafka confronts her about the possibility that she is his mother?
6. How does Colonel Sanders explain his physical form to Hoshino?
7. How does evil try to escape Limbo?
8. Why does Colonel Sanders bring Hoshino to the religious shrine?
9. How does Kafka react to the desolate village that the Japanese soldiers guide him to?
10. How does Hoshino care for Nakata after he dies?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)