|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage does Kafka bring to Mrs. Saeki every day at the same time?
2. From where did Hoshino steal the entrance stone?
(a) From a playground.
(b) From a religious shrine.
(c) From a cemetery.
(d) From a river.
3. How does Hoshino carry the entrance stone back to his hotel room?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) In a backpack.
(c) In a taxi cab.
(d) In a wagon.
4. How does Johnny Walker react when someone tries to kill him in the woods?
(a) He faints.
(b) He weeps.
(c) He ignores the attack completely.
(d) He laughs.
5. Why does Kafka think his mother abandoned him?
(a) Because she was not his real mother.
(b) Because she hated him.
(c) Because his father demanded it.
(d) Because she was afraid of loving him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kafka bring with him into the woods in case he should decide to kill himself?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Hoshino does to pass the time while Nakata sleeps?
3. Whose home does the cabin in the desolate village remind Kafka of?
4. When Nakata falls asleep, how long does he usually slumber?
5. Which of the following characters accidentally admits to being from the same area where Kafka's father was murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Nakata and Hoshino know that the entrance stone is working?
2. What arrangements does Colonel Sanders make for Nakata and Hoshino while the police are on their manhunt?
3. How does Mrs. Saeki respond when Nakata bursts into her office demanding to talk about the entrance stone?
4. How does Colonel Sanders explain his physical form to Hoshino?
5. How does Hoshino care for Nakata after he dies?
6. How does Kafka react to the desolate village that the Japanese soldiers guide him to?
7. Why did Mrs. Saeki first open the entrance stone?
8. What happens with Mrs. Saeki sleepwalks into Kafka's bedroom?
9. What happened to the two soldiers that went for a walk in the woods surrounding Oshima's cabin?
10. What is the origin of Kafka's name?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)