|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Hoshino does to pass the time while Nakata sleeps?
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Drinking alcohol.
(d) Eating food.
2. How does Johnny Walker react when someone tries to kill him in the woods?
(a) He faints.
(b) He ignores the attack completely.
(c) He weeps.
(d) He laughs.
3. What beverage does Kafka bring to Mrs. Saeki every day at the same time?
4. From where did Hoshino steal the entrance stone?
(a) From a cemetery.
(b) From a religious shrine.
(c) From a playground.
(d) From a river.
5. What does Nakata decide is the location where the portal from the entrance stone has been opened?
(a) The library.
(b) The river.
(c) The religious shrine.
(d) The woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people did Mrs. Saeki write a book about?
2. What is the name of Mrs. Saeki's spirit?
3. Why does Kafka think his mother abandoned him?
4. When Nakata falls asleep, how long does he usually slumber?
5. On what day do Nakata and Hoshino arrive at the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kafka decide to do with his life after emerging from Limbo?
2. What arrangements does Colonel Sanders make for Nakata and Hoshino while the police are on their manhunt?
3. How does evil try to escape Limbo?
4. How does Hoshino care for Nakata after he dies?
5. What does Mrs. Saeki ask Nakata to do with her memoirs?
6. How do Nakata and Hoshino know that the entrance stone is working?
7. Why does Colonel Sanders bring Hoshino to the religious shrine?
8. What happens with Mrs. Saeki sleepwalks into Kafka's bedroom?
9. How does Mrs. Saeki respond when Nakata bursts into her office demanding to talk about the entrance stone?
10. Why did Mrs. Saeki first open the entrance stone?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)