|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Kafka's father when he was struck by lightning?
(a) At the golf course.
(b) In the shower.
(c) At the apple orchard.
(d) Swimming in the ocean.
2. What type of store does Oshima's brother own?
(a) A surf shop.
(b) A pet shop.
(c) A cake shop.
(d) A tuxedo shop.
3. What does Kafka feel connected to in nature as he is wandering through the woods?
(a) The cadence.
(b) The songs.
(c) The scents.
(d) The rhythm.
4. Where does Kafka embrace Mrs. Saeki for the first time?
(a) At the beach.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) At the library.
(d) At the movie theater.
5. Where does Hoshino promise to take Nakata when things blow over with the police?
(a) To an aviary.
(b) To a botanical garden.
(c) To the zoo.
(d) To an aquarium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the director of the films that Hoshino watches back to back?
2. Which of the following characters lies about seeing Kafka in order to protect him from the searching police?
3. Who closes the entrance stone?
4. Which of the following spirits frequents Kafka's bedroom while he is sleeping?
5. What does Mrs. Saeki claim defines Kafka even though he is very young?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)