|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "Kafka" translate to from Czech?
2. On what day do Nakata and Hoshino arrive at the library?
3. Who is asked to kill evil before it can escape through the entrance stone?
4. From where did Hoshino steal the entrance stone?
(a) From a river.
(b) From a cemetery.
(c) From a religious shrine.
(d) From a playground.
5. Where does Hoshino promise to take Nakata when things blow over with the police?
(a) To an aviary.
(b) To a botanical garden.
(c) To an aquarium.
(d) To the zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage does Kafka bring to Mrs. Saeki every day at the same time?
2. What type of people did Mrs. Saeki write a book about?
3. Whose home does the cabin in the desolate village remind Kafka of?
4. How does Mrs. Saeki react when Nakata begs to speak with her about the entrance stone?
5. How does Johnny Walker react when someone tries to kill him in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What book did Mrs.Saeki write after collecting interviews?
2. What arrangements does Colonel Sanders make for Nakata and Hoshino while the police are on their manhunt?
3. While wandering through the woods, what disturbing dream does Kafka have about Sakura?
4. Why does Oshima wake Kafka in the middle of the night with a frantic phone call?
5. What does Kafka decide to do with his life after emerging from Limbo?
6. What does Mrs. Saeki ask Nakata to do with her memoirs?
7. What happens when Crow encounters Johnny Walker in the enchanted woods?
8. How does Kafka react to the desolate village that the Japanese soldiers guide him to?
9. What conversation does Hoshino get into with the elderly coffee shop owner the day that the entrance stone is flipped?
10. How do Nakata and Hoshino know that the entrance stone is working?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)