|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Nakata falls asleep, how long does he usually slumber?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
2. What part of Hoshino's body pains him until Nakata fixes it for him?
(a) He neck.
(b) His knees.
(c) His ankle.
(d) His spine.
3. How old is Mrs. Saeki's spirit that keeps Kafka company in the deserted village?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Twenty years old.
4. Who does Hoshino wait to hear from before closing the entrance stone?
(b) Colonel Sanders.
(c) Mrs. Saeki.
(d) Johnny Walker.
5. Who is the director of the films that Hoshino watches back to back?
(a) Jean-Luc Godard.
(b) Francois Truffaut.
(c) Alain Resnais.
(d) Claude Chabrol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kafka think his mother abandoned him?
2. Who is the only other person that Kafka encounters as he is wandering through the woods?
3. What is the only situation in which a human soul can live outside of a living body?
4. What is the name of the philosopher that the prostitute recites, that Hoshino meets?
5. Who has arranged for Nakata to live in the free apartments provided by the government?
Short Essay Questions
1. While wandering through the woods, what disturbing dream does Kafka have about Sakura?
2. What happens when Crow encounters Johnny Walker in the enchanted woods?
3. Why does Colonel Sanders bring Hoshino to the religious shrine?
4. What book did Mrs.Saeki write after collecting interviews?
5. How does Mrs. Saeki react when Kafka confronts her about the possibility that she is his mother?
6. How does Colonel Sanders explain his physical form to Hoshino?
7. How does Kafka react when he is approached by the Japanese soldiers in Oshima's woods?
8. How does Mrs. Saeki convince Kafka to leave the world of the deserted village and go back where he belongs?
9. What does Kafka decide to do with his life after emerging from Limbo?
10. Who is Colonel Sanders?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)