|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Johnny Walker react when someone tries to kill him in the woods?
(a) He faints.
(b) He weeps.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He ignores the attack completely.
2. What does Nakata decide is the location where the portal from the entrance stone has been opened?
(a) The library.
(b) The river.
(c) The woods.
(d) The religious shrine.
3. What type of store does Oshima's brother own?
(a) A tuxedo shop.
(b) A surf shop.
(c) A cake shop.
(d) A pet shop.
4. Which war does Oshima have a fantasy of fighting in?
(b) The American Civil War.
(c) Desert Storm.
(d) The Spanish Civil War.
5. What classical musician is the topic of conversation at the coffee shop that Hoshino frequents?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nakata feel after the entrance stone is flipped?
2. Who does Hoshino wait to hear from before closing the entrance stone?
3. What does Colonel Sanders do for a living?
4. What does Mrs. Saeki claim defines Kafka even though he is very young?
5. What is the one thing that Hoshino wishes he could change about himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Saeki react when Kafka confronts her about the possibility that she is his mother?
2. How does Kafka react to the desolate village that the Japanese soldiers guide him to?
3. Who is Colonel Sanders?
4. What does Kafka decide to do with his life after emerging from Limbo?
5. Why does Oshima wake Kafka in the middle of the night with a frantic phone call?
6. How does evil try to escape Limbo?
7. How do Nakata and Hoshino know that the entrance stone is working?
8. What happens to Nakata when Mrs. Saeki rests her hands against his chest?
9. How does Hoshino care for Nakata after he dies?
10. How does Kafka react when he is approached by the Japanese soldiers in Oshima's woods?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)