|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage does Kafka bring to Mrs. Saeki every day at the same time?
2. Who arranges for Nakata to stay at a posh apartment while the police are searching for him?
(b) Johnny Walker.
(c) Colonel Sanders.
(d) Mrs. Saeki.
3. When Mrs. Saeki rests her hand on Nakata's chest, what rushes into him?
4. What type of store does Oshima's brother own?
(a) A cake shop.
(b) A pet shop.
(c) A tuxedo shop.
(d) A surf shop.
5. What is the only situation in which a human soul can live outside of a living body?
(a) There is no way for the soul and body to be separated.
(b) If the body is evil.
(c) If the soul is angelic.
(d) If the soul has been split.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the entrance stone?
2. What does Kafka feel connected to in nature as he is wandering through the woods?
3. Who does the spirit really belong to that visits Kafka?
4. What is pachinko?
5. Who has arranged for Nakata to live in the free apartments provided by the government?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Saeki ask Nakata to do with her memoirs?
2. How does Kafka react to the desolate village that the Japanese soldiers guide him to?
3. Why does Colonel Sanders bring Hoshino to the religious shrine?
4. How does Kafka react when he is approached by the Japanese soldiers in Oshima's woods?
5. What does Kafka decide to do with his life after emerging from Limbo?
6. What happens to Nakata when Mrs. Saeki rests her hands against his chest?
7. What arrangements does Colonel Sanders make for Nakata and Hoshino while the police are on their manhunt?
8. What is the origin of Kafka's name?
9. How does Hoshino care for Nakata after he dies?
10. How do Nakata and Hoshino know that the entrance stone is working?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)