|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only situation in which a human soul can live outside of a living body?
(a) If the body is evil.
(b) If the soul has been split.
(c) There is no way for the soul and body to be separated.
(d) If the soul is angelic.
2. Which of the following characters encounters Johnny Walker while walking through the woods?
3. Where was Kafka's father when he was struck by lightning?
(a) At the golf course.
(b) At the apple orchard.
(c) Swimming in the ocean.
(d) In the shower.
4. When Nakata falls asleep, how long does he usually slumber?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
5. What is the one thing that Hoshino wishes he could change about himself?
(a) He wishes he was better looking.
(b) He wishes he was thinner.
(c) He wishes he was stronger.
(d) He wishes he was smarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Saeki's spirit?
2. Who does Hoshino wait to hear from before closing the entrance stone?
3. Who is the director of the films that Hoshino watches back to back?
4. How does Johnny Walker react when someone tries to kill him in the woods?
5. How old was Mrs. Saeki when she opened the entrance stone for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation does Hoshino get into with the elderly coffee shop owner the day that the entrance stone is flipped?
2. What does Kafka decide to do with his life after emerging from Limbo?
3. How does Colonel Sanders explain his physical form to Hoshino?
4. What happens to Nakata when Mrs. Saeki rests her hands against his chest?
5. How does evil try to escape Limbo?
6. Why does Oshima wake Kafka in the middle of the night with a frantic phone call?
7. What arrangements does Colonel Sanders make for Nakata and Hoshino while the police are on their manhunt?
8. While wandering through the woods, what disturbing dream does Kafka have about Sakura?
9. Why does Colonel Sanders bring Hoshino to the religious shrine?
10. How does Hoshino care for Nakata after he dies?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)