|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Oshima find a copy of Mrs. Saeki's hit song on vinyl?
(a) In his mother's collection.
(b) In a garbage dump.
(c) In the library's collection.
(d) On the Internet.
2. What beverage does Kafka bring to Mrs. Saeki every day at the same time?
3. Which of the following characters encounters Johnny Walker while walking through the woods?
4. Who has arranged for Nakata to live in the free apartments provided by the government?
(a) His brothers.
(b) His parents.
(c) His sons.
(d) He arranged it himself.
5. Which of the following groups of people disappeared in the woods near Oshima's cabin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What weather storms into the city after Hoshino steals the entrance stone?
2. Which of the following items is NOT a theme in the song "Kafka on the Shore"?
3. Which of the following Greek mythologies is a parallel to Kafka's life?
4. Who arranges for Nakata to stay at a posh apartment while the police are searching for him?
5. Which of the following characters lies about seeing Kafka in order to protect him from the searching police?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Nakata and Hoshino know that the entrance stone is working?
2. How does Kafka react to the desolate village that the Japanese soldiers guide him to?
3. What happens when Crow encounters Johnny Walker in the enchanted woods?
4. What does Kafka decide to do with his life after emerging from Limbo?
5. Why does Oshima wake Kafka in the middle of the night with a frantic phone call?
6. What arrangements does Colonel Sanders make for Nakata and Hoshino while the police are on their manhunt?
7. How does Mrs. Saeki respond when Nakata bursts into her office demanding to talk about the entrance stone?
8. Why does Colonel Sanders bring Hoshino to the religious shrine?
9. How does Kafka react when he is approached by the Japanese soldiers in Oshima's woods?
10. How does Mrs. Saeki convince Kafka to leave the world of the deserted village and go back where he belongs?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)