|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges for Nakata to stay at a posh apartment while the police are searching for him?
(a) Colonel Sanders.
(c) Mrs. Saeki.
(d) Johnny Walker.
2. How does Mrs. Saeki react when Nakata begs to speak with her about the entrance stone?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She pretends not to know what Nakata is talking about.
(c) She kicks Nakata out of her office.
(d) She closes the door for privacy.
3. Who is asked to kill evil before it can escape through the entrance stone?
4. What type of store does Oshima's brother own?
(a) A cake shop.
(b) A surf shop.
(c) A pet shop.
(d) A tuxedo shop.
5. What does Kafka bring with him into the woods in case he should decide to kill himself?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A noose.
(d) A handful of arsenic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mrs. Saeki's spirit that keeps Kafka company in the deserted village?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Hoshino does to pass the time while Nakata sleeps?
3. How does Hoshino carry the entrance stone back to his hotel room?
4. Which of the following spirits frequents Kafka's bedroom while he is sleeping?
5. What dream does Kafka have about Sakura when he is lost in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangements does Colonel Sanders make for Nakata and Hoshino while the police are on their manhunt?
2. What does Kafka decide to do with his life after emerging from Limbo?
3. What is the origin of Kafka's name?
4. How does evil try to escape Limbo?
5. How does Mrs. Saeki convince Kafka to leave the world of the deserted village and go back where he belongs?
6. What happened to the two soldiers that went for a walk in the woods surrounding Oshima's cabin?
7. How does Hoshino care for Nakata after he dies?
8. Who is Colonel Sanders?
9. How do Nakata and Hoshino know that the entrance stone is working?
10. Why does Oshima wake Kafka in the middle of the night with a frantic phone call?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)