|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has arranged for Nakata to live in the free apartments provided by the government?
(a) His parents.
(b) His brothers.
(c) His sons.
(d) He arranged it himself.
2. How does Hoshino carry the entrance stone back to his hotel room?
(a) In a wagon.
(b) In a backpack.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) In a taxi cab.
3. What is the name of the philosopher that the prostitute recites, that Hoshino meets?
(a) José Celestino Mutis.
(b) James Boswell.
(c) Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel.
(d) Marquis de Condorcet.
4. From where did Hoshino steal the entrance stone?
(a) From a cemetery.
(b) From a religious shrine.
(c) From a river.
(d) From a playground.
5. What type of people did Mrs. Saeki write a book about?
(a) People who had been abandoned as children.
(b) People who had unusual animals as pets.
(c) People who had died and come back to life.
(d) People who had been struck by lightning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the director of the films that Hoshino watches back to back?
2. What dream does Kafka have about Sakura when he is lost in the woods?
3. Which of the following is NOT something that ceases to matter in the deserted village?
4. Which character reminds Kafka that "love is accompanied by sadness"?
5. How was Mrs. Saeki punished for opening the entrance stone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Colonel Sanders bring Hoshino to the religious shrine?
2. What does Kafka decide to do with his life after emerging from Limbo?
3. How does Mrs. Saeki respond when Nakata bursts into her office demanding to talk about the entrance stone?
4. Why does Oshima wake Kafka in the middle of the night with a frantic phone call?
5. How does Kafka react when he is approached by the Japanese soldiers in Oshima's woods?
6. How does Mrs. Saeki convince Kafka to leave the world of the deserted village and go back where he belongs?
7. What conversation does Hoshino get into with the elderly coffee shop owner the day that the entrance stone is flipped?
8. How does Mrs. Saeki react when Kafka confronts her about the possibility that she is his mother?
9. What happened to the two soldiers that went for a walk in the woods surrounding Oshima's cabin?
10. What is the origin of Kafka's name?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)