|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of people did Mrs. Saeki write a book about?
(a) People who had died and come back to life.
(b) People who had been abandoned as children.
(c) People who had been struck by lightning.
(d) People who had unusual animals as pets.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Hoshino does to pass the time while Nakata sleeps?
(a) Reading a book.
(c) Eating food.
(d) Drinking alcohol.
3. What does Colonel Sanders do for a living?
(a) He is a pimp.
(b) He is a con man.
(c) He is a drug dealer.
(d) He is a hit man.
4. What beverage does Kafka bring to Mrs. Saeki every day at the same time?
5. How was Mrs. Saeki punished for opening the entrance stone?
(a) With the inability to love.
(b) With no memory of her past.
(c) With everlasting life.
(d) With a song that would never leave her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following images is the subject of a painting hanging in Kafka's bedroom at the library?
2. What color is the entrance stone?
3. Which of the following characters accidentally admits to being from the same area where Kafka's father was murdered?
4. Which of the following characters encounters Johnny Walker while walking through the woods?
5. Who has arranged for Nakata to live in the free apartments provided by the government?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Saeki react when Kafka confronts her about the possibility that she is his mother?
2. How does Kafka react to the desolate village that the Japanese soldiers guide him to?
3. Why does Oshima wake Kafka in the middle of the night with a frantic phone call?
4. What happens with Mrs. Saeki sleepwalks into Kafka's bedroom?
5. What book did Mrs.Saeki write after collecting interviews?
6. How do Nakata and Hoshino know that the entrance stone is working?
7. Why did Mrs. Saeki first open the entrance stone?
8. How does Hoshino care for Nakata after he dies?
9. How does Colonel Sanders explain his physical form to Hoshino?
10. How does Kafka react when he is approached by the Japanese soldiers in Oshima's woods?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)