|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Nakata falls asleep, how long does he usually slumber?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
2. What is the name of Mrs. Saeki's spirit?
(a) She has no name.
3. How was Mrs. Saeki punished for opening the entrance stone?
(a) With no memory of her past.
(b) With a song that would never leave her head.
(c) With everlasting life.
(d) With the inability to love.
4. Who does Hoshino wait to hear from before closing the entrance stone?
(b) Johnny Walker.
(c) Mrs. Saeki.
(d) Colonel Sanders.
5. What film does Kafka watch upon arriving at the desolate village?
(a) Mary Poppins.
(b) The Wizard of Oz.
(c) The Sound of Music.
(d) Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which war does Oshima have a fantasy of fighting in?
2. Where does Oshima find a copy of Mrs. Saeki's hit song on vinyl?
3. What does Kafka bring with him into the woods in case he should decide to kill himself?
4. How long have Hoshino and Nakata spent together by the time Nakato dies?
5. Who was Mrs. Saeki trying to save when she opened the entrance stone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the two soldiers that went for a walk in the woods surrounding Oshima's cabin?
2. How does Mrs. Saeki react when Kafka confronts her about the possibility that she is his mother?
3. How does Kafka react to the desolate village that the Japanese soldiers guide him to?
4. How does Colonel Sanders explain his physical form to Hoshino?
5. Why did Mrs. Saeki first open the entrance stone?
6. What conversation does Hoshino get into with the elderly coffee shop owner the day that the entrance stone is flipped?
7. What happens when Crow encounters Johnny Walker in the enchanted woods?
8. How do Nakata and Hoshino know that the entrance stone is working?
9. While wandering through the woods, what disturbing dream does Kafka have about Sakura?
10. Why does Oshima wake Kafka in the middle of the night with a frantic phone call?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)