|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kafka feel connected to in nature as he is wandering through the woods?
(a) The songs.
(b) The scents.
(c) The rhythm.
(d) The cadence.
2. What does Kafka bring with him into the woods in case he should decide to kill himself?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A noose.
(d) A handful of arsenic.
3. Which war does Oshima have a fantasy of fighting in?
(a) The Spanish Civil War.
(c) The American Civil War.
(d) Desert Storm.
4. How does Johnny Walker react when someone tries to kill him in the woods?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He faints.
(c) He ignores the attack completely.
(d) He weeps.
5. How was Mrs. Saeki punished for opening the entrance stone?
(a) With no memory of her past.
(b) With a song that would never leave her head.
(c) With everlasting life.
(d) With the inability to love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has arranged for Nakata to live in the free apartments provided by the government?
2. Where does Hoshino promise to take Nakata when things blow over with the police?
3. What part of Hoshino's body pains him until Nakata fixes it for him?
4. How old is Mrs. Saeki's spirit that keeps Kafka company in the deserted village?
5. Where does Oshima find a copy of Mrs. Saeki's hit song on vinyl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What book did Mrs.Saeki write after collecting interviews?
2. While wandering through the woods, what disturbing dream does Kafka have about Sakura?
3. How does Kafka react when he is approached by the Japanese soldiers in Oshima's woods?
4. How does evil try to escape Limbo?
5. How does Hoshino care for Nakata after he dies?
6. What conversation does Hoshino get into with the elderly coffee shop owner the day that the entrance stone is flipped?
7. How do Nakata and Hoshino know that the entrance stone is working?
8. What does Mrs. Saeki ask Nakata to do with her memoirs?
9. Why does Oshima wake Kafka in the middle of the night with a frantic phone call?
10. What is the origin of Kafka's name?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)