|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nakata feel after the entrance stone is flipped?
2. What is the one thing that Hoshino wishes he could change about himself?
(a) He wishes he was better looking.
(b) He wishes he was smarter.
(c) He wishes he was stronger.
(d) He wishes he was thinner.
3. When Nakata falls asleep, how long does he usually slumber?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 6 hours.
4. What is the name of the philosopher that the prostitute recites, that Hoshino meets?
(a) Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel.
(b) Marquis de Condorcet.
(c) James Boswell.
(d) José Celestino Mutis.
5. What color is the entrance stone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What film does Kafka watch upon arriving at the desolate village?
2. How does Mrs. Saeki react when Nakata begs to speak with her about the entrance stone?
3. On what day do Nakata and Hoshino arrive at the library?
4. What does Nakata decide is the location where the portal from the entrance stone has been opened?
5. What classical musician is the topic of conversation at the coffee shop that Hoshino frequents?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Saeki react when Kafka confronts her about the possibility that she is his mother?
2. What book did Mrs.Saeki write after collecting interviews?
3. Who is Colonel Sanders?
4. How does Mrs. Saeki respond when Nakata bursts into her office demanding to talk about the entrance stone?
5. How does Colonel Sanders explain his physical form to Hoshino?
6. What is the origin of Kafka's name?
7. How does evil try to escape Limbo?
8. While wandering through the woods, what disturbing dream does Kafka have about Sakura?
9. Why does Colonel Sanders bring Hoshino to the religious shrine?
10. How does Mrs. Saeki convince Kafka to leave the world of the deserted village and go back where he belongs?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)